Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Flicks With Friends, Tag West~
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 01:12 AM
38 • Human • Promises • N/A

What a giant colossal dork face

Edward took one last look in the mirror, giving himself a quick once-over, a quick little check-up and check-out. He tilted his head, raising it just slightly and turning it just slightly one way, then the other - and there it was, that one sweet angle where he looked like a damn beast. He parted his lips ever so slightly, setting his jaw, giving himself a half-lidded come hither sort of look. Not that he was actually planning on using such a deadly expression tonight, they were just watching movies, nothing romantic. ….Then again if he grabbed something romantic he could make this a date, but nah. That wasn’t the point here. Sure he was single and searching and shit, but eh...too soon for an actual date. And he did have standards; a fling was fine for him, but he wasn’t so keen on the idea with a single mom. She’d already lived that, no need to put her through hell for it. Women tended to get judged a lot shittier for behaviour like that and he really didn’t feel like being used against the gal.

He stepped back, looking himself over for a fourth time now. He was wearing a regular green and white sweatervest, beige khakis, and his usual brown shoes. He had a hairband just in case, but….meh, he was kinda digging the long, shaggy look. It went well with his beard. He pulled a comb through it, before he was off and pulling a jacket on. He’d told Carter where he’d be, and had his phone on him; it wasn’t that long of a drive - if anything happened, he had his phone on vibrate and he’d be notified immediately. He kept that in his pants pocket, just so that he didn’t wind up forgetting it in the coat and then realize “oh that’s been ringing this whole time”. Yeah. But now, he was ready - just needed to grab his wallet, aaaaaand the movies that he planned on bringing, too. Because….sure it was great and all he was gonna watch this….Lady and the Tramp or whatever, but this was an opportunity to open up both of their viewing habits, wasn’t it? She’d probably never seen a noir flick before. This was his chance. He’d grabbed some really old choices; The Naked City, Sunset Boulevard, and then this one he’d seen once before, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It was this weird combination of animation and live action that’d be a nice way to break between the two.

Oh and he also had some beer. They were adults and all. It was a not half bad bottle of wine and everything.

He gave himself one last look - was it the fifth or sixth? He’d lost track now - and finally he hit the road, driving his way to the address that was West’s house. Jeez….hah. He was getting unexpectedly antsy. Not in a big way or anything, but he was getting that slight ‘oh shit I’m going to a woman’s house for the first time’ jitter. But, then he reminded himself they were just being casual, nothing more than that, and it was fine. He parked neatly in her driveway, stepping out and grabbing both the bag of movies and the bottle of wine, tucking one under each arm and shutting the door. He cleared his throat, edging his way towards the door, pressing the little bell with his thumb.

He did his best to recreate that most attractive angle he’d memorized in front of the mirror in real life as he heard footsteps approaching the door. He managed a pretty natural, pretty nice, smile as the door was opened.

”Hey, hope you don’t mind that I brought a few movies of my own, too.”

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 08:54 AM
24 • Human • Contentment • Burgess, Pennsylvania

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
How cyooooooot <3
A sweeter life...
I miss the conversation I’m searching for a song tonight I’m changing all of the stations
Bustling around the small condo, the woman was glad she was at least a semi-neat person when it came to her home. There was the usual clutter here and there, stacks of books forgotten to be put away, shoes placed in the entry way, some stray toys gathered in one place. Easily picked up and placed in their designated spot, where West didn't have to fret about it until later.
It was all going well, the house was spick and span, the movie was already in the Blu-Ray player, and Ianthe was occupied with her stuffed bear, Rutherford, in the living room, already dressed in her matching bear onesie. Juice boxes and bottles of water were set out on the coffee table, along with some bowls of chips and other snack foods.

Checking the clock in the kitchen, West brushed off her pants with a gentle sigh of relief that everything was done. Edward was going to be here in a few minutes, so that gave her at least a little time to make herself look semi-decent.
Heading into the bathroom, she was quick to run a brush through her hair a few times, checking her light eyeliner and mascara combo to affirm that everything was still in tact. A small smile tugged at her lips, as she adjusted the long sleeve white tee-shirt she wore, and tugged the light cut-off jeans up higher onto her waist. Perfect.

At the sound of the knock on the door, West was quick to head over, stretching her arms above her head on her way over before opening the door. A friendly smile pulled at her lips at the familiar face, who smiled back at her.
"Hey there," She greeted him, before looking down at the bag held in one of his arms, she made to nod before the pitter patter of small feet reached her ears, along with a light weight being pressed against her legs suddenly.

Gaze drifting down, the small form of Ianthe hid behind West, holding onto her pant legs and peaking out from behind her up at Edward. Wide, dark brown eyes half-shielded by the hood with bear ears pulled up onto her head and over her wavy light brunette hair, she merely blinked up at him for a moment, before West moved a hand down to pat her head gently.
"Say hi to Edward, Ianthe." She spoke softly down to the child, who pressed her cheek against her leg more, before whispering a small 'hi' to Ed.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: May 1 2017, 12:46 AM

SCREAMS A BIT

He tried to imagine what her house was actually going to look like. He had this image in his head - like something that was kinda quaint, but also not anything that was expensive or fancy. Sort of a nice, neighbourly townhouse or something. Maybe flowers out front? She probably had a garden. Not a big one, but a garden. And on the inside...he was picturing earthy tones, with maybe a bit of pizzazz. Yeah she had pink somewhere, he was pretty sure. Pink accents - on the furniture maybe? The walls? And then the kid’s room was probably all pastel. She probably had a small TV, one of those cute old square ones. And a big deep couch that let you lay almost completely backward on it. Oh man he hoped she had one of those.

It was kinda funny, trying to imagine the sort of house she lived in. He didn’t know much about her decorative tastes, and trying to base it on her interests….suddenly he was just imagining a house filled with explosions and cars. And exploding cars.

Nah. Not the kind of place you’d wanna live in. Though he had a feeling that if he told her about his little vision, she’d want to live in it. She seemed like that kind of quirky lady. That alone was pretty charming.

He gave a nice, award-winning smile as West made her approach, opening his mouth to speak….only to stop when he heard the definite sound of much smaller footsteps. That was….oh man, was it Ianthe? He blinked, straightening up completely as if the kid had caught him kissing her mother. Shit, maybe bringing wine was a bad idea? Fuck. Well he could just give it as a gift then. That worked too. He smiled as the little girl - and oh god was she cute - wrapped herself around her mother’s legs. She was small, looked a lot like her mom and she was wearing…..a onesie with bear ears on it.

That.

Was.

The.

Cutest.

Thing.

Ever.

Ed crouched down slowly, smiling. He didn’t reach out or anything, just smiled at the kid. ”Well hi there, Ianthe.” He had a big, goofy dad grin on his face; for all the snark and sardonic sass in his attitude, kids always had a soft spot with him. ”Your mom’s showing me Lady and the Tramp today, because I’ve never seen it before. Have you?” He gestured his bag ever so slightly toward West, allowing her to take hold of it at her leisure. Hooopefully he could distract the kid from looking at the wine bottle in there.

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: May 3 2017, 08:54 AM

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
Ugh how adorable
A sweeter life...
I miss the conversation I’m searching for a song tonight I’m changing all of the stations
Company was not something West had over very much, in the last few months that is. It wasn't often somebody stopped by, that wasn't her family. Usually it was just her mom every once and awhile, or one of her brothers coming by for quick hello. Sometimes she had friends over, but-...they were all single moms from the support group she went to.

Man, West needed more friends. Well, she did have friends. Just-...less of the single mom variety.

With the prospect of a new set of eyes seeing the inside of her home, the place she had made her's and Ianthe's, it was a bit....not nerve-wracking, not that specifically, it did make her a wee bit nervous however. What would he think of it?
Everything was clean and tidy, but the home definitely looked lived in. The walls of the condo, just a plain white with light brown accents, were hung with framed photos and different posters. Artwork she picked up from the thrift store hung up around the place too. Hey, she had taste, okay?

The home was a bright place, comforting and welcoming to any new guest. The furniture was muted earthen tones, worn yet neat and comfy. Toys of a few different varieties gathered here and there, usually pushed up against the walls or in containers, out of the way. Different potted plants could found within too, somehow the young woman found the time to keep them alive even with her busy schedule.

But before he saw all of that, West stood at the door, smiling down at her daughter as she surveyed Edward for the first time. She was always a bit shy at first, simply cautious to any new strangers, but she was always quick to warm up to just about anybody. It made West feel a bit more at ease, Ianthe was a careful child, but not one that would hide behind her forever.
Her heart practically melted -scratch that, it did indeed melt- when the conversation between the four year old and Ed took place. With him saying 'hi' in return, the child seemed to bury further into her mother's leg, until his next sentence drew her back out. Ianthe nodded her head, wavy locks of hair bouncing underneath the bear hood.

"Yeah-..." Her voice came out in soft high pitch tones, while West looked up towards the bag being held out to her. Taking it with a soft, knowing smile, she peaked in it while Ianthe suddenly beamed with a bright, toothy smile, a soft lisp within her voice. "Mummy showed it to me before and-...an' it's with doggies! Talking doggies!" Ianthe would moved forward with a bounce of her feet, reaching out with a small hand and clasping it onto his arm.

"I will watch with!" The soft-spoken little girl declared, tugging on his arm gently while West slipped the bag's handle to rest in the crook of her elbow, pushing the door all the way open and motioning inside with a warm smile.
"Make sure not to pull too roughly on Mister Edward, sweet pea." The young woman gently reminded her daughter, who nodded and stopped tugging on him, but still held onto his arm. Looking towards Edward, West nodded as she motioned inside. "Come on in, I've got everything set up in the living room."

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: May 5 2017, 06:57 PM

Ffs it's TOO CUTE CANNOT HANDLE

Ianthe seemed like a careful child. Actually she wasn’t too far from how Carter had been when he was that age. Small, curious of the world but….also not willing to just jump right into it. She needed a safety net, just like Carter had in those days. For her, it was her mom. He did his best to be cautious, and restrained - he wanted to show her that no, she didn’t have to come out if she didn’t want to, and it was okay to snuggle her mom. That was usually the best way to deal with little kids - getting them to make the first move. And sure enough, eventually she did, with the brightest, cutest smile on her face.

”Talking doggies, is it?” he asked, trying to keep the heart palpatations down as the kid grabbed his arm oh my god that was too cute. She had such little hands, he could fit hers right in his own and curl his fingers around it. She was so small! God, she was...argh, all those memories of a Carter that size, it made him nostalgic. He chuckled as the little girl started tugging on his arm - man, she was much more energetic than little Carter had been - and then he….entered the premises.

Well he’d been somewhat right about the earthy tones. Only it was a lighter home than he’d anticipated - he’d expected more muted colours, darker even, like this rich chestnut kinda look. But instead it was white with these delicate brown accents. Although….the decorum wasn’t quite what he expected, definitely not. Photos? Yes, he figured there’d be lots of those. Actually he expected to be looking at Ianthe on every wall. Instead, there was….yes, lots of Ianthe and some of her too but beyond that, there was like...artwork and posters. He almost might have thought that she was just a college student renting the place if he didn’t know any better.

Then again, mid-to-late twenty-somethingers were still college students? Yeah….

Then again, the plants sort of inverted that image; the number of potted plants she had would have made him guess this was someone in their late forties. She really had design choices all over the age spectrum. It brought a little smirk to his face. He didn’t even notice the sudden and short chastising that went from mother to daughter, but he did notice the girl’s hand no longer yanking on him. Which was sad in one way, but hey, it freed him up. ”You can absolutely watch it with us.” he declared with a cheeky little grin. And maybe she should sit between her mother and Ed; just as a….er, safety precaution. To keep them from achieving first base, so to speak.

He meandered his way into the living room, looking around with a curious eye. ”So how is it that dogs talk in this movie? Now I need to know.”

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: May 7 2017, 10:29 AM

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
Movie time~
A sweeter life...
Surveying Ianthe chattering to Ed, West could feel a certain fondness begin to appear within her. It was a quiet kind, one the single mom couldn't quite place when her gaze shifted from her daughter to her friend.
But, she decided to shelve that little flickering in the back of her mind for right now, like it held any importance. This was just a simple get-together to watch a movie, nothing more, nothing less.

"Uh-huh!" The small child spouted back, high-pitched voice somehow holding a sweet yet spunky tonality to it. She toddled forward in her bear onesie, towards the door with the man in tow, hood pulled over dangerously close to blocking her eyesight.
Of course, West was quick to smoothly reach down, pushing it gently out of her eyes as to avoid any accidents as she passed by.

Following along after the two, West brushed her hands to smooth out her pants habitually, a small sigh of relief leaving her quietly. She'd told Ianthe about Ed, of course she had, just little mentions here and there.
West had really hoped she would take to him, not that she wasn't a child that liked people easily. That had been a silly little worry, it seemed.

Entering into the living room, a room with a rather home-y feel to it much like the rest of the house, West was quick to breeze into her mom mode, bustling about and setting things into their right place, double and triple checking things.
Swiftly setting the bag with the wine on the coffee table, by the other juice, water, and snacks there, mentally deciding to save that for when Ianthe went to bed later.
With that out of the way, young woman walked over to the Blu-Ray player, below the rather decently sized TV, she quickly switched it on.

Looking over to Ed, she motioned with her head to both the dark brown couch that could seat at least three or four people, or a stray, comfy looking chair situated near the other wall of the room.

"Take your pick, but I call dibs on one side of the couch." West casually said, looking to fiddle with the player while the child tottered over to the middle of the room, flopping down near a haphazardly placed blanket and bear, which she pulled both into her lap to snuggle.
"Mommy says it's Disney Magic~!" Ianthe chimed from her spot on the floor, near the tv, where she shifted in place to look up at Edward. "Sometimes I wish doggies could talk to me. But I swear my stuffie pet dog Bill can speak and fly, I heard him go bark-bark!" She looked up earnestly at the man, dark eyes wide with innocence, while her mother simply smiled knowingly as she switched the TV on.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: May 9 2017, 11:33 PM

Tfw new headcanon of Loppity is born

Oh, boy. This kid...she was adamant to yank him through the house, wasn’t she? And here Ed was sorta trying to keep himself at her level while also being able to walk. He was at this awkward sort of hunched position, his back rounded forward as he trundled along behind her with a dopey grin on his face. There weren’t a whole lot of things that made their way to Edward’s heart; children were one of those very sparse few. They were always able to make him smile, even on the most shitshow days.

He smirked up as a sudden West-hand swept in and pulled the little one’s hood from her face. Probably better that way, she was kinda parading him around the house; if she couldn’t see, that….well that was a disaster waiting to happen. Course, he wouldn’t let her run into a wall, he was definitely stronger than her and could stop her in her tracks if he wanted - just by planting his feet he could pretty much leave her stationary. But, thanks to Mom, she could now see perfectly fine - well enough to lead both adults into the….Movie Room, he supposed.

God, it’d been too long since he was actually in another person’s house. That was what ya got for not actually keeping up with most friends. It was kinda refreshing, to be visiting with people again. Made him feel younger.

She had a really nice living room though, definitely he had to give her that. And clean? It was a lot cleaner than his house. He wasn’t a slob or anything, but recently uh...cleaning hadn’t been exactly his focus. He eyed West as she took the bag with…...adult-water, and set it down with the other stuff. He’d definitely be calling it adult-water if Ianthe asked, not that he anticipated she would. That stuff was probably going on hold until after the kiddo was off to bed. He hummed as Ianthe led him to the couch, eyeing the nice, even boastful, LCD screen. Heck, it was nice and even sleek. He offered a smirk as West told him to take a seat, nodding his head in affirmation before sauntering over to the right side of the couch. He always favoured the right side, even at home. He flopped down, leaning back and crossing one leg over the other, his left arm swinging up over the back of the sofa to just sort of hang. He watched Ianthe totter towards a blanket and the...fuzziest looking little bear he’d seen. That thing was cute.

So, she called it Disney Magic. That was cute. Hey, if you called it magic, anything was real.

Even teenage swan girls.

Nope, nope, don’t think about that, today is fun times.

”Bill flies, does he? Did you see him fly? Because if he does, that’s one magical discovery, I think. I know…” He hushed up, lowering a little down toward her. ”...I know for a fact that my stuffed bunny from when I was a kid was a secret spy. I always found him hiding in weird places! His name was Loppity. I bet he’s sneaking around back home right now….” ...He still had that neon pink bunny rabbit. It was well-worn, but he’d held onto it for...old-time’s sake. But, now wasn’t time for reminiscing. It was time for….watching a movie about talking dogs.

And man, just from the opening alone…..it looked so old. He quirked a brow, settling in and reaching for the chip bowl. ”Are these hand-drawn or what?”

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: May 13 2017, 09:58 AM

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
And it begins!
A sweeter life...
Quietly, West was practically glowing with how glad she was to how Ianthe was taking to Edward. And vice versa as well, the man seemed to practically adore the child the very moment she started speaking, which was absolutely adorable in her eyes.
As she dragged him through the house, West was sure to keep an eye on the child, rudeness would not be excused in her eyes, and she would be sure to step in swiftly if Ed looked the slightest bit uncomfortable.

But, he seemed to love it, so that was great! Also, she did not trust a four year old with a hood covering her eyes, leading a tall, lanky adult man through the small condo. So West quickly fixed that situation as well.
Crouching by the DVD player, the single mom simply listened to the two speak to eachother. The child's voice soft, yet high pitched with excitement while she cuddled her bear and spoke to Edward about the magic of Disney and stuffed animals that talked.
A bright smile slipped across her face, while she quietly stood up, pressing play upon the Blu-Ray player, and grabbing the remote to flip through the ads. Taking a seat on the left side of the couch, West tucked her legs up against her upon her seat, while she leaned an elbow against the armrest on the side of the couch.

"...I-...I did see him fly, I swear!" Ianthe's excited voice spoke over the sound of the quiet trailer for other kids movies in the background, while West fast forwarded through each one. A sense of wonder took to the child's face while she scooted a bit closer on the floor as Edward spoke to her.
"R....really?" Her eyes widened at the secret spy stuffed animal deemed Loppity, the legend truly amusing to her. So much so, that she sat up straight, holding Rutherford to her chest with as much of a firm tone a four year old could muster.

"I want to meet Loppity! Momma, I want to meet him!" West's gaze flicked over to her daughter with a smile, while the main menu for the movie appeared upon the screen. Glancing over at Ed as she pressed play, a quirk of her eyebrow followed.
"If you ask nicely, I'm sure Mr. Edward would let you meet him." She sent a playful wink his way, before moving to set the remote on the side table by her side of the couch. Quickly, the child seemed to quiet up as the opening title began, with the movie beginning with dedicating the film to all dogs.

As the snowy, pleasant scene displaying a sleepy neighborhood in the midst of Christmas began to play upon the screen, with the gentle voice of the man singing in the background, West looked towards Ed with a small nod, settling back in her seat as she grabbed a bowl of popcorn set on the end table beside her.
"Yep, all of it, I believe." She sighed dreamily, it really was a pretty movie, while slipping a handful of popcorn into her mouth, chewing quietly.

As the scene of the lead dog as a puppy appeared on the screen, she smiled softly, snuggling in for the long haul as Ianthe sat entranced by the first few minutes of the movie. West could only hope Edward liked it as well.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: May 22 2017, 02:38 AM

Omg please this guy

No, no, this wasn’t a date. Not in the slightest. Buuuut, that said, it didn’t mean that he didn’t want to keep the...uh, uh. The door open? The..yeah, that was the right phrase. Probably. Anyway, basically, he wanted to leave options open here. So getting in good with the kid totally added to that. Of course, he just...in general had always wanted to actually meet Ianthe? After hearing about her she just sounded like such a doll. And seeing her, now, in a cute as hell little bear onesie it...really brought him back to the days when Carter had been just as small. He remembered when he’d carry Carter around in his arms, or like in the middle of the day he’d take a nap on the couch with a small Carter lying on his chest and he’d...wake up and there’d be this sleeping kid on him. And it was the cutest thing ever.

So meeting this little cheeky thing was a real throwback. Alternate motives aside.

He could tell that Ianthe was a shy type, but it seemed like she’d taken to him okay. She wasn’t nearly as shy as Carter had been, and was even bold enough to try to drag him around. He did make sure to pull himself back enough that it didn’t let her scream around corners too fast; he was sort of using himself as an anchor, just in case she came close to corners. No good getting the kid hurt, after all.

Once they finally settled down though, it was time for a trip down memory lane. Loppity was...this flat, pink bunny that he’d gotten one year on Easter. He was maybe five, four or five. He still had Loppity, somewhere. It wasn’t super soft or anything, but it was his favourite stuffy for a while. It had these light pink eyes and a mouth and super pointy whiskers, and at the time, it had been the best thing he’d had. No real reason as to why, but Loppity was just…”that one toy”. The favourite, the one he always slept with. It was kinda a sentimental thing for him now, because Loppity was from a time when everything was okay between his mum and dad. Before the...blow-up shit-show that fucked over everything. Although, he did get a half-sister out of that mess, and honestly, he liked her. So he couldn’t complain too much about all that.

Edward’s eyes stayed on Ianthe even as the ads kept going. She was really amazed at his story. Maybe he was gonna have to bring Loppity to meet her. Which meant….digging through boxes of old shit he never unpacked. Well, whatever. If it meant a smiling kid, it was totally worth it. ”I’ll bring him to see you. How’s that sound?” he chirped, even as West took a seat next to him.

His eyes went to the screen and he hummed. In dedication….to all dogs. That was pretty cute. He lazed backward, going for the snacks as a...oh, Christmas? Scene showed on the screen. Huh, maybe this wasn’t the right season to be watching this movie. As soon as West set down the popcorn, he yanked it across and held it with a gloating look on his face, only relinquishing it after he’d grabbed a hefty handful. ”Thaff rly coo.” he muttered, through his handful of popcorn. Legitimately hand-drawn movies - those were seriously old-fashioned, but he had a lot of respect for the people who could do that.

When he saw the puppy, he couldn’t help but smile. God, dogs were cute, but….animated ones with big eyes? Those were even fucking cuter. He hummed, reaching for more popcorn - though this time he didn’t steal the bowl. ”....Okay but I have to ask. How long was the puppy in there? That’s totally animal cruelty. I’m...just saying. At least put air holes in ya know what I’m saying?” Course, he had a stupid grin on his face the whole time.

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 09:38 AM

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
These dorks~
A sweeter life...
It was a good thing, to have adult figures in your life. Growing up, West had plenty. Her various aunts, uncles, older cousins and their families. Her mom and dad, grandpa and grandma. She'd been surrounded. Having her family be there when she needed them, while they guided her along the way, that had shaped who she was.

With Ianthe, West had always been a little scared. Terrified that she would grow up being lonely and feeling unloved as a child, that had been, and still was, her worst fear. She remembered this, as she watched her kid beaming up at Edward, delighted at the tale of Loppity and elated at the very chance to meet him.

A soft smile pulled at her lips, while she watched them from her vantage point on the couch. That fear was a silly one, she would never let it conquer her....ever. Ianthe would grow up with a normal childhood, surrounded by adult figures in her life that supplied her with enough love and guidance to shape her into a good person. West would fight tooth and nail for that, and she would win.

"Yay!" The small girl cheered as Ed said he would bring Loppity to meet her. Practically bouncing with delight, a toothy grin upon her face, the little girl settled back down onto her place upon the floor.

While she slipped a few pieces of popcorn into her mouth, setting the bowl down with her eyes glued to the screen. West hardly noticed as the bowl was suddenly stolen away, her eyes flicking over to see Edward stuffing a handful of popcorn into his mouth. Snorting, as she took the bowl back, the young woman stuffed a handful into her mouth as well.

"Y'thinkth tho?" She murmured back to him, grinning as she chewed her mouthful and swallowed. Slipping a few more pieces into her mouth, she returned her gaze back to the screen.

Moving to hold the bowl out to him as he reached for more popcorn, she decided to set it on the space on the couch between the two of them. At his comment, she slowly turned her gaze on him with a raised eyebrow. Meanwhile, Ianthe seemed practically glued to the screen.

"Don't question it, it's Disney Magic.~" A sarcastic coo slipped into her tone at the end, while she grinned at him.

As the movie led on to show Lady's shenanigans when she was younger, the scene being the one where she whines about having to sleep by herself, West smiled, tucking her legs in a bit closer. She always thought this scene was a cute one. Her hand drifted over to the popcorn, as the scene shifted to when Lady was now older.
"Disney movies are so cute." She mused quietly, taking a handful of popcorn and promptly stuffing it into her mouth.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 01:13 AM

Suddenly he likes this dog idea.

Well, now he’d gone and said it hadn’t he? He was gonna have to start digging through dust-filled boxes in the dark corners of the basement housing the oldest of dust bunnies to find that stupid rabbit. Ah well. Honestly, it was worth it if it meant making this kid smile. Hell, he’d even be willing to give her Loppity, that old guy was..well he’d outgrown his use for Carter, and right now he was basically just...sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust mites probably.

...He was gonna need a wash before he went to Ianthe.

He grinned smugly past his mouthful of popcorn as West gave him a look. Honestly, she’d just left the popcorn wide open for stealing; of course he was gonna kidnap it for a while. It was a dude thing. Or at least, he thought it was. He did remember, before things got fucky, watching movies with his mom and dad and...how dad would steal the popcorn sometimes.

Course, maybe he was wrong. Because the second the popcorn bowl was out of his captivity, West had stuffed her own cheeks with it. She looked like a chipmunk. He kinda wanted to snicker, except that...he probably looked about the same, just...with a beard. A bearded chipmunk. He didn’t bother stealing the popcorn bowl this time, instead just reaching around to grab directly from the bowl. This time, it was his turn to smirk; she was talking with her mouth full. Hey, at least he was refined enough to wait till after he swallowed to speak. What was West born in the slums?

Disney magic. Jeez, man, was that gonna be her answer to everything? Please. “Disney magic”. Next thing he was gonna find out that they were actually real human princesses that got transformed into dogs because of “Disney Magic”. Man.

He found himself settling down - enough that, for a moment, he actually forgot about the popcorn - as the next scene played. Shit, this was supposed to be a cartoon. Why was he feeling actual...like, real emotions, for a cartoon puppy? Now, granted she was pretty cute, but still, it was a cartoon. The scene was….kinda weird; like it was a cute scene and all, but it was also kinda sad? The poor thing didn’t want to sleep alone. He’d never remembered the sound of a puppy crying, but god that sound just….made him want to scoop her up and hold her. He pressed his lips together, coughing lightly. Agh…

He reached over toward the popcorn bowl, pausing when he felt the brush of skin against his fingertips. He blinked, retracting his hand slowly and turning to smirk at West. ”Yeah, alright, I’ll agree to that. It’s pretty cute.”

When they got to the newspaper scene, he couldn’t help but let out a genuine chuckle. ”Alright, okay. I need a dog now. Just for that. Can she wreck my phone? That’s where half the news comes from…”

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 10:13 AM

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
THE BANTER
A sweeter life...
So, this definitely wasn't her first time seeing Lady and the Tramp. In fact, West was pretty sure the amount of times she had seen the movie could probably be counted on both of her hands, and maybe on a few toes on one of her feet as well. It had been her mom's favorite movie growing up, so she was sure to show it to West and her siblings a lot.
Because of this, West was cool with letting Edward react out loud to the movie as it went through the scenes. She didn't really mind, it was kind of hilarious even. The stealing of the popcorn was pretty funny too, only a little annoyance appearing within her as she stole it back after a moment.

Disney Magic. Of course she was going to say that as a response, whenever he tried to apply logic to the movie. There was no logic to this, probably, it was just a simple love story about two talking dogs. Plus, she didn't want Ianthe to be disheartened, the little bugger still believed her stuffed doggies secretly conversed behind her back, whenever she wasn't in the room.

Popping a few pieces of popcorn into her mouth, West idly chewed as she allowed herself to be drawn back into the movie. This wasn't her favorite scene, when Lady was crying about sleeping alone. The little sad puppy noises had made her pretty heartbroken as a kid, and even now it wasn't her favorite thing to watch.

The sound of a soft cough drew her attention, and a small grin slipped onto her lips at the sight of Edward's face. Ohohoho, now the stoic was showing emotion? She laughed quietly, attempting to stifle it as she reached a hand for the popcorn bowl with her eyes shifting back towards the screen...

A warm hand suddenly touched her own, a brief touch of soft fingertips on the back of her hand was enough to draw her gaze. Blinking, West let her gaze zone in on the accidental touch, alarm bells going off on her head.

OH NO! THIS WAS WAY TOO CLICHE! IT WAS THE CLASSIC "REACH FOR THE POPCORN BOWL AT THE SAME TIME" TRICK, NONONONONONO-

Attempting to hold back any sort of snarky comment and smother any feelings that made her heart palpitate at a worryingly fast speed, West slowly drew her hand back as well, moving it to rest upon her lap with her other hand. Instead, a smile to match Ed's own slipped onto her face, as he agreed.
"Ha! So you do think it's adorable." A victorious grin appeared on her lips, while sudden movement from Ianthe drew her gaze. The girl had pushed up to her feet, bear held in one arm and an unopened squeezable applesauce in her hands as she toddled on over to her mom. She must've grabbed it from the coffee table when West wasn't paying attention.

"Mama? Can you help open this? It's stuck." The curly-haired child asked, holding out the little packet to West. With a small smile, West nodded, moving to unscrew the little plastic top that was sometimes tricky to open.
With a toothy grin, the little girl whispered her thanks. Taking the now opened applesauce from her mom as West ruffled her hair before she walked away to go sit down again.

"No problem kiddo." West said, before her gaze shifted over to Ed as he spoke. Oh, they were to that scene already? Her eyes quickly glanced over to the screen, before a soft laugh escaped her. Oh right, Lady practically destroyed the center of the newspaper.
"Newspaper I get, but your phone? Wouldn't that be kind of expensive?" The young woman teased, reaching to the side and grabbing a bottle of water from the end table. Cracking it open, she took a small sip, to wash away the taste of buttery popcorn from her mouth.
"But knowing you, I'd think you protect your phone with your life." Of course, she was only giving him a hard time, looking over at him with a cheesy grin while she sipped her water.

The movie continued on, with Lady receiving her new collar, and going to show it off to her friends. West had always thought the little Scottish terrier Jock, as well as the Bloodhound Trusty, were fricken adorable.
Setting down her half-finished water, West let her gaze idly drift over to Edward, if only to see how he would react to the following scenes.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 05:31 PM

THIS GOT MASSIVELY HUGE

This was definitely the first time Ed had actively gotten away with blabbing through a movie. Like, he wasn’t a big big movie guy, but usually running at the mouth was a good way to get kicked or scowled at. Like the “sleeping in the dog shed" scowl. So was he taking advantage of it? Yes, yes he was. Though, despite his cheek nitpicking, it...was a cute movie? Yeah, cute. That was THE word for this. Cartoon, big-eyed puppies...yeah, that was just cute.

But man, she was ruining his fun here. He was that friend who liked to point out flaws in movie - like that guy who was in shot 1, then was gone in shot 2, then somehow reappeared in shot 3. It got him either all the charm points for being delightfully witty, or all the “are you serious” points for being a damn nuisance. He was kinda that guy that ruined movies? But not out of any dickish intent, he just did it for fun. And people didn’t actually mind it, in the end. If they did he actually stopped and apologised and stuff - ya know, the mature, grown up thing to do.

He could tell that West was also kinda disheartened at the sad little dog, and it kinda...made him wonder, like, man. Yeah it was a cartoon, but it definitely captured emotion well? Maybe it was because it was a cute cartoon dog that he was getting worked up. If that was an actual hound or something howling he’d be annoyed. But seeing a puppy and hearing it cry….ehhhhh. He’d always had a soft spot for animals. It was kinda why he worked with them for a living. He chewed his lip, distracting himself with the popco-

Er, oh. Whoops. She’d gone to grab it at the same time and now they were….playing handsies.

Well...that was one way to start this off. Like, shit, that was completely an accident? Ugh, whatever. The cliche route? Fine, fine, they could start like that. Although...he did have to admit to being kind of amused by her reaction to it all. Poor West, she looked like she wanted to jump out of her skin.

Fortunately they managed to push past the moment of awkwardness - the moment that….he took note Ianthe hadn’t even noticed. That was real sweet.

”Yeah, yeah it’s cute. It’s cute, I’ll admit that.” He couldn’t exactly lie, it was really cute. Very good choice for a kids’ film, and it had enough feeling to it that it wasn’t like...the stale kind of kids’ movie - there was actually a way for adults to apprecaite it, too. He was momentarily distracted when Ianthe eased over to her mom with one of those little lunchable apple sauce things, vaguely reminding Edward that he needed to get like...quick and easy snack food soon. They had some bread still, but they were like completely out of prosciutto and there was only a little bit of ham left. Sounded like a deli trip.

Man, he missed the days of packing up Carter’s lunch when he went to school. He made really cute bentos back in Japan. Or at least he liked to think they were cute. He kinda wanted to do something nice like that again maybe. Like, given all Carter had been through recently….eh. Maybe a day out together, a picnic or something.

He thought a bit about the idea of a dog wrecking his phone and frowned. He’d mostly been kidding, but hey, he’d been the one throwing logic at a cartoon movie about talking dogs, so he had to take it now. He found himself wincing just a bit. ”Yeah, in hindsight that would be a really s….” ….shitty idea. Uh, but….child alert. ”...shsssss...illy idea. Silly. Silly idea.” Okay, good, decent save. ”You’re not wrong though, that thing’s important to me.”

Especially now. He had a habit of texting Carter every now and then just to make sure things were okay. It was probably annoying, but to him it was...well.

No need to get stuck on that.

It wasn’t long until the movie introduced the….oh god, oh god, a Scottish stereotype, right down to calling her “Lassie”. Hell, they couldn’t be more blunt with it. At least the other guy, the uh….hound dog, whatever kind of actual breed it was, that dog seemed pretty interesting. Ed grinned, shaking his head. ”Ayy, ye canne expect me, a bloody ‘merican, ta knows a Scot when I sees it, ‘less he’s got a heavy accent, lard tunderin’!” he teased, his voice dripping with sarcastic, over-the-top Scottish-Irish-whateverish fakeness. But it was still cute, so whatever.

The next scene introduced….a kinda mangy looking dog, and even before he’d started actually talking, Ed resonated with this one - he looked like a wily kinda guy, like the handsome street punk…..in a dog way. If he himself was some kind of animated dog, he’d look something like that.

He couldn’t help but smirk as the dog went around to a bunch of nicely painted restaurants, stopping at some Italian place. ”Now….that’s a dog who’s got friends in the right places.” He chuckled, idly going for some more popcorn at the mention of food. Hnnn….and then there was a...uh, what was the word. City folks that collected strays. And…shit, they were portraying it like a doggie prison or something. He was leaning forward with a piece of popcorn between his teeth, his grin widening. ”Aw sh...nap, jailbreak!” He’d let the bulldog and...uh….what...sheepdog? Lady sheepdog who would probably be real hot if she was actually human. He’d let those two out and was hiding. Jeez, this guy was a crook helping crooks huh?

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 08:38 AM

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
The cuteness~
A sweeter life...
In all honesty, she really didn't mind Edward providing a little commentary for the movie. Usually, she got pretty irked with people who did that, because West was the type of person to get really into movies. Reacting to different things, taking in all the dialogue, laughing at the jokes or crying at emotional movies. Quiet crying, of course.
But this was fine, mostly because she'd seen Lady and the Tramp what...thirty times? Some crazy number like that, she couldn't really remember the first time she'd seen it. Just that it was on VHS on this old as dirt TV.

Ianthe didn't seem to mind the banter between the two adults either, her wide eyes practically glued to the TV. The apple didn't fall far from the tree with this kid, this little one being as much interested in movies (except it was of the child variety, something cute, bright, and colorful, rather than action movies), just like her mom was.

That was how she missed most of the words being said, and of course, the hand touching.
Not like West was going to think about, or acknowledge said cliche hand touching. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope-

Once Ianthe and the apple sauce mini-crisis was averted, West's attention shifted back to the movie, and to Ed's narration. Which, she couldn't help snarking back, it was just too easy. And hilarious.
At the curse that nearly exited Edward's mouth, West quickly glanced between the back of her daughter's head and the man, before relaxing as he switched with something more child appropriate.
There wasn't too much alarm on her face, mostly relief as she flashed him a thumbs up. A look quirked onto her face, one that was easily read as 'Good save.'

"See what I mean?" Was all she said in response, grinning softly as she sipped her water. As the next scene progressed, her gaze had idly shifted back to the screen. However, as the horrendous Scottish accent met her ears, she couldn't hold back the snort that escaped her as she covered her mouth.
Looking over at Edward, an incredulous look on her face with an eyebrow raised, the sudden bubbling giggle drew her attention as the sweet little girl looked up at them from her place on the carpet.

"Edward sounds funny!" Ianthe chirped as she practically hopped up from her spot, bouncing over to the couch. West grinned as she shifted her legs to loosely criss-cross, allowing for a space to remain in the middle of her lap, just big enough for Ianthe. The small girl proceeded to crawl up onto the couch, crisscrossing her legs as she sat in front of her mom.

"He does, doesn't he?" West hummed, looking over at Edward with a quirked eyebrow. As Ianthe set her bear beside the popcorn bowl in the center, West slipped into a British accent of her own. "Blimey, I agree, right, 'ow are we Americans supposed te' tell that is a Scot wivout a propa' accent?"

Surprisingly enough, it was quite good, if she said so herself. But it was still quite over the top as well.

After that little banter was over with, West quickly turned her attention back to the screen. The little girl's attention had slipped back as well, her giggles finally dying down from the two adult's silliness.
"Mommy, braid my hair." Looking back at her mom, Ianthe pleaded softly with her doe-brown eyes, and it didn't take much begging for West to comply. With a small smile, she nodded as she ruffled her hair and a small, " 'kay sweetheart."

Idly, West began to braid Ianthe's curly hair. It was finally decently long enough for pigtails, so that was just what she was going to do. Her gaze flicked back and forth from braiding, to watching the movie, the little girl sitting up straight as her mom did her hair.

Ah, the other half of the main character had shown up, in his little introduction scene. A sly smile slipped onto West's face as she heard Edward's comment about the Tramp, and then about the quick dog jailbreak. It seemed he actually liked this Tramp character, which was, funnily enough, the one she was comparing him to earlier.
"That's the Tramp. Or, just Tramp. That's his name, pretty much." She grinned softly, finishing off one part of the pigtails before switching to the other half. In between doing that, taking small sips of water, and watching the movie, West was pretty occupied.

Staying quiet as the next scene came along, with the two adult characters in the movie treating Lady coldly as the news of the baby arrives. West merely leaned back, her fingers deftly braiding locks of curly brown hair while the scene with Jock and Trusty talking to Lady about babies, while Tramp eventually enters into the scene as well.
Her dark brown gaze flicked over to Edward then, a lopsided smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she spoke with a softly sarcastic drawl.

"As you can see, this movie is fairly accurate." West grinned, taking a sip of water as she paused her task at hand. "The 'Disney Magic' really does capture the documentary-like nature of it all."

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 09:53 PM

I die a little more with each post from laughter

Man. You could probably put food in front of this kid and she wouldn’t even notice. …..Which actually could be done right now, if Ed was in the mood to tease her with a bowl of popcorn. Christ, she was a seriously focused little thing. At least where it came to movies - he wasn’t sure about anything else. He hadn’t met Ianthe before, but if she was this focused on...say….school or something, she was bound to be a fantastic little student. That kind of attention was rare in kids her age. You usually wound up trying to get them away from this distraction or another - he remembered Carter had this vacant way of staring into space and then he’d start following some invisible….something, or maybe a bug. He was a seriously distracted little kid.

A good kid, though. With an imagination as wild as Ianthe’s.

It was a pretty cozy atmosphere they had here now, though. This whole movie with the little one thing - it was something he’d been unsure of at first - not that he exactly expected to start spitting curses every other word, but eh…..watching a movie with a wee one around he always felt like he had to be especially careful. But he didn’t….really mind? Yeah, it actually felt pretty comfortable with Ianthe there watching with the two of them. Maybe it was just sorta bringing back that nostalgic feeling - when he’d been a much younger dad with a small Carter doing the same thing - watching shows and movies with his kid. He distinctly remembered watching Uno-Go! in Japan. They were lucky and got to watch the original Japanese version; he’d seen clips when they went back to the States and the dubbing was absolute horse shit.

He wondered idly if he could find streams of the original show. Could get Ianthe into Uno-Go! and have her playing Uno with her mom every fucking day. Oh, okay now he had to do this. Maybe give her a year and then he’d show it to her. West would love him for that. And by love he more meant want to throttle. Sure it showed kids how to play Uno and all, but god damn it was all Carter wanted to play when he was little after he watched an episode - that was all he’d talk about. Then again when you make Uno look that dramatic….

Personally he thought it was a cheese fest but hey, it was entertaining.

Ugh he’d come so close to letting out something….definitely not okay for Ianthe’s ears. He was just….glad that he caught it when he did, but holy shit that was too close. West didn’t seem too bothered though, so he took that as a victory. He kinda expected her to give him a withering stare, so the thumbs up was a definite good response. Okay, score one for Ed.

Seemed his faux-Scottish accent got Ianthe giggling though, and that made him even happier. He turned his attention from the movie to Ianthe, grinning down at her. ”Ye thinks I sounds funny, wee lassie? How bayt ye try an’ do me better!” ...Okay now he was just playing. But it seemed West had picked up the very same - with a….cute little British accent at that. He grinned, a toothy grin as he reached out to snag more popcorn. ”Okay, alright, that’s good. You’ve definitely got this. You like classically trained?”

He was having a hard time focusing on the movie now - not…..because it was bad or anything, but because uh….West braiding Ianthe’s hair was absolutely adorable. But then they were introducing some sly looking rough type of dog and….that was like….his aesthetic. Him, if he was a dog, he would be that dog. And from the look on West’s face…..she probably thought the same thing. ”Man, what a name to get saddled with. He doesn’t have a-”

Right. Kid appropriate.

”...special tattoo, does he?”

Fuck, but now she was going to wonder what that was. Shit, he should have kept his mouth shut. Fuck now what? Ugh, god. "You...know...tattoos are cool...." Damn fuck it. Hopefully Ianthe wouldn't ask.

Oh, man okay. He definitely knew where the movie was going now though. If there was a baby coming into the picture…..animals got sorta sidelined. Although in his personal experience these days, people tended to….treat dogs like babies anyway. He wondered what a modern Lady and the Tramp would be like. Dear god though their leading lady was….asking about...and they were….oh……shit.

”I...wow. Okay. Was not expecting….”

Kids movie. Talking about where babies came from. Yeah. Okay. Alright. He sucked in air, giving a shake of his head. ”I mean…..damn. I like this guy. He says it like it is. Or…” He quirked a brow, glancing at West. ”Would you do that to a sweet lil pup like Lady?”

The next scene up showed…..what was absolutely a hilarious and clever difference between the ladies at the baby shower and the…...aherm, “gentlemen”. He couldn’t help but snicker at the ”never seen ya look worse!” comment - okay, that was really damn clever. He waggled his eyebrows at West, humming. "So was it watermelon and chop suey for you too?"

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.