Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A Difficult Discussion, Caspian
✧ CASPIAN CANCRI
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 09:32 AM
N/A • Celestial (Cancerian) • Loyalty • New Zealand

Why wasn't this helping, why couldn't she understand he didn't want to go..... but she was slowly eliminating any and all excuses he was trying to provide. There was nothing that was gonna continue to stop her unless he....unless he wanted to outright reject her.

Which he could.

But he didn't want to piss her off- he pissed off so many others.... at this rate he was going to be alone. He probably deserved it but he ought to try- but he was still scared.

Caspian knew he had to trust her.... even if it was hard....even if every instinct was telling him to not... If he didn't he risked losing her- and her patience was already wearing thin and let's be honest- Emily Jane was not one for patience.

He exhaled trying to figure out what to do- what to say.....anything.... averting his eyes down to the ground, Caspian glanced briefly at Emily Jane before looking away once more.

"Just....promise me....you'll let me leave when I want to. I know it sounds strange...but I just... I need that reassurance. If I get that, I'll go..." he said quietly.

MOTHER NATURE
PMAIM
^
✧ MOTHER NATURE
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 04:09 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Now it was Emily's turn to hesitate, but only for a moment. She needed answers but she wasn't going to keep him anywhere against his will. She only did stuff like that when she absolutely had to. And she trusted Caspian. She was sure he would understand her interest about what she needed to know. Especially if she explained the arrangement she had with her father. She had a feeling that he would ask about that with how stubborn he'd been already.

"Of course." She nodded. She would make the arrangements as soon as they were on their way. He wouldn't have to worry about getting home if he chose to leave. Hopefully he'd at least stay long enough to enjoy it.

With that settled, she turned and started towards the trees once again. This time though, she looked back every few seconds to make sure he was in fact following her this time. They'd spent enough time on this. She had made sure to clear time in her schedule for him but it was only a matter of time before something popped up.

ALIVI
PM
^
✧ CASPIAN CANCRI
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 11:06 AM
N/A • Celestial (Cancerian) • Loyalty • New Zealand

At Emily Jane's reassurance, Caspian relaxed ever so slightly. He had to remind himself, he could trust her. He could trust Emily Jane- he trusted her before, he could trust her again.

And trust her he would.

True to his word as soon as she gave him her confirmation, he followed her. He noticed she would occasionally glance behind her- as if reassuring herself that he was indeed following. He gave a hesitant smile hopefully one that would put her at ease.

What was waiting for him.... only one way to find out.

MOTHER NATURE
PMAIM
^
✧ MOTHER NATURE
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 01:42 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Emily made a beeline for the closest group of trees. It was nothing large, only a handful of trees clustered together. Logically, it shouldn't have gone anywhere other than where they were right now. But the moment Emily Jane stepped foot between the trunks, it opened up to a completely different forest. And as soon as Caspian set foot in it behind her, it closed up.

This part of the forest wasn't lush or green or beautiful in the same way the rest of it was. She would allow him to travel through her forest but only through the outer edge of it. Here, the tree grew tall and dark and the branches swayed of their own accord. Little light made it through the thick canopy, making everything dark and dusty save for a few spots where it broke through. An ever present mist rolled through the trees so it was hard to see very far. Around their feet, water flowed through the ground without ever mixing with it. If Caspian didn't pay attention and accidentally stepped into one of these streams, he'd find that they didn't seem to have a bottom.

In Emily's mind, this part of her forest was just as pretty as the rest. Not every ecosystem was bright and colorful. Just because the light didn't make it to the forest floor here didn't make it any less than anywhere else. However, she was also very well aware of how eerie this place could be. It was the very reason she used it to keep unwanted travelers from accessing the rest of her forest. Still, since she was here, there wasn't near as much hostility as their normally was. Hopefully Caspian didn't mind the creepy air to her forest for the short time they passed through it.

The trees reached out to her with their branches as she passed, leafs occasionally grazing her. The crows that lived in this part of the forest soon found her and perched in some of the few still branches. They cawed in greeting but watched Caspian with a very suspicious eye. She thought she saw the wolf pack somewhere out in the mist but if they were there, their chose to keep their distance this time.

Emily led them through the forest for a few minutes. She never changed direction or had to move around a tree, it was as though they moved for her. Eventually, they stepped out of the forest to their true destination.

Where they stepped out could hardly be called a forest and the plants that grew there were only barely trees. They were the final evergreens that tried to grow further into the cold than all the others. Before them, there was nothing but seemingly endless fields of white and the dark sky. Overhead, ribbons of green and blue snaked through the sky. It was a place untouched by anything human, the cold keeping them far from exploring this place. In the distance, a white head lazily rose from the snow, her black nose being the only thing that gave her away. Two more smaller heads popped out of the fluff as well, watching the newcomers in complete curiosity.

ALIVI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.