Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Goodbye, tag Ella
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 06:55 AM
65 • Human [Half-Alive/Half-Dead] • Family • Wisconsin

black ink revenge

Throughout his lifetime Vlad had become someone inclined to believe in the impossible and improbable. The reason for this likely had to do with his very state. After all, it seemed rather foolish to dismiss the possibilities of things such as magic or fairy tales when his very being should be impossible. As such, when he had awoken yesterday with the most peculiar pull to visit Burgess, of all places, he did not dismiss it. Instead, he questioned and indulged the feeling. After all, it was what scientists did and what sort of man would he be if he did not hold to this nature?

Of course, figuring out where Burgess was. Despite having dreamed of the place, he could not recall having heard of the place before. He knew well enough that it had nothing to do with his work nor with Daniel. Only through research was he able to learn that it was a small town in Pennsylvania.

How...peculiar.

Curious, he arranged for a flight, creating the excuse that he would be looking into the prospect of business opportunities within the town for Vladco when he began arranging his schedule. Of course, it was all a bit ridiculous, since where he was going likely did not have the market for most of what he served. However, it was easily accepted, not only because he was the boss but because of his...eccentricities.

He had landed in a nearby town before driving to the town itself, making sure to settle himself at the hotel he was staying. Once he was done, he made his way into town. No doubt a bit of exploring was what he needed for this endeavor.

I'm drunk as a leech. Confessing my sins to an angel.

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 03:21 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella hadn't been quite the same since Ivan had left her at the farm house. Her chores had doubled and her stepmother had a constant watch on her. She'd finally been trusted at least a little bit to be able to leave and do errands on her own for the first time in weeks. tremaine had gone back to ordering her around as she had before with hardly anything relaxing whatsoever. Poor Ella was worked to the bone, even working through most of the night with more wicked ways and deeds from her stepmother mounting from the next. Truth be told she was quite excited as she finished her chores down town, arms full with new parcels for her stepsisters.

Her dress was of course in tatters, covered in cinders and dirt from her back breaking work in the farm. At least with her work she could have time for herself to imagine better. She didn't have anyone breathing down her neck as far as she could tell there. And this trip to the town was better than she could have imagined despite the work. Ella kept moving and had barely passed the old man who seemed quite distracted in his own way. She didn't want to bother him so she continued moving, certain that she wouldn't bother him anyhow. Besides, she had quite a few things to do still and wanted to keep moving. Perhaps she could even make time to find a bit of time for herself. Even if it only was for a few minutes.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 08:23 PM

black ink revenge

It was a bit difficult for Vlad to not notice the young woman as she passed by him. The girl held a soft look, a clear indication that she was either still in high school or had just crossed into the threshold of adulthood. However, her clothing was a mess. Not only was it torn up but it was also covered in ashes and dirt. He might have thought her homeless, if were not for the fact that she lacked the grime for it and her arms were full of parcels.

Something was quite off with this image and it sent red flags into the billionaire's mind.

Making a swift decision, a plan quickly began to formulate in his mind. Something was off and he was determined to discover what. Backpedaling a few steps, he turned his attention to her, offering her a kind smile. "Excuse me, do you need some help?"

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 02:54 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella had been lost in thought with her own worries, more focusing on the task at hand and how long it would take to get back home from where she was. She hadn't even noticed the older man truthfully but she was used to being ignored. So it was quite odd for her to see someone moving backwards and she almost hadn't even seen him at all. her eyes narrowed a little for a moment and she almost jumped when she realized that he was actually speaking to her. Wasn't he? How very strange. She was so used to the farm house and simply being ordered around after Ivan's disappearance that being spoken to in such a gentle way made her think twice.

What did he want anyhow? Surely he must really want something from her if he had stopped to notice her as no one else had. Then again she had come to expect that in Burgess. And sometimes she would rather be invisible than have to be pitied. She simply couldn't take anyone's pity these days after her hopes had been so high for that short amount of time. And yet she hadn't seen her prince since, the prince she had thought would finally rescue her.

Perhaps now she would have to find a way to rescue herself, if such a thing could even be done without free will. She stared at him for a moment, almost startled to think that he was actually talking to her and so politely. "Help? N-no, I'm fine, sir. Don't worry about me." She smiled weakly as she attempted to keep going, not wanting to be rude but she had quite a lot of things to get finished in a short amount of time.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 05:31 AM

black ink revenge

Vlad's worry only increased at the look that crossed the girl's face. While surprise was a rather normal reaction- in fact, it was one he was used to, as Daniel had often given it when he was younger- this was a bit different. A flurry of emotions seemed to sweep across the girl's face and he was quite sure that she looked a bit confused by his words. An offer for help was not something that one should be surprised by.

He was a bit confused by her last few words. "Pardon," he said, deciding not to push it. He had learned from his experience with Daniel, particularly when the boy had first come into his care, that forcing something did not always work. "I am afraid it is something of a habit. Might be a bit of empty nest syndrome."

He pursed his lips for a moment, knowing that the girl was going to scurry off if he didn't intervene. Eyeing her for just a moment, an idea came to mind. "Come with me."

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 04:27 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Empty nest syndrome. Ella had heard the term before of course but never to her. She'd wanted to leave the nest for so long and yet it never seemed to come for her. Was this the moment that it would finally come? She watched him, seeing kindness in his eyes, but something else as well. Ella wasn't sure just yet but she had a feeling that he wasn't awful. Then again perhaps it was her naivety still speaking through. For all she knew this fellow could be bad news and he was only teasing her to get her hopes up. But Ella didn't want to give up hope, not when he had actually said something so pleasant.

And that he seemed...worried. A complete stranger was worried about her. It was an odd thing truly but Ella didn't mind it for now. It was quite the change from what she had been experiencing with the harsh words and cold attitudes that her family showed towards her. Ella wondered if kindness would ever find her stepmother again and if some day she could truly change and become the gentle woman Ella knew she could be.

But then the stranger said something that gave her pause. She tried to fight it for a moment but before she knew it she was following right behind him without another word. She winced, each foot following right behind him despite what she truly wanted. "S-sir, I really do have a lot to do. I do appreciate you wanting to help but I'm all right. I promise. If you don't mind, I need to be getting back home."
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 05:15 PM

black ink revenge

It did not escape Vlad's mind that the young woman probably had somewhere to get to. The fact that it was home was not surprising, but it did make him wary. It would have been highly unlikely if she had a job to return to. No employer would want her dressed as she was and she was certainly not dressed in the manner for a job that would require hard work. As such, the problem was clearly at her home.

Obviously, he could not have her returning there- not now or for the foreseeable future. The matter would take some time, but he was a patient man, especially when he was dealing with something he wanted to put his time into. This just so happened to be one of those type of situations.

"Worry not," he said lightly, "I can deal with that." And he could. Even scum of the earth had a way of realizing there were certain people they should not cross. The world had a hierarchy and being a former politician and one of the richest men in the world tended to place him above others....as long as they were human, of course.

"For now though," he said, a smile crafting its way to his face, "Where would you like to go for clothing?"

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 03:41 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

She stayed close behind him, still worrying quite a bit that she was following a complete stranger that she had never met. For all she knew he could have other ideas. Then again the idea that someone was paying attention to her was still very confusing to poor Ella. He seemed pleasant at least and she could always tell a good soul when she saw was. Perhaps he truly meant well and he really did want to help her. How strange really. Ella wasn't very good at accepting help, especially when it came to someone like her. Of course there was still kindness in the world and possibly this stranger was proof of it.

She had stayed quiet the whole time, worried about what to say if he should be a terrible person who was simply taking advantage of her. Then he said something even stranger that Ella was not expecting at all. Clothes? she hadn't had new clothes in years. She'd only ever been given clothes from her stepsisters that they no longer wanted or left over scraps that her stepmother thought was better than nothing. After all, not too many people seemed to notice what she was wearing anyhow.

"Y-you want to take me to get clothes?" She suddenly felt very silly in her ashy clothes, knowing she did look quite homely. But she was used to this appearance, never really thinking anything else of it. "Sir, I don't really have any money for myself. And I only just met you. I couldn't possibly expect you to get me new clothes." No matter how kind a gesture it was, Ella felt terrible for costing him time and money. After all, he had better things to do and she wasn't even close to being done with all of her chores for the day. "As kind as that is, I don't think I could accept it-"
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 08:56 PM

black ink revenge

The young woman- though, it was likely that she was younger; she seemed to sit upon the threshold of youth and adulthood- was a rather nervous thing, quite concerned with his offer. He knew that most would have taken up his offer. People did tend to enjoy the offer of something that would be given. Then again, she seemed to think she would have to buy it. An understandable reaction, despite how unneeded it was.

She was a kind thing, was she not?

"I do not expect you to buy them," he said. Chances were that any money that had been on her had already been spent. If she still had some, she would more than likely get in trouble. It was a guess, but considering her appearance he doubted that whoever was taking such ill care of her would wish to have her spending what they saw as their money.

He did pause, turning around. "I have more than enough money to spend. Besides," he said, a soft smile coming to his face. "It is a gift. You would not turn down an old man's gift, would you?" He knew he was probably being a bit sly about this all, but he somewhat doubted that she would accept anything from him unless he made it all appear quite important to him.

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 03:34 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

He had told her to worry not as a gentle thing of course. Yet ever since the man had told her not to, Ella felt no more worry at all. She barely even felt concern for a situation that should have made her afraid. But something about him made her comfortable just the same and it was odd really. He was a complete stranger who hadn't even given his name yet but he was the kindest person she'd talked to in days. It was strange how things worked out the way they did. After all, she had been missing Ivan quite a bit and here was another kind stranger simply waltzing into her life when she least expected it. Surely, hope had a funny way of working around her.

"A gift? But sir, it's not that I don't want to accept your offer. It's just that I don't...I don't even know your name and well, I-" She didn't want to admit that she hadn't had a gift in years. It had been ages since she had received anything from someone else as she didn't want to give him reason to pity her. after all, she had a roof over her head and food to eat. A lot of folk didn't even have that and she wasn't about to insult them by appearing pitiful any time soon.

"I don't want to cause you trouble is all." Then she realized she hadn't even introduced herself either and she blushed deeply, feeling quite awkward. It had been so long since she'd had the chance to speak for herself. "I'm Ella Frell, by the way. I don't think I caught your name, sir. What was it?" She asked meekly, hoping he didn't mind her questions. Besides, he seemed like the decent type to assist her and go out of his way whether she wanted him to or not.
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 04:41 AM

black ink revenge

Vlad's gaze became sharp, a serious look crossing his face. "It would never be trouble," he said truthfully, "I would not offer something if I thought it might trouble myself." This was an undoubtable truth. He knew himself well enough to know that he was careful. He calculated everything, even in regards to his own wishes. He rarely offered things to others and when he did, he made sure to plan carefully. Such could be seen quite well in the example of Daniel. He had been one of the few he had offered something to and he had been quite meticulous every step of the way, despite Daniel's unwillingness to be party of Vlad's life.

He did pause, taking in the name. He would need to remember the name for later, no doubt. If he wished to help this girl, he would probably have to go about things through the legal process. As a result, he would need to know as much about her as he could. Thankfully, she had given a full name.

"Vladimir Masters," he introduced. While he kept his expression kind, he was curious. He could not know if this girl knew of him. After all, things like CEOs and richest men in the world were not always common knowledge. Though, there was a...hint of a chance. He had been quite flamboyant when he had gotten into politics. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Frell."

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 03:19 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The name didn't really ring a bell. Though she did notice that he appeared to be wearing nicer clothes than most and carried himself rather well. Perhaps he could afford to give clothes to a complete and total stranger on the street for all she knew. It was nice not to feel the need to worry and she almost felt relaxed around him which was a first for her. She knew she should feel odd being around someone she had only just met but she didn't. A pleasure to meet her. Ella smiled again, just happy to have some pleasantries with him anyhow. He didn't talk down to her and he didn't dismiss her. He was treating her as a real, human being and Ella wanted to treasure that feeling for quite some time to come.

"And a pleasure to meet you, sir. But...giving clothes to a stranger is not something most people do. I don't want to seem ungrateful at all. I just- I don't want to put you out of your way and I have so much to get done, you see." Ella was stuttering nervously now, close to worrying but his command kept her from going over the edge. He didn't seem the type to hurt anyone, let alone her. And why would he? It would be a strange trick to tempt her with clothing only to hurt her later. Why would anyone go so far as to do that?

"And I uh-it's been a very long time since I've shopped for myself and I don't think I even know how to do it." She admitted shyly, blushing a dark red. "It's silly but I just don't have time is all. I would waste a lot of yours just figuring out what to do. And besides, I don't need too many new clothes for the work I do. You really shouldn't worry about me."
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 06:44 AM

black ink revenge

Ella appeared to be relaxing somewhat in his company, as it became apparent that the stress and caution she had been exhibiting before were not as present. This was, in Vlad's opinion, a step in the right direction. After all, if he wished to go through with what he had planned, it would be best if she did not distrust him.

He chuckled at her words. "Well, I am not most people." This was a statement he knew to be true and in many ways. Even among the wealthy, he was considered rather peculiar, eccentric if they wished to be kind. However, even down to his DNA, he was unlike other humans. He was a stranger among those who should be familiar.

Vlad turned and began walking. "That is fine," he said lightly, "Consider it a new experience then." He glanced around, eyeing the stores around the strip center. Upon seeing one that caught his eye, he began walking in the direction of it.

He made no mention that the clothes were not for her work. He had a feeling that Ella was more of a...practical sort, no doubt because she was unused to receiving things. Instead, he only shook his head. "I will deal with whomever you are worried about." Even if his original purpose for becoming wealthy had never worked, it did have its uses. His name carried weight. Ella might not recognize his name, but he had a feeling that those who would be angry with her if she were late would. Even if they did not, money had its uses. It was quite useful at making certain problems...disappear.

He came to a stop in front of the store, pausing only to hold the door open for her. "After you," he said.

LULU
PM
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 04:58 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

She kept following him as per his earlier orders and yet his words were a whirlwind of everything at once. "I suppose I'm not most people either." She said with a small smile, unsure of what else to say at the moment. Having a full conversation was pleasant but incredibly overwhelming to someone like Ella and she was still getting used to it. A new experience indeed. Ella didn't even know what she liked to wear to be honest and had been in the same dress or uniform for so long that she didn't know what looked good anymore. Or if she should care about that sort of thing. Besides, back at home she wouldn't be able to wear nice things anyhow and she certainly wasn't allowed to nicer parties unless she was helping serve.

The idea of buying clothes for herself with someone else's money was boggling to be certain but she wanted to try it just the same. He seemed so eager to please her that it confused her all the more, especially that a stranger would actually care enough to insist on her happiness. "You'll deal with them? Oh no, sir, I couldn't possibly ask you to do such a thing. I mean...they're not all bad really. And besides they need me." Ella said carefully as she hoped that this fellow named Vlad Masters would listen to her. However, he seemed to have his own agenda too, an agenda Ella wasn't sure of just yet.

She stared at him for a moment as he opened the door for her to go inside. It was such a simple motion but Ella stopped without meaning to. It took a little bit longer to push herself to do so but she did step out in front of him and it felt so freeing that she didn't know how to respond to her own emotions on the matter. "Oh...well uh, thank you, sir. Wh-where do I go? I don't think I've ever been here before."
PM
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 05:35 AM

black ink revenge

Vlad returned her smile with his own, rather pleased that she had found some solace in the mere sentence. After all, he was sure that she needed some happiness in her life. Moreover, it was, in his opinion, good that she could at least find something pleasant about her life, especially since he was that there might be little to be happy about if his suspicions were correct.

Something tugged at his cold heart. It was a similar feeling as to when Daniel had come into his care or whenever his godson was feeling particularly miserable. He knew it well, even if he did not feel it for others very often. "Except," he started, casting his gaze towards her, "There is no reason for you to ask. Besides, I did...offer." It was the wrong word, but he imagined it to be one more comfortable options that he could use.

He rose an eyebrow at her last sentence, wondering at the words. "Oh? Why is that?" he queried, before casting her a smile, "Ah- I do apologize if it is a bit...intrusive. I just do not get to speak of family often. My own godson is long out of the house, so I do not see him as often."

As they came to the shop, he found himself growing a bit confused. The young woman's actions became relatively peculiar. She came to a stop and took what have been nearly a minute to step in front of him, entering the shop. Quickly, he entered the shop with her.

He made an absent sound in response as he considered the question. The girl seemed to be fairly lost about this all. She had said that she had never shopped before, so chances were that she had no idea about what to buy.

Though...chances were that she might have some idea about what she wished she could where. He supposed he could start from there.

He turned his attention back to her. "Miss Frell, what type of clothing do you wish you had?"

LULU
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.