Add Reply
New Poll

First Day Of Spring, Tag: Cloves | Tammy
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:55 PM
Ancient • Goddess of Spring • Life • Underworld

Here Comes The Sun
Here comes the sun and I say, "It's all right"
The first day of Spring was always Persephone’s favorite. It was her time to shake off the cobwebs that oft clung to the goddess, to shed her sandals and raise her voice, to sink her fingers into the damp soil and bring life to the surface once more. Usually, she felt the island where she grew up calling to her, begging her to begin her work there, but this year… No, this year, she wanted to begin someplace new.

She emerged from the Underworld on the mainland and looked around, shielding Apollo’s light from her eyes. It wouldn’t be long now before her siblings came to greet her as they often did when she returned to the surface world; most of them refused to visit her in her kingdom - something they should have gotten over centuries ago, in her humble opinion. Oh well, she thought with a sigh as she lifted the hem of her gown. Best get to work!

Persephone climbed up a tall hill until she found herself overlooking a beautiful, but bare valley; she took a moment to view the valley as if she were an artist. How tall would she grow the grass? What types of flowers would she grow? Where would she cluster them? Should she bother with trees? Did she intend to draw wildlife? What kinds? As soon as she had a basic idea of what she wanted it to look like in her head, Persephone unstrapped her sandals and stepped out of them, grass immediately springing up at her feet.

Unfurling her arms, the goddess began to run, sliding down the hill and onto the valley floor, where she began to dance; her energy flowed through her and into the earth, rejuvenating it, and with each tap of her foot and wave of her hand, things began to grow. Persephone laughed as she twirled about, dancing through the grass that sprung up at her feet, her voice filling the air with song.

made by jaronart

@TAMMY @CLOVES
PMEmail
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 02:43 PM
32 • Satyr • Curiosity • Mother Nature's Forest

It was a beautiful beautiful spring day. Somehow it felt like the very first day of spring; it had that special fresh scent, and the way the sun was shining. Cloves ventured out of the Forest into the meadows, drawn my the sunshine and the bright blue sky. He did not know what he was going to do, or what he wanted to do, but the breeze and the light and the scent all made him just want to run and roll around like a spring lamb.
So he did just that. No one was going to tell him otherwise.

Cloves ran across the fields, then up the side of a hill, covered in fresh, brilliantly green grass. Times like this he envied the humans because they could walk on their bare feet and feel the grass and the warm earth. As he had hooves, he did the next best thing: When he got to the top of the hill, he rolled down on the other side.

He came to a stop at the bottom of the hill. Here, the fresh and fragrant vegetation was already much taller and thicker and it smelled sweeter too. Cloves lay on his back in it, looking up at bobbing flowers, laughing because he loved everything he saw. Grass and leaves stuck in his hair. He picked some of the flowers and absent-mindedly suck them behind his tiny horns, just when his ears perked up: Somebody was singing.

Rolling onto his stomach, Cloves popped his head up from the grass, wiggling ears and messy hair and all, to see where the beautiful voice came from. It was not hard to spot the woman: She was dancing and singing and everything around her was just filled with palpable magic. Cloves broke into a wide grin and got up, tail wiggling behind him. Here was someone else who loved spring just as much as he did...
PM
^
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: May 3 2018, 06:50 AM

Here Comes The Sun
The goddess was so enthralled in her work - if one could call it that - that she had been unaware that she’d been spotted by another; no, it wasn’t until the creature had risen from the tall grass that her song fell flat and she came to a halt. Persephone saw the horns and the flowers tucked behind them and waved him out with a small smile.

"Come out and join me," she invited. It had been years since she had encountered one of his kind; satyrs were not among the creatures that her mother had allowed on their little haven growing up. Too many of his kind were raucous and rowdy, prone to brawling and perversions that the Harvest Goddess sought to keep her child from.

When she'd gotten old enough to venture out on her own, Persephone had met all manners of Greek creatures, including satyrs and she found them all to be the opposite of what her mother had told her. It paid to be open-minded. "What's your name, little one?" the goddess asked him, smiling kindly.

made by jaronart

@TAMMY @CLOVES
PMEmail
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: May 3 2018, 12:33 PM

Cloves' ears perked up as the singing stopped abruptly, and the woman turned to look at him. She was... pretty was not the right word, she was something more than that. She was beautiful, the way people and beings who were not human beautiful. As if he needed another indication that she was an immortal, after the song and the sudden burst of flowers.

>>"Come out and join me,"

Cloves walked out of the little nest of flowers and towards her, suddenly a little bit shy. Shyness was not a Satyr trait, usually, but he felt awe at her presence, which told he he should be polite. He stopped a few steps away.

>>"What's your name, little one?"

"Cloves" he offered with a lopsided smile, tail wiggling in excitement. He did not even mind being called 'little one'. Some deities did not need to be physically larger to show their power. "And you, m'lady?"
PM
^
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: May 3 2018, 06:43 PM

Here Comes The Sun
Persephone gathered her skirts in her hands and walked over to meet the young satyr, noticing that he was shy, having stopped a few steps from her. Not wanting to scare the poor dear off, she left a fair gap between them when she chose to allow her skirts to brush her ankles once more. This close, she could make out the horns that were largely obscured by his curly hair and the flowers that he'd tucked behind them.

His smile and the wiggling grasses that indicated his tail was wagging made the goddess smile at him. "Like the spice?" she wondered aloud. The goddess studied him for a moment, her fingers tapping her lips lightly before nodding. "It suits you." It was a simple declaration, but a true one. Persephone could tell that he was full of life, much like the long-lasting spice.

For a moment, she could hear her mother's voice in her head, reminding her that a well-bred godling used their manners at all times; giving her head a small shake to dislodge the voice, she inclined her head in greeting. "Persephone." Usually, her name was all the introduction she needed and with Cloves being Greek, surely he would know her.

made by jaronart

@TAMMY @CLOVES
PMEmail
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: May 3 2018, 07:58 PM

The lady and the flowers... they just made sense. She was full of something fresh, like the first day of spring, which she had brought about with her singing. There was fresh excitement in the air that made Cloves' ears perk up and his skin break out in goosebumps. The nice kind. She was friendly, too, which was a rarity when deities were involved. Cloves told her his name.

>>"Like the spice? It suits you."

The young Satyr smiled. He liked his own name. It was not unusual for the younger generations of Satyrs to be named after flora and fauna, but his father had made a good choice nonetheless.

>>"Persephone."

Cloves' eyes widened. As a being of Greek mythology, he was familiar with the gods and goddesses of Hellas, even if the Forest was more multi-cultural than that. Father had told him many things about the immortals - among them, her tale as well. He stared, forgetting about such things as courtesy, as she introduces herself. His hooves gave him a boost of a few inches of height on her, so he finally ducked his head in a hurry.

"I didn't recognize you..."
PM
^
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: May 4 2018, 03:21 AM

Here Comes The Sun
"Better than Kore, anyway," she told him, wrinkling her nose at the old name. There were days where her mother still tried to use it, though it fell on deaf ears. She refused to respond to anything other her name and had done so since her descent into the Underworld. Persephone suited her better than Kore, much better.

Judging from the way Cloves' ears perked up and smiled, he was intrigued by her presence here, so she was perfectly content to allow him to remain with her. It seemed though, for a moment, she was worried he wouldn't want to; as he connected the dots, he stared at her - whether in fear or awe, she couldn't tell.

Suddenly, he seemed to snap out of his stupor and quickly bowed his head so he was no higher than she was, offering her something of an apology that made her laugh. "Well, you wouldn't, would you? We've never met before. Besides, I tend to change my form every couple of centuries." Persephone reached out and placed a hand on his head. "If you stay like that, you'll become uncomfortable very quickly."

made by jaronart

@TAMMY @CLOVES
Feel free to take your time, Tammatee <3
PMEmail
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: May 16 2018, 09:11 PM

Persephone. Goddess of spring, changing seasons, living nature. Goddess of the Underworld. Cloves knew who she was, but now, up close, she looked... she smelled different than how he'd imagined she would be. Not that he had spent time imagining goddesses before. He knew the stories, of course, but standing this close to someone like her, it made him feel embarrassed about not recognizing her sooner.

>>"Well, you wouldn't, would you? We've never met before. Besides, I tend to change my form every couple of centuries."

Cloves' ears wiggled. Centuries? She would just look completely different? He felt a soft touch on his head, and he glanced up as Persephone's hand rested in his curls. His tail wiggled too.

>>"If you stay like that, you'll become uncomfortable very quickly."

She was so... nice. Cloves blushed.

"I didn't mean to hold you up" he said, stepping back "I just... really like the flowers. They are gorgeous. And... the singing. Can I watch?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.