Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Goodbye, tag Ella
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 04:05 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella found that she couldn't seem to stop smiling. It was a nice feeling truly and she felt quite natural almost, natural and equal just as everyone else. It filled her with eagerness and pleasure that she didn't know s he could be capable of. Though she had never heard of this man, she was quite glad to have met him if only for a brief moment. She followed him eagerly this time and would have now even without the command in her feet. She looked around in awe at the little shop, having been so used to shopping for her family that she couldn't even fathom finding something for herself. On someone else's money no less. It was all so surreal and she was certain that she might actually be in a dream.

A wonderful dream that she never wanted to wake from."N-no, it's all right, sir. You have a god son? That must be nice and I'm sure he's very lucky to have you." She said with a wistful smile, imagining what it must be like to have a Godfather or Godmother. Maybe even a fairy one. But the thought quickly vanished from her head as she focused on the shop around her. It was so beautiful and shiny and had so much to offer that she had never looked twice at before. How wonderful indeed. Then she wondered what she would even do with the clothes if she could be able to sneak them home. After all, her family would certainly notice them quickly and probably taken away from her immediately. But perhaps, just perhaps she could be able to sneak them in.

"What kind? My own, I suppose..." She confessed, knowing that it sounded silly as soon as she said it aloud. Then again she had only ever had clothes that belonged to someone else or things that she had had for years. "Everything here is so lovely. I mean, I can't possibly decide any of this, sir. I may need help but I don't know what you know about clothes either." She said though she was gravitating naturally to a lovely blue dress just on the other side of the room. It was pale and beautiful but had a certain simplicity that drew her to it. "Besides, I don't have any place nice to wear such things."
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 10:18 PM
65 • Human [Half-Alive/Half-Dead] • Family • Wisconsin

black ink revenge

He gave a small nod. "Daniel is likely a bit happier for it, I imagine, and I certainly improved with the company." Loneliness was not something that had treated him well. After Jack's betrayal and having spent so many years alone in the hospital, he had become a different person, one who was less inclined towards kindness. The lack of a family, something he had always wanted, had not helped in the slightest. "Though, I doubt he needs me as much now. He would be in his thirties now."

Still, young Ella seemed to find the idea nice. Her happiness at such simply topics merely increased his suspicions. He would need to force an investigation into these matters. Of course, he did wish for it to only go in one direction.

The image the girl painted in response to his question was rather tragic. It sounded as if she did not own anything herself and he was beginning to believe that was the case. He pursed his lips, wondering if he should choose. He could imagine quite a few things that would look lovely on her. However, he found his question answered whether she knew it or not. Stepping near where she was, he unhooked a dress from its place. It was a relatively simple thing, but not at all ugly. Clearly made for spring, it was meant to go towards the knees and was a baby blue colour. "Nonsense, I am sure you will find a time to wear it." By the look on his face, he seemed to believe it. "Now what of this?"

I'm drunk as a leech. Confessing my sins to an angel.

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 03:52 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Thirties...that seemed far away to little Ella. She mused at the thought of having a godfather such as this fellow. Vlad was such an interesting name as well and he seemed to be kinder than she could have ever imagined. In fact she almost didn't mind the fact that she had accidentally run across him and that he had commanded her to come follow him. So many nice things were happening to her all at once that she couldn't help but wonder if anything else terrible would come along right after it. No no, she mustn't lose faith. Things eventually would work out for the better and Ella knew that she couldn't just give up after she'd come so far to get here. Perhaps he might even be the one to free her from her current state. Maybe, just maybe.

"I do like it, sir, but I still feel a little strange letting you buy it. After all, you only just met me and it feels a large request to make." Ella was still having a hard time just letting the man buy her something and couldn't help but feel guilty. Strange really. She wanted to accept it and yet she couldn't seem to and the feeling that she should worry persisted deep in her head. She tried to shake it away and simply smile at the man before her then finally took the dress in her hand. She couldn't help but admire it. Of course it wasn't as nice as the other dresses but something about it still pleased her. She wouldn't be a princess at a ball in it or be in a fairy tale but it was nicer than anything she had owned in a long time.

"I think it would be nice to have but I won't trouble you with it if you change your mind." She said pleasantly as she held onto the dress lovingly. Perhaps she could wear it when the stepsisters weren't around, maybe even to her daily trips to the library. That would be nice, wouldn't it? At least there she might be able to look somewhat normal for once. "Maybe this and a nice pair of sensible shoes and I should probably get right back to work. I've already wasted enough time as it is."
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 05:16 AM

black ink revenge

Vlad made a thoughtful sound, nodding at her words. He supposed that he could understand why she thought it strange. After all, most strangers did not offer to buy something for someone out of the blue without a clear reason. However, the half-ghost had not been a particularly normal person in many decades nor had he grown up to be someone who had particularly cared about what social norms dictated.

He offered the girl a small smile. "I assure you it is quite a small one." There was no need to explain in great detail as to why it was small, at least not yet. If the girl did not realize that he was wealthy, considering that she clearly did not know the weight his name carried, then he imagined that there was no need to explain it when she clearly had so much more on her mind.

He shook his head. "I will not change my mind, dear." He glanced about the place. A smile came to his face. "Of course. Choose whatever you like, Miss Frell."

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 04:18 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Whatever she liked. Those words were so foreign to poor Ella and she didn't know how to react to them in the slightest. Her eyes widened at the mere thought of it, seeing all of the beautiful things in the shop that she simply would have ignored otherwise. She was so used to shopping for obnoxiously loud and colorful things for her stepsisters that she hadn't even stopped to think of something for herself before. All of that was hidden within her and that desire that she couldn't help but let loose now while she finally had a chance to explore. She hugged the beautiful but simple blue dress close to herself as she kept looking about the shop itself.

"I'm beginning to think you are the most kind person I've ever met, sir." She said with a wide smile as she continued to look around. She kept moving as she clutched the dress at her side, her steps faster by each moment. She quickly found a pair of sensible shoes that she quite liked and a shirt and a pair of trousers. Surely if she got these clothes she could work in them and be presentable when she was out and about doing errands. Of course her family wouldn't take it from her when she barely had anything else. She could just keep hope in that and be certain that things would change for the better. After all, she had somehow managed to run into a very giving rich man who had only just met her. And here he was giving away clothes as if it were nothing at all.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 06:02 AM

black ink revenge

Vlad has seen some rather pitiful expressions in his time, one of the most pitiful being the expression that had been on Daniel's face when the boy had come into his care. However, the look that crossed Ella Frell's face at his simple offer was rather heart wrenching. An offer for someone to buy clothing should not have brought forth such joy.

Had there been a moment of doubt, he was now more than sure that he would be having words with whomever this child's guardians were. He did not care what it took, but he would be pulling her away from the home that she lived within and making sure she went into a proper one. No one deserved to live in such misery.

A smile crossed his face. "Thank you. That is quite a kind thing to say." He did not wish to correct her, not wishing to see her joy melt away. After all, he was not a good man. He disliked most people and the amount of people he was genuinely kind to were small. Ella was just fortunate enough to be within those numbers.

Not wishing to destroy the moment, he made no move to follow her, more than happy to allow her to gather what she wished.

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 04:17 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

"It's true though, sir. Promise." Ella said pleasantly, not really noticing his reactions as she moved about the room. She couldn't seem to see it all at once and was so used to pushing aside the things she really wanted for what her stepsisters had ordered her to buy instead. Now she was able to look at her own selections and actually be able to truly buy them. That was a thing that thrilled her to no end and Ella couldn't believe that this was reality and not a dream. She was flying from one item to the next and she finally settled to see a pair of lovely slippers. They seemed plain enough but something perked her interest. When she gently took them in her hands, Ella could see that they were truly clear, almost of glass with little flecks of color that sparkled each time she moved them.

Glass slippers to be sure! Ella grinned to herself at the silliness of the thought but she held onto them carefully before returning to her new friend. "Mr. Masters, I would like these shoes and that dress if that's all right. I'm not sure if I could be able to take more than that." She said, still quite excited. "I feel as if I would be pressuring you if I bought more and I honestly don't know if I have room to take more than this anyhow." Ella said, hoping that she hadn't already put too much burden on him as it was. "Please understand. And besides I have a lot more that I must be getting done...I would hate to take up your time and be late to get home." She said, secretly wanting more but not wanting to get too ahead of herself.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 04:04 AM

black ink revenge

Had he been another man, one who truly was what Ella believed, Vlad would have told her the truth. Instead, he allowed her to live in ignorance. He had no doubt that she would be happier without knowing that she was in the presence of a criminal or that the money he was going to spend to give her gifts was founded upon the stolen wealth of many other men. In fact, he was sure many other men would be happier without knowing the truth. People usually were.

He nodded at her words. "Of course," he said, not wishing to pressure her too much, "Come with me," he said, "We will buy them right now."

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 02:55 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Of course if Ella were offered more things, she wouldn't have known what to do with them.But for now a simple dress and a strange but lovely pair of shoes were enough to intoxicate the servant girl into happiness. What a strange thing to happen that day that she would surely remember for days to come. It made her wonder what happened with folk who experienced such joy each and every day. This joy would be enough to keep her going for the next few days to be certain despite all the awfulness at home. At least she had made a new friend and had two things to call her own for the first time in ages. Her smile was still wide even as she gave the two things to him to purchase. Yes, actually purchase. And she didn't even have to give it away to anyone either. What a wonderful feeling it was indeed.

She wasn't upset with his command and in fact moved swiftly after him, picking up her pace as she followed him to the cashier. "I do have to be getting back though. There is so much to be done and I simply can't take too much time here as much as I'd like to. They'd be lost without me." She smiled sadly, knowing the unfortunate truth of what was back home.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:54 PM

black ink revenge

The two walked to the cashier. Looking to Ella, he waited for the young woman to hand her thing to the cashier before turning his gaze on the young man behind it. "We will be buying everything she has picked out," he said simply before pulling out his black card and handing it over to the cashier. As if he had done so many times, he ignored the young man's look of surprise and awe as he took the object and nodded.

Turning his gaze back to Ella, he nodded. "But of course," he said with a kind smile. Naturally, he had other plans, but she did not need to know about that. Instead, he changed the topic. "Though, if I may ask, why would they be lost without you?"

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 02:58 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella nodded pleasantly to the woman who was ringing the both of them up, knowing that she had a hard job that she must be rarely appreciated for. She shifted nervously and then looked away quickly, realizing that Vlad was talking to her again. He sure seemed to be picking up on her a lot and listening to each and everything she was saying. It was strange really, hearing someone who was truly paying attention to her. Usually she only spoke when she was spoken to and then it was very little and responsive to commands. This was an actual conversation and the man genuinely seemed to be worried about her. How odd indeed. She bit her lip and cleared her throat, unsure of what to say for a moment.

"Well every family would be lost without a stepsister, you see. And I work very hard for them. There's just so much to be done , sir, and I simply must be getting home soon. I really do appreciate your kindness and everything you've done for me. I promise it won't ever be forgotten." She couldn't wait to wear her dress as soon as she got home, hoping to hide it successfully from the family who would destroy any kind of hope that she wanted to hold onto. But not this one. Ella would keep this dress and those beautiful shoes for as long as she possibly could, just so she could remember this wonderful man.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 05:20 AM

black ink revenge

His card was quickly returned to him and the two soon had Ella's purchases as the two behind the cashier counter had finished ringing them up. Accepting the purchases, he eyed Ela, noting that the parcels that she had been holding previously but had placed down for a moment to choose her purchases. "Perhaps I shall carry these instead?" he offered.

Carefully, he listened to her and he found himself quickly becoming incredibly confused. She had not explained much, of course, but he was getting the feeling that there was not much to be side. 'Every family would be lost without a stepsister'- this was either a lie or misconception. After all, there were many families that did not possess stepsiblings. Daniel himself had only had his sister and, while he had never been fond of the girl when she had been alive, the boy had done perfectly fine with just her as a sibling, as had his family. Their family had not been lost due to the lack of a stepsibling.

He had the feeling that Ella Frell might not even know what a real family was like, and that was clearly being taken advantage of.

"Of course," he agreed, "I will, naturally, explain to your guardians why you are late." He glanced at his watch. I imagine that we should go now lest we keep your family waiting any longer."

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 03:33 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

"Oh you don't have to really...not at all. I can carry these-" But she had a feeling that the man wouldn't let her just take anything from him. He wanted to help and that was a nice feeling to have. She was still smiling pleasantly, relieved to have such good company with her at least. But she knew she couldn't be gone much longer as the pull of the order that was constantly placed on her pushed her toward the house. She was already late and she cringed inwardly at the idea of being even more late that evening. She hadn't been late in such a long time that she worried what the punishment might be if she stayed out much longer.

"Oh of course not. I'm so glad you understand, sir, but you really don't have to come with me. I mean, I can take those if you like and give you less to worry about. If I'm late, I'm sure they won't mind." That was of course a lie. Nervousness was obvious on her face and she wasn't sure what else to do at the moment. She didn't want him to come back to the house only to get even more questions as to why she had brought back another strange. She still hadn't heard the end of things with the prince that she hadn't seen since. Some days she thought about Ivan and wondered if he would ever come back again to visit. Then again she supposed that he was better off not having to deal with her own issues and problems, sure that he would rather go with some girl who was much better off.

"you really don't have to worry about coming with me anyway. Besides, I'm sure you have quite a bit to get finished as well. You've done so much to help me and I really appreciate it but I couldn't possibly let you do too much more after everything you've done already. Surely you understand..."Ella bit her lip, hoping he would get it but she couldn't help her nerves just the same.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 30 2017, 04:56 AM

black ink revenge

At Ella's insistence that he did not have to take the bags, Vlad only shook his head. "It is no trouble." As kind as she was being, the idea that she could carry these and the parcels from before was a tad ridiculous. She was a small girl and he had little doubt that she would be able to carry them all by herself. Even if she was able, it would likely be difficult. Moreover, it was the polite thing to do. Perhaps had the bags been the only things she needed to carry would he have given them up. However, parcels and the bags were ridiculous and he would not lower himself to such rudeness.

The girl did seem to be one who was rather adamant that she could do things herself. In many ways, it reminded him of Daniel when the boy had been younger. Even after his parents and friends had died, his godchild had been one who preferred to be independent...even if the truth was that he would prefer to have someone to lean upon.

Perhaps her need for independence stemmed from somewhere similar.

He offered her a small smile. "I understand," he agreed, "However, I promised that I would explain why you were late and I intend to do such that. I would hate to go back on my word. After all, promises are such important things."

LULU
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.