Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Synchronize, Tag Zhi Liu
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 08:18 AM
Very Old • Celestial Human • Balance • Aquarius Constellation

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

The Heavens were a wondrous place. Their beauty extended beyond anything imaginable. It was glittering and peaceful. Many liked to murmur about how it was akin to the stars and that the Heavenly Empress must have constructed it in such a manner, picking only the most beautiful things to place within her realm. It made sense to those who whispered it. After all, the Heavebly Empress was a powerful and beautiful being despite her cold demeanor. Surely, she must have been most careful when creating the Heavens.

It all sounded rather silly to Qiān Niú Xīng. While the Heavens were beautiful, beauty was not all that existed within them. In fact, there were many ugly things within the realm. Dissatisfaction and longing were two things which came to the minor deity's mind. However, he imagined that such notions would not cross the minds of fairies. They were quite simple creatures after all.

Qiān Niú Xīng did enjoy looking to the beauty beyond the Heavens though. It was not something that many of the other deities seemed to noticed. For this reason, he pitied them. The twenty-eight mansions existed for a reason, after all, and it was not so that the beauty within could be ignored. The best place to gaze upon the celestial world was perhaps the gardens. They were unlike anything remotely human- glittering, as the fairies so often liked to exclaim. However, they were also a good place for gazing at what was beyond the realm.

He just needed to find a place to do. Carefully, he began to wander through them.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 05:04 PM
ancient • celestial deity • protection • N/A

tag: MOMO
Notes: She's fallin in both of my replies omg. xDDD She needs to go for ballet class.
swift as the coursing river
The palace was suffocating.

It was a complaint that Zhi Er had always given to her mother since she had been a child, amongst the many other questions that the rebellious young girl often managed to come up with, driving her mother up the wall. It was no surprise that even in the Heavenly Palace, Liu Zhi, granddaughter of the Heavenly Empress, matriach of the heavens, and weaver and master of weather, was a well-known daredevil and escape artist.

Other then Erlang, every other guard in the Palace quakes in their boots whenever the Empress summons them to guard her princess. As of today, Zhi knew she would have to dash to the throne room later to save two other necks.

But for now, she was content with the new little hideout she had mentally claimed dibs on for herself. It was a small alcove hidden behind the many rock formations within the gardens. It had always been beautiful, that far Zhi knew, but most of the time the beauty had always flown past the young deity's head. She wasn't one who cared much for material beauty, quite unlike her grandmother, who was very strict. Zhi, preferred action.
And it was very obvious to anyone who just so happen to stumble across her, as she stood with her red robe hiked up, the black silk pantaloons showing underneath. Her black, silken hair was loosened from it's chignon, and she had grabbed a twine to tightened the ponytail in place. In her hand, she held a long, spindly stick she jabbed wildly in the air. She had watched the Palace guards train faithfully. Everyday, she watched, and every evening, she would swindle her guards and escape to her secret alcove, clumsily attempting to emulate the guards.

She failed, of course. As much as Zhi begged, the Empress never allowed her proper tutelage, even if to Zhi, it made sense for her to protect herself. So there she stood as the butterflies flittered around, jabbing until one particular jab made her lose her balance. A shout escaped her as she tripped over a rock, falling forward as her balance was taken away from her, and falling to the ground with a loud 'thump'! "Ouch."
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 08:24 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Qiān Niú Xīng had not gotten far in his search and he supposed that he should not be surprised. He technically had no idea where he should be going. In fact, he might have been searching a rumour for all he knew. After all, too many within the Heavens were fond of sticking their noses where they did not belong, in his own opinion. Nonetheless, he was sure that if he could find the spot within the garden that could view outside the realm he was sure that his wandering would be worth it.

He began to wonder if he should try using his powers to search for the place. However, this train of thought was interrupted as someone falling to the ground. He blinked owlishly before stepping forward, kneeling down slightly. "Are you alright?" She did not exactly look it.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 11:45 PM

Notes: Meeeep
She had managed to somehow hit her hip, and her elbow which had resulted in her own self-devised, so-called broadsword to fly out of her hands, and now lay abandoned in a corner of the small alcove Zhi called her own. Sprawled on the stoned ground of the gardens, she groaned as she picked her body off the ground, hunched over her outstretched legs as she rubbed her elbow and picked the stray leaves and twigs off her hair.

It wasn't till a voice made its presence known, did Zhi turn in surprise, only to almost be nose to nose with someone whose face she recognized, but with no name to put to the sharp features that now graced her vision.

Caught off-guard by how close he was, especially since he had knelt down slightly, she almost tumbled backwards, scrambling to get up as she hurriedly unknotted the bottom half of teh red silk robe she had tied around her waist, letting it fall to cover her feet as was proper for the Palae etiquette. "I-" Red stained her cheeks, embarassed at being caught in such a position that wasn't supposed to be done of someone supposedly her status. But Zhi hated hierarchy in the first place.

"I'm fine... I guess. Just a little accident." she finally finished her words, a sheepish grin as she looked at the male who had entered. "Did I disturb your walk? I apologize. I really didn't mean it." Zhi looked properly contrite as she tilted her head in his direction as a way of apology, whilst at the same time trying to be discreet in removing as much of the dried twigs and leaves from her head as possible.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 12:52 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

The stranger did appear to be quite the mess. She appeared to be sprawled across the ground. Moreover, her appearance was quite mussed, though whether this was actually from her fall he could not entirely tell. What Qiān Niú Xīng did notice was that she had fallen quite awkwardly, leading to a bit of worrying to rise up within him. After all, he was not entirely sure if she had managed to injure herself or not. It might heal quickly, but it would likely depend upon who exactly this stranger was.

He blinked owlishly as he founded himself within little more than a hair's breath from the stranger as soon as he had spoken. His brow furrowed and he realized that he bother did and did not recognize who was before him. It was a bit hard to not recognize the female. Descendants of the Heavenly Empress, in his opinion, seemed to carry some resemblance to her and this was definitely the case of this individual. However, she was definitely her own individual. He just could not claim to know who she was beyond her ancestry. A grandchild of the Empress was not somebody he was likely to know.

Qiān Niú Xīng seemed to pay little attention to the stranger, not entirely realizing the gravity of the situation. There was a gravity, of course. He had caught a woman- a woman of a much higher status than himself- in what could only be considered an inappropriate situation, right down to how she was dressed.

Yet, he had never been the most normal among the minor deities. He was a contradiction that people enjoyed claiming was too serious or too talkative. He seemed to constantly be wrapped up in thoughts that were different than those of others. Gossip, beauty, rules- such things had never captured his interest.

"Well, that much is obvious," he said, his eyes dragging from where she was to where she had seemed to have suddenly appeared from. After a moment, he turned his attention back to her, belatedly noticing that she was not dressed in more...royal clothing. It was hardly the clothing of a peasant, but it was not exactly something he imagined someone such as herself doing. "What were you doing?" he asked, only curiosity in his tone.

He blinked at the sudden mention of his walk. "Not really," he said honestly, "I was just looking for something. I was probably lied to. That or it was mindless gossip."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 08:28 AM

She flushed again when he looked at whereshe came from, and then back at her obviously bedraggled appearance. Not at all befitting of her status, technically, but Zhi hated going around and people bowing to her. The fact that this stranger wasn't was quite... refreshing, actually. She grinned at his question, and pressed her fore finger to her lips in a sign of a secret. "Don't tell the Empress, but I've been practicing." Zhi ran over to her abandoned fake-sword, and picked it up, brandishing it clumsily.

"She forbids me to learn, but really now, isn't it technically better for me to learn myself, rather then rely on Erlang Shen all the time to protect me?" she asked, peeking at the stranger over the tip of her stick, as if seeking for his confirmation, and then stood upright again with the stick hanging in her hand by her side. "I'm Zhi, Liu Zhi. But you can call me Zhi Er. You are?" she asked, boldly. Her streak of upfront boldness was a streak that her grandmother often lamented over. Zhi wasn't your usual demure and quite girl of the court, but she barely listened when the Empress complaint.

Raising a brow when he mentioned his walk, she cocked her head to a side curiously, her black hair falling over her shoulder. "What was it you're looking for? Maybe I can help you find it. I know everywhere in the Gardens." she continued in a mysterious, cheeky voice. "Everywhere."
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 11:44 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Qiān Niú Xīng rose an eyebrow at the stranger's words. It appeared as though he had been correct in his guess that she was a descendant of the Heavenly Empress. After all, only someone of such status would have faced a great amount of disapproval- perhaps even shame- for indulging in less...feminine, he supposed, activities. Though, perhaps that was not the right way to phrase it. If anything, people were more expected to act in one manner or another due to station. A princess looked pretty and a guard fought- or, something like that. It was all relatively simplified in his head.

He hummed. "Well, if you are actually making progress," he said, before raising an eyebrow, "Which it does not really look like." He pointed at the stick. "Brandishing a weapon like that would get you killed or at least beaten up." Though, she did appear to be trying to learn on her own so he supposed that it was not too surprising. Learning through trial and error could be difficult and not everyone was good at learning through such a method.

He rose an eyebrow. "Qiān Niú Xīng," he said lightly. He doubted that she would recognize the name. He was a minor deity and his realm of duties were relatively...small. He paused at her offer before shrugging. "Sure," he said, "You'll probably be able to find it better than me. I was told there is a place in the gardens where you can see what is outside of the Heavens."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 09:46 AM

Notes: Yayyy
Progress? The word made a sheepish grin appear on her face, and her gaze dropped to her canvas covered feet barely peeking past her red silk robe. Progress… was a debatable subject when it came to Zhi Er and her lack in skills regarding the martial arts. ”No one’s about to beat me up… at least not here.” And then, she grinned impishly, raised a hand and snapped her fingers. At the snap, the skies rolled and thunder rumbled ominously, with a sudden streak of lightning dashing across the skies. ”I’d like to see them try.”

She usually didn’t show off her capabilities as the manipulator of weather, but somehow… Zhi Er really wanted to impress this aloof, quiet looking male. ”But you know, I’d just really like combat once in awhile. It gets boring after frying your opponents with lightning one too many times.”[/b ] she suddenly paused, as if an idea had appeared in her head. Her dark eyes glimmered as she regarded him in a curious fashion, and then grinned conspiratorially. [b]”Do you know how?”

Perking her ears up at his name, she delved into her memories for the name, but came up with a blank. Yet the conclusion that he was minor deity did nothing to diminish Zhi’s friendliness, for her eyes sparkled when he mentioned what he sought for. ”Such a place exists?” the girl exclaimed. Why had she never found such a place? She would ask Qian Liyen for help, but knowing him, he would never help her, and instead would likely report to the Empress. So instead, she pursed her lips and adopted a thoughtful look. ”I’ll help you look for the place… but what do I get in return?” she asked cheekily.

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 07:55 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Qiān Niú Xīng rose an eyebrow, glancing upwards. That seemed like a poor thing to have done, considering that it had seemed like she had been trying to hide. Of course, he had figured that on some level a descendant of the Heavenly Empress would not be easily beat. The Empress herself was a powerful being and each of her children and grandchildren inherited some of her power. However, physical combat, which Zhi Er appeared to be trying to learn, was an entirely different thing. It was arguably easier to beat someone with magic than your bare hands.

He was hardly afraid to point such a thing out. "That is magic though," he said bluntly, "A physical fight is different than one with magic. It is more of something that requires perception or thinking on your toes." It was not something everybody could do and do well. The guards were relatively good at what they did considering that they were expected o fight and defend.

He pursed his lips. "To a degree. I am only a minor deity though, not a guard. However, I dislike the idea of relying only on magic."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 01:13 AM

She had at least the sense to be suitably embarassed when Niulang pointed out that magic and physical fighting are on two different levels. It isn't something Zhi didn't know, of course she did... yet she just wanted to catch this guy's attention somehow. Yet she wasn't entirely sure if it worked. At least he had yet to run away from her? Most people within the Palace were either trying to polish her shoes or were too scared of her, and Zhi Er was honestly quite fed up.

"It is why I wanted to learn combat. If Grandmother would allow me, that is." she muttered in annoyance, figuring by now that he would know who she was, after her obvious display of magic. Yet a curious question popped in her head, one that she had yet to voice. Did he actually know who she was?

A sudden bright idea (at least to her) flashed in her head, making Zhi Er turn to him in excitement, grinning in an eager yet hopeful manner. "I have a deal for you. I'll help you look for that place... if you'll teach me whatever you know about combat? I promise I'm a good student." she grinned convincingly, taking a step or two closer to him.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 04:36 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Qiān Niú Xīng bit his lip, realizing that he might have been a bit too blunt. Zhi Er appeared to be a bit embarrassed by the point he had made. That had not been his intention when he had made to point out the difference between fighting with magic and physical combat. He had only hoped to present the difference since she had seemed to not realize that solely on magic was not a good thing. After all, magic was something that was diverse and came in many shapes. There could easily be those who were stronger than her. It was why it would be good to know what to do when one was unable to rely upon such methods.

He was not entirely sure what to do about that the matter, unfortunately. Taking back the words would be relatively pointless, as it would not only destroy his point but he was sure that it would do nothing. As a result, he said nothing. Thankfully, it appeared as if nothing might need to be said as she merely used his explanation to explain her own motive.

He hummed. "I can see the Empress' logic," he admitted, "Not all of her descendants are within positions that might get them harmed." He paused. "Outside of what some of them might do as deities." He was not particularly sure if all of them were deities, of course. The Empress had enough descendants that it was easy to forget. Either way, there was probably some fault to the logic. The world was not a peaceful place despite what their realm might be like, a realm which he would also argue was not perfect. Deities were beings that were bound to attract some harm their way. They always did.

Not that he would admit any of this vocally. It would cause far too much conflict for his liking.

Qiān Niú Xīng did not bother to think too hard on the deal. "Sure," he said, shrugging. After all, there seemed to be little harm in the deal. Well, little harm as long as he kept quiet about the fact that he was teaching a descendant- a female one at that- of the Empress. He doubted that that would be a good thing to tell others.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 03:46 PM

Her eyes widened when he mentioned the Empress's descendents. So he knew? Zhi Er raised her brows, and then hid a laugh. She knew how brash and hotheaded some of her relatives can be. Especially Hong Hai Er and his parents, which were the cause of much Palace gossip. The ongoing feud between the parents was a long and well known story. "True that. But that doesn't mean we should just sit and look pretty. It's such a waste of space." she retorted, scowling a little when she was reminded of how overprotective the Empress can be, and yet come off as cold and aloof. It was like the Empress can't decide if she wanted to coddle her family or push them away.

"Besides, our lineage itself is like a magnet for trouble. I really don't see why I should be a sitting duck." Zhi Er further complained. One could obviously see her distaste for sitting around, and the dark-haired deity had never been one to just loitre.

She had been fully prepared to launch into an argument of why this new person should be agreeing to her deal, so when he just easily agreed, his simple answer caught Zhi Er midway through opening her mouth for an argument, freezing her in a postion that made her look much like a fish gaping for air, surprise freezing her. A long minute passed before she closed her lips, her eyes remaining wide with surprise. It took awhile before the reality sunk in and then, the look melted into one of utter delight as she tossed propriety to the side and ran up to him so they now stood toe to toe. "Thank you! Should I call you sifu? Or are we still on name basis?" The joy she felt at actually having someone teach her could easily be seen, radiating out of her like some aura. Never mind the fact that her grandmother would probably have her head.

Holding out her makeshift, stick-made sword at him, Zhi Er grinned eagerly. "Shall we start now?"
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 02:10 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Zhi Er appeared to be oddly surprised by his words, something which Qiān Niú Xīng found fairly odd. After all, she held a strong resemblance to the Heavenly Empress. Moreover, she had not been doing much to hide her status. She had referred to the Empress in a far more familiar way than he ever would have. Perhaps the only great difference between the two were their personalities. She seemed to possess the same benevolence that the Empress had, but she was less regal and her emotions were clearer. She did not hold herself in the same manner one would expect of a grandchild of the Heavenly Empress.

He shrugged. "No," he agreed, "Perhaps not." Part of him wanted to point out that that might not be the opinion of the Heavenly Empress either. However, he was not entirely sure if that was wise to say. Theoretically, she would know her better, even if the Queen of the Heavens was difficult to read. He was hardly one who could say what the Empress was like outside of how she presented herself.

He hummed, neither agreeing or disagreeing. He was not sure what the other deity knew of what was outside of the realm. He was more than aware of what went on beyond the Heavens and the world was not completely safe.

His lips quirked into a mildly amused smirk as a look of shock crossed her face. "You might want to close your mouth," he suggested mildly. He rose an eyebrow before shrugging. "Whatever you prefer. I don't exactly have the demeanor of a teacher though."

He eyed the makeshift sword with veiled distaste before offering a thin smile. "After we find the spot. Teaching you everything I know about combat will take more than a singular lesson."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 03:20 AM

She flashed a bright grin at him when he agreed with her. It wasn't often that someone within the Palace agreed with her though on things. Zhi was often thought to be too outspoken, too brash and too active to be a demure lady, supposedly gentle granddaughter of the Empress. She had often gotten her fair share of scoldings, but they all seem to wash off her like water off a duck's back.

At his amused quip at her, she stuck a tongue out at him cheekily, and then laughed. "If you're going to teach me, like it or not you're going to be my teacher. But... I like your name, so I'll just call you Niu Xiang." she grinned impishly, before her face dropped when he gave the look of distaste to her makeshift sword. It was all Zhi had to work with, and she tried very hard to work around the many limits and rules her grandmother had strictly put in place around her. Half the time, she felt either suffocated or tied in place. It was the reason why she often felt the need to escape her guards or Erlang's watchful eye on her, just to have a few moments to herself. While Zhi was not a very private person per say, no one could live under 24 hour surveillance all the time.

"More than one?" a slight hint of excitement creeped into her voice. She gave a firm nod of agreement, and then closed her eyes, focusing her attention on mentally searching the areas she knew of. The gardens of the palace was wide, extensive and encompasses of many elements. From magically made waterfalls to still ponds filled with Koi fishes, bridges arching across bodies of water and hanging trees that all lent the Heavenly Palace it's magical quality. Many paths and hidden alcoves were made available, yet one that offered a spot to look beyond the Heavens was something Zhi had yet to find. Lending her energy to the rolling dark clouds above, she sought a space that seemed to have external view... there!

When her eyes snapped open again, its dark depths brimmed with mild amusement, and she cocked a finger, motioning at Niu Xiang to follow her, before tossing the makeshift sword she had away, and taking off down a smaller path that branched away from the alcove she had been in.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 05:17 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Qiān Niú Xīng made an odd sound in the back of his throat. "I know that," he grumbled, "But there is a difference between being a teacher and seeming like you are one." Absently, he folded his hands, hiding them within his sleeves. "I am not much of the latter." In fact, he did not view himself as much of anything in regards to someone to look up to, be it a mentor, teacher or parent. He was often too quiet and blunt, something which generally turned people off. Unfortunately, the exact opposite seemed to turn people off from his company as well. He could hardly help it that he was not as...whimsical as some of the others within the Heavens were.

His attention snapped away from the sword and to Zhi Er. A frown crossed his face. "Of course. A single lesson would mean I probably know little. That, or I am cruelly expecting you to know too much in a short span of time." He tapped the sword. "You won't really need that though. You should probably know how to defend yourself with you bare hands before you go around swinging a sword."

He watched with muted curiosity as Zhi Er seemed to concentrate. He could sense a thrum of energy- something more elemental, he was quite sure- in the air before she suddenly opened her eyes. Tilting his head, he began to follow her.

KITSIE
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.