Add Reply
New Poll

Amphibious Assault, Open
☽ TIDUS BOLNA
 Posted: Nov 15 2017, 06:20 AM
100 • Marinan • Duty • Under the Sea

The water raged and the storm was unrelenting, man he didn’t know how humans go swimming or boating in weather like this. Really they shouldn’t they wouldn’t be in this predicament. The sea serpent thrashed about threatening to take down the cruise ship out with its rampage. It was a good 25 meters in length, and it knew how to use its body weight. The devil had already slammed itself into the side of the boat causing some humans to fall into the drink. Thank the gods this was a smaller one, or else he might be in real trouble. Tidus formed a tendril of water, hardening the density over its muzzle. Humans have fallen into the sea, but he wasn’t going to leave them to be eaten.

His water tendrils were now acting as makeshift reigns. He pulled at them in a scrambled to divert the beast away from the human vessel. The sea serpent didn’t appreciate having being constrained and now knocked back and forth against his pull. Tidus let out a breath and held his grip directing serpent to the abandoned sure. It splashed about causing waved but eventually was beached in a loud crash. Tidus went flying, hitting the sand with some force. Not enough to cause serious injury, but he knew tomorrow he was gonna ache. “My, my.” He said as he looked around ensuring no one was close enough to get hurt.

He looked to see the serpent wasn’t dead yet, it actually looked angry enough to lash out. Slamming a tail towards Tidus, it kicked up enough sand to blur his vision. He let out a grunt hoping this amphibious sea serpent would either get bored and leave of stand still and let him cut it. Tidus got out his sword and readied himself. It had been a while since he fought on land, but he thought moving wouldn’t be too hard this time around.
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 03:57 PM
Old • Stromkarl • Corruption • Water

Kare whispered into his ear with soft wispy words of carnage; one of the Sjöodjur had attacked a vessel of the land folk, news that was hardly worthy to Emil’s knowledge - after all, he didn’t care for humans in the slightest. But what she whispered of brought something strange, something worth investigating. Emil allowed the spirit of the skies to guide him, her breath tickling through his hair as she brought him nearer to the edge of the great body of water. Her voice grew louder and shriller with screams and the roars of the Sjöodjur. He turned his head up, sniffing the air, taking in the smell of salt, overpowering, the smell of humans, putrid and vile, the smell of blood, and the smell of something he did not recognize.

The Stromkarl’s ears twitched. That new smell...was what Kare had called to him for. He could see now, from where he stood by the shore, the Sjöodjur was locked in battle with some humanoid best the likes of which Emil did not know. It was familiar, in some sense; the smell was not human, but more similar to sea beasts. For now however, exactly what the man was didn’t matter; he had just beached the Sjöodjur, taking it away from its quarry. The beast had been hunting its quarry, and this man had taken it upon himself to take down the beast...which, on its own, was allowed; the hunting of a beast by a stronger creature was nature’s way. However by taking it to the sands, dry and hot, that would burn the beast’s flesh and dry out its lungs, this had become an act of cruelty. Or that was what it appeared to be, from this distance.

Emil moved swiftly, closing the distance between himself and the great serpent and its assailant. By Helgean, he would not allow any continued cruelty to the beast. Crystal-blue eyes bore sharply into the male and he let out a low hiss - not a threatening sound, but one to catch the other’s attention. ”If your aim is to hunt, kill swiftly. What you are doing now is torturous and cruel.” His voice was soft, but commanding; for now he would not attack - not until he understood the nature of this beast and why he had attacked the Sjöodjur in its hunt. If he gave no answer that Emil approved of, then other measures would be necessary. There was plenty of poison in the hearts of those humans, coursing through their veins. He could fill this beast with theirs to match a black heart.

GENGAR || He nekkid btw.
it can eat at you until they both turn black and blue. the poison in my veins that got me through her kiss.

PMEmail
^
☽ TIDUS BOLNA
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 09:23 AM

Every time I slip into the ocean, it's like going home.
Mood: Relaxed
Tidus wondered how he would fight a sea serpent on land there was basically only 2 axis of motion on land, such a limiting terrain it was maddening, but if the serpent wanted to persist then he would fight on. His lips puckered ready to let out a deafening scream, but the sound of hissing paused his attack. This wasn’t one of the monster, but rather a new comer. Tidus eyed him suspiciously a bare man with pointed ears and teeth, marking about their face, and sickly pale skin. He doubted the being were human, and rather surmised he was not pleased with this fighting. There were no official markings, but he was wary in case he was an agent of one of the many societies that called the waters their home.

“Under the ordinances my home land of Mu and the ordinances of Lemuria, all environmental advantages are fair game with sea creatures.” He said sheathing his sword, to show he meant the being no harm or trouble. He was unsure if the man understood what those names meant, or had an understanding of the sea laws. Both lost civilizations sunken under the waves of the ocean. He operated on their rules and morals, often hitting some culture shock when he came into contact with beings of different background. This was especially true of the other beings on earth connected to water. The likes of naiads, merpeople, nereids, fae, etc, etc; they all seemed so different from him and his people. His people were more organized ad explored their connected with nature. The other beings often seemed more chaotic and comfortable embracing nature’s ways without much question. “I am ignorant of the laws governing this section of waters, but my intent was not to hunt only to defend and divert.” He spoke honestly. It was hard to keep track of the different territories, that was one benefit of the trench it was all the law of survival.

liv's codes

EMIL AV HELGE
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 04:57 PM

The man was of a race Emil had not yet seen. Human was a smell that was similar, but at the same time, this creature smelled of the waters. By nature, Emil was suspicious; particularly given that the man was interfering with the natural order. If the beast had taken its prey, then he was best to leave it, or to hunt it in its own territory; this was not a hunt, not now. This was a slaughter; a beached animal could hardly defend itself.

He observed as the man stood, sheathing his blade as he turned to face Emil, reciting...law. Lemuria and Mu…Emil’s ears twitched. They were names he had never heard. Either this man belonged to a yet unknown civilisation, or he was attempting to cover for his behaviour to avoid punishment.

It became ever more a grievance when the man’s true motives were revealed - he had not been hunting at all; if he had, then Emil would at least have held leniency in that it was nature’s way. But instead he had sought to defend? He narrowed his eyes, but remained calm for the moment. There was no need to act violently as of yet. ”You operate upon laws of another land while trespassing foreign waters. That alone warrants offence and lawful action against you by the native lords.” Emil was himself not the ruler of this land, but he had delegations between theirs and the Stromkarlen; he was not so well versed in their laws on sea-beasts, however, as that had never been relevant to their talks.

”Moreover you have prevented nature’s course; the beast hunted its prey and you prevented a feeding. You take action against nature herself. What is your purpose here? Does your law of Mu and Lemuria hold power in this territory?”

Emil caught from the corner of his eye as the beast behind them writhed, attempting to throw its body into the other man. He made no effort to warn the other.

GENGAR A discussion of laws XD
it can eat at you until they both turn black and blue. the poison in my veins that got me through her kiss.

PMEmail
^
☽ TIDUS BOLNA
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 11:22 PM

Mood: Placid
“We are part of nature, if we are to interact with nature we are surely carrying out her will. Technically the laws are said to affect the expanses of the ‘Greater Ocean’.” He said remember the laws well from his time of study. They seemed reasonable when you lived in the Trench or met their allies in the Indian Ocean, but Tidus had found that their accords were more like guidelines when out in the wild waters as many called it. It was funny that once a civilization got to a certain age and influence, they thought their decrees were equal to that of a gods.

“You let beast eat what they want? Are you of the sea, by any chance? We have a different philosophy down there, as you saw when I was out in the open water. The actions each of us take are an extension of nature’s will.” He said tapping in to a bit of ancient Mu philosophy. “What do you guys—“ His thought was cut off with a vicious hiss from the sea serpent. I tire of the prattle between you two. The serpent got in a stance of aggression, years on the water have thought him this was mostly posturing, as many serpent assert themselves when their pride had been bruised. Tidus met its eyes, unbroken and spoke in the high-pitched language of the sea. “If you want to meet the ocean by the end of this day, stand down.” His voice sounded as if it was on the edges of human hearing at a high pitched frequency sounding almost as a faint song to the ear of a the foreigner. But for those who understood there was a threat in his voice.

The serpent relaxed from its aggressive stance begrudgingly. It was not doing well in the sun and on the land, Tidus was glad to see it had some sense of self-preservation. His attention turned back to Emil, “I apologize you had to hear my rudeness. My purpose here was for exploration, but there has been a disturbance in the movement of various legendary sea creatures of late. So I was investigating, when this friend here left its traditional hunting ground to badger any passerby.”

liv's codes

EMIL AV HELGE
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 02:37 AM

Greater Ocean. That was...not the name of any ocean he knew, but perhaps it was the local name given by the man’s people? It was a rather presumptuous name, to assume greatness...but such was the way of most peoples, be they human or otherwise. Regardless he did not know the ways of the sea folk; as kin of the river, where nature flowed as it would with little regard for its surroundings, he supposed there would be a difference in their natures. His ears twitched, and he shook his head. ”I am of Helgean, of the nordic rivers. Nature flows as it commands; beasts that are too weak to defend against predators are not strong enough and thus are weeded out by the hunter beasts. We allow mosnters to feed as they well, but we also allow prey to fight back as they will. It is the way of nature, to continue undisturbed. That is the way of the river men.”

Rivers fed into lakes and oceans; he supposed that there had to be a difference once a stationary body of water was reached. But so drastic...was sympathy such a powerful tool in the ocean? Were they so soft? It was such a different culture...one he could not fathom in the rivers. His thoughts, though, were distracted by the beast’s growl - a frustrated sound, one that caught the attention of the sea-man as much as the river-man. He was not fazed by it - as a beast himself, he was prepared to respond to any threat in kind, with teeth and claws.

What shocked him instead was the response of the sea-man. His voice…

Never had he heard that sort of a sound uttered from a humanoid.

His ears twitched and he let out a suspicious trill as he watched the beast stand down. He just now….spoke to it. But Emil had heard no words, not even the growls of the beast’s own tones. A language understood by beasts of these waters perhaps? Regardless...it was enough to quell its rage. Fascinating that such a calm overtook it in such a short time. Emil’s own voice had similar qualities, but to different ends. He eyed the sea-man, nodding at his apology.

”The rudeness was met in kind; I demanded you abide the laws of the river folk. The sea is foreign to me. However may it be known that I am a guardian of waters. If there is anything you may tell me of these bizarre happenings, the unusual movements of htese beasts...I may be able to help. If there is a disturbance great enough to shift their behaviours, it may mean trouble for the future.” Emil stepped back, bowing his head, a hand to his heart. ”I am Emil av Helge, and you are?”

GENGAR He's just like....jealous XD
PMEmail
^
☽ TIDUS BOLNA
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 04:53 PM

Mood: Placid
They allowed monsters to feed as they please with no inclination of trying to work alongside nature and direct it. It seemed to be like the way the wild sea folks lived on the outer edges of the empire, but even then those that shunned society were not as easily left alone by sea creatures as the rivermen of the world here. The sea people of the wild may strive to live in harmony with the ocean, but they wouldn't have such a lax view on the dangers of the sea monsters often being the best huntsmen. It seemed to peculiar this riverman would defend the creature, perhaps his kind have ties to serpents in some form.

"You are, I am a protector of waters of sort as well. Obviously I prefers the seas and ocean to the lochs, lakes, and rivers." There was a form of relieve knowing that there were others like him who were concerned by the welfare of aquatic life even on surface. Though he had a feeling his new ally's breadth only concern the aquatic creatures. Such points of differing opinions were moot, as there a common plight plague both protectors. "I am Tidus Bolna. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said bowing to him in turn.

His attention turned to that of the strange disturbances out at sea. The sea creatures were not acting normal, even in these colder northern waters they something felt off. Their actions were dictated by neither logic nor instinct. "There has been a large array odd actions taken by the sea creatures." He pointed to the Northwest, in the direction of the endless ocean blanketing the horizon. "I concluded that was the epicenter. It has two effects, it either causes sea life to lash out fearfully, like this sea serpent, or it calls them to that location as if bewitched." He paused a moment going through all of the stories he heard of a child of evil sea witches, but luring the unsuspecting into their dens for the slaughter was more of a siren's trait with humans. There was also a chance it was one of the supernatural being of the deep. As on land, the ocean had it fair share of tricksters and devils born of nature. "At first I thought it was the work of the humans, leaving an environmental hazard, but now I am suspecting something an evil ocean spirit or sea witch."

liv's codes

EMIL AV HELGE
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.