Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back, TAGGED:: MERLIN
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 04:38 AM
17 • Human Immortal • Determination • Austria

After what felt like a very long and drawing day of working around the shop, things were starting to finally settle as the day was starting to come to a closing. It wasn’t dark out yet so to speak, but it would be soon enough within a couple of hours. Meaning that he could manage to get an hour or two to work on gaining some degree of control over his magic. That is what Kayden should be doing but he honestly wanted to simply go to his room and pass out for the night. He couldn’t recall the last time he went to bed early. Lately he had been distracted by books and video games so he ended up going to bed much later than what he should. He really needed to stop doing that. Ignoring that thought the blond figured to push himself into working on his magic instead of sleeping.

He quickly grabbed all of his usual things he tended to bring with him before heading out the door out to the place he always found himself practicing at. It was a good fifteen minute walk but it was the one of the best places he found when he first came to this small town. There was also no worry about one of the villagers catching him since they never tended to stray off the pathway like he did. He understood it was dangerous side of things. There was no telling what exactly lived in the forest or if he strayed too far he could end up getting lost if he wasn’t careful enough. Nothing that bad seemed to have yet so he probably worrying over nothing just yet.

Once he finally made it to his destination, Kayden found himself more sleepy than when he first started making his way here. Maybe a quick break would do before he started anything. He did bring a book with him so he could read until he felt awake enough to do something. The blond adventured out only a little way off from his usual spot before getting to the tree that he had found to be a very good place for him to do some reading in for the time being. The moment his orange fell on that perfect tree that the teen carefully started to climb his way up until he found a branch which would be big enough to hold his weight without the worry of without the worry of it breaking on him. The branch was wide enough for him to lay on comfortably with his small form

Sadly, that the idea he had to keep himself awake did not last very long. Before Kayden could even tell what was going on, he found himself slowly drifting off to sleep.

464 — words
MOMOtags
Sorry this took so long — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 08:35 AM
2000+ • Part Fae/Part Sorcerer • Understanding • Nomad

After taking Kayden on as his apprentice, Merlin had begun to find most of his travels filled with planning and creating. To some extent, it had stunted his plans to meet other Guardians. However, it had allowed him to learned about the mortal world in greater extent as he found himself needing to figure out what to create or teach Kayden as a method of interaction between the two of them. Moreover, he found himself needing to come up with far more extensive plans on what to teach the youth. Frkm what he could tell, teaching Kayden would be far different from when he had taught either Morgana or Viviane. Kayden seemed to have incredibly weak control over his magic and was, in truth, a beginner.

He did find himself hoping that it went well. He had always been hesitant about taking in another student after Viviane and Kayden's request was one that he had felt some hesitation about. Even if he had said yes, he found himself in possession of a hidden fear that this might end the same as it had before: with his student turning on him for some reason, whether good or bad. At the same time, he found himself determined to teach Kayden as best as he could for these same reasons. The fact that boy would be starting from square one merely increased it.

Still, one thing at a time. Kayden would have to get a good grasp at the extent of what one could do as a water elemental. While he doubted that the youth would be able to do the same amount as himself, he likely would be able to do far more than he was currently doing.

Exactly how far things had come he could hardly be sure, but he imagined he would see today as their second lesson had come. He had finally figured out a manner in which Kayden could contact him with ease.

Traveling to Austria was fairly easy, but it took a bit more subtlety to find the blonde. Spells were something that could be noticed a bit more than himself at times and tracking spells were not exception. By the time he found the youth, he appeared to be taking a nap in a tree. He held back a sigh before casting a minor spell, causing the branch to move. Overall, it was harmless- well, except for the fact that Kayden would more than likely fall out of the tree than not.

tag » LLOYDY ''tis fine!
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 09:08 PM

Sleeping in a tree is not something the blond usually tended to do since he knew it was probably something really dangerous to do. He moved far too much in his sleep to make napping in trees a hobby of his. Reading in trees was generally safe though this time he managed to fall asleep without meaning to. Kayden was more or less tired from all the work he did today. There was far too much that needed doing so he did not have much time to take a breather until the very end of his work day. He did not intend to take a nap even though he really wanted to. All he wanted was to knock out some reading until Merlin came. That plan, however, failed. He barely got a page in before he ended up nodding off altogether. To make matters worse, he lost what page he was on.

The fact that the wizard was there with him was not something the boy knew. Nope Kayden merely slept on not knowing a thing about what was going on around him. That is, until he found himself falling out of the same tree he was napping in moments ago. His landing had been far from graceful as he landed quite roughly on his back. It would mostly likely than not leave a mark later on that he would feel much later than now. With a short whine, the blond pushed himself to sit up, glancing all around him. Being still half asleep, it took him a good while until his orange eyes fell on Merlin. Now he was just confused. He has yet to realize just what day it was or where he was. What he thought was that he was back home in his bedroom.

He sat there, trying to much sense of what the heck was going on. With him still not being awake fully, sadly, the blond was not getting very far. In fact, before he knew what was happening he found himself falling back asleep again instead of figuring out why Merlin was in his bedroom in the first place.

356 — words
MOMOtags
Sorry >_< I had to — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 04:31 AM

Merlin gazed at Kayden with just a hint of worry. The boy did not seem to be very responsive, taking in his surroundings with the astuteness of a man that might have been bludgeoned over the head. It made him worry if having the youth fall out of a tree had been the best of ideas. However, the idea quickly left him as it became clear that the boy was falling asleep on him. By God, the boy was a rather sound sleeper. When had the last time he had slept been?

Grimacing, he considered exactly what to do. Leaving would probably not be the best of ideas, if only because it would meant that Kayden would likely start panicking when he woke up. So, he could either allow the youth to sleep or wake him up. The former had some problems on its own, as he tended to more work what he was doing around his visits to Kayden than the other way around. As a result, he only had so much time.

The less kind path then. Grimacing, he brought forth some water, before allowing the ball of water to fall on top of the youth's head.

tag » LLOYDY
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 03:07 AM

Getting woken up from one of his naps is something that happened quite often for the young immortal. He had always had the habit of falling asleep in weird places or simply at bad times. Sometimes even both. Kayden never meant to do so. It always just happened before he could stop it. This time, however, the way he was getting woken up from had been far less nice compared to usual method than what he was used to. The moment the ball of water fell onto the blond’s head, jumped to his feet, letting out a small yelp in the process. He was not on his feet for very long. The poor boy ended up slipping, landing rather roughly back down to the ground. Well. He was certainly fully awake now. Awake and in pain.

Kayden didn’t bother getting back up. Nope. Instead he just sat there. He was not the mood to end up falling over again because him and the ground around him were both soaked. Wait a second… Glancing around the area, his orange gaze fell on Merlin. That’s right now he remembered everything. What the reason why he really was here. He somehow totally forgot about it. “S-sorry…I didn’t mean to…” He found himself trailing off at the end. He felt bad. He didn’t mean to take a nap. All he was trying to do was read.

232 — words
MOMOtags
Woops — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 05:01 AM

Merlin's plan worked quite smoothly. As soon as the water fell on the boy, Kayden jumped to his feet, an action which unfortunately led to the slipping and falling. Giving no indication of what he was doing, the sorcerer cast a small warming charm, the magic no doubt drying the boy off and, hopefully, lessening any pain he might be feeling.

He stayed quiet, allowing the short moment of silence to tick by. It seemed to take a moment, but the blonde soon noticed that he was not alone. At the guilty countenance that the youth seemed to adopt, Merlin found his own expression softening slightly. "Did not mean to what?" he queried patiently. There was no sign of anger or accusation in his tone. Rather, he sounded curious. After all, the wizard did not think the youth had much of a reason to actually be apologizing, particularly if he was apologizing for sleeping.

tag » LLOYDY
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 03:38 AM

As of late, his sleeping schedule had not been very good. Countless times he stayed up way passed the time he should be going to bed at. Books and video games were the cause. Once things got interesting Kayden just couldn’t help himself. He wanted to find out what happened so badly that he would ignore his responsibilities. He knew he needed to stop but every time he tried he would go straight back to staying up unholy hours of the night. But after today, he learned his lesson. He needed to go to back at his normal bedtime before he got himself sick or hurt for falling asleep in random places. Working and studying was more important than goofing off. He needed to stay focused otherwise nothing would ever get done.

Getting back up to his full height, the blond turned his orange gaze back onto his teacher. “For falling asleep…” He replied back meekly. That was not the only thing he was apologizing for. Not only did he managed to fall asleep while reading, he also forget what today was and why he supposed to come here in the first place. Kayden chose to keep the last bit to himself though. He honestly did not want to admit it out loud. “I haven’t really been going to bed when I should be.”

224 — words
MOMOtags
Woops — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 05:46 AM

Merlin's expression did not change, the soft quality staying in place. It appeared as though Kayden thought that he was in trouble, something which was not true. The sorcerer had never been the strictest of individuals unless he was pushed into a situation where his morals were put to the test or he found, in the case of instruction, himself being ignored in favour of foolish decisions. In the blonde's case, he found himself more exasperated.

He sighed. "Because you have been having trouble sleeping or you've screwed up your sleeping schedule?" The first was something he could help with. The second was naturally something that the blonde would have to fix on his own. "If it is more along the lines of the former then I can probably help. I know a few potions for such things. If not, then I can at least make something that will make you feel alert for awhile. Though, you should probably sleep after it wares off."

tag » LLOYDY
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 12:34 AM

Telling the truth as to why he was not getting the amount of sleep that he needed would be for the best here and now. Kayden knew better to lie. Especially over something so stupid as this. It was his fault for not going to bed at a decent hour despite having to open shop up and doing the various other things that needed to be done around the house. He still got up at his usual early time. It just he wasn’t going to bed when he really should. The books and video games were getting too good to stop. He wanted to know what happens next. He didn’t want to wait though he probably should. Correcting his sleeping schedule to way it was is more important. He could not keep going on like this.

It would be simple enough to explain why and how he keeps messing up with not sleeping when he should. Video games and reading. A normal cause for teenagers nowadays. The blond thought that to be true biased on what he saw and understand. So, he was just acting like someone would around his age. That was no excuse but knowing he wasn’t the only one made him feel slightly better. ”I screwed up my sleeping schedule. I’ve been staying up reading… well. Lately its been video games keeping me up. It’s hard to stop once you get into the story…” He replied meekly, trying to explain as best as he could. “I’ll stop staying up so late. It’s causing a lot of problems that I don’t need right now.”

266 — words
@MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:41 AM

Kayden's explanation made some amount of sense. After all, Merlin could understand messing up a sleep schedule. It was something that was common knowledge and being as old as he was did not mean that he did not know that something such as a healthy amount of sleep was important. It did also answer a few important questions, considering he had become convinced that the blonde was a fairly oblivious immortal. The idea as to why he had stayed that way seemed a obvious now. Clearly, he seemed to be human enough, just a bit less easy to kill now.

Well, mostly. Running into constant trouble was no doubt unhealthy for the boy. Nonetheless, he would deal with that today, or so he hoped.

What he did not understand was the cause. "Video games?" he echoed, a blank look crossing his face. He was admittedly still learning about the modern world and he had been focusing on what he had deemed important, such as the structure of civilizations, culture, and so on. Clearly, he was missing a few spots.

He shook his head. "You are not in trouble, Kayden," he said, deciding not to focus on what he did not understand, "I can assure you that I have had apprentices do far worse than neglect their sleep." Unfortunately, both Viviane and Morgana were examples of this, though much of what Morgana was decidedly worse than anything Viviane had and likely ever would do in his opinion. He was not entirely sure Viviane realized that herself though.

He paused. "My offer still stands," he said, "Though, if you like, I can show you what I have devised so we can keep in contact." A look of amusement crossed his face. "I think I can guess how well you have gotten with what I told you to do last time is going."

tag » @LLOYDY
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 05:14 AM

Making it a point to actually go to bed at the usual time he made to be his bedtime is something Kayden would have to force himself to do. No matter if he was reading a really good book or making it to a very interesting part in the game he was currently trying to beat. Sleep was more important. He couldn’t keep up with working around shop, doing his normal errands, and most of all working on his magic. It was becoming a bit too much for him without getting the amount of rest a young teenager his age should be getting. It was fun while it lasted spending the late hours of the night doing those things but now it was time to actually get back to what he should be doing. It was not good for him to keep falling asleep in random places. He was lucky that it was Merlin who found him and not someone else.

It became quite clear that the wizard got confused somewhere along the way of explaining why the blond hadn’t been getting much sleep was due to video games and reading books. Kayden figured the books were not the issue here. What he guessed that video games were. Maybe the other didn’t know what they were? He could see that honestly… Video games were, well, newer technology. He would imagine that some of the immortal crowd did not pay much attention to the newest technologies coming out. Knowing that now somehow got him excited.

“You don’t know what video games are?” He asked. “There are different types though the ones I play have a story to it…. I guess you can say video games are interactive stories? Well not all of them. There are some made to play with friends. Racing ones… It might better to just show you… It’s hard to explain it. I should have brought my DS with me today. I usually do…” At this point, the young immortal was rambling about one of his favorite hobbies. Not paying much attention to what he was saying anymore.

Hearing his name is what finally popped Kayden back into reality of what was going on. He kind of guessed that he would not be in trouble for screwing up his sleeping schedule and not doing what he should have been doing. Hearing Merlin actually say it out loud made him feel better though. “Yeah. I understand that.” He replied back with a light nod of his head. “I’ll try and start going to bed at the time I should be.”

For the moment at the very least, Kayden felt he was awake enough. He likely had been asleep for some time so he should be fine until he got home for the night. “It’s fine. That nap did me some good.” He reassured. “That’s the reason why you came here… besides since trouble keeps finding me its probably better that I have a way to contact you.” Why he was prone to finding trouble was beyond him. When he was traveling he never seemed to run into anything or anyone that intended him any harm. But now? He was running into all kinds of things. It was getting stressful. “Um… well… I did at first but kind of got sidetracked… Sorry.” A nervous laugh escaped him. In his mind at least, he got a little better before he totally forgot about it altogether.

574 — words
@MOMOtags
He sure loves his video games — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: May 6 2018, 11:17 PM

Merlin frowned, unable to keep the sardonic look off of his face. "You mean that wasn't obvious from what I just said?" he stated dryly before rolling his eyes, "I basically slept through the last millennium or two. Nasty business with that whole battle between Arthur and Mordred. A lot of people died; I got trapped in stone before it even began. The stories like to say the Lady of the Lake did it as part of some twisted love story, not that that's true." He was not about to mention how Viviane had knocked him out and that had led him to being significantly easier to encase in stone. "Anyway, you miss a lot as years pass by."

He eyed the blonde skeptically. "You're right; that explained nothing." He shook his head. "It isn't that important." Truth be told, he dealt with children often enough that he would probably find out through his Guardian duties. Moreover, he was well aware that his ignorance was useful in such a job. Children did tend to love explaining things and it was probably better when his curiosity came from somewhere genuine.

The wizard nodded at the blonde's words. "If you are sure," he said. He waved off the apology. "Having trouble is normal and I came up with two methods for that reason," he said before pulling out a necklace. Its stone was clear and cold, almost like glass. "This should work in the case of an emergency; you only need to say my name to contact me. Try to keep it on you. The other method-" Carefully, he formed a bowl out of wood before filling it. "Might help you with control. Have you heard of scrying?"

tag » @LLOYDY
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:21 AM

It seemed as if that he might have said something he probably shouldn’t have. He got too excited again and didn’t think before speaking. Nothing new for him. Kayden, of course, did not mean to bring up the past the way he did. He was not thinking. He became over excited, acting and speaking without much thought behind to what he was doing. Now he felt bad. Being the bookworm that the blond was, he knew extent to what the wizard was telling him. A good portion of it was news to him. Still he should probably apologize. He acted without thinking like he normally did. When it came to things he liked, he tended to nerd over them more than he probably should. “S-sorry…” He said, looking much like a kicked puppy. There was more he wanted to say but found that he couldn’t force anymore out of himself.

Dropping the whole subject about video games would probably be for the better here. Showing what they were and how they worked is easier than using words. Video games were not necessarily an easy thing to explain. And, well, there was more important things that needed to get done. He already wasted enough daylight napping away the time he didn’t have. There were more important things for him to be focusing on than explaining one of his hobbies. Maybe another time. Or probably not at all. The blond doubted that Merlin had any interest to begin with.

It was not that he was having trouble with using his powers. It had been the fact that he kept on getting himself in a lot of bad situations more and more lately. Situations that Kayden couldn’t get out of without someone helping him. He could have avoided such things if he actually paid more mind to his surrounds, didn’t try to help everyone he came into contact with, or listened to the warning he got from others. The list could probably go on. He was doing better though he guessed that he would likely more than not put himself in situation where he would need saving yet again. He should honestly learn how to fight without his powers. It would probably do him some good.

“That’s not the kind of trouble I’m talking about but okay.” He replied, watching the other carefully. The stone looked like the one he already had on his person. Though the one in front of him was lighter in color but served the same purpose. Before he could get a word in, the other continued. He understood how the stone necklace worked since he had something similar to it. But the other thing? Now he had more questions than answers. Kayden figured to hold the number of questions until when Merlin was done explaining everything. “I have heard of the word before. I dunno what it means though.” He recognized it from somewhere probably from either books or video games.

493 — words
@MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 06:13 AM

Merlin had a particularly bad habit of leaning on sarcasm when he was comfortable enough with an individual. For the most part, it was harmless. After all, he was not a cruel individual and even with those that he occasionally butted heads with he never attempted to be. However, he tended to forget that those who were not used to his company might misunderstand that he was not actually offended by what they were saying and it was just how he spoke. After all, most people did not know that he had spent so little time among people, let alone humans, for an immortal his age that he had come to have difficulties understanding the finer aspects of civilization and socialization.

His expression softened slightly at the blonde's reaction. "It is fine," he admitted, "You can ask questions; I don't particularly mind. I just...have never been good with human things. I sort of got a reputation as a crazy old man for a reason. Missing so much has admittedly not helped." To some extent, he felt like he as discovering the human world once more and trying to learn everything he could. After all, was that not what he was doing? The only difference was that he was trying to catch up, not learn everything he had not known.

His brow furrowed. "What sort of trouble then?" he asked curiously, not willing to drop the matter. He knew that all students tended to learn differently and he was not about to force Kayden to learn in a manner that would get him nowhere.

He focused on the subject of scrying. He could tell that the blonde had questions already, but had not voiced them. Hopefully he eventually did. "Simply put, it is prophesizing through means of a medium. Humans generally think of it as the whole crystal ball type of thing, but a number of different sort of items can be used as a medium. However, you can use a similar method to speak to people. Mirrors are a rather popular method; however, considering your methods using water might be better. Theoretically, using ice could be possible as well."

tag » @LLOYDY
love, libby
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 02:16 AM

The look of him being kicked puppy disappeared before the blond was able to register it. Instead, he stood there, looking rather confused. Orange eyes blinked as he tried to process what was happening. He apparently read the situation wrong… Not really something he usually did but it happened more than what Kayden wanted. He felt relieved to a degree since he did not manage to mess up. It was good to know. Though the need to stick by his apologize to Merlin was there. He still felt bad for bring up something he shouldn’t have. The feeling was unneeded, but he could not help it. He chose to move on and ignore what he currently felt. It would be for the better.

“Actually. I don’t have any questions.” He said, half lying half not. He did have somethings he wanted to ask but putting them into words would be difficult so it would be best to save them for later. “Um… I am good with technology… I can give you some pointers or something.” When it came to computers or anything of the sort, he knew a lot far more than the average person. He found them fun and when he had the time he would mess around with them. As of late though that time was growing shorter and shorter. Too much stuff needed to get done. Not to mention, most of free time went into reading and playing video games nowadays.

Kayden knew there was still much to learn when it came to mastering his magic and getting stronger in general. Along the way of learning without a doubt he would run into some kind of danger sooner or later. Hopefully much later. He has a bad habit of getting into messes that he can’t get out of by himself. He didn’t mean to. It always just sort of happens. “You know… the nearly getting killed trouble.” He started out nervously. “And well… controlling my magic too but that’s my own fault for not staying focused.”

Quietly he listened to what exactly this scrying thing was. By what he had been explained, it was something he saw done before in the many video games he played and the books he read. He already basically knew what it was but didn’t know it was called exactly. He had a general idea but nothing that he really thought would do much. It was something he wanted to learn how to do. It would be so cool if he could do it. Whether it was helpful or not. He wanted to learn. “Would I even be able to do something like that?” He asked. All the other questions he had for the wizard had been answered or were eaten away by the boy’s excitement of being able to possibly do something he thought to be cool.

476 — words
@MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.