Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Toeing the Line, tag: white tiger
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: May 31 2016, 06:13 AM
so old • arian celestial • impulsivity • drifter

Arden should have been asleep hours ago, but he had chosen to forgo sleep in favor of tinkering with the Nova's sound system. One of the speakers had been sounding a little fuzzy lately, and what was the point of barreling through the skies at breakneck speed if he didn't have a blood-pumping song blasting in the background? In actuality, it didn't matter all that much -- the Nova had operated just fine without a sound system for centuries. The fuzzy speaker was more annoying than anything else, and Arden was still getting the hang of incorporating Earth's audio hardware into his more advanced, Arian system. This was one of his more recent projects and, consequently, he had a learning curve to slog through. Most of his previous attempts had ended with him storming out of the Nova and either breaking something or setting it on fire. Now he was so close to getting it right. So fucking close.

It was a stupid project, unimportant to the function of the ship as a whole, but it killed time and kept his mind occupied. That was what Arden needed right now. He wiped away the sweat that was beginning to pool above his eyebrows as he fiddled with the wires under the console, muttering under his breath all the while. As long as he could focus on something, keep his hands moving, it would keep the nightmares at bay. He'd tried sleep once tonight, and it had ended with him waking up in a cold sweat, his heart hammering in his chest. Fuck that. He didn't have any alcohol in stock at the moment, so he'd turned to random projects to fritter away the time and chip at his nervous energy. Exhaustion would reach him at some point and he'd fall into a (hopefully) dreamless sleep. That was what usually ended up happening, at least.

Arden didn't near the motion sensor for a while. By the time he did, whatever was near the ship was now too close for him to take off without detection. Stifling a curse, Arden scrambled to his feet and quickly activated the Nova's camouflage. It was probably just an animal -- what else would be out this late at night in an isolated mountain range? -- but it didn't hurt to be cautious. That, and Arden was too irritable to explain away his ship's existence to a random mortal.

The Nova's camouflage system worked well when it was in the air, but up close it was possible for someone to see through the mirrored plates that coated its hull. It would be best if he investigated what had tripped up the motion sensors -- he wouldn't be able to rest easy otherwise. Sighing irritably, Arden tugged on his shoes and stepped outside. There was a chill in the air tonight. Wind whistled through the mountains and gently tugged at Arden's clothes, but he didn't notice its frosty bite. With fire like his, he rarely had to worry about the cold. His body practically hummed with heat as dark eyes scanned the neighboring trees, looking for a sign of life.

Where are you?

If it was a rabbit or something stupid like that, Arden was going to lose his shit.

tagged: white tiger | notes: who dat
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 12:52 PM
Old • White Tiger • War • China

tag: @SAM
notes: She smells you and your ship
i've got demons to fight
She had grown perhaps...too accustomed to the strangeness that was Yellow's home. The smells were overwhelmingly strange and new - smells she would never...truly become familiar with, nor that she could truly in her own right call home for they had the smell of another's territory, as marked and granted by the Heavenly Emperor. But her own, and that of the others', had been ravaged by the wars of the children of the stars. There was no peace in a ravaged land of the dead, but she had not immediately gone to Yellow's territory despite the gracious offer that had been calling her forth. The dead needed peace, to be protected before they could move on. Slowly, painstakingly slowly she had made her way through cities of the children. Saw to the troubled souls and safeguarded them from the shadows that still lurked there - beings of her mortal enemy, creatures of war. It seemed that even the spirits of the dead were not safe from these Fear monsters that smelt of such wretched decay and madness. Only when....those creatures departed and the souls were allowed to move on did she too allow herself to move on, with not a single look backward, a single regret, a single pang of homesickness. It was simply land, one could move on.

It had been an admitted surprise when she found a child of the Black Tortoise wandering this Earth, a surprise more when he spoke of other survivors. That there were others did stir a rare bout of curiosity in the White Tiger. Although....on this Earth....rarely did she take her true form. There....was hardly peace upon this planet. They did not deserve the grace of the White Tiger. Not of yet. It was likely why she too had not seen Azure.....for in times of peace and prosperity he too would rise. No such sighting. But then....she had not seen any of her siblings, except for Yellow. It would be....worthwhile to find them, in time, perhaps after she had scoured this Earth for their child stars. That....was the intent....but as she allowed herself to search for the smells familiar to her, those that were reminiscent of her siblings, it was the metallic tang and bitterness of her own home that first came to her senses.

A child under her own domain. She had...visited one, a child she could no longer call as such - one whose rage and nature had turned her into something more, something greater. She was on par with a Celestial Deity or perhaps close to it, a being whispered of for her prowess and called by name Mother Nature. This had become her new home, and as a grown being she left the star to her own existence. It was hardly her business to coddle anyone - a child, let alone an adult. She had hoped peace might find her, but it was clear that her nature was far too removed. Still the encounter had been a welcome one. This however....this was still a child, though certainly beyond the age to which the White Tiger remained to care for. All the same perhaps she had....made it a duty of hers to....check up on these children. Certainly if for no other reason than to sate her curiosity. Of this child she was somewhat pleased - the familiar scent brought her to a mountainous region, an isolated place away from others, much like her own nature brought her to be. She crouched down, fingers brushing the faintly grassy, somewhat dry soil as she brought it to her face, sniffing, before she raised her head and sniffed the air, tilting her head, listening carefully. She....drew nearer, the intensity of that...homelike smell grew more and more. But there was another smell - something that was truly metallic, something between home and the strangeness of Yellow's smells. Metal....even the unfamiliar stench of Yellow's metal drew her in.

Byakko drew up to her feet once more, following the lure of her element, the smell of the child she did not know lived until only now. Her fingers brushed against the bark of trees as she walked slowly, slowly, coming to the hum of the metal that sang in her mind. There was an...agitation in the air, an animal sense of anxiety. Her presence was known, she was being observed. She raised her head to the air once more, sniffing, turning towards......

There you are.

Eyes of deep cerulean pierced the darkness. "I know you are there, star child. I mean no ill nor harm, you may be at ease."
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Jun 7 2016, 05:42 PM

There you are.

After what felt like hours of scanning the tree line -- in reality, it had only been a minute or so -- Arden caught a glint of blue shining through the foliage. At first glance, he thought it was an animal. A fucking animal? That's it? Fuck, he was such a pussy getting worked up like that. He hated it. Arden clenched his fists, the pain of his nails digging into his palm providing a welcome distraction. He'd scare the thing away with some fire, and then go back to work. He didn't need some goddamn animal sniffing around his --

Arden's heart catapulted into his throat as the animal suddenly spoke. Fuck, that definitely wasn't an animal. It was a woman.

And she knew what he was.

His breath hitched in his throat, and he fought the urge to light up the night with his flames then and there. How did she know? How did she fucking know? Sure, him being out in the middle of nowhere was a little suspicious, but it wasn't like he had the word "alien" tattooed on his forehead. Could she see the Nova? She was camouflaged right now, but it didn't work so well when you were standing right next to her. Arden resisted the urge to look over his shoulder and check for himself. Keep your eyes on the random lady in the woods, boy.

"Who the hell are you?" he snarled, the wariness he felt overpowered by the bite in his voice. And what the fuck are you doing in the mountains in the middle of the night? He kept that question to himself, however, as he stared at the stranger with eyes so fiery they could melt steel. Speaking of fire -- there was no sense in hiding what he was if the woman already knew.

Fire burst from his palm, flickering wildly in his hand as he held it up like a torch. He could see the culprit better now -- he was right in assuming that it had been a woman who had spoke. "You've got five seconds to tell me who you are and what the fuck you want before I make you piss off."

The flames in Arden's palm sparked as he spoke, as if to affirm his thinly veiled threat.

tagged: white tiger | notes: what a welcoming person
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 08:49 PM

notes: So that is def not how you talk to people
i've got demons to fight
Agitation boiled in his blood...turned it to an angry fire that simmered with the passions of her sister, rather than the level calm of herself. But....that was hardly for her to judge; after all it was rare for one's children to....take in all ways after their parents, even in herself this was true, her offspring were much more....chaotic and involved creatures than she. A short sniff told her that beyond agitation there was anxiety....perhaps a degree of fear of her? Though precisely why she was not sure. It was however true that she had appeared in an....uncalled for manner; Earthers were cautious creatures, and those of the star children that had lived began to exhibit those characteristics. She had to bear this in mind....more closely.

She drew forward, out of hiding, cobalt piercing gaze upon the child of metal. "I told you to ease yourself, I have no quarrel with you." she began slowly, the faint breeze catching dark locks of hair. "I come from the stars as you do. As for my name I choose to be called Byakko, though you may know me by the other, by the White Tiger." The stories were known throughout the stars, though for he, one of her children, the story of the White Tiger would be better known. Though how much he remembered of it, or listened to it, was unknown; he was no creature of peace, so the morals of the stories were unheeded, that much she was certain of.

As flames roared to life in the palm of her child's hand, she stepped backward, smoothly drawing her own blade - though she made no offensive moves of yet. "There is no need of your fire nor violence. Do not be rash. I smelled a child under my stars and wished to investigate." Her eyes perceived in this one a great many lines of flaw....a great many deaths which he could face. But not all were permanent flaws, if he could but....temper his fire and learn patience. She did not look away from him, did not physically shift, but to tilt her head just slightly. "Does this response satisfy?"
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Jun 19 2016, 06:38 AM

Arden almost bit his tongue as he attempted to stifle an immediate retort to the woman's words. Like hell he'd ease himself.

Don't fucking tell me what to do.

The impulse was juvenile and immature, but then again, he'd never been considered a terribly levelheaded person to begin with.

He did, however, maybe, possibly consider easing himself a little when the weird lady told him where she came from.

She was like him. And, strangely enough, he found himself believing her.

Arden's fire weakened in his hand, sputtering into submission, though it didn't go out completely. It was dark out, and the flames aided his vision. Its warmth grounded him, dragged him back to reality while his mind threatened to spin out of control.

She'd called herself the White Tiger. Memories, faint but not completely forgotten, tugged at his mind. His mother had told him stories of the White Tiger, a celestial deity that presided over the Arians and protected them in times of peace -- or something like that. A children's fable, and nothing more. This couldn't be that White Tiger. Because the White Tiger was...

"Aren't you supposed to be a dude?" Arden huffed, a mask of skepticism quickly replacing the shock on his face. That skepticism only increased when Tiger Lady drew her sword. It seemed like a defensive maneuver, but he wasn't about to take any fucking chances. A snarl twisted Arden's features as his flame roared back to life in his hand, crackling aggressively in the night.

"I ain't your fucking child, lady -- tiger, whatever you are. I am Arden Aries, son of Alastair Aries and surviving heir of the Arian civilization. I come from the first of the Zodiacs, not from some fucking big cat in the sky!" It felt so strange, announcing what he was after so long. Still, Arden couldn't ignore the pride that swelled in his chest, the way his title made him stand just a bit taller.

"You say you're the White Tiger?" he scoffed, his gaze darkening, voice practically dripping with condescension. "Prove it."

tagged: white tiger | notes: arden no
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 12:56 PM

notes: I'll take your condescension and raise you some more
i've got demons to fight
There was nothing of the White Tiger's peace residing in the heart of this child. He was a creature of chaos...internal chaos, conflict, her very opposition. Though, it was never to be said that any of the stars beneath her were like her. She would never call two creatures like minded - for to do so was against the very fabric of nature, for nature itself was chaotic; two individuals could not be "like" minded, for they differed on unseen levels. The similar association that children gave to one another was but a surface comfort, ultimately they would never be the same unless by a change in the world's design, a change to uniformity. She did not hold chaos against this child, they all were expected to be in chaos.

Yet she saw his mind begin to turn in thought, questions pricking at him....yet the first one to come to his lips - well perhaps that was to be expected. He lived with the tales of the Tiger, the King of Beasts. A king, by definition, was the male ruler often of a patriarch, the male leader. That was a King, though...she used a different definition, one that was not so literal. She did not move, bat an eye, at the flame that crackled, turning cerulean towards the child with a neutral unreadable disposition. "The White Tiger is called the King of Beasts and a symbol of power. Power and strength come not from the shape of one's body but the shape of the mind and the function within the world. I am not bound by my sex. I am bound by strength. This is the body of a King of Beasts as any other." Perhaps she had said it in too man words. He did not appear to be the...intellectual sort nor the patient, it was unlikely he listened through it all.

There was a swell of fierceness as he declared his name - openly, quite willingly, to her mild surprise. He spoke name and title - Arden Aries, of the Arian - perhaps were she permitted closer, she could find his father within his scent. She had gone to them as she had gone to the others, warning of impending death - that it would be wiser for them to maintain peace, not to fight alongside the Lunanoffs in the great war. They had not listened. But that their son had survived....perhaps if he were to find peace in time, she could appear to him in the proper way. But that....seemed a feeble possibility. He spoke in a poisonous tongue, begging that she....prove her identity. She raised her head higher and allowed the gentle breeze to caress her hair, her own eyes looking upon him much as one looked upon an ill tempered child.

"The stars within my territory are my children not by blood but in the nature that they are part of my world." she corrected him first and foremost...it would not do that he considered her strange for using the 'wrong' term in his mind. However, then, there was a faint glint in her eyes and she lowered her gaze. "You beg proof of me but I will not change for you. You are not worthy of me, with your conflict." But....there was another way to prove herself. She reached with her blade....not towards the Prince of the dead, but to the side, beckoning outward. The King of Beasts calls to you, children of the Yellow Dragon.

A flurry of wings, the chittering of night-beasts, howls and yips.....it was not a command but a request, she could not, after all command them without direct eye contact, but the beasts knew their Kings, and when the King of Kings descended they were far wiser to listen. It was not a threat, but the beasts drew nearer, creating a circle with wide berth that surrounded the both of them - certainly they were not so foolish as to draw near enough to be burned. She looked toward Arden, eyes glinting like the wild of an animal's. "They respond to the King of Beasts. This is your 'proof'." With another swipe of her arm they dispersed again, and she regarded the man before her curiously. "Is this sufficient, son of Alastair?"

@SAM
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 04:12 AM

Oye, this lady was big on exposition, wasn't she? Arden had to resist rolling his eyes at her somewhat lengthy explanation on gender. This world was fascinated enough with gender identities and roles as it was -- he didn't need one from his own world giving him the same tired speech. Though, if he wanted to be fair, this was an entirely different situation. The thing was, Arden had never been keen on being fair. Not when this woman's talk made him want to pluck his own eyes out with a socket wrench.

"Okay okay, whatever. Enough with the semantics," he grumbled, waving his hand dismissively. Goddamn, just call she could just call herself the Queen of the Beasts or something. Pick a sex and be done with it. He didn't care, to be honest. He didn't care what she was.

He cared about what she had done. Or in this case, what she hadn't done.

She called herself the ruler of the stars. Said she had some sort of domain and, just because the Arian system happened to live within it, they were apart of her or some shit. Fuck that noise. Her authority over him was worth jack shit. And she said he wasn't worthy? Well then fuck her, too.

Arden grit his teeth, the flames in his hand reflecting in his eyes. "Well excuse me for not bowing at your feet, bitch. I --" His words with cut off with a stifled gasp as her sword extended to the side... and the woods came alive. Creatures suddenly emerged from the undergrowth, surrounding him and the White Tiger in a wide ring of feathers and fur.

"The fuck is this?" Arden sputtered, his flames flickering wildly as he spun around, taking in the chittering cries, the yowls and yips of the wildlife. Wariness, and just a touch of awe, sank into his bones. Maybe this lady wasn't as full of shit as he'd thought.

And, just like that, the creatures were gone. They melted back into the night, responding to the command of their King. Or Queen, in this case? Whatever. "Fine. So you're the White Tiger," Arden muttered begrudgingly, turning to face the woman with an unreadable expression in his dark eyes.

"So answer me this, Tiger." His gaze darkened in anticipation of what he was about to ask. Though his body was still, it practically thrummed with tension. "Just where the fuck were you when our entire civilization was burned to ash?"

tagged: @WHITE TIGER | notes: that's his serious face
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 04:12 PM

notes: Meet srsTiger
i've got demons to fight
The eyes of the White Tiger were...keener than most, able to perceive death in many forms, visibly seen as flaws upon that which was to die. And presently, she observed a rather large and exploitable flaw which adorned the child under her stars, one which - through no intention - she appeared to be executing. It was not her intention to kill his patience, yet she watched fragments fall about him as cracks appeared in the lines of death. His was more fragile than most, exploited by the smallest of things even without purpose. Though, she had not been the first to strike his patience; it did appear that the flaw had already been severely gauged from its full state. It had begun to heal, but....his encounter with her only cracked it further, shattered it more. This one would need to learn to strengthen its heart, his was fragile and weak.

She said nothing as she simply watched him, observing as his agitation only seemed to....grow. The use of Terran slurs further indicated his distaste at the situation, though precisely why she was not certain. He acted as a petulant child, one who perhaps had not properly grown up despite his many years. He spoke such childish words; she had not, at any point, asked that he bow - the words were meant as insult, though the barbs were not met with response. He did at least, however, appear to...understand the situation when her subjects crowded around them. He was wholly unworthy of viewing the White Tiger as she was, but the prowess of the King of Beasts was assuredly his to behold now, in all its awesome power.

Fear trembled through his body as evidenced by the flames, the hitch in his voice, the sudden wariness about him. She could smell it along with something else....an acknowledgement of a sort that perhaps what was spoken to him was in honesty. Yet it seemed.....he entirely missed the point. Perhaps it was simply that the tales were very old, that he did not recall them well. Yet it made....his next words more difficult to answer without further killing his patience. She did her best however to...avoid his flaws, lowering her eyes with a growl.

"I take the appearance of a human for more reasons than to avoid drawing attention." she began coolly, sniffing the air. "There is no peace in this place...and as such it is not a place upon which the White Tiger may set paws. My offspring perhaps who belong to the Earth as much as the stars can tread upon wartorn lands with no concerns but I am bound to peace." Cobalt, searing like fire, caught the gaze of the petulant cub now, judging and dark. "I warned your peoples. I told them I could see their flaws, could see the death that would come. Yet they chose to ignore me and heeded the call to arms instead. When war touched the lands of your forefathers I was no longer welcome. I left to observe at a distance." She tilted her head. "Do you think me a coward?"

@SAM
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 06:09 AM

The flames lapped gently at Arden's palm, an almost welcome distraction from the rage that boiled in his gut. He didn't like the shit this tiger bitch was spouting. Not one fucking bit. It didn't make a lick of sense, for one. The White Tiger couldn't show itself in a land that wasn't peaceful? It just ducked the fuck out whenever there was war or conflict?

That was a load of goat shit. Class A Capricorn goat shit.

Weren't tigers predators or something? Predators killed, maimed, clawed at their prey. Fuck, predators at least protect their young from enemies and shit. And the dumb Tiger was saying that she ran away when things got ugly? What about all that crap about the Arians being her children? What sort of deity did that to her kids? It was fucked up.

He was sick of things being fucked up.

That look in her eyes... Arden knew it well. She was judging him. A sneer crept across his face, distorting his features into an angry snarl. That bitch didn't have the right to judge him. She especially didn't have the right to judge his people.

"You shut the fuck up."

The words were spoken coldly, dangerously. The flame in Arden's palm flared, searingly bright with heat. "The war wasn't our idea. It was the fucking Lunanoffs. You wanna talk shit about somebody, do it to them." It was an effort to keep his breathing level. He could feel himself getting worked up, losing control -- and part of him didn't want to stop the impending meltdown.

His eyes burned with hatred at her words, undisguised and unabashed. "You're no fucking protector, that's for sure," he seethed, a growl rumbling in the back of his throat. "What kind of guardian leaves her 'children' to die, huh? That's fucked up, and don't you dare say it's not!"

The fire was raging, spreading towards his wrist and forearm. "You could have done something! Anything! But you didn't, did you? You left us to rot and didn't do jack shit! You called us a lost cause and left us to rot in a fucking hole! That is so fucked up!"

With a roar, Arden hurtled his flame to the ground, gaining a sick satisfaction from watching it lick at the grass until it shriveled and curled in on itself. His breathing came in sharp, ragged gasps as he glared at the White Tiger through the flames, fighting to keep himself from burning the entire clearing to a crisp.

He wished it was her face he was burning. But, as loose of a cannon as he was, even he had the sense to hold himself back. For now.

tagged: @WHITE TIGER | notes: kaboom
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 06:39 PM

notes: CHILL OUT JAYZUS
i've got demons to fight
This cub...this cub had not grown in his time away from his land. Or rather, he had not grown up. Years were added to him and he was made weary and worn, but he certainly did not mature to the ways of the worlds, old or new. There was such anger and dissatisfaction - towards her, no doubt, but also towards those that brought the war upon his people in the first place. Byakko tilted her head up, peering from on high upon the child who had at this point...entered a tantrum. His yowling for her to be silent was just the beginning.

Shifting the blame to the Lunanoffs however did not impress her in the slightest. She closed her eyes, giving the slightest shake of her head. She did not speak yet however - his patience was cracking and fading; if she spoke incorrectly now, he would burst. While she did hope to correct his ignorance, she certainly had no desire to make an enemy of a cub. A second strike came, this time more directly towards her as a mother. It was clear that this cub was not familiar with the nature of tigers and rearing children. Her cerulean gaze slipped to the flames for a moment, watching them dance in rage. If he continued to boil this way, he would by nature drive her away. She could not coexist with chaos and war. For the moment she allowed him to simply burn, the heat raising over to her. Fire was - ironically - her own enemy, that which melted metal and made her thus vulnerable. But, she maintained her calm in his presence. While enraged, she doubted that he would aim to harm her with that fire.

The fire surged, and he threw it to the grasses below, killing the unprovoking plantlife seemingly to sate his own anger. Perhaps, then, he would do her ill if provoked enough, if he was so easily able to take the lives of those that had done him no wrong. Now, he was waiting for her to speak. Byakko stood taller than before, staring through the fire, red and orange against otherworldly blue hues. ”The Lunanoffs instigated the campaign. However, it was your people who agreed to an invitation to war. Agreed, despite my urging that you, and those other houses within my domain, stay out of it. Do not shift the blame as you please; war was the choice of Aries. It did not turn out desirably. Even if you had emerged the victor, I would still have kept distance. War and peace cannot coexist. If I cannot preclude it, then I must avoid war.” Though war and battle were different concepts entirely. Whether or not the cub understood, she was not so sure.

”As the matter of a mother’s children, you are incorrect. A tiger does not coddle her cubs nor does she raise them to adulthood; they are reared until they are able to function of their own accord and from there, her cubs must live for themselves. I am not a nurturer. Do not confuse the two. As for what I ‘could have’ done...you fail to listen to my words. I have told you, twice now. I spoke with your families, those in charge and urged them to stay away from war. It was their choice to disobey. That was all I could do for you. If I were to step into the throes of war as they consumed Aries, then war would corrupt peace. The White Tiger could never walk as the peaceful protector; do you understand? That I should step into war...is to throw a candle into a shadow. It will flicker and burn for all that it can, but eventually the darkness will take it.”

She stepped forward, closer to him, looking from the cub to the fire. ”I would become not the White Tiger of Peace, but the White Tiger of War. Look at what war has done to you, who lays waste to grass for the sake of his temper. Things that once lived are now dead under your anger. If that is the effect war has upon your soul, what can you imagine it might do to a Celestial Beast?” She gave him a moment, then, to ponder what such a creature would become when war took root in her soul.

@SAM
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Nov 7 2016, 06:20 AM

Releasing his flames had felt good — if anything, it had eased the swirl of emotions gnawing at his gut. Arden swallowed, his throat sore from yelling. Not hoarse, just irritated. The fire could be contributing to the dryness in his mouth. He supposed it didn’t matter, though.

Because he’d rather have his throat stripped raw than suffer through another minute of this conversation. Because, as much as it burned at him to admit it, parts of what the bitch was saying made sense. He just didn’t want to fucking admit it.

It had been his father’s decision to support the Lunanoffs, yes, along with the rest of the Arian council. But still… ”My father wasn’t a bad person,” Arden spat, though the venom in his voice was less potent than before. ”He thought he was making the right decision. I won’t have you shitting on his grave just because his choice led to war.”

A war that had ultimately failed. A war that had led to the rise of one of the darkest beings in the galaxy. A war that had stripped him of everything and everyone.

Shut up. Just shut the fuck up.

She was getting into semantics now, talking about the difference between nurturing and protecting and yada yada yada he didn’t give a shit anymore. ”Whatever,” Arden huffed under his breath, unable to keep himself from rolling his eyes. He wasn’t a tiger cub, he was an Arian. But he was too tired to argue about the little stuff anymore.

She was getting to him. And fuck if that stung more than anything else.

Arden would probably never see eye to eye with the White Tiger — he saw that now. If he had the power of a Celestial Beast, he wouldn’t use it to preach caution and sit on his ass. He’d never been that type of person. But at this point, he could sort of… almost… see where she was coming from. She’d tried to help them, in her own way, even if that help ended up being worth jack shit. He couldn’t fault her for that, at least.

For a tiger god, though, she still seemed like a bit of a pansy ass.

Arden quirked a brow, his gaze drifting down to the singed earth at his feet. ”It’s fucking grass, lady,” he snorted. ”Besides, don’t you know that a little fire is good for forests? Sometimes shit’s gotta burn so it can grow back stronger.”

He paused, then sighed irritably before extending a hand to leech the flames from the ground. The fire peeled away from the grass, leaving smoke and charred earth in its wake, before curling up in Arden’s hand and winking from sight. He blinked, giving his eyes a moment or two to adjust to the sudden darkness, before crossing his arms and frowning at the woman before him.

”Look, I didn’t ask to be the sole survivor of a mass genocide, but here I fucking am. I’m tired, it’s the middle of the goddamn night. I don’t know why you’re here, but if you’re just gonna continue to shit on who I am as a person and bring up memories I have spent centuries trying to bury, then I suggest you do it somewhere else,” Arden growled, his voice layered with a bitterness, a weariness, that felt almost ancient.

tagged: @WHITE TIGER | notes: time to wrap up this disaster maybe?
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Nov 10 2016, 09:55 PM

notes: CHILL OUT JAYZUS
i've got demons to fight
The anger was burning away common sense in this foolish cub to a dangerous degree. No…..that was hardly accurate. He had been consumed by it in full; that anger was something that had burned bright long before she even happened upon his scent. Whatever had killed his patience had done so long before her arrival. The question however was whether or not the peace of the White Tiger could….restore it, to any degree. Regardless she was faced with a difficult cub; this one was not reasonable, and would perhaps require a nip at the heels to push him into proper motion.

The Tiger of the West Stars was however nonplussed by his responses to her. Such vulgar assumptions barked at her that were he not a cub of the White Tiger’s stars she may very well have slain his confidence in that moment. But she was a creature of composure - a stark contrast to this unruly cub - and looked down upon him with dismissive eyes. ”I made no gesture so vulgar towards your family. Your father and mother, your grandfather, were all stars beneath my skies; my intentions towards him and towards the others would never defile his name. I gave due warning to all houses beneath my stars; the choice to go to war was a responsibility held upon their shoulders. To remove it and place blame upon me in his stead is to dishonour your father’s glory, is it not?”

Perhaps a snap at his ties would do.

It did appear however that at minimum, he understood - that he realized the truth in her words. Perhaps he did not wish to - but there was a certain air of acknowledgement, if begrudging, about him for a short while; at least until he chose to address her again. She tolerated his tone before, but it began to make her irate; this was not the way a cub addressed the White Tiger of the West. There was a degree of tolerance she held for children, as they were simply cubs, those who could not hold the same control that she had within herself; yet he had gone on long enough, this cub who survived and had been brought to the Yellow Dragon’s Earth was an ungrateful, snarling little thing. There was a time in which his feelings would be warranted, but now, he had far run his course; to be bitter still over a massacre that had ended so long ago was to truly be immature, unwilling to move on.

However, even if his phrasing had been literal, there was a….certain irony in his next words. Sometimes…..to burn was necessary, to allow more to grow. It was such a bleak irony that he did not recognize - that his own words now spoke of his very people. The White Tiger raised her chin, eyeing him with dark blue judgement. ”Consider those words you just spoke.” Her own voice was low, deadpan, but it commanded authority. ”Could it not be applied to your very constellations?” …..He would despise even the notion of it - she knew that. However he was a cub who needed to be nipped, his pride shoved down his throat. He growled with such ferocity but, ultimately, was a mere cub by comparison. His own words acknowledged a truth he refused to - she merely made to enlighten him as such.

Such an irritable, self-important cub….

He cried with such a vibrant spark to his words. But they were nothing to her, little idle whinings of a cub who had lost focus entirely. He did not know what he fought for, and turned the anger both outward and inward; outward at his lack of direction, outward towards those that caused the derailment of his life, and inward towards himself for…...no, she did not presume knowledge of a flawed mind. She once more raised her chin to him, peering superiorly - for she was superior - at the indignant youth before her. ”You claim yourself the only. You are far from correct. I smell the presences of others. You are not the first I have visited, cub. Bury your self-pity and move forward; you are not as alone as you lead yourself to believe.” She gave a huff of her own, closing her eyes. ”And that you are here in the middle of the night is faulted only to yourself. To why I am here,” Her eyes, once more, opened. ”I have said it, that you are not as alone as you may believe, cub. I come with the locations of two, and give you a choice. You may remain and wallow as you are in your beliefs of isolation or you may go to them and confirm for yourself.”

@SAM
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Jan 13 2017, 12:34 AM

we're screaming like demons
swinging from the ceiling
She went there. The bitch had fucking went there.

He could keep it together when she deigned to talk about his family. When she dared to suggest that his anger at their deaths meant that he was dishonoring their memory. He could stand there, fists clenched, his body rigid with anger, as she flouted her superiority as some stupid fucking cat in the sky over his head. Like he would even give a shit about that, nursery rhymes be damned.

”Consider those words you just spoke.”

Shut up.

The grass burning. Fire. Death.

”Could it not be applied to your very own constellations?”

SHUT UP.

A sea of corpses. Buildings crumbling, decimated landscapes. The stench of death burning in his nostrils. His planet burning. Everything burning. Shit shit shit —

The images were crowding his mind, forcing their way back to reality. Like a taut wire, he snapped.

”Shut up!” Arden roared. Fire sprang to life on his arms, flickering, volatile, angry. His body practically seethed with hatred, and a hurt so deep he would do anything to burn it out of his chest. ”How fucking dare you compare grass to an entire planet of people! Grass doesn’t have a brain, or a heart. It can’t feel shit like people can. So you can turn your nose up at me and spout your philosophical bullshit all you want, bitch. But if you don’t shove the fuck off in the next five seconds, I’m going to make you wish you had. I don’t fucking care if you’re a god.” He was going to make her bleed, even if she broke his bones in retaliation. He was going to make her hurt.

And then, she said something that changed everything.

Arden’s flames, which had moments ago been flaring with vitriol, suddenly sputtered uncertainly. For the first time, the Tiger was saying something that held his interest.

She was talking about survivors. And the first thought Arden had was that she was lying.

She had to be. He’d been alone for so long, had traveled the Earth for so long. Surely by now he would have found someone, anyone. And for her to say that she knew two…

”I… what?” Arden gasped, his voice barely above a whisper. His hatred was still there, boiling beneath his skin like a virus, but it had become muted by shock and disbelief. If what she was saying was true…

He had to know.

”Arians? Or other Celestials?” His voice was still edged with doubt, but it definitely held less venom than before. He had nothing to lose, after all, and everything to gain. If she was telling the truth, then he had the opportunity to meet members of a civilization that he’d long thought was dead and buried. He had the chance to not be alone anymore.

If she was lying, however, then he wouldn’t rest until he found her and burned her heart out himself.

+ tag WHITE TIGER
+ notes ugh okay fine i guess i’ll listen to you
BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Jan 17 2017, 12:19 PM

notes: SHE WAS READY TO CUT HIM
i've got demons to fight
Fire was such an....emotional element. It flickered in and out, burned hotly and was snuffed just as quickly - it was quick to change, quick to become enraged and quick to die away. The White Tiger had never been fond of it; fire and metal operated powerfully together, but it still singed her nostrils in a way she did not like. The children of fire were as ill tempered as their mother flame, and even though these fiery stars were her own children in a way they were always far too impassioned for her liking. Such children they could be. Truly, immature children. Even now this one was roaring - burning with a wildness that was hardly warranted. Shut up. Words of indignant little ones. He hissed at her like a little nuisance; such a child had no right to silence her. She would not be told by this infant.

His explosion of anger was expected, but all the same she found it a disappointment. Her face remained neutral but her eyes bored into him with a disappointment he could likely feel in the daggerlike pointedness with which she regarded him. He spat insults and rage, bile in her eyes, and she herself simply waited. She waited for that first strike. She waited for him to move, to strike her - for that would be the point at which she would strike back. To attack her, to attack a God? Such an act was to warrant her own retaliation. Byakko would not initiate a fight - as a creature who reigned within peace, she would not initiate a conflict. But were it brought to her…

As peace, it was only natural she should end it.

Let the cub strike her. She would not bow out, nor would she allow him to leave without proving her nature as a Goddess. He wished to know her prowess? He would feel it in his bones. The flaws that tore across his body….she would rend them with her claws. If he dared to strike her….

But then the fire - as it often did - spluttered with a shift in emotion. How quick to change you are, cub. It was all hinged upon a word, a single phrase, and suddenly the fire was uncertain. What children fire stars were….

He sounded lost, like an infant, small and alone. And it was that uncertain sense of great concern and worry that drove the tiger to respond. After all, even though this cub was an indignant fool, a cub he still was - young, uncertain, in a strange world. Like an animal he felt cornered, and snapped at everything. Byakko let out a low growl in the back of her throat, lowering her head and raising it in a short, and slow, nod. He spoke again, then, words filled with….hope. To the former she could not indulge him. But the latter…

”I have not discovered the scent of an Arian but for your own,” she admitted, and there was - for a briefest moment - a softly somber tone to her voice. ”But a Gemini and Aquarian I have encountered.” The Aquarian was...natively of Leo, but Niulang had been borne in the constellation of Aquarius - he was, himself, of their land. Byakko raised her head, looking over the cub once more. ”You are not as alone as you have led yourself to believe.”

@SAM
PMEmail
^
ARDEN ARIES
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 06:59 AM

we're screaming like demons
swinging from the ceiling
Stop looking at me like that. Stop fucking looking at me like that.

He couldn’t stand it, looking into those eyes — those brilliant blue eyes that sparkled with a disappointment sharp enough to cleave bone. He’d rather she be angry, that she fight back, do something other than stare at him like he was a child who’d been caught with his hand in a cookie jar. He hated the way she looked at him… and he didn’t know why.

I didn’t do anything. I didn’t ask for any of this.

That was a lie. Arden knew that he’d been goading the Tiger on — some of it was instinctual, a fierce desire to avoid revisiting old memories, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t at least partially aware of what he was doing. Honestly, he was just looking for an excuse to fight. Fighting was easy. Physical pain, the spike of adrenaline during a battle, the heat of his flames as he burned the flesh of his enemies… those were old comforts. They were a distraction from the real pain, the kind that made him feel like his insides had been hollowed out with a spoon. But this…

She wasn’t his fucking mother. She was a pretentious cat in the sky whose claws needed to be trimmed. But, before Arden could threaten to do so, she said something that sent his flames sputtering.

”You are not as alone as you lead yourself to believe.”

He tensed at her growl of affirmation, his fists trembling with repressed emotion. He’d searched for centuries, for centuries upon centuries. He’d thought that there wasn’t the minutest possibility of another Celestial having survived — not only survived, but having taken to Earth as their new home. And then there was this bitch, saying that he was wrong. Please. How could he be wrong?

…He desperately wanted to be wrong.

Despite himself, Arden bit back his disappointment when the Tiger admitted that he was the only Arian he’d seen. It wasn’t like he’d been expecting any other answer, but the words still stung nonetheless. ”I see,” he rasped, his throat inexplicably tight. He swallowed dryly and averted his eyes, glaring at a random tree as if it were to blame for the loss of his people. Stupid fucking tree.

But still… an Aquarian and a Gemini. That was something. It was more of a something than he’d ever hoped he’d receive. At least they aren’t Capricorns, Arden thought as he squared his shoulders, forcing himself to look the Tiger in the eye again. Capricorns were the fucking worst.

”Would you…” Shit, this was the worst. He’d rather the stupid Tiger flay him now.

Swallow your fucking pride, Arden. Do it.

Growling in frustration, Arden took a deep breath, forced his pride into a deep, dark corner, and spat out in as civil a tone as he could manage, ”You wouldn’t happen to know where I can find them… would you?”

Ugh. His skin was practically crawling with dissatisfaction. He hated this, hated asking for help from a woman whose hair he’d wanted to set on fire a near two minutes ago. But the need to know of these other Celestials — to see for himself — was too great for him to ignore.

+ tag WHITE TIGER
+ notes good boy, arden. wanna wrap this up with your next post, maybe?
BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.