Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Painkiller, tag Roman
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: May 16 2017, 07:14 PM
~100+ • Cursed Human • Pacifism • Wanderer

TAGGING: SNOW WHITE
NOTES: Time for some doctoring
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM?
Honestly, as he checked the patients more and more, Roman recognized that the healing was having not only a fascinating effect on the patients, but that the healing was coming quite a bit from the patients themselves--the magic or divine power--whatever it might be--was encouraging the body to heal naturally. It was quite clever, especially for one who may want to remain discreet--bodies did not just heal immediately, but they could take a turn for the better. He was concerned though--did not magic have a price at some point? He wondered if it was merely unending or if Miss Margaretha would need to rest or gain more... energy at some point. The latter made her sound like a machine, and that was certainly not Roman's intent but... well, despite being familiar with wizardry and spells, he had never understood it as much as he had come to understand sciences.

Of course, perhaps what the doctor understood the least was children--or at least how to placate them. The boy would soon wake the whole ward if he was not settled. Roman shuffled out of the way as the angel came to his side and hoped she would fare better than he. The boy didn't seem to notice her at first, but once the little wisps of light appeared, he seemed to calm--at least tears weren't falling from his eyes anymore. He looked a bit harder and found he could see the outline of an angel. He blinked at this revelation and looked from the plague doctor to the angel and back again.

"Are you two... ghosts?" Malib asked. Or at least, that was what Roman believed he said--his Arabic was a bit underdeveloped. The doctor merely chuckled, "We are doctors and we are here to help you." He reached inside his feathered cloak and retrieved a handkerchief which he pressed into the boy's hand along with the honey stick, "Dry those eyes now. You'll be alright."

Malib had tired himself out a bit, and once he had patted his face dry, he was soon asleep again. Such a thing wasn't so suprising--he was ill and still needed to rest. The doctor only gave a great sigh, "Ah... sometimes I wonder if I should find a different mask... but I suppose I would look no less frightening." He looked to the angel and tried to sound a bit more cheerful, "Ah, now, Miss Margaretha. Have you already attended to all of the patients here?"

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL BELONG?

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 16 2017, 08:29 PM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Thankfully, her magic had the effect that Snow had been hoping for. She knew that magic was not always well received However, children tended to be far more innocent than adults even in the worst of times. This was merely one example of such an occasion as Malib had quieted and focused his attention upon the two of them, his gaze a bit sharper as if he could see her slightly.

Her brow furrowed slightly. Her Arabic was quite poor in comparison to other languages she knew. Most of her time as an immortal had been spent in Haven and there had been only so much she had needed to learn. In contrast, she had only been on Earth for about a century. There was still a great deal to learn and she did not normally interact with the people here. Learning the language had never been something she had considered.

Perhaps she should change that one day.

She turned her attention to Doctor Roman once more before shrugging. "Most are not familiar with the appearance of a plague doctor," she said casually. Moreover, masks tended to hold...negative connotations unless one were within a festive setting. There were exceptions, but most tended to associate them with the worst. Well, that or child's face.

Absently, she hummed. "To my knowledge, yes." She offered him a smile. "You have been quite helpful, doctor."

words: many
outfit: n/a
tag: Roman
notes: ...

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: May 21 2017, 11:43 PM

As the child drifted off to sleep again, Roman seemed to calm and gave a great sigh. He could tell that Miss Margaretha didn’t understand the Arabic Malib had spoken, but such a thing was alright. He was calm, settled, and would heal. The doctor turned to the angel as she mentioned that a plague doctor was not well known and he gave a bit of an uneasy chuckle to that ”Very true…” He agreed, though he gave a wistful sigh, ”I do not think my other appearance would be any better though. And… these are the garbs of my people. Not… the people I was born to, but, even so, a clan that was important to me.” He tugged on the sleeves of his coat that was under the feather cloak, ”It… is a reminder of years past. Old men like me are often… nostalgic to a fault.” He turned and picked up his doctor’s bag and moved to the door.

Roman was quite content with the angel smiling and calling him helpful—even if he had frightened poor Malib, he supposed that in the end, he had taken her to save ten people, and… perhaps that was worth a tiny bit of praise. He gave a bit of a thoughtful hum, ”I suspect… unless your power is limitless, that perhaps we should retire for a moment? There is a small staff room that is just a few hallways down…” He paused, wondering what they had available, ”I could put on a bit of tea and warm up a scone for you.” That is, if she ate. He could honestly say that he knew nothing of the physiology of Angels…

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 22 2017, 10:32 PM

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Doctor Roman's wording was vague; however, his words were not so strange that Snow was lost in them. If anything, she was positive that she completely understood what he meant. The notion of an adopted people- it was that, or at least something similar, which he spoke of. A rather nostalgic expression crossed the Archangel's face at the thought of it all for she understood far more than he might be able to comprehend. "I understand," she said. She was sure that it was akin to what she thought of Haven and those within. They were not her biological family. They could not be, for the family of Margaretha von Waldeck had been human and cruel. However, she loved them nonetheless and thought them as her family.

Despite her oath to kill no more, the people of Haven were probably among the only people that she would break that oath for and that oath was not a light thing.

She gave a small chuckle. "There are few beings who are limitless and I am certainly not among them." In fact, she doubted that there was a single being in existence who was limitless outside of God. She had met those who called themselves such- was in a relationship with such a being- and she doubted their claims. After all, how could an imperfect being be a god? "A rest would be welcomed." Though, she would prefer it be short. Snow White was the sort of woman who worried about others constantly and a rest that carried on would soon become the opposite.

She nodded at his offer before giving him a small smile. "Lead the way, doctor. You know this place better than I."

words: many
outfit: n/a
tag: Roman
notes: ...

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: May 31 2017, 05:25 PM

The doctor busied himself with checking his bag as he let Miss Margaretha think on his words. It often seemed like this for him. If someone else were talkative, he was quiet, but for those who didn't mince words, he was often the one filling the void with inane nonsense. He felt a little relieved when the angel said she understood--perhaps her own situation could have parallels to his? Honestly, he could not say, and he would not pry, but it was a boon to the old man to merely imagine that he was not alone in this manner, that perhaps, even though he had lost many, he could regain connections in other ways, with other people... perhaps that was a rather optimistic view on it, but he tended to be like that.

He echoed her chuckle with a wheezing one of his own. Yes, that was the best way of things, to work hard and then rest knowing you've done a job well done. It was a good cycle to have in one's life. The doctor gave a quick nod and tucked his doctor's bag under his arm as he was bade to show the angel the way, "Certainly." He said, and quietly opened the door for Miss Margaretha and slipped out to the hallway again.

The hallways really were no more well taken care of than the rooms, and the staff room that was tucked away in the corner was even less impressive. There was merely a card table there and a couple of rickety chairs, a cot in case someone had a late split shift and needed a nap, and a minuscule kitchenette that looked like it had come directly from the fifties. There was, however, a hot plate with a kettle on it, and Roman busied himself with digging out some tea (just in regular bags, unfortunately), a ceramic mug (the least chipped one he could find), and what looked like to be a package of chocolate biscuits imported from England.

He was oddly domestic, trying to make the most of laying out a few of the cookies on a paper plate before he placed it on the table, "For tea, we seem to have only mint, orange, or rose. I did once like an Early Grey myself but--" He paused and gave a sheepish sigh, "Well, I can't enjoy such things anymore. It is one of the prices of not being a normal human, I suppose? At least anyone who might join us and not be able to see you would not be confused by an extra tea cup. Sometimes these things work out for the best, I would say." He jumped slightly as the kettle gave out a bit of a whistle and he grabbed it and poured, "Did you have a preference on your tea?"

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 31 2017, 09:07 PM

The acquiesced to her words and led her, as she could only presume, to the staff room that he had mentioned. It was not an impressive place and appeared as though it had been made last minute. However, this was not surprising. The hospital appeared to have few funds and it was probably a miracle that they were in a building instead of camps. Perhaps it had once had more money, but a country at war had clearly taken its toll and was leaving those who were only civilians affected in the worst of wars.

It was quite tragic to see things like this happen over and over again.

Quietly, the Archangel sat herself down as the doctor seemed to busy himself with making tea, intent only on moving if someone came. It was never a pleasant feeling when someone walked through her. However, it would be far less pleasant if someone did not notice her and did something such as sit where she was already present.

It was not a comfortable business, sitting. Chairs were not made for beings with structures such as herself. It took folding her wings and a certain placement to make sure that she could stay in the chair without hurting herself.

Snow's attention turned to Doctor Roman as he spoke. Quietly, she listened to him speak. "You can choose." She was rather used to having a bit of everything due to her father and she doubted that she would hold a preference for any of them. Her tastes were a bit too sweet for most individuals. "You are not a normal human?" she queried, absently folding her fingers. She doubted that he was immortal. Most immortals had trouble being seen by others unless they were powerful or they simply fell into a species that did not require belief due to their nature. Yet, he did not strike her as either. She supposed that he could be an immortal human that could be seen, but she found herself unsure of that. "Are you cursed?"    

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 07:40 PM

The doctor was happy to do something with his hands as the angel was silent. He liked doing things with his hands, keeping busy so he didn't have to think on deeper things at times. As he delivered the paper plate that had a few cookies on it, he paused, trying to see what was wrong with the picture of the angel sitting in a chair. It took him a good moment to figure it out, but her wings seemed to be cramped and uncomfortable and Roman eventually made a little noise of realization. "Ah--I should see if they have a stool." He didn't know where one may be available, but certainly somewhere in the hospital, there was something more comfortable than trying to have Miss Margaretha squeeze her wings into place. "Let me make you the tea, and I'll be back presently."

When she asked him to choose, he chose the orange. It would probably be just sweet enough and create a nice bright contrast with the creamy chocolate that was on the biscuit. He poured the tea, put in the bag and was about to go fetch a stool when Miss Margaretha questioned that he was not normal. Ah--well... he supposed that such a thing might be apparent from his clothing and voice, but even so, perhaps an Angel wasn't privy to normal human cultures.

When she asked if it was a curse, the doctor made an uncomfortable, uncertain hum, "Well... my people considered it a blessing long ago... but I suppose in a certain way, it has become my curse." He placed the orange tea in front of her and laced his fingers together, "I am... unable to die by most normal means. My people... they were hunters that would hunt the dangerous creatures of this world. The most dangerous among them, that preyed on mortals. Before the blessings, so many would die, but afterwards, my people would return, even after death. It is not... natural, and I cannot say that I wish such a thing on a person but... as I am, I have died many times."

"Excuse me." He finally rasped, and went out of the staff room for a moment. He returned after a good ten minutes with a stool, "If it pleases you, Miss Margaretha." He said, softly, before returning to the topic at hand. He had gathered his wits a bit more and wasn't afraid to speak on such things with an immortal creature, "I suppose... that it is what saved me and allows me to do my work even now. So, I do not think of it as a curse or a malady. Merely... a piece of who I am."

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 12:53 AM

Snow blinked at the mention of a stool. "That is not necessary," she said. She doubted that he would believe her, as he seemed like the sort who was intent upon helping others despite objections, but it was the truth. Wings often offered a mild complication to life. The mortal world was designed for humans and they did not possess wings. As such, she often either had to sit in uncomfortable positions or deal with placing them in discomfort. She did not have the luxury of being able of making them disappear.

The doctor went about making the tea. Thankfully, her question seemed to bring a pause in his attempt to fetch a stool. Fro his reaction, she gather that it was an uncomfortable topic, something that would not be too surprising if he did suffer from a curse.

Her expression shifted at his explanation and the doctor quickly left the room. It took him a great deal of time to find the stool, something that she could not be sure was whether because he wanted to collect his thoughts or was truly struggling to find the stool. Within that time, she considered his words. She was not entirely sure if what he spoke of was a curse. If anything, it sounded like he was anchored to this world, his soul unable to move. It was...unnatural, for even immortals could die.

She glanced up as he returned with a stool. "Ah, thank you." Her expression cleared at his words. "Well," she said, "I a glad you think of it as such." After all, she was sure that there were beings who would think of him in a far unkinder way. Death was something natural and to hold an inability to be slain was not natural.    

SKEL
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.