Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

strength of a great typhoon, tag: niulang
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 05:58 AM
Very Old • Celestial Human • Balance • Aquarius Constellation

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

It was probably ironic that Niulang had come upon the very day that his life story was to be read. As he had come to learn, each version was a bit different. Some portrayed Zhi Liu as the daughter of the Heavenly Empress and others as her granddaughter. The differences did not stop there, often telling completely different stories. Overall, the tale was nice no matter what culture it was coming from despite the many flaws. As far as he was concerned, the actual story of Jingnyeo and Gyeonu was that of two celestials named Niulang and Zhi Liu who had been torn apart due to prejudice.

He could hardly realize that the tales humans told were actually far more close to the truth than anything he believed.

The time passed by quietly, though the heaviness in his heart did not leave. As the children began to file out, Zhi Liu seemed to turn her attention to him. Tilting his head, he rose. A small frown came to his face as he noticed the way her smile seemed to almost quiver, as if she might be struggling to keep it in place. Perhaps...his first belief of her not recalling anything had been wrong? If that was true, it rose more questions than answers.

"No," he said honestly, "It is one of my favorite stories, in fact. Reminds me a bit of the past." It was probably the closest he would get to admitting the truth of his past within this moment. After all, admitting the entirety right now seemed like such a wrong thing to do. He just hoped that he would not have to openly lie to her. Lying had never sit well with him and he would hate to do it to her of all people.

A silence briefly filled the room until she spoke up again. "Probably not for a few days. It depends upon what my instructor has planned." He frowned slightly, the tiniest bit of disapproval leaking through. "He sleeps a lot. Makes you wonder how he managed to learn to use a sword with all those naps he insists upon taking."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 08:15 AM
ancient • celestial deity • protection • N/A

tag: MOMO
Notes: Meeeep
swift as the coursing river
Of course, not all folklore she read was a true story. She had spent long enough on Earth to realize, that humans and mortals tended to spin their own take on things after awhile, and the stories differed from people and regions. She's read a story that started off the same, but had three different endings in three different countries, so Zhi wasn't too perplexed by a fictional tale... but that didn't mean she wasn't curious of its origins.

The girl raised her brows when he admitted to it being one of his favorites, and a glimmer of surprise shone in her eyes. "Of the past? You... How does it reflect the past?" She almost said your past. Why did her heart jump when she almost thought that this was his story he seemed to imply? The longer she spent with him, the more her throat tightened each time he spoke, and she found her gaze lingering on his features longer and longer. A faint thud was starting at the back of her head, as if her mind was trying to tell her something it wasn't able to fully tell, struggling for its voice to be heard.

His wry comment and mild disapproval made a soft laugh escape Zhi's lips, amusement replacing the perplexed confusion that had previously taken residence in her eyes. "Your instructor? Do you do martial arts or something?" she asked, beginning to head towards the door to grab her coat. She hadn't much planned for the rest of the day, but Zhi's stomach was beginning to grumble for some food. She didn't need sustenance per say, but she had developed a liking for mortal food. In Korea particularly, she was mildly addicted to the spicy soup they called jigae.

"Where do you plan to head to next?" she asked curiously, genuine interest in her gaze when she turned to look at him.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 08:15 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

For a long moment, Niulang merely gazed Zhi Liu. He considered whether he should tell her the truth. While he knew that it was a poor idea to tell someone who considered him little more than a stranger the truth, he had never been one to follow what was considered a good idea. If he had, he would not have started a fight, verbal though it may have been, with the White Tiger despite his knowledge that she was akin to a deity. Foolish things were not uncommon for him to do and telling her the truth would only be one more act to add to the list.

After a moment, he decided to tell her part of the truth. "A version of the story is relatively similar to something that happened to me when I was younger," he said simply, "I can't say which. Reading has never been my strong suite." A quiet smile crossed his face. "It is why I am looking for someone. I am quite close to finding them." It was not quite a lie. In fact, everything he had said was technically the truth. He had merely kept out any specifics.

He shook his head at the mention of martial arts, a wry smile crossing his face. "No, I learned that when I was young," he said lightly, "I am currently learning swordsmanship. As you can imagine, not many people know it anymore." It lived, to his understanding, in a few forms still, such as fencing. However, he had wanted to learn to use his sword as it was intended: to fight and defend. It was not a prop for mock battles that would never be useful when reality hit. Unfortunately, the amount of people who knew how to actually use a sword and were willing to teach were slim nowadays. It seemed only natural that his teacher would end up being a fellow immortal who was as nomadic as himself.

A flash of surprise flickered across his face at the question before it disappeared completely. "We'll probably be heading to Europe," he admitted. Asia was somewhere that he enjoyed staying. However, he knew quite well that not everybody held this sentiment and he had decided to allow his instructor to have more freedom with where they were going. As a result, he was relatively sure they would be spending a bit more time in the West than the East.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 07:47 AM

His gaze was disconcerting, and att the same time a type that Zhi found it hard to pull her eyes away from. Something about Niulang, despite just meeting him for the first time now, drew her towards him. And it wasn't as if Zhi didn't know about her grandmother's strict rule about relationships and romance within the Palace and Heavenly deities. And Zhi had always obediently followed her grandmother's instructions.

But the story of Jingnyeo and Gyeonyu struck a chord in her, in a way that was both intriguing and frustrating to her, as if something within her was telling her she should know way more then what she did for now. Zhi raised a brow, offering a smile when he finished. "Ah, I do wish you the best of luck in looking for this someone. Is there any way I could help?" she asked genuinely, eager to provide any form of assistance, especially since if his story was as tragic as what she thought of the two star-crossed lovers.

A look of admiration entered her gaze at the mention that he could do martial arts. She herself was quite well in combat, although.... where had she got her skills from? Last she remembered, the Empress had been adamant against her learning, yet she could wield a bow and a sword as well as a Palace guard. Why did her memories show no explanation for her skill? Then again, it's been many many centuries.

Still, you should remember your own life, should you not, Zhi Er? A voice inside her head murmured logially.

"You must be lucky to find your teacher then." Zhi murmured in response. "Europe?" A bubble of disappointment bloomed in her chest, at the idea that he would be gone soon. Would her grandmother be angry if she requested to head to Europe soon? Or was she being dumb at wanting to follow a male she literally had just met? She frowned at her fingers, her brows furrowed as her eyes flickered to his features, settling for a little longer then usual. As if she suddenly realized she was staring, Zhi Er gave a sheepish chuckle, averting her gaze to her fingers again. "Sorry for staring. It's just that... I feel like I know you." she laughed again, aware of how it sounds like she was coming on to him. "But I don't, of course, isn't it. We just met today."
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 06:33 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang shook his head, a quiet smile crossing his face as if he were entertaining a secret. "I don't believe so," he said, "I believe this is something I have to do on my own." He was not entirely sure how Zhi Liu had come to forget him, but it had obviously happened centuries ago if her absence at the bridge was anything to go by. He could not say if this meeting was an accident or not, but it was relatively clear in his mind that this was probably more of a situation where he needed to help her than her needing to help herself. After all, it seemed as though she only had a vague idea of what to do.

The only problem was figuring out how to do that. He knew few people to begin with and most of those he knew he did not wish to drag into something potentially dangerous. There was technically only an individual or two that he could actually think of to turn to. Of them, only one might actually have an actual answer.

The question was whether that would be a good idea or not.

He shrugged, choosing to focus a bit more on the slight shift in her expression. "Yes," he said. It was only a guess. After all, Asheton did not seem like someone who traveled with much reason. For all he knew, the man might be fine with staying on this side of the world. However, if they did travel then he imagined that it would be to Europe. While Asia held its own amount of magic, one which lived on due to the culture within the continent, Europe seemed to attract more immortal humans. He was not entirely sure if Asheton was of a similar mind. "Though, I might be wrong. It is only a guess."

He hummed. "It is not impossible," he said simply, "How long will you be in Korea?"

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 02:48 PM

An apologetic smile crossed her face when he mentioned it being a task he had to complete. Zhi Er had always been raised to help people, and she always managed to, somehow anyway. So being told that she couldn't felt... odd, in a way. Yet she couldn't outright tell someone she was a Heavenly deity and could possibly help in ways others couldn't. So instead, she chose to keep her mouth shut, and instead turned her mind to other matters at hand.

"A guess?" she echoed, swiping aside the voice behind her head that somehow started cheering as it heard that. "Does that mean you may stay as well?" Zhi Er paused, a question suddenly popping in her head. "But why Europe in particular?" His question had her shrugging, giving him a sheepish grin as she started heading towards the doors of the reading room, intending to retrieve her coat on the first floor. By then, she realized she had spent quite some time with this new male she had met, and god forbid her grandmother find out about it.Zhi Er couldn't seem to bring herself to bid him goodbye just yet however. "I'm not entirely sure. Like you, my travel plans aren't decided by me. My... family decides when we leave." she grinned at him "I just make the most of my time, wherever we are."
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 08:42 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

For a moment, it occurred to Niulang that he was probably acting a bit odd. After all, he had no reason to keep his immortality to himself. He knew that Zhi Liu was not mortal and while she possessed no knowledge of his own it seemed relatively foolish to not mention it. After all, he had never been the secretive sort. He had bluntly told other immortals on their first meetings what he was with, sometimes without the slightest indication as to how they might react. It was merely part of how he was. He was not a cautious being. The last time he had acted cautious he had been a teenager trying to keep a relationship a secret.

Clearly, he was doing something wrong if he was actually acting this different from who he actually was. Even if he did not want to bluntly tell Zhi Liu who he was, he did not want to hide this much of the truth. Such a thing had to change.

He shrugged. "It might." He could be reading too much into things. He barely knew Asheton, so his presumptions could be entirely wrong. For all he knew, the man might not want to travel at all. "Europe tends to attract immortal humans," he said lightly, knowing exactly what he was implying. He had left open the assumption that he was human. It was easy to assume it. A fair amount of celestial humans held a similar scent to humans on Earth. It was easy to mistake them as human, especially when, to his knowledge, none of them required belief. "I thought that my teacher might wish to go there as well for this reason."

He hummed at her words before slowly nodding. "Well," he said slowly, "Depending upon where you are, would you like to celebrate the Dongzhi Festival with me? If you are still in Asia at the time, of course." He knew that it would depend greatly on whether either of them were still in Asia at the time and where they were, but he was hardly going to let the opportunity slip.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 03:02 PM

Her surprise showed when Niulang mentioned immortals. Afterall, the deities sent down from the Heavens had been expressly reminded again and again by the Empress that under no condition were they to reveal who and what they were to just anyone unless they knew he or she shared the same as they do. So to hear someone just blurt or even hint that they knew and was an immortal was a surprising thing to Zhi Er. Nevertheless, she attempted to hide it by a simple grin, and a raised brow. "Just to see more immortals? That sounds like a really simple reason." she mused.

It wasn't that she hadn't her suspicions. Something about the energy that she felt off of him, plus everything else added up, just chalked up to Zhi Er that there was something about Niulang she couldn't put her finger on. She was still attempting to figure out what it was.

Arriving at the stairs, she started her descent, assuming Niulang was right behind her. His words caught her by surprise though, and she stumbled the last step, barely catching herself with the handrail. "Oops." she quickly muttered, internally scolding herself. "Sorry, my family has always said I'm somewhat clumsy." Zhi Er tried to cover up, ignoring the fact that he was technically asking her out.

He was, right? She was technically completely banned from any form of relationship that wasn't familial. And all deities knew the Empress somehow knew everything that happened. So why was she willing to risk it? Zhi Er bit her lip in contemplation, and finally flashed him a grin. "Sure, I don't see why not. I'll... likely be in Taiwan at the time, actually. Would... you be around?" she asked hesitantly, as if she herself was unsure how he would react.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 06:10 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang did pause at Zhi Liu's words. Out loud he supposed that it did sound relatively simple. However, he did tend to try and not over-complicate the reasons people had for doing things. In his experience, people did not always have complicated reasons for everything they did. To try and turn everything into a series of dramas would only cause drama. Moreover, Asheton seemed to be a relatively simple person from what he had seen thus far.

"Not necessarily," he admitted "But a fair amount of immortals who used to be human come from the West. There are probably some from the East, but I have yet to cross paths with them." Exactly why was beyond him. He imagined that it was something that deities or beings like the celestial beings would know. "So, it might just be to be near what was once home or what is familiar. Though, I imagine that being near other immortals is not out of the question."

It was mildly laughable inside his head. Mortal Europeans had not always gotten along in the past. He could not help but imagine that this could make things somewhat difficult for those who became immortal, or at least for the younger ones. He hardly had the experience of going from mortal to immortal, but for all he knew age might change one's view of the world.

Niulang had made to follow her. A look of veiled amusement crossed his face as she suddenly stumbled. It was something familiar and, as much as it caused his heart to ache, he found it relieving. He hummed. "I am not sure," he admitted, "However, if I am, I will make sure to find you."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 03:03 PM

She nodded at his explanation, somewhat grasping the logic behind it. True to his words, Zhi Er had to admit that she rarely met many immortals, but most that she did were from the West. That being said, she knew plenty of folklore from the East, and she personally knew plenty of deities, so her view of it seemed pretty balance, although she credited it to the naturally more secretive and introverted nature of most East Asians.

"I think the East side are just quiet people in general. My... friends and family don't venture out often, at all. In fact, this is perhaps the first time I remember heading out of my home in a very long time" she replied with a smile. "I don't remember.... actually, my memory has been fuzzy. My grandmother says it comes with age." Zhi Er joked with a small chuckle, albeit sounding a little hollow. Truth be told, she's never fully actually bought the Empress's explanation before for why there seemed to be a gap in her memories, but what choice did she have? The Empress's word was law in the Heavens.

A light pink flush dusted her cheeks at his reassurance that he will look for her, and almost instinctively, as if she knew something else in her subconscious even if her fore memory did not allow her to remember it, her fingers curled around her pendant, as Zhi Er gave him a small smile. "I should get going. But... how would we know how to meet each other come Dongzhi?"
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 06:05 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang mused over Zhi Liu's words. She was not entirely wrong. From what he had come to understand during his time on Earth, the East had incredibly different beliefs when it came to humans. Many of those within the West were fine with meddling in their affairs, for one reason or another. However, the East tended to be more secretive. Yokai tended to avoid blending with human society. It was a mindset that he personally thought with slightly harmful as it actually affected half-yokai children, children who were forced to live in a world they did not entirely belong to without the guidance of the parent who could properly explain why they were different.

Not to say that the West was not harmful either. He'd been on the wrong end of exactly what was harmful about the West. There were too many fights and people often did not seek peace. In general, neutrality seemed to be a concept seemed to be a concept better known by the East, but he blamed Asia's past for that.

"Secretive is probably a better word," he said lightly, "Yokai tend to be relatively hesitant when it comes to humans. I might compare them to fae, except fae tend to hate hate humans." Or, the ones he had crossed paths with did. They seemed to have a streak of arrogance to them. No doubt it had been born the same way any streak of arrogance in immortals was born. As it was, the yokai he had spoken to before did not seem to be arrogant. It was...something else, perhaps a fear or a wish to keep away from the consequences that came with acquainting with humans.

He could understand either well. Earthlings were fairly good at presenting themselves in a number of ways, many of those ways making one hesitant to approach them. It was probably why so many immortals looked down upon them, as fool as it was. After all, they were not the ones tied to something like belief.

A quiet smile crossed his face. "I'll know," he said simply.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 11:29 AM

Notes: She's fallin in both of my replies omg. xDDD She needs to go for ballet class.
She pondered upon his words, but nodded in agreement after a short period of time. It was true, and her grandmother’s actions and words were an indication of that. The very fact that they were not allowed to divulge their identity the whole time they were on Earth was enough proof, yet Zhi Er couldn’t help but wonder why the need for all the secrecy. Did they not already devote all their stories and prayers to the Heavens and its deities? Why bother attempting to build trust in their existence, when they could just reveal themselves and the mortals would have enough proof to know that they are real?

Zhi Er raised her brows when he simply said he would know, as they arrived at the landing of the ground floor and she headed for her coat, hanging upon a hook. Grabbing it off, she made a move to put it on, an amused smile playing around her lips. Technically, in any other situation, one would feel stalked if a guy suddenly mentioned he would just know her location. But something about him just came off as safe to her, instead of anything else.

”Will you now?” she murmured in response. Brushing away the soft tendrils of hair that curled around her chin and tickled her eye, Zhi Er grinned her trademark cheeky grin. ”I really can’t wait to see you then.” And with that, she turned on her heel and left the library, somehow not entirely sure how she should behave the next time she saw the mysterious Niulang she had just met today.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.