Add Reply
New Poll

Hope Corrupted, tag Pitchipoo
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 10 2017, 12:29 AM
Unknown • Former Human/Dæmon • Curiosity • Nomad

wildest dreams
Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress Staring at the sunset babe Red lips and rosy cheeks Say you'll see me again Even if it's just in your wildest dreams

Pandora had not forgotten the Other Mother's words. It was difficult to. She had never thought that someone might be able to help her. She had long ago accepted that her life would be made up of one long journey, a possibly never-ending search for whoever had been inside the box. After all, she had little idea as to where she was going. Where could she possibly begin?

She had considered over the words, eventually having to move away from the village where she and the Other Mother had parted. Time passed and she had soon traveled long enough that she lost track of where she was. From what she tell, she was within another forest.

Absently, she rubbed at her eyes, the need for sleep weighing on her. Unfortunately, the last time she had attempted to sleep she retired for too long, only waking up when the mark had forced her to. Her feet and legs still ached. Coming to a pause, she glanced forward. To her knowledge, it was night and that seemed like a far more appropriate time to try and speak to this man.

Though, she was a bit confused as to how she might do that.

The Other Mother had made it sound as long as she was anywhere with shadows she would be able to find this man. However, how would she do that? Normally, one needed to go to a temple or use a ritual of some sort for things like this. Of course, this boogeyman was not one of the Gods. I believe he can hear through the shadows? Call his name from there, and perhaps he will meet with you. She could recall the woman having told her to do such a thing, but would it even work?

Biting her lip, she finally made a decision. "Hello? she called out into the darkness, "Uhm...Mister Pitch Black?" Oh, this did feel a bit foolish. She hoped that it did work.

tag: Pitch Black // words: CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 10:55 PM
Unknown • Nightmare King • Fear • N/A

Hello, little girl~
It did not go unknown to the Nightmare King that prospective allies had been approached in the relative calm of the day. His Anti-Guardians - the dutiful ones - were so kind as to make mention of their doings, yes, but beyond that he came to know through his own methods; rather, with darkness as his eyes and ears, the Nightmare King could listen and perceive on a whim. The shadows told him a great many things; in this case, that there was a need for his aid - or at least, a possible need. Presuming, of course, that she was willing to offer her own services - and that she could handle working with someone such as himself. He was not sure what all she knew, how much she knew, but then…..that was why he was waiting for her to make her choice.

Oh, he wasn’t simply waiting for her - he was rather a busy man. But, he had an ear out, an eye on the shadows, listening, watching. And when time spared him a moment, he would take pause and listen and watch. He wondered if she would come at all - naturally, it was her choice. She was aware that she would need to find him through shadows - certainly a...daunting prospect. Whether or not she would come for him was an interesting thought - it would certainly tell something of her character. There were those who, after all, didn’t dare approach. The night was daunting, the shadows ever more so. The combination of both, then….

Hello?

The voice was soft, but spoken with decisiveness. She was unsure - at least, unsure of what to expect. She had made her decision, but for what she expected...that was where her uncertainty came. But, the Nightmare King heard her voice, heard her words. “Mister Pitch Black” - such a tentative and anxious sound, she was not sure if he would come to her, was she? The Nightmare King smiled to himself, taking that moment to emerge from the shadows, approaching quietly, but...not with menace. ”Hello.” His tone was soft, and a smile found its way to his face - subtle, barely there. His hands folded behind his back and he nodded. ”I’m sure you’re not calling my name into the darkness for nothing. That you know me is telling. Tell me, my dear, what is it you’re looking for?”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 11:44 PM

wildest dreams
Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress Staring at the sunset babe Red lips and rosy cheeks Say you'll see me again Even if it's just in your wildest dreams

Pandora was unsure what to expect nor did she know how long she should wait. People always took time, needed it in fact, whether it was with talking or walking. She knew this well. It had taken her time to decide whether or not to open the box despite he unending curiosity, after all. No doubt others were the same, perhaps Pitch Black was the same. It was hard to know when she had been told so little. It was even more difficult to be to be patient, despite her knowledge that people required time.

Thankfully, it seemed as though she did not need to wait long. As if he had been there all along, he stepped out of the shadows quietly. The movement was only barely heard by the blind dæmon, her other senses picking up movement. However, she could tell she was not alone and appeared to be unsurprised by Pitch Black's presence, despite her inability to place her gaze upon him.

Pandora considered the question for only a moment before she began to speak. "You, technically," she said. Or was that what he meant? After all, she was not just calling out to him because she was looking for someone. Was that what he meant? Perhaps it would be better to clarify? Better yet, perhaps she should tell him the whole story? Everything might make more sense that way than if she only gave him a summary of details.

"Or rather, I am looking for someone- the person in the box I opened," she continued, beginning to ramble, "I have been looking for several centuries, but I have been unable to find them. However, I bumped into a lady who was called the Other Mother. After I helped her get away from someone who was hurting her, she told me you could help me." She paused, considering what else to say for a moment."Which is why I was looking for you."

She nodded decisively, turning wide, unfocused eyes as close to his direction as she could.

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:21 AM

He would like to hear~
He would need to approach with caution and - most especially - charisma. He knew little of the situation that had been left for him - it was, he supposed, the negative side to having many allies working in their own manner. If he’d been the one to make first contac,t he would have a better idea of where to begin. But, ah, he would make do. He always did. It would simply be difficult - at least, more difficult - than if he’d known, for example, her motivations for seeking him out. But, he would learn that in time. It would simply take some gentle prodding.

The first thing he noticed when he appeared to her was that she did not look toward him. Not, however, that he believed her to intend offense - rather she had the look of one who….sought something which she could not perceive. The Nightmare King was not...unfamiliar with blindness. She - by the way she stared fixedly at a space in the distance - seemed to be that way herself. Yet she had managed to find shadow, which indicated that she was able to somehow perceive light. Perhaps it was not complete blindness, then.

He let out a soft chuckle at her first words - a way to indicate that he was a man with humour. ”I suppose that’s true.” he said gently, tapping his chin, no longer quite so worried for his posture, but - ah, of course, as a gentleman it was quite required that he stand tall. Even if she couldn’t see it, he simply couldn’t perceive himself a slouch. But ah, she was speaking again. That she….ah, she sought someone.

Person in the box. Pandora’s box….had held a person...within it? Now that was….

….intriguing.

He moved to stand in front of her, so that now her gaze did indeed fall upon him. It was the courteous thing to do. ”I believe that I….can, indeed, help you. But first I would like you to tell me more….about them. Anything will do. Any memories of them, anything you can recall. Please, don’t be shy. I am all ears, my dear.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 02:40 AM

wildest dreams

Pandora had not been sure of what to expect of Pitch Black. She had been told stories of men of shadows. They were to be feared and regarded with great wariness. Those who lived in darkness, such as the God of the Underworld, should only be feared, their names regarded carefully, known but never spoken. She had wondered if this boogeyman was of the same nature. However, the way the Other Mother had spoken of him had indicated that he was different. He sounded as if he was more of a misunderstood character whose darkness brought unfair judgement upon him.

Still, it was comforting to know that her assumptions were correct. He appeared to be kind, his words laced with a light humour and gentility. While she could not see him, she was able to create an image in her mind's eye.

She could tell that Pitch Black had moved closer. The light that was his soul shone brighter in the darkness that was her world, having crossed an unspoken distance. However, Pandora could not bring herself to gaze upon it fully. Just as she was blind to Pitch Black, she was incapable of fully viewing the shadow's soul.

Her brow furrowed at the shadow man's words, briefly recalling words that had been told to her. He listens to us, to what we have to say, and if he believes that we can reach a mutual arrangement. Slowly, she nodded. "Okay," she said.

Pandora looked to the past. Her memories were a difficult thing, muddied and foggy at times. She knew that she could not recall her beginnings. After all, she had surely not begun in the room where the box had lay. However, the memories surrounding the box were easier to remember. The only real problem was that she had difficulty recalling what had happened upon her opening of the box.

"Well, I lived in a house," she said. Had she lived there alone? She was unsure, but she sure that she had been alone. "In it was the box. I was not told anything of it by the Gods, except that ill would come if I opened it. So, I ignored it."

She could recall that quite well, painfully well. It had seemed to be a rather easy thing to do. The Gods had ordered her not to touch the object and there was no doubt in her mind that there was a reason for this. "However, I was quite lonely. The only company I can recall being blessed with was that of a man. His name...." A deep frown came to her face. "I do not remember his name well. His name was something like Epimeth; he was one of the Gods, before the Olympians, I believe."

She pursed her lips before continuing. "So I became curious, wondering about the box until I opened it. I did not expect a winged man to come forth from it. He was not...like those of Olympus. Something else." She did not have words for what he was. It had been beyond her understanding. "I only recall being entranced until a great pain seized me. I thought I was being attacked, but it felt as if I were being changed. When I awoke, I was banished, no longer human, and he was gone."

"I...did not- do not- know what I was, but I know that we looked similar, he and I." Her shoulder's slumped. "However, I have been unable to find him no matter how much time has crossed and despite my inability to stop."

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 01:46 AM

He plants the seed....
It was with a cautious stride that he approached. He maintained what he hoped was a calm demeanour about him - but it became….rather apparent rather quickly that the girl could not perceive him in the normal way. All the posturing he might wish to do was really for naught - she couldn’t see. Still, he wasn’t about to degrade himself and allow himself to slouch simply because she couldn’t see him - he had every intention of maintaining his atmosphere of control and propriety. He was, after all, a man of the gentry - that could hardly cease now. Besides - to be have properly and kindly would give her a natural perception of him. That would work to his favour.

It seemed that she was - of yet - willing, if shy, to explain her situation. It was….understandable, given that he was still a stranger to her, but it was pleasing that as for the moment, she was at least….willing to pay him mind. But, now it was his turn to be silent, to listen. She had a story, he was certain. He needed to hear her out. What had she to say to him? What was her story? That was the most important part of these arrangements - determining precisely what a would-be ally needed, and what they wanted. What he, in turn, could thereby offer. He was patient as he waited for her to respond, to form her thoughts.

He, in turn, prepared a few responses within his mind. He readied himself.

The beginning was….a little useless, he had to admit. A house - well, really, now. That was something he simply came to expect. But the box….now that was rather a specific subject. A box. Of all things to find in one’s house, a box seemed rather minimal, rather dull by comparison - there was, then, something of great value to it. And as she went on to describe it, he….began to realize just what it was. This was not any ordinary box. A box that contained the ills of the world? He knew of one by name. And it made sense, if this girl was truly Pandora the original.

Loneliness….now, that was something he could work with. I understand, I too have been lonely. He filed that away. An Olympian named Epimeth…..he couldn’t say he knew that name, perhaps she’d misspoken. She did say that she didn’t remember very well. He did quirk a brow - not that she could see it, of course - at the idea of a “winged man” coming forth from her box of sickness. And his emergence seemed to be the very trigger that…..ah, she said...changed her? It was no wonder she had such faded and confused memory. If she had been changed by him, doubtless her mind kept that locked away for her own sanity.

And she was looking for him…..

For how long now, he had to wonder, had she been looking? Endlessly…

But that seemed to conclude her story.

”I….understand what it is to be lonely, my dear.” His voice was soft, considerate. ”I certainly don’t blame your behaviour, if you were so alone. One should always have a friend or they might break.” Everything hinged upon his performance, his sympathy, a voice that was gentle and understanding. ”I...too have been lonely, for a long time. I know the pain. I certainly would have done the same in your position. Now as for how he might be found….this friend of yours….” He thought for a moment. ”It may be possible for me - and my armies - to help you. We travel through shadow, and there are shadows all across the world. If he is anywhere, he can be traced. The darkness may very well be your friend in this matter.” He clasped his hands behind his back. ”That is….if you would have our help, of course.”

It had to be her idea, her to agree upon it.
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 03:22 AM

wildest dreams

Pitch Black's words were strange. She had not considered herself lonely in many years. Her time as a human had been, from what she could recall, quite different. She had been created as a creature for companionship. However, she had been given no companions except for the company of the immortal she had lived, someone she was inclined to believe she might not have been close to. Now, she was unsure if her nature was different. Either way, she had never considered it since those time. She lived her life traveling and often met others.

Though...there had never been anyone constant in her life. Was that a sort of loneliness?

What did catch the ancient woman's attention was the boogeyman's words upon how he would have done the same. it was rare for Pandora to receive sympathy when the subject of the box came up. She knew that some among the Gods did not take kindly to her. The last time she had run across one had been when she had crossed paths with Ares. He had clearly held a certain dislike for her. The box...she knew it was known to mortals to a degree and she doubted that it was remembered well.

She bit her lip, recalling the doubts she had begun to have about the Gods. She could recall her dear friend's words about how she was only a victim of their actions. The man's words seemed to confirm these doubts. Had she truly been created for a benevolent purpose? Had she been placed into the position that she had been on purpose?

Her gaze shot up at his words. They rang similarly to what the Other World said and it gave her a sense of hope. "Really?" she asked, her expression brightening, "Of course, I would. Oh thank you!"

Her brow furrowed, a nagging thought coming to mind. It did not occur her as to whether or not she should ask. After all, it was only within Curiosity's nature to indulge. "But is there nothing you need in return? After all, this would surely be quite a task...." And nothing, she knew, came without a cost. Experience had taught her that.

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: May 1 2017, 04:56 PM

Oho man
The story of “Pandora’s Box” was one that was, in all respects, absurd. Why the curiosity of a girl should be the condemnation of man was simply a cruel concept - and utterly impossible, really. It was simply natural for humans of any kind to be curious of their surroundings, and the environment in which they were placed. To forbid her to open the box was tempting fate, quite clearly. And he...well, in perhaps a more genuine fashion than before, he sympathized. With most of his allies, he had a slight sympathy toward their cause - or Kozmotis did - but with this girl he could genuinely sympathize; her fate had been sealed for her quite cruelly.

She seemed to take his words well, his suggestion - which was a good start for them, at least; however he would need, of course, to learn of her own uses to them, to the Anti-Guardians. Pandora was the first woman - but what could she do for him? He gave a soft smile as she herself begged that very question, and he hummed lightly. ”Quite a task indeed….” He kept his tone even, careful, kind. There was no reason to sound….over-eager. ”You’re quite right, it would help me greatly if you could assist me and my cause. To elaborate….the people who help me….we are beings not unlike yourself - who were shunned for one reason or another. I….but, well...we are opposed, by those who shun us, you see. I need allies that can….help me to bring a vision where we - and they - stand as equals to light. As for how you can help me….” He thought for a moment. ”Where is it that your talents lie? We shall go from there.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: May 1 2017, 11:20 PM

wildest dreams

What Pitch Black spoke of was not foreign to the blind woman. While she did not know about the cause that he spoke about, it sounded commendable enough. After all, she had been told that he was a helper and a rather misunderstood one. Moreover, the notion of being shunned as not peculiar. While she did not always recognize the emotion, Pandora did know that she had occasionally come across individuals who shunned her. Such had happened when she had crossed paths with the God Ares and the anger that had been directed at her was not foreign.

"You mean like the one who had been attacking the Other Mother?" She had not entirely understood what the fight was about, but whatever the reason had been had not appeared to be a good one. From what she could tell, the woman had not been able to fight back and he had planned to harm her anyway.

She paused at the question, considering. "They vary," she settled upon, "I am good at creating illusions with my music. I have been told that they look very realistic." She was not entirely sure if that was true or not, particularly because she could not recall if the ability was one that she had always possessed. "And I can heal with my tears, though it is more of something I use on myself." After all, people never stuck around long enough to hear about her healing abilities, let alone to experience them.

She came to a pause as the thought of her curse. "I have to wander constantly, sometimes slipping into places that I do not think are on Earth, but it is very difficult to hurt me," she said plainly, "People who attack me usually never try to again. I cannot see the damage, but I know people become injured when they attempt to."

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: May 16 2017, 02:09 AM

What a nice man c:
The Nightmare King’s brow rose - not that the girl could see it, of course - at the mention of an….attacker against the Other Mother. Now…that was news to him. Though, it made sense; she wasn’t particularly built for combat in the Real World. It didn’t surprise him to learn that she had come to harm. He gave a hum, tapping his index finger to the flat of his hand. ”That’s quite right.” he breathed, his voice soft and slightly hesitant. Of course, the hesitance was an act - he couldn’t sound fully assured, or else he would rouse suspicion. After all, he had no context to what had happened; to be certain was...to speak of things he knew nothing about.

He listened quietly as the dear girl began to speak upon her own capabilities. Illusions based upon….music; now, that was certainly a…useful capability, but that alone was not quite enough. The second skill however was far more useful - healing tears. He did wonder, though, if she had to be injured to produce tears in the first place. He rather hoped not; he was certain that she would have no desire to assist him if she was forced to endure pain to use that power, and the focus of this operation was….that she had to want to work for him. Ever more interesting….was that she….seemed to have the ability to redirect injury. That, too, was useful - though he couldn’t particularly fathom this girl on the battlefield. She didn’t have the mind for it. At least, not yet. But with training, perhaps. Presuming of course that she could remain in one place long enough to engage in combat.

”Your skills are numerous. And I think….if you would be willing….they do sound quite useful, and helpful, my dear.” He smiled lightly, stepping nearer. ”Because of those like the man who was hurting the Other Mother….those Guardians…my people are often left injured. If you are able to heal… then I believe we could use your talents indeed. But I must ask, your tears heal...but to produce those tears….must you be in pain? I would never ask you to heal another if it required that you, yourself, are hurting.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: May 16 2017, 02:43 AM

wildest dreams

Pitch Black's answer was most curious. He did not sound as if he was entirely sure about his answer, a hint of hesitance to his words. She wondered if he was attempting to act as if he knew about the matter at hand, but was not entirely sure. After all, she had presumed that the Other Mother and Pitch Black were affiliated in some manner. However, perhaps she had not told him of the event? It would make sense. Most people seemed to find embarrassment at the mention that they had been unable to defend themselves. Pandora had never understood the sentiment much, but then there was a great deal she did not understand.

So, she said nothing more upon the matter. Perhaps it would be best for the woman if she revealed nothing more.

She perked up at his words, quite pleased that she might be able to help others. After all, that was a claim she could not recall anyone else making. No, Pandora had always been a figure that others had seemed to worry about and it had always irked her slightly. After all, she was capable of defending herself. She would not still be alive were she unable to.

She noticed that he had shifted closer, though she thought little of it. Instead, her focus kept to his words. He spoke of unfamiliar terms. She had little idea of what a Guardian was, but she doubted that he was referring to beings that were meant to guard magical places. After all, there was little reason to hate them unless you ha gained their wrath.

Her lips curved into a frown."That is terrible," she found herself saying, unable to keep the thought to herself. After all, she knew quite well what I was like to be in need but to be lacking in help. However, she blinked owlishly at his question. "No," she said, "I just...have to cry. I usually carry some on my person since crying at will can be quite troublesome."

tag: PITCH BLACK // words: rip so innocent
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.