Add Reply
New Poll

My Best Shot, tag Robin
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Mar 17 2017, 04:00 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Snow had already left New York and begun to make her way out of North America. Her trip was a particularly long one, especially since she held a rather bad habit of making it longer by taking stops to help others along the way. By now, she should have already been to her destination. Despite their appearance, her wings were capable of caring her far, even in short spans of time. It probably helped that she had been alive for a few centuries and knew how to fly well.

Finally, she had come to land, her flight over oceans and seas over. The forest was relatively familiar to her. While she could have flown over it, her wings had become tired and were now need of rest. Taking time to walk instead of fly should be fine.

Boots crunching against the ground, she turned her attention to the sky. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of a darkening sky. Hm, perhaps she should stop for a bit?

words: many
outfit: shirt skirt coat
tag: Robin Hood
notes: ...

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 03:52 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Robin was on his own in the woods for now and he'd been walking for what felt like days. Yet he didn't seem to mind. In fact, every once in a while he enjoyed the solitude of wandering the woods alone with his arrows, finding a place to hunt. Besides, he hadn't been able to hunt in quite some time and he was sure to find something good soon enough. His eyes turned upward to the sky for a moment, focus peeled to the darkening horizon up above with great curiosity. He thought he saw something up above that must have been some sort of...eagle? Wait, no something seemed odd about the shape that he focused on.

What was wrong here? He squinted at the shape, turning his quiver and arrow up toward the sight of it. He thought about shooting it, about seeing if it was some sort of creature he had never seen before. Then he heard a rustle nearby and his eyes widened a little bit more. Had the flying creature landed near him after all? He sneaked toward where he thought the bird must have landed, arrow still drawn, until he noticed it was not a bird at all. His eyebrow raised dramatically when he found out who this creature truly was. He was glad now that he had not decided to shoot but still kept his weapon drawn.

"Ahem..." He cleared his throat too loudly on purpose and watched her carefully. "Who...or should I say what are you? And what are you doing in these woods alone?" He supposed the same could be said for himself, wandering out there alone. But he was more interested in the strange flying creature he had never seen before. At least she was pretty indeed and he figured he could at least be able to use that as an advantage.
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 05:18 AM

wild side
Before Snow could decide whether she would stop or not, she found her solitude interrupted. A loud sound- clearly that of someone clearing their throat- permeated the silence. Turning around, the ebony haired angel's gaze landed on a man who was a bit taller than herself. He had a strong build and short, dark hair. From the looks of the weapon in his hand, he was an archer. However, it was his expression and posture that caught her attention. While he was clearly cautious, there was clearly something...outlandish about this man.

The urge to ignore him and continue on was rather strong.

She sighed as her expression shifted into one of boredom. "Is that how you greet everyone or am I just special?" she asked, a thick layer of sarcasm to her words, "If you must know, I am an Archangel." Or, that was the closest to what she could classify herself. Saying she was a former angel would likely give others the impression that she was a fallen angel. However, she was no such thing. In fact, she doubted that there was a word for what she was. "And I am not a what. My name is Snow White." Just because she was not a human did not mean she was something to be referred to as if she was lesser.

Snow rolled her eyes. "I would think it obvious what I am doing," she said crisply, "You are clearly not blind after all." At least not physically, anyway.

notes: ...

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 04:20 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Already she was giving him so much sass, he could barely keep up with her. Yet he was fascinated just the same, wondering how on earth angels could be real. He had never seen one up close before and it was truly beautiful to behold. It also didn't hurt that she was incredibly attractive and almost heavenly from what he could tell. Besides, he could always use that angle if he had to. But in the back of his head, he could tell a little that she didn't seem to be that kind of girl. She seemed as if she were on a mission of her own, a mission that he wouldn't know about just yet. Not unless she figured it best to tell him.

"Of course I'm not." He paused for a moment when she stated her name and an eyebrow shot right up in response. Really? Was that name real? Did she truly exist outside of a story? He realized how he had little room to talk considering who he was but he wasn't sure what to think of her. She didn't seem at all like the fairy tale apart from her lovely pale skin and dark hair. At least that much tipped him off to the fact that she might actually be who she was talking about.

"Really now? Snow White? Princess and dwarfs and the like? Whole glass coffin and here you are flying around?" His eyebrow couldn't seem to go any higher as he was unsure how else to react to her. She was a phenomenon to be sure and it fascinated him even more the longer he watched this strange woman. "Well, consider yourself with interesting company. You just so happen to be talking to Robin Hood."
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 04:54 AM

wild side
Snow was not sure that she liked the gaze that had been sent her way by the man. While it did not appear to be dangerous, it did make her relatively uncomfortable to have sent her way. Despite how much time had passed, she was not used to having the gaze of a man upon her. She was still getting used to her relationship with Phobos, one which she currently found herself unsure of with how things seemed to be changing. Change was inevitable, but she was not sure it was changing for the better.

Her eye twitched and it took a fair amount of effort to not glare a hole straight through his head. "No," she said, an edge to her voice. She did detest how her history had come to be written. While the older tales were not entirely false, the history behind her name was nearly nonexistent and people so often enjoyed the romanticized tale of Snow White, a tale her history was nothing like.

Clenching her jaw, she tried to push away the annoyance before backtracking. "I am Snow White," she amended, "However, my life was more like....the older tales." She had no idea if he could know of those, but if he did he would know that she spoke of ones that were darker, where an abandoned princess had not met a happy end. After all, rape was not a happy ending, prince or not. "No dwarves or coffin, though."

Her expression did not change at his introduction. She rose an eyebrow, looking decidedly unimpressed. After all, this guy seemed to just be fishing for a compliment and she was not about to feed what was most likely an oversized ego. "Fascinating," she said, sarcasm oozing from the one word, "And just so you know, you are hardly the most interesting person I have either met or spoken to."

notes: Sorry Robin :P

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 04:33 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Robin was somewhat familiar with the tales of the Grimm and the fact that she said she more mirrored them made him a little sad. However he kept his gaze strong and his smirk teasing with the woman before him. She seemed a little put off but he wasn't about to let that get to him. Besides, she wasn't as amazing as she thought herself to be either and he could sense a frosty attitude with the woman that he wasn't quite used to. Usually, Robin was able to charm just about any woman but she seemed the type he'd have to actually work for if he should ever go that route. Then again he almost imagined him not even letting him get that far anyhow.

He snorted instead, very amused by her obvious sarcasm. "Really now? I'm sure you have but you haven't exactly met a legend before either, I suppose." He teased, knowing she probably wouldn't like it. Besides, she probably hadn't met someone like him in so long that she didn't know how to react. And Robin wasn't about to let anyone take a shot at his ego when they had only just met. Not today, not any day. "Well, Miss White, I do apologize. I saw your flight and had almost thought you were something else entirely. I'm glad for your sake that I did not target you. It's not every day a man meets an angel after all."
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 07:07 AM

wild side
Robin Hood was, in her honest opinion, quite arrogant. Of course, he was not the most arrogant man she had ever met. Thus far, that title was taken by her late husband. However, she still found the attitude insufferable and was not above giving him more than one reason to be knocked down a peg or two. After all, if she had been capable of doing so with her excuse of a husband, she was more than capable of doing so with this man.

She rolled her eyes, clearly not swayed by his words. "Indeed?" she said, "Sounds quite dull considering I am well acquainted with several deities." Of course, they were hardly the most impressive being. In truth, her father was likely the greatest of them all, not only for what he was but for who he was. However, she was far too tired to explain her father's nature to this man, particularly when he might mistake him for God. Such things were better done when she had more energy.

Her lips curled into a smile. It was well practiced and, for the most part, genuine. All it lacked was the devious mirth she currently felt. "A legend...hm, even I am more well known than the legend of Robin Hood." She was sure that this man thought his name to be far more well known than it truly was. However, it was likely he had not traveled far beyond the borders of his own home. She knew well enough that her story was well known outside of Europe and that there were quite similar stories to it within other countries due to her travels. Of course, the amount of belief she gained was not as much as others since she was mostly recalled as a fairy tale, her true name not remembered that well.

Her eyebrow twitched at being referred to as Miss White, but he made no correction. She did not tell most people her true name for a reason and even if he called her by something formal she would not complain. Complaints would only rise if he realized who she truly was and dared to call her by her real name without her permission.

She eyed him, a suspicious glimmer in her eyes. While she did not think him an enemy, she did think he had a unpleasant personality and would not be surprised if he had not shown everything that was to it. "There is a reason for that," she said crisply, not bothering to correct him. Angel was about as close as she could classify herself, species wise, and she did not entirely mind being called such. "You should get glasses, then. Birds do not have two pairs of wings." Of course, she hardly knew how far away she was when he saw her, but the statement still stood. Few other creatures outside of angels possessed more than a pair of wings. Still, she was not in the mood to consider this.

notes: snerk :P

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 03:39 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Wow. She certainly was a sassy lass, wasn't she? He hadn't met too many like her and he quite liked her attitude more than he could say. After all, it was more fun when someone had a brain and an attitude to boost it. It was clear to him that she had both. Perhaps she already disliked him but that was her problem really. He wasn't going to let that get to him. In fact, it was only making him more amused by the second. "Deities? And yet you deem earth worthy enough to visit from time to time?" He couldn't help but tease, knowing that it would probably fuel her ire. She seemed the rough around the edges type and he wondered what it was that made her that way in the first place.

"Are you now?" He grinned, not at all bothered by her attempt to diss him and contemplate herself. Obviously he threatened her in some way otherwise she would not have been so defensive in who she truly was. He wondered if she was like the Grimm fairy tales of old and if that was the reason why she was so brittle. If so, he was prepared to feel sorry for her based on what he had heard in the stories he himself had grown up on. For what child didn't know of the sad tale of the princess Snow White? Though he had to admit it was quite odd seeing her there before him with two sets of wings. Unfortunately he hadn't seen both pairs when she had been in flight but now he was quite fascinated by them.

"No need to be so icy, miss. And no I did not see those other wings as you were very high up in the sky. You're lucky you were beyond my aim. And what brings you here in the woods then besides to berate me for everything I've said? Surely you haven't just showed up to insult someone you've just met." He shrugged, waiting for another come back that was sure to occur.
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 05:48 AM

wild side
She rolled her eyes at Robin's words. "What is wrong with Earth?" It was a rather honest question. She had lived on the planet for a little over a century and while she knew that there were many flaws within the people on the planet, she hardly saw a reason not to visit. "Besides, I am hardly the sort to view places being worthy of my presence. If anything, it is the other way around." It would be rather arrogant of her to think that a place was lucky to have her visiting it.

She rose an eyebrow, rather unimpressed with his general attitude. "Of course," she said smoothly, her tone taking upon one she tended to use when stating facts, "Robin Hood is a legend that is best known within certain parts of Europe and North America. However, Snow White originally took form in the form of the Brother Grimm, Schneeweißchen. This version is well known and spread not only to Europe and North America, but also other parts of the part. It comes in other variations. There is an Albanian version, as well as the Albianian tale The Jealous Sisters. There is also Bidasari, which is Malaysian-Singaporean, a reference in the Indian epic poem Padmavat, an Armenian tale, and The Tale of the Dead Princess and the Seven Knights which is a Russian tale that is quite similar. And that is not including any modern adaptions."

She gaze him an innocent smile in return. He was making it rather easy, to be honest. To her knowledge, her tale was spread in some shape or form to most of the world. The only place that she had never encountered anything similar was in Africa, but then she was usually there to heal not pay attention to lore. "Best quell your big head, no?"

She rose an eyebrow at being called icy, but made no comment on it. She knew well enough that her personality was difficult, especially when she was in a particular mood. She offered only a shrug, not showing much concern at the comment about being shot at. "I was actually trying to get some rest before you showed up. Flying across continents in short spans of time tends to get tiring."

notes: snerk :P

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 03:53 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Robin acknowledged her little speech, certain she was used to rehearsing it to those who would question her. He snorted in amusement, a smirk still on his face as she kept going. What a silly angel she was after all. Her speech didn't really bother him all that much because he knew that his legend had limits. Of course he knew that many knew of him and still believed and that was enough to keep him going. He didn't have to hear her babble on about her own story to feel lesser. Besides, the belief that he did have was quite strong and wouldn't die for a very long time. So for now he simply let her keep going, balancing on his quiver as she went on. He couldn't help but roll his eyes toward the end of it, wondering if she was going to pat herself on the back after her point was proven.

"Quell my big head? Which one of us just listed out countries that they were famous in?" He snickered, shaking his head. "It seems that by dismissing you that you have managed to bolster yourself which only backfired your little plan. Pride is a funny thing, Miss White. I am certainly guilty of it but so are you. You just don't seem to want to admit it." He teased, knowing that might not make her feel any better at the moment but he didn't care. He could tell that she was the type who constantly had this devil may care attitude. But Robin liked a good game, a game that he might actually end up winning in this case.

"Well by all means, rest then, my lady. It happens to be a free forest after all. I can come and go as I please, especially since I live around here anyhow. You should know since you've obviously read my story. I tend to have a fondness for all things green. " He winked, knowing it would infuriate her all the more. "But I'm sure you don't have time to talk to the likes of me since you're so very busy."
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 04:53 AM

wild side
A dark look crossed Snow's face and, for a moment, she looked anything but an angel. Eyes flashing, her expression settled into one that was closed off. "Do not presume to know me," she said, an icy calm settling into her tone. While she did not sound angry, she also did not sound pleased. "You and I are quite different. It is not out of pride that I speak of myself."

She could tell that they were different. It took only a glance. If Robin Hood has seen pain, then it was not remotely similar to any of what she had experienced.

"Says the man who was clearly ready to shoot me," she said dryly. She grimaced. "I have heard the name Robin Hood, but I have never listen or read any of the tales." Her expression became cold. "People often looked down upon well-read women in the sixteenth century." She had mostly read what had been accepted for royal women- for no poor women would have known how- to know, only reading outside of it occasionally. She had begun to read more after she had died a second time, but there had always been so little time to learn more through something like books.

Oh, but the man had gone just a bit too far. Snow had never taken well to romantic affections of others. They had always touched upon old memories, bad ones. Even something as small as flirting tended to irk her. However, unlike others, she did not give warnings. She lashed out.

Without warning, she struck, far quicker than she might have been in the past due to Ares' training, aiming to punch him in the face.

notes: rip Robin

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 03:55 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Robin could see her mood sour by the second. Wow, she was definitely more uptight than he had initially thought and he wondered if he could ever get someone to relax for once. what was her deal anyhow? Everyone had tragedy and the both of them , it appeared, had had plenty of time to recover or at least try to move on. He had lost a lot in his life and managed to move on as best as he could. Of course he covered his own pain with snark and sass, pretending that everything was all right, but maybe she had her own way of dealing with things. Perhaps her way of dealing with things was attitude and striking out against people who were only just trying to make friends. He honestly couldn't even tell with her anymore and he wanted to know exactly what it was made that made her the way she was.

"But times change and you seem smart enough to be able to read quite a bit, miss." He said with that smirk still on his face. He wasn't lying. She did seem to have the attitude of someone who wanted to learn everything and he definitely respected that of her. But apart from that he was beginning to wonder if he should give up and move along to someone else or pursue this interesting woman. Then again the Prince of Thieves was never one to give up so easily and he wasn't about to now. In his own mind, a smirk and a wink was harmless. He had no need to see the punch coming and when it did, it completely caught him off guard.

Normally, he would have been able to dodge it but it was so out of left field that the punch struck him clean in the face. Right on the cheek. He stumbled back, eyes widening as he stared at her. He was somewhat amused, bewildered and almost frightened all at once. "Wow, that's some arm you've got there...but I wasn't trying to upset you, miss. Really. Listen, I'm not here to start a fight with you." He said carefully, holding onto his now bruised cheek. "What's your deal anyway?"
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 19 2017, 05:33 PM

wild side
Snow was quietly pleased that he did not question whether they were truly different or not. While she knew it had been many years since the worst of her troubles, it was not as if her life was currently...happy. If anything, it felt as if she was once again being thrown into chaos again. She rarely saw family anymore, something which was breaking her heart. Moreover, it had been quite awhile since she had seen Phobos, something which worried her since the last time she had seen him he had clearly not been well. Moreover, she was changing also. The only thing was that she was not sure if she was changing into someone she liked.

He was correct, of course, but then she had not given all of the details. Being an angel had meant she was constantly busy. As an Archangel, there was little time for reading. People died constantly and she had been among...the upper ranks, she supposed. While she supposed that being a Guardian offered her more time, her own habits did not. "I don't have the time to read," she said. People will be hurt if I stop for too long. "What with what I am."

Of course, every good mood had to vanish. That seemed to just be her way with conversations.

She could not say if it was the look about his face or the feel of her fist against skin that was most satisfying. She had not gotten in a proper fight in awhile and...well, to be honest, his expression was slight humorous.

She hummed, just a bit of the anger ebbing away. "You try being trained by Ares and see what happens." Hell, it had been a fight just to get the man to allow her to heal him. Actual training had been a pain in the ass and it was natural that she would pick up something, in the end. Her expression shifted, lips flattening into a thin line and the look in her eye unamused. "Of course you weren't," she said, annoyed. She knew that, logically. However, she did not much like what he was actually aiming for either way. "Keep your bedroom eyes for someone else. I-" The words died on her tongue slightly. She had promised Phobos that she would not tell anyone of their relationship. It was meant to be private.

She was starting to hate that promise.

She made an annoyed sound, scowling. "I am helping you out," she said instead, "If you try to flirt with me, you have to be serious. Committed. If you are any less...well, a punch will seem much nicer." It was a slight lie. Technically, they would probably only intervene with her relationships if they thought she was becoming hurt by them. Thankfully for the archer, Snow rarely entered relationships...and was already in one. "But you seem like the sort who is loose with his affections." She offered him a smile. While it appeared kind on the surface, there was a hint of ice to it. "And I hate those sorts most of all."

notes: rip Robin

LULU
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.