Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What's an IKEA?..., Grumpflower
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 06:25 AM
A Good Few • Fairy • Wishes • Secret Garden

Wish it...Dream it...Do it

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true
Oh, dear. Well, that had not gone at all like she'd thought. Which, really, she should have expected, she supposed. After all, while she hadn't lied, she'd sort of skirted around the truth of the matter. It was only natural that Kay would have noticed that. Especially since she wasn't exactly the kind whose expressions lent themselves to the keeping of secrets. She was very much a heart on her sleeve individual, don't you know?

Currently, her expression switched to slightly alarmed and she shook her head. "Oh, no. No, no, not at all. Well...yes, I suppose, but not really." She laid her hand on his arm, smiling warmly. "Did you know that date trees represent trust? That's something paramount to any decent relationship, to be sure, so there's that, yes? But I think the dates you heard about...well, they're really more like calendar dates, you see? It's like...hmm...appointments, I suppose? It's a little hard to explain."

She shifted her weight from foot to foot, trying to find the words to explain it. "A date is sort of an agreement between two people to meet up at a certain time on a certain day to spend time with each other. Like this. With us...right now. At least, I think this would count?" She certainly counted it as such, even if this was, technically speaking, a business outing. "I know this isn't, strictly speaking, a romantic venture, since we're working, but I really don't think conventional so-called romance is fully necessary to qualify a date?" She didn't exactly have a whole lot of experience to compare against, though, so she supposed she could have been wrong. At least by traditional definitions, but well...traditional wasn't really a term that fit what she and Kay had.

She gave him a smile then, though it was a little strained. She rather felt she might have rambled there and she felt bad that she'd caused him to think he'd done something wrong. He hadn't, even if he had acted in misunderstanding, and she really wanted him to know that she appreciated his efforts. "I'm sure they'll be delicious, Kay. Sweet, just like you." She stood on her toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek, right on the border of his skin and the scruff of his beard. "And thank you, really. I'm sorry I avoided explaining; I didn't want you to feel bad." The fairy blushed then, ducking her head and brushing a curl behind her ear. "Also, you're rather cute when you're baffled."

To: @TAMMY @SIR KAY || Words: 421 || Notes: Girl has no poker face
girlwhowaited @ (shine)(cttw)

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 05:40 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Kay did not mean to put Desiree on the spot. She was happy with their walk in the woods, and generally happy to be around him, which was, frankly, rather baffling. But he also hated to be the only one missing a joke, and it seemed like this time the joke was on him, somehow.

>> "Oh, no. No, no, not at all. Well...yes, I suppose, but not really."

Kay arched an eyebrow.

>>"Did you know that date trees represent trust? That's something paramount to any decent relationship, to be sure, so there's that, yes?"

The other eyebrow followed. Kay had the creeping feeling that he had done something seriously wrong, if Desiree was rambling this much. She had to realize she was not getting around the issue, because eventually, she gave up.

>>"But I think the dates you heard about...well, they're really more like calendar dates, you see? It's like...hmm...appointments, I suppose? It's a little hard to explain."

Calendar dates.
Appointments.
Obviously.

Kay resisted the urge to slap himself in the face from the revelation. Of course it wasn't the stupid fruit. Romance really took a toll on him for someone whose Center was bloody common sense...

>>"A date is sort of an agreement between two people to meet up at a certain time on a certain day to spend time with each other. Like this. With us...right now. At least, I think this would count? I know this isn't, strictly speaking, a romantic venture, since we're working, but I really don't think conventional so-called romance is fully necessary to qualify a date?"

How could it possibly be fruit?...

>>"I'm sure they'll be delicious, Kay. Sweet, just like you. And thank you, really. I'm sorry I avoided explaining; I didn't want you to feel bad. Also, you're rather cute when you're baffled."

She kissed him on the cheek, and made things somehow magically better. If he had not known better, Kay would have thought she was using a spell. Not like she needed to. He sighed, deflating a little from his self-chastising.

"Well, those are two things I have not been called before." he admitted. Sweet and cute, indeed. Arthur would never let him live that down. "Thank you for explaining. For Guardian of Common Sense, I can be remarkably slow sometimes. But I guess you already know that."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.