Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

White Nights, tag Eurydice
♠ HADES
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 05:50 AM
3000+ • God of the Dead • Loneliness • The Underworld

White Nights

On occasion, Hades spent some of his time doing various activities that might distract him. It made it easier to not focus on his thoughts, as when he kept to them he found that they often consumed him. It was easier to focus on his work as King of the Underworld or small tasks he merely did for the sake of distraction. However, today he found it much harder to distract himself. The thoughts were overwhelming after his fight with Persephone and all that clouded his mind was guilt and a crushing feeling of sorrow. It was inescapable, like walking into a darkness that never ended.

For some time, he had huddled himself in his own garden. It was a beautiful thing, made centuries ago when he had first met Persephone and she had just been adjusting to the sunless world that was the Underworld. He had made it, but instead of planting the flowers she could have so easily created herself, he had taken the time to make a garden of glass. He enjoyed the garden not only for its beauty, but for the fact that he could touch everything within it. After all, each plant was crafted from materials found within the Underworld itself.

However, eventually Hades found himself leaving the ever growing garden, mindlessly walking through the palace. He held no destination, only knowing that he wished to avoid Persephone for now.

@CHICKADEE | template by eliza
PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 07:28 AM
Forever Twenty • Shade • Promises • The Underworld
Chickadee! 29 posts application plotter wanted tracker other

C
hores brought a sense of comfortability to the shade, not that she could even pinpoint why they did. Perhaps it was constant need for upkeep that kept her busy from lingering thoughts of grief still left in the aftershock of death. Even if centuries had past since her departure, it was like a parasite that crawled about her heart whenever she let her mind drift for just a moment.
That also played into the part of why she enjoyed her handmaiden duties so much, but even the work could grow tedious. Whenever another absentminded shade happened to drift by, Eurydice was always quick to bark orders, although she was always kind about it. Bring this here, or, set this there, would you? Anything to lesson the load was a blessing from the gods.

Speaking of the gods, the Underworld felt so...off, nowadays. More so than usual, and even if the land of the dead always held a rather abnormal mood to the whole place, it seemed a tension lingered within the dark palace.
Being rather intuitive with her lady, Eurydice merely chalked it up to be stemming from some relationship...issues with the Lord. It had been rather troublesome lately, and Eurydice even managed to keep her ears sharp about her, and heard whisperings of the lord...fraternizing with certain things, although fraternizing was a word used quite loosely. Perhaps she could find out more later?

A dark wicker basket piled high with linens and weaving supplies held against her hip kept her balanced while the lithe shade made her way through the halls. It was such a gloomy place, yet Eurydice never really seemed to mind it. The gloom brought a sense of warmth to her, while the dark hues of the hall kept her grounded in such a state. Her ankle naturally dragging behind her half a pace or two, the dark-haired woman merely made her way with an airy disposition. Hang the cloths, start up the daily weaving, check up on-...

Her thoughts were cut short, however, as her eagle eyes spied that of a Greek vase, decorated with unearthly patterns of fantastical myths, perched precariously close to falling off of a dark-wood table. Making her way over quickly, the shade swiftly pushed the urn back to the center with a relieved sigh.
Only for that sigh to die in her throat at the sound of echoing footsteps sounding down the hall. Now, the other shade's hardly made any noticeable sound, so the Greek woman quickly checked that off of her list of suspects. The sight of the unknown person in mind brought her eyes widening, before she quickly swapped the look for one of neutrality. It was Hades, the King of such realm.

Gathering her basket up to her hip once more, the shade let out a small sniff before she spoke in an even tone with a harmless greeting.
"Is the night finding you well, my Lord?" Eurydice spoke across the short distance separating them, while she dipped into a small respectful curtsy. Soon after she raised back up, a swift tilt of her head followed as she awaited a response.

@MOMO » 524 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 10:00 AM

White Nights

For the most part, Hades did not expect to be stopped. Between him and his wife, Persephone was far more well liked than he, a fact that most likely had to do with her tendency to give mercy and bring people back or place them into the cycle of rebirth. Such actions were not ones he took to doing often. Life and death held a precious balance. Taking anyone out of the cycle held a cost and to not demand one could be dangerous. It had not been nearly so dangerous when they had been younger, when the Greek pantheon had been stronger. However, with the war, as outside forces took people out of afterlives, it was something that should be done far less frequently, at least not unless one demanded equal payment. Equal payment was something that Hades was not entirely sure his wife could demand, despite all her strength, for the only thing that could balance a life was another life.

Perhaps he was lucky in how few souls passed through the Underworld. Most of their believers were young and the Gods' anger was more focused on other immortals than mortals at the moment. Though, part of him did wish some of the members of their pantheon who did not require belief might help increase it. There was just a small part of him that worried they might fade away if no one did anything. Would his brother do anything when that danger came? He certainly seemed to be doing nothing at the moment.

Hades might have done something himself, but the problem with Cronus occupied his attention at the moment. Being ruled over by a madman seemed a bit more important than fading away. He might have preferred it, to be honest.

His path eventually brought him to an area occupied with several shades, but the one that stopped him was one that he vaguely recognized. After all, how could he not? Aside from Persephone's actions in regards to her, she was an example that the Lord of Dead's heart was not made of ice and possible to sway, as difficult as it was. Eurydice.

A certain twitch entered his eye at the term of respect. It was one most called him and he did consider it better than a term such as master. However, he could not admit to liking such terms. There was simply something...uncomfortable about being referred as such. It reminded him of the crown he had but did not want, having only taken it so Zeus would not hold the power of the one who had ruled before him.

He turned his gaze to the window. It was a large, glassless thing. There was no light, a clear indication that he was not near Persephone's and his chambers. Night? A peculiar term, especially since he doubted time existed here. Only in Elysium could light be found, but that solely depended upon the illusion of the paradise one imagined.

He stayed silent for a moment. "Can...you not call me that? Names are for using, not for covering with with supercilious titles," he murmured quietly. Ah, but she has asked him a question, had she not? "Unwell, but I doubt Persephone is doing as well as I am. I told her information she considered troublesome."

PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 07:20 AM

T
here had been a time when the once-nymph's heart had been lighter. She smiled more freely, danced whenever a trace of a tune was heard, and laughed with the intent of a belly ache to follow. The Underworld had taken a toll on such a soul the shade possessed, the weight of death weighing on Eurydice until she was merely a shell of her former self. It did help, however, that she happened to be friends with someone who specialized in life itself, but the lithe shade always found bits of herself being lost to that of the land of the dead.

Regarding the Lord of the Dead himself, the shade found herself puzzling over the fact in her time here, centuries and centuries of time Eurydice supposed, she had never once had a face-to-face chat with him.
Although it wasn't rather surprising, as she often viewed him with rather biased disdain. She never feared him, oh no, and her light dislike never bordered on anything permanent. It wasn't anything she could justify in such a way, Eurydice came to note, as he had given such a chance at life itself.

A chance which failed, A voice whispered in the back of her mind, which was quickly interrupted by Hades next choice of words.
Not to use such titles? Head tilting in barely veiled confusion, the shade merely adjusted the basket balanced against her hip, the items within shifting about in the sounds of materials mingling together.

"If that's what you wish my l-.." Her loose tongue barely stilled in a time to muffle the title she began to use, and Eurydice regained her composure once more, although a rather uncomfortable expression pulled at her features as she spoke next. "Hades."

A frown perched upon her lips at his next answer, one that didn't do enough to still her worried heart. Her own concern was directed much towards her friends, although a bit of concern was also set aside from him. He was such an important figure in such a realm, and it would do good that he stayed well himself.
"Persephone's mind should not be receiving any troublesome information, I, in truth, worry for her state of being at the current moment." Eurydice's hand hold on her basket tightened for just a moment, while her weight shifted to that of her good foot, here the lingering pain of the bite was beginning to bug her once more. "As your mind shall do good not to bear any more of a load as well."

@MOMO » 424 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 08:07 AM

White Nights

His name rolled off of the shade awkwardly, but the deity made no comment on the matter. After all, there was no need to. While titles were something which were common within his life, they were not forever. Nobody remembered a title, only names. Was his title one which might be remembered? It was difficult to tell with this world. All he knew was that it was one which was unwanted.

Eurydice's reaction was not one which he expected. A shade, he could only expect a muted reaction. However, he did expect some manner of anger towards his own person. Perhaps he was becoming too used to it, having grown so used to it from the argument. It made sense in his head that a friend of Persephone's might share her feelings. Was that not how friends worked or did friends disagree? It was hard to tell, as he had so few himself and he spent so little time with his own.

"That would be difficult," he said softly. Keeping silent was something Hades was good at, even if lies were not well attuned for coming off of his tongue. "Persephone is curious by nature, having had so much kept from her." His lips delved into a small frown. "She wishes to know more, but I fear that she may regret such a wish once she has the information." He had tried to explain this to her, though he feared his words had not been eloquent. The past he kept quiet about was one he did not vocalize not only for his own sake, but also for her own. She had known Cronus for a short time, mere minutes, while he had known him for centuries. The information he had was a burden upon his own mind. He did not want to tarnish her own mind as his was.

He sighed. "It is too late for me," he said, "I have made decisions bear a burden upon me. It is my cross to carry, though so far others have not let me carry it alone."

His shoulders sagged and he gazed at the shade with a heavy stare. "You are Persephone's friend- her handmaiden- yes? Perhaps I am making a mistake," he said lightly, "I find myself unable to know what to do. Persephone is unable to understand my situation- I suppose I am also unable to understand hers- as she did not grow up as I did. Her mother gifted her with a love so protective she wished her to never leave the nest." His gaze was sad. "I was not the same. I was stolen from my mother's nest and raised away from her love, instead given to unloving hands. She cannot understand this- understand me fully- unless I explain." His hands clenched. "But I fear that if I give her the information she hungers for I will harm her. It is troublesome enough that is changed me."

PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 06:38 AM

A
sigh parted from her lips, a reluctant nod moving her head in agreement with Hade's reply. Persephone was curious, much too curious for her own good. She knew the root cause of it, truly she did. Her mother, Demeter, had sheltered her for much of her life. That prompted a bout of wanting to know everything, the shade knew this to be a fact.
But even so, the ghostly woman couldn't help but feel the strong feelings of protectiveness for her goddess friend. She deserved happiness in her life, not turmoil from thoughts that riddled her mind. A soft exhale from her nose, and Eurydice mustered up something of a reply.

"How do the mortals say it? Ignorance is bliss?" Eurydice shifted suddenly setting the basket of linens at her feet with a huff of breath. In a single motion, she smoothed the rumples formed in her black chiton.
"However she deserves to have at least a little information, considering the situation that occurred." The sight of the wounds inflicted upon Persephone was ghastly, even if the shade had only a mere glimpse of them as she ran her bath. Eurydice could only draw the fault of such wounds to ignorance.

A frown pulled at her lips, while her sandalled foot gently kicked the basket at her feet with a steady rhythm. Too late for him? Even Eurydice couldn't help but have an inch of doubt nag at her from the back of her mind. She never believed anyone was too far gone for help, but let herself be put at ease at the fact that others were helping him with such 'cross' he carried...what was a cross exactly?

A few moments settled, as Eurydice took in the words the Lord of the Underworld spoke next. Was he wishing for advice? The shade...definitely was the best to ask for such advice, but since Persephone was indeed her friend, she would give it a shot.
"I wish for my lady to remain unharmed, both mentally and physically, but if..." Her eyebrows furrowed, while she attempted to summon the words to come to her. How could she word her thoughts so exactly? "If there is to be understanding to take place, a heart laid bare can inspire κατανόηση. Ignorance can be bliss, but if you want her to know, then you must tell her. Everything that you deem important."

The muted hues of her eyes drifted to look towards his clenched hand, and a ghost of a sympathetic smile drifted across her lips.
"If she is hurt by such information, be there for her." She moved her arms to cross across her stomach loosely, while her long dark brown hair fell over one shoulder at the tilt of her head. "And she shall be there for you."

Greek Translation:
κατανόηση = understanding

@MOMO » 466 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 02:05 AM

White Nights

Hades silently listened to Eurydice, taking in her words. Ignorance was bliss? The saying was familiar to him, but he was not sure he agreed. Ignorance was the type of state that he imagined his sister would prefer Persephone be in, to be kept from the darkness of the world and stay forever innocent in every way possible. However, Hades did not wish to be like Demeter. His sister was not correct in that manner. Keeping Persephone ignorant would cause more harm than anything, especially since he knew his wife was of a curious nature. When encountered with true harm, she would not know what to do, not knowing anything of it.

Hades' throat ran dry at the thought of what had happened. Eurydice described it delicately, but it was not a delicate matter. The man, if he could be called such, had never been, as long as Hades had known him, delicate. The shade's words were correct, in that matter. While he could not know what had happened without asking Persephone- he was not sure he wished to- he imagined it had been because of a lack of knowledge about what Cronus was like. He did not know what those on Olympus spoke, but he imagined it to be both little and not entirely accurate, considering Zeus' manner. She could only have known from him and he had not told her due to his own weaknesses, due to the wounds Cronus had long ago inflicted upon him, invisible though they were.

He let loose a breath. Wise though the words were, she made it sound so simple. "What if it is more difficult than that?" he asked. The words sounded selfish, he realized, so he expanded. "I do not wish to harm Persephone, but I also do not wish to keep her ignorant of what she has always had a right to know, now more than ever." His brow furrowed. "People...they like to say that the truth is difficult. Now would be such a case. The truth Persephone wishes to know is one that may not only hurt her, but one she may not understand."

He knew there was much about himself he never spoke of. However, he did so not out of ill will, but out of fear and the belief that Persephone might not understand. She might not understand why he felt the pain he did, not understand where it came from. They had never spoken of his past and he did not know what she thought it was like because of that. Did she think it to be like the rest of his siblings? He supposed the true question was- "Do I tell her everything?"

PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 11:16 PM

W
hile she spoke the saying, she didn't entirely believe in it herself. Sure, it could be seen as truth to many, that ignorance was bliss. But that didn't necessarily make it right, Persephone had been kept in the dark for most of her life. What she truly deserved at the moment was to have some light shed on truly needed information.

One of Eurydice's many talents was skirting around things. Of course, she never meant to. She had always wanted to be blunt, and that...event that had happened had been indeed terrible. More so than the delicate situation she had described it as such. In truth, the shade wanted to scream in frustration, right in the Lord of the Underworld's face. If she had known, she wouldn't have gotten hurt...

But there wasn't anything to change about it. It had happened, and Persephone had survived, and that was what Eurydice was grateful for.

The lithe shade nearly let loose an exasperated sound at Hades' first words, but stilled herself as he continued speaking. Eyebrows scrunching as she listened to his words, making sure to keep her own patience in check.
"She may not understand, but this is why you're the one telling her, my lor-...Hades." Pursing her lips, the shade hugged her arms across her stomach, while her expression hinted that she thinking quite hard for her answer. "Explain to her, help her understand. She may be naive, but I never thought Persephone to be close-minded. Although it may hurt her at first, to learn such things, won't it not spare her from further accidents?"

At the Lord of the Underworld's next words, the shade nodded her head with a firm nature. Although a kind look suddenly flickered across her gaze, the god before her truly sounded so vulnerable in that moment.

"Everything, she deserves to know." Was all Eurydice said, an even imploring look took to her dark gaze. It had been long enough that Seph was kept in the dark, and a little truth from her husband would help her before she went topside.

@MOMO » 346 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Aug 31 2016, 11:54 PM

White Nights

Hades had never been a particularly perceptive person. It was difficult to be so when ruled the Underworld, a position that demanded that he did not leave often. Moreover, the fact that he often sought isolation instead of turning to most of his family did not particularly help. It was, in his mind, easier. After all, much of his family had made it clear of what they thought of him and he, coward that he was, preferred to keep away from confrontation. Of course, there were other reasons, but these, in his mind, were the greatest. The lack of it did not take away from any intelligence or cleverness he had, thankfully enough. It was what helped him rule. He did not need to know those around him too well. After all, people tended to demand the same things: respect, kindness, and order. As long as he gave that, then he would get enough from them. If he did not, then he would likely have to force more out of himself.

However, for all perceptiveness that he lacked, he certainly had a surplus of paranoia. Eurydice's words were kind enough, if not understanding. However, he was not particularly used to be treated that way. Even Persephone had been slightly wary about him the first time they had met, as kind as she had been. Only his daughters had been kind, as children often are.

Quietly nodding, he accepted her words. "You are being rather kind for someone who should hate me," he said bluntly. There was no point in sparing words. By all rights, Eurydice should at least be somewhat angry with him. A lack of anger when it should be present...that was not something he could not understand. Out of all his emotions, anger had been the one Hades had never bothered to hide on the few occasions that it would come to the surface. The only reason one might hide it would be because it suited them to do so. "I do not think you are lying to me." He glanced upwards. "So why are you so calm?"

.... | template by eliza

@CHICKADEE
PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 05:52 AM

A
sigh parted from her lips, at his next words. It seem he truly did get what she was trying to say, trying to send to him but...Hades did not understand her kindness.
Truly she didn't think she was going way out of her way for him. No, she was offering him some rather simple advice but...she did not hate him. No, there was inches of dislike that crawled about her heart like smudges of dirt streaking clear glass. Years of bias against the god of the Underworld, along with his adultery against Persephone, it had certainly not made her like him to a full extent.

But...she did respect him. Hades had given her first love a chance, even if he had promptly blown it to smithereens because he looked back...

Right, the pressing matter at hand. A tug pulled her lips into something of a stiff smile.

"'Should' would not be a word I would use." She started lightly, her tone building with the hint of hidden opinions to come to surface. "I respect you Hades, for giving Orph-...him, a chance. Me, another chance at life when there should have been none."

She paused for a moment, considering her next words as she continued.
"Even if that chance had failed, it was not your eyes who looked upon me and banished me back to the embrace of death. You may have done some things I have not agreed with, but I do not scorn you now." And with a prompt pause, and a firm nod of her head, the lithe shade left it at that.

The dark eyes of the shade glanced this was and that, shifting about the halls of the palace at his next words. Why was she so calm?

"Perhaps the years of living in this realm has loosened my tongue and made me more bold in the face of my betters?" Her head tilted, the dark curls of the shade spilling over one shoulder in the delicate half-up, half-down Greek style she had it in. "Of course I am not lying. It would be foolish of me to lie to a god, and to my lady's husband."

@MOMO » 362 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 02:08 PM

White Nights

Hades did not answer Eurydice immediately, not even after she had long spoken her part. Instead, he stayed quiet for a moment, his lips down turned into a quiet frown. The feelings that she expressed were not foreign to him. He knew them well. They were ones many who entered the Underworld felt. Perhaps what was only peculiar about them was that she seemed to feel gratitude towards him. He could not recall being thanked many times in his life. In fact, the only people he could truly think of when considering such an action were Megaera and Persephone. He was not sure if even Orpheus had thanked him, though such forgetfulness might just be his own memory.

"I suppose such is to be expected," he finally said. After all, Eurydice did not appear to be influenced by as many biases as others around him were. Then again, she had managed to keep from hating him despite knowing of his poorer moments in his past.

Still, the frown did not leave. "As for Orpheus," he began. He would not correct her opinion. She was entitled to having her own on the matter. "I would argue that that is something you should respect Persephone for. While I did give Orpheus a chance, I cannot claim that the manner in which I demanded that it be done was a test. I have little doubt that Persephone viewed the matter with a far less deductive eye. She has always been one who preferred to see things bloom than wither." After all, he was less trusting than his wife. He was quite used to having people come into the Underworld for the same purpose that Orpheus had. He might have given them a chance, but his condition had been more of a test more than anything else.

His lips curved into a minuscule smile. "Perhaps," he said softly, "But I have never minded, especially since I prefer conversing to those around me. Besides, unlike my siblings' realms, the Underworld possesses deities far older than myself." Perhaps it was one of the reasons why he had never cared too much if those around, or rather beneath, him held objections, at least most of the time. Though, he did recognize that it was not the only reason. If anything, there were probably too many reasons.

.... | template by eliza

@CHICKADEE
PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 09:37 AM

T
he memory of her origins, the death and chance at resurrection for her, being uprooted in the repressed thoughts within her mind was painful. A spike of pain raced through her heart, filled with bitterness and regret, anger at a certain someone for breaking a promise he should have kept.

It was something she should have gotten over, by now. It had been a couple of millennia since it had even occurred.
Gods, she hadn't even tried to have patch up the tear within her heart, Eurydice was way too stubborn to do so. And here she was giving relationship advice when her first and only relationship has ended in something under a week.

A firm nod moved her head, at his first words, before something of an accidental flinch escaped her as he spoke his name.
Ugh, how it still struck a painful nerve with her. Eurydice was sure to have told Persephone that even his name still brought chills to her arms and grief within her heart, but Hades could not have known.

"And I do respect her for that, more than that, such a response to my deathly situation prompted affection to grow in my heart for her. However, a test, you say? It was a fair one," A short pause silenced her for a moment, while she thought of her next words, "I see it no less as something deserving an equal amount of regard, it would have been more simple to have denied him outright, or even killed him for making his way to the Underworld in the first place."

Another nod moved her head, while a ghost of a smile flickered across her lips, in response to his own, slightly more cheerful expression.
"Yes, perhaps." Echoing back his words, the shade shouldered the basket of linens she carried, leaning into her hip a bit in a casual manner. Much unlike the rigid posture she usually kept up, the true handmaiden she was. "Although I have yet to meet the other deities, you strike me as one different from the rest. Correct me if I am wrong."

@MOMO » 362 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 10:49 PM

White Nights

Hades noticed a moment too late how Eurydice flinched at the mention of Orpheus. A small frown came to his face, as well as a feeling of guilt. He did not know the shade particularly well, especially in comparison to his wife. As a result, a fair amount of information that she might have known he did not. However, the idea that Eurydice might think poorly of her former husband was something that suddenly seemed a bit obvious and he felt a bit foolish for not realizing it. "Sorry," he intoned softly.

His brow furrowed at her words; however, his expression quickly began to morph into a grimace at the mention of having turned away or punished Orpheus for coming into the Underworld. "This is the Land of the Dead," he said lightly, "The living often do not come here easily, even if they are magical. The least I can do I listen to those who come into my realm with a request is listen. A king who can't do that much does not deserve his crown."

The mood slowly seemed to be lightening, which was pleasant. "That depends which deities you mean. There certainly are a lot to compare to." He frowned slightly."At the very least, I am probably different from all of my siblings. I....doubt that is a bad thing." Most of the time, anyway. It was hard to know since his own doubts sometimes seemed to be confirmed in his own siblings criticisms of him.

.... | template by eliza

CHICKADEE
PM
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 08:48 AM

T
he centuries old shade didn't blame him, Hades, the Lord of the Underworld, for the slip of his tongue. How could he have known, really? It was not like she spilled the number one ache of her heart to him, or anyone for that matter.
There was even somethings she longed to keep from Persephone, if only to ease the mind and heart of her friend, but ended up spilling anyways. Eurydice was never really good at keeping secrets.

At the flip of a switch, Eurydice's expression smoothed out. Straightening up from the flinch, the prideful shade tilted her chin up high with a soft shake of her head following his apology.
"It is not your fault." She spoke, her words clear, yet some wavering emotion tugged at the edges of her tone. Eurydice's dark eyes slowly drifted to the ground, where they remained there. "Sometimes, old wounds do not heal. I resign myself to not speak his name."

The lithe shade's gaze remained glued to the floor as he spoke, a simple bow of her head following as a nod moved it.
"But there are kings who would slaughter those daring to break the rules." Looking back up, a gentle tilt of her head followed. "Especially the rules the Fates had decided, not many attempt to defy them. I should not have risen again."

Idly, the shade set the basket of linens on the end table right by her hip, beginning to fold the cleaned fabric within it as she spoke. Of course he seemed rather different from the other gods, being the only one besides Persephone to spend the most time around.

"I do not slander the gods' names, but there is less savory ones than you." Eurydice spoke boldly, folding linen after linen and neatly settling it within the basket, looking up at Hades every once and awhile. "I shall not name them for fear of retribution, but I have a few in mind, truly." Was that a spark of humor in her voice? Possibly.

@MOMO » 338 » outfit
PM
^
♠ HADES
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 10:22 PM

White Nights

To an extent, Hades could understand Eurydice's feelings on the matter. Her apparent grudge towards Orpheus was one that was not irrational. It had always been, and still was, rare for the Lord of the Underworld to allow a soul to rise again. Such an action messed with the order between life and death if one was careless. By the order of the Underworld, only those who reached Elysium had any chance of life again. However, even in that case, the choice was always the soul's and they were reborn.

That Eurydice had been returned to life had been a gift. It was understandable that she might have become cross with Orpheus, particularly since Hades had purposely given him an easy condition for Eurydice to come to life.

"That is true," he acknowledged. He knew this quite well. The God possessed many old wounds that had not healed despite how many centuries had passed. In fact, it was difficult to tell if some had festered or lessened over the years.

It was likely that reason which made him so hesitant to tell Persephone about his past. He feared the answer he might receive if he did, feared he might confirmation of the loneliness that seemed to press upon him.

"A swift blade does not make a poor ruler," he said, an almost far off look in the deity's eye. Briefly, his eyes shut, his head pounding for a moment due to the bond from Cronus. He continued. "It is why he wields it and towards whom." A poor ruler...it was difficult to say what that was. There were many types of rulers, as could easily be seen by himself and his brothers. He knew that each of them ruled differently and he likely possessed the most differences among his ways. He had certainly been reminded by Zeus enough in the past, considering that the youngest thought him a poor ruler.

Funny, that.

A ghost of a smile crossed his face before he opened his eyes. "The Moirai are not kind, as can be seen by the fates of mortals and magicals alike," he said plainly, "Whether it is part of the balance or not, they do not care." The current state of the balance of life and death was enough to prove that.

His lips twitched, amusement flickering through his gaze. "Indeed," he agreed, "Some of my siblings are good examples." Oh, he did not hate them all, even if he possessed the ire of the majority of them. However, no matter what he thought about himself, he could recognize that his faults were usually not as terrible as his siblings. Well, mostly Zeus'.

CHICKADEE | template by eliza
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.