Add Reply
New Poll

Paint It Black, tag Rowan
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 08:15 PM
3624 • Serpentine Water Spirit • Vengeance • Lerna

above the smokestacks
The Hydra of Lerna did not enjoy visiting the Labyrinth. While there many things that he could enjoy about it- the taste of malovelence and fear that could occasionally be found within the Nightmare King's lair was satisfying to his baser needs were but a few examples- the lair itself often became a source of unpleasantness when he needed to visit it after work. Frigid weather was something that he normally avoided, but sometimes it became outright unavoidable when he needed to visit Pitch Black. It hardly helped that the Labyrinth was underground and stretched so far.

Of course, he supposed that he should be glad for possessing multiple heads in situations such as this. Disgust became easier to hide depending one who stood at the forefront, espeially since his opinions were often divided as a whole. He did not have the luxury of solid opinions, but instead possessing a mind that was continually eternally filled arguments unless the immortal head spoke and created silence or, on a rare occasion, a subject that brought forth agreement was presented.

His matters within the Labyrinth had recently finished and the Hydra of Lerna found himself quick to leave. He was quick to try and find an entrance that lead somewhere warm. Unfortunately, this was quickly proving to be difficult. The Labyrinth was a dark place and the water spirit had the misfortune of possessing monochromacy when in his human form, the world far darker than it should be and forcing him to rely more upon smell. Help might have asked for help but he hardly trusted another creature within this den.

Scowling, he pressed forward.

I got a brain-tricked hunger and you're pulling me in

ZERO
PM
^
♠ ROWAN TAYLOR
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 05:54 AM
12 • Human • Honesty • N/A

Into the shadows I run
With the fears in my mind
The labyrinth was the one place he had yet to have been. He was dragged here, there, and everywhere by his shadows and others. It was odd being in the labyrinth. The shadows being everywhere, the fear, the malevolence, it was unsettling to the human half of the boy, but he had this dull sense of joy come from it, he had no idea why. But no matter, it was not his place to say. Walking around and getting lost himself was a bad idea. He was looking for an exit himself, when he had bumped into someone. "I-I-I'm sorry!" Rowan stammered stepping back in a slight daze. He really had to learn how keep his eyes up when walking. Looking down is how he ended up lost in the first place.
MOMO (P.S. Sorry it's short)
coded by PINK
PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 08:15 AM

above the smokestacks
The Hydra noticed the human a moment too late. Slightly startled, his gaze flickered downward to the skittish, dazed creature before him. In the darkness, the child looked more like a blur, as the water spirit found himself capable only making out the light colours to the human. A frown immediately crossed his face. For a brief moment, he wondered if the child was lost, but he immediately dismissed the thought. Lost children usually did not make it far into the Labyrinth, only left near the edges to be toyed with by creatures like the shadow men. Curious, his tongue flicked out, catching the child's scent, only for his frown to grow deeper.

How odd.

"It isss fine," he said, not bothering to voice his thoughts as he allowed a smile to form. Bluntness was, in his opinion, fairly uncouth and would likely not give him the answers he wished to receive. No, kindness always got him what he wanted. "I wasss not looking where I wasss going." His gaze seemed to sharpen slightly, focusing on Rowan. "Though...I do not believe I have ssseen you before?"

Not that that was saying much. He rarely visited the Labyrinth unless he had to.

ZERO
PM
^
♠ ROWAN TAYLOR
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:49 AM

Into the shadows I run
The daze wore off and Rowan blinked to focus himself. He only offered a small smile and a nod at the Hydra's words. Apologies out of the way, the being before him seemed confused at seeing him. "Well... th-th-that's because you p-probably haven't. I-I'm n-new... And I h-h-haven't been down here y-y-yet." Rowan looked down in thought for a moment, then looked back up. [color=#20B2AA]"Though... I-I think I'm lost..."[color]

Rowan looked around, the corridors seemed endless, and twisted and turned in a way that you'd think you were going in circles. The maze of the labyrinth was never-ending and there was always more corridors, more hallways. You had to either have a really great memory, or a way to keep track of where you've been and had to have an idea of where you were going.

coded by PINK
PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 08:15 AM

above the smokestacks
The explanation given was a simple one. However, it was one that the Hydra found easy enough to accept. After all, it would be impossible for him to know anyone who was new unless there had been recent events or he had actually made an attempt to meet and greet. Unfortunately, he tended to not do the latter much since jumping between his duties as an Anti-Guardian and a guardian of the Underworld could make him busy. If he got to know someone, then it was probably going to be by chance or work.

He let out a low chuckle. "Well, it issss a labyrinth," he said in amusement, "The good onesss alwayssss get you losssst." Daedalus, to his knowledge, had been quite talented at making good ones. However, the Nightmare King's lair certainly went beyond what even a famed man could create.

His gaze seemed to focus on Rowan, becoming unmoving as the Hydra found him to be one of the clearest things to see. "I happen to be looking for my way out assss well. I need to leave through one of the warmer entrancesss," he commented airily, purposely not mentioning that he was as good as blind here, "I imagine that we can ssssearch together? I have rather good sssensesss, sssso we'll probably find our way sssoon enough."

He paused, a frown forming. "Ah, I forget mysssself," he murmured, before speaking a bit louder, "I am the Hydra of Lerna. You are....?"

ZERO
PM
^
♠ ROWAN TAYLOR
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 10:13 AM

Into the shadows I run
Why did he always bump into the talkative ones? Yes it worked well due to his stuttering shyness, but on the other hand, it did become tiresome to keep listening. Though the Hydra of Lerna as he had just learnt- wait... Hydra? As in multi-headed guardian beast Hydra? Rowan couldn't help but feel a little taken aback at that bit of information. Still, it appeared as though they were both lost, which means they could work together, much as the Hydra had suggested. "S-Sure, it'll be easier with b-both of us searching." He smiled a little. "O-Oh, I'm Rowan. Rowan Taylor."
coded by PINK
PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 07:14 PM

above the smokestacks
A bright smile crossed the Hydra of Lerna's face. It was well practiced in its ways, as the immortal head was the most kind out of the entirety of the heads. Yet, it was also the most insincere. Kindness and politeness, it had long ago learned, were tools that brought about positive reactions from those who were weaker. It lowered the guards of those and worked well in gaining a meal.

It was a lesson that even the gods could not have taught him.

"Excellent," he said, seeming to stumble over the word slightly, "It issss niccce to meet you Rowan." Absently, he tasted the air. "Thisss way would be best." Without asking for an opinion, he began walking ahead. "If you do not mind me asssking, what are you?"

ZERO
PM
^
♠ ROWAN TAYLOR
 Posted: Today at 01:21 am

Into the shadows I run
Rowan had been looking around the hallway as the walked, despite there being not much to see, but he figured the shadows would be able to tell him something, something of a way out, even if it weren't in the way of talking, even if it was just by looking at the shapes and patterns he made. He stopped and turned as the hydra had suggested a way. They were walking some more when the hydra asked what he was. He wasn't quite sure, what he had meant. Did he mean alignment or species or what? He figured to just answer the question in general with all. "I-I'm a h-human shadow m-manipulator a-a-aligned with the a-a-anti-guardians."
And I can never turn back, even if I wanted to
coded by PINK
PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Today at 02:21 am

above the smokestacks
An amused expression crossed the Hydra of Lerna's face. "I should hope you are," he said, "I imagine that it would not be good if you were wandering within here and were not an anti-guardian." Instead of sounding grim, the water spirit sounded both amused and pleased. The thought entertained him, as he was well aware that anyone who entered within the Labryinth and was not an ally usually did not meet a good fate.

After all, the scent of blood was rather difficult to get rid of.

Quickly, his mind shifted. "A human shadow manipulator?" he commented, his brow furrowing, "That explainssss your odd ssscent. The latter certainly clingsss to you." He did smell like a human, but not like a normal one. He wasn't quite sure he liked it, but then he'd never had much of a taste for anything that smelled like home. "And what bringsss you down here, little Rowan?"

ZERO
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.