Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

To Begin Anew, Tag Maidie~
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:33 AM
615 • Kelpie • Ignorance • Near the water

Still living in the currents you create Still sinking in the pool of your mistakes Oh, I'm coming up for air.
Even as she stood, stagnant within her human form. The form that contained the rage she felt, ever internal and as vengeful as a wildfire, it blended in perfectly with the humans. Yet, she could hardly be considered one, even as Maidie took the appearance of one. The lochs rushed through her veins, watery rapids of blackened water that churned with such mystery and a wild nature.

The water spirit was connected to this source of life to many. Water, fluid and ever moving, and taken her as it's own, changed her into this being. She didn't know this, not at all, the place from where she had emerged had only been a confusing beginning to her.

The world had been bright and new, sparking such frustration in her to tear apart anything that had come close to her. But the water still accepted her as it's own, healing her wounds and harboring her spirit, and this seemed to please Emil. Oddly enough.

Confusing as he may be, the water fae was all-knowing. At least, to Maidie he was. A being of immense dignity and respect, she wished to please him and follow in his footsteps. Even if some things he said were annoying, yet that couldn't be helped.

Maidie flicked the piece of cloth from her fingers, just as he replied. Not hers, not one of the Kelpie. But close.
Stromkarlen clan of the River Helge. That just sounded like a bunch of nonsense to Maidie, but the kelpie listened all the same, even if she didn't quite understand.

"What is a Stromkarlen." Maidie whinnied, blunt in her confusion and childlike with her tonality. Blinking her wide brown eyes, the perfect betrayal of innocence and ignorance alike. "And what is a River Helge? Can I go there with you? Is it full of kelpie too? Is there walking food there?"

At his answer to her question, Maidie scowled, despite him not meaning it in a mean way. Huffing in his general direction, she dipped below the water for a moment, before emerging once more. Cheeks puffed full with water, the kelpie promptly spat a perfect stream of water to hit him the face. Playfully, of course, or was it really?

"It is not my fault the humanfolk stink so much." Maidie grumped, ignoring her completely childlike actions as she snorted. And, like an afterthought, she added. "You stink too."
It was a lie, he smelled rather good to the kelpie.

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE In which Maidie is a complete child.
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:26 PM
Old • Stromkarl • Corruption • Water

She was an infant. Was this what it was to….raise a child? Rearing in the village of Stromkarlen was left to select karl. He had been instead gifted with the mark of the River King, becoming one of his heirs - and as such was not taught in the ways of rearing offspring. But was raising a Kelpie the same as it was for raising Stromkarlen? As young they were different beasts - he knew that much to be true. Kelpie were strictly beasts that dined on the flesh of humans, while the Stromkarlen were omnivorous, consuming flesh of man, of beast, fruit, weeds and even bark in the coldest and barest of winters. In fact consumption of the flesh of humans was dangerous - fishtales spoke of the transformation to a human being if the exact mass of one was consumed by a Stromkarl. That he or she would become more and more like them. Of course he didn’t know if such words were true or merely tales, but he as a youngling had feared the prospect. By their natures, Stromkarlen and Kelpie were different beasts. To raise her then...he would need to think in a different way than he was accustomed.

It would not be….easy.

Ah, but she wished to know what he was. Of course, she had no knowledge of the word, so would not know its meaning. So many questions at once….River Helge, its inhabitants...she wished to learn much in such a short time. Little ones were difficult. And she seemed to be mildly offended by his words, the foal ducking beneath the water for a moment only to spray him. He let out a soft snort, blinking and tossing his head, shaking his mane and spraying water everywhere. The brook horse gazed upon her with sharp eyes, lowering his head again. ”I do not stink. And neither will you given time to adjust. The water will ebb away the stench of land folk from you and you will become more like us. The fault is yours because your body resembles them. But you will be cleansed.”

But now her queries….of the Stromkarlen, of Helge. Emil snorted once more, plodding toward her. ”Strom Karl is translated loosely to River Man. We are therefore men borne of the river.” His tone became wistful, distant as he thought back to his home. ”The river is called the Holy River, Helge. It is an old river in the area the Land Folk refer to as Scandinavia. It is very far from here. We the Stromkarlen came to exist a long time ago. The River King who watches over us has said that we once were no different from the fishes, little mindless creatures that fed off the land. He has told me that the Land Folk fought a deadly battle in that river, and that it was only after that battle, after the bodies of the Land Folk settled and stilled, that we first appeared. It was gradual, but we came to be intelligent. I was not born during that time, so I don’t know if it all is true. But I believe in our King and I believe he speaks the truth.” Helge was the only reason that Emil had escaped the clutches of the Land Folk, after all. He trusted the King of his river.

”I do not know if kelpie ever lived in our river. But I believe it is habitable to them. We the Stromkarlen have kept to ourselves, but many creatures pass through our waters.” He paused a moment, looking her over. ”Did you wish to visit?”

To return home….even for a short while…..quiet hope drummed inside his heart. He did so miss the waves….the familiar tingle of the water, fresh and clean…..but he could not stay. He knew he could not stay. For if he did then poison….

But even a short visit would be pleasant.

MAIDIE | USIN DA NEW TEMPLATE LIKE WHOA
it can eat at you until they both turn black and blue. the poison in my veins that got me through her kiss.
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 02:12 AM

Irritation gathered easily within her, like a bundle of storm clouds on the brink of a budding storm. This felt like the easiest emotion to feel, like annoyance, or frustration. It stemmed from her impatience, which it turn was inspired by her ever growing ignorance of the world.
Maidie didn't understand why Emil told her she stank of the land folk, it wasn't her fault that they were so messy when she hunted them. Red stuff spraying everywhere like a geyser, gross. so she retaliated childishly, which she didn't seem to even mind how naive her actions were.

Luckily for her, he didn't scold her physically, although the Kelpie didn't even consider that consequence now. Instead, she scowled, lowering enough into the water as she listened to him talk, while she blew bubbles upon the surfacing of the water with her mouth.
"Not my fault." She grumbled, but it instead it came out as a neigh, and it was rather hard to sound angry when you spoke like a horse.

The sudden spiel of information bestowed upon her seemed to pull Maidie out of her pouting state, instead causing a hint of intrigue to bloom within her.
Raising out of the water so that her head popped all the way out, her long dark brown hair spread around her like a semi-halo over the murky water, the girl listened quietly.
All of it sounded like gibberish to her. Stromkarlen. River Man. Holy River. Scandinavia. The kelpie wasn't even sure how he translated that last word into horse, she'd never heard it before.

She could understand the legend, or fact in his point of view, that Emil told her. The Strom...Stromkarlen sprang from the dead bodies of the walking food, or rather the burial ground of them, simple enough.
He had a King too, and in the faintest corners of her mind could Maidie remember what a king was. The kelpie knew that it was someone of extreme importance, at least.

Emil's question, would she like to visit, was one she mulled around her mind. Hardly could he tell her that kelpie had ever visited before....but in her ever budding stubborn natire, Maidie decided she didn't care if any of her kind hadn't visited yet, she wanted to go.
"Yes." Maidie whinnied, swimming forward in her sudden eagerness and promptly transforming into her form of the mare. Tossing her head once, the horse nickered with a mixture of excitement and anticipation.

EMIL AV HELGE Pardon any spelling errors or weird grammer stuff <3

PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 07:32 PM

Not her fault….well that was both true and untrue at once. How it was not her fault - well that blame belonged to him. He had been the one to change her into what she was; not by intent, but all the same, it had happened by fate’s design. It was however faulted to her in that by nature, she had been borne as one of them, as land folk. But, he accepted her behaviour for now - she was a foal, he would let her be. Foals were petulant things; she would learn to behave properly in time.

There was so much for her to learn. He was glad to hear her ask of the Stromkarlen, for though it spawned an ache inside him, an ache of longing for his family, he was also proud to speak of them. Few knew of the Stromkarlen; they were, often, mistaken when seen for Kelpie - at least when in their equine form. They were similar in nature, but they were cousins at best - in truth they had a closer connection to fish and humans than to horses for the nature by which they came about. They were not well known beasts - but that was by their own design; Stromkarlen kept largely within their communities, rarely leaving beyond the need to hunt and feed.

They had been borne most grotesquely, that was what he knew. Helgean had told them much, had told them of their origins. It sounded especially bloody and Emil found himself wondering how it was possible that such beauty came of such blood and death. The Stromkarlen were beautiful creatures, truly; they had love and music to give, two things which were inherently beautiful. They sang beautifully and they danced beautifully and they were so beautiful that they entranced the land folk. But then Helgean had said that not all beautiful things began as such. Neither were all beautiful things truly beautiful deep within their core.

Emil was not so beautiful any more, corruption in his heart had taken that. Beauty was a tarnished thing in his eyes.

The water fae moved forward, bumping his nose lightly against her own as the kelpie changed into the form of the mare. The brook horse let out his own quiet puff of breath, swishing his tail in the waters. ”If you wish to go, then I will take you. But I will remain outside of the waters.”

He did not wish to alert his brothers and sisters nor Helgean to his presence; they missed him as he missed them, but as he was now, poisoned and filled with sickness….he did not wish to risk spreading it to them, by any means. To even let a small fraction ooze from his lips or through his pores, he could not live with himself to tarnish Helgean. He wished…..to see them again, but he knew he could not. So for their sake and for his he would stay out of the waters of Helgean. At least for now. But if she wished to go, then he would take her. ”Helgean would wish to speak with you, for you are a newborn foal. There is much the King could teach to you. Do you wish to go now, little foal?”

MAIDIE | ADVENTURE TIME???
it can eat at you until they both turn black and blue. the poison in my veins that got me through her kiss.
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 07:41 AM

Still living in the currents you create Still sinking in the pool of your mistakes Oh, I'm coming up for air.
Emil was not humanfolk. It was very much obvious now, and before that too. He didn't look like them, not with his pointy ears or painted face. He was much too pretty too, he gave off a different air than the walking food did. Some of them were just plain ugly.

He was water...waterkin, yes, but of a different kind. Not Kelpie, not hers, but another thing. A thing she didn't know about, called Stromkarlen. It was hard to say it, even in her mind, this unfamiliar and foreign word, but she shaped it clearly enough.

The curiosity pulled at her, and for the first time in what she thought was the beginning of her existance, and to now, her instincts felt...unimportant, for the time being. The seeking of knowledge, as he spoke to her about the battle of legend, and how his kind came to be...it intrigued her.

Even so, he could take the form of her kin's beast as well, if not more..beautiful, in her eyes. She wanted to see his people, if they were like him or not. Emil, so far, had proven his wisdom and ability of protection, not like she had been even testing him in the first place, but because of this...only made her warm up to him more.

Shifting into her form of the mare, the creature bumped her nose back at him gently, and listened as he spoke. Only a twinge of apprehension bloomed within her, he would not be going with her. What if the Stromkarlen rejected her, much like the humanfolk had done so?

A soft whinny of worry left her, while she shifted upon her hooves with a nervous nature, gently splashing the water about and sending ripples over the surface.
"Will they welcome me there?" She neighed, snorting once with a short flick of her ears. If they threw the painful rocks like the humans did, Maidie was not sure how she would react. Probably by running away.

Yet the knowledge of a new place, one that had been seemingly far beyond her reach before. It intrigued her enough to overpower the fear, that she bobbed her head, to affirm that she indeed wanted to go at that very minute.

"Yes, I do." The Kelpie spoke with a nicker, her excitement poorly contained as she waited for him to take off. What would she find there? And...how would Helgean be? Would he be much like Emil? The questions crowded her mind, as she remained poised and ready to take off.

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE ahhhhHHHHHH ADVENTURE
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 05:24 PM

The ache to see home was stronger than it had been before. Emil….did not often yearn as such, because he knew that returning would only be painful; but here he found himself...wishing for home. Perhaps it was the sight of the kelpie foal so lost that drew that desire to return, or perhaps it was the fact that Helgean himself would be, perhaps, the best help for her. He was far older than Emil and had known her kind - Emil himself was unfamiliar with her, for though he had heard of and met kelpies in the past, he was not so certain of those which were born in such unnatural ways as she.

Those that began as land folk and became kelpie. He hadn’t known it was possible. Helgean would know.

He gave a soft puff of air as she bumped her nose against him, allowing the contact. Though he was usually averse to it, he didn’t mind this; she was, after all, waterkin. Like this, as the mare, she smelled almost tolerable; still of flesh, because she had recently eaten, but the stench was wearing away. It was more the stench of blood, though, than that of their living, breathing, vile bodies. He could bear this at least. Yet, there was another scent which he recognized of her, and that was uncertainty. She was….not certain of herself. Perhaps she was anxious, worried if the other Stromkarlen would be so kind as to accept her or not. And truth be told, many would likely look upon her as a strange beast. They were not particularly social creatures, but as she was waterkin, she would be at least...considered a friend.

Ah, and there it was, in her query. He had been right. He let out yet another puff of air, bowing his head so that his snout met the water, and he sent a small splash toward her. ”Do not think so hard upon it. You will be welcomed for the guest you present yourself to be. If you are a good guest, you will be welcomed. If you are a troublemaker, then you will not. The answer should be simple.” Really, it was the most sensible answer, one that she herself should have come to. But then, she was a foal, he would give her that much; mentally she was young, and did not understand things like etiquette. But she would learn, he would teach her.

He gave her a quick nudge as her excitement seemed to return, sinking low into the water. ”We have a ways to go from here. Follow me. We will stop to eat from time to time, but I will take you to our home. The waters will carry us.”

MAIDIE IF YOU WANT WE CAN TIMESKIP TO THEM BEING AT SWEDEN
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: May 13 2017, 09:59 AM

The world was a strange place, wild and foreboding, an existence she had been thrust into with this blank slate and naive mind. The instincts of the hunt would call her forth, but her confusion about these feelings would arouse a state of frustration and pure, animalistic tendencies. She had no rules of society to follow, nor did she hardly understand the dangers of other beings around her.
Other water fae, and especially other Kelpie would soon take notice of this infant beast. Maidie left a path of destruction within her wake, and without a guiding hand soon, this would lead to her untimely demise.

This....Stromkarlen. She figured them to be much like Emil, that being what he was. Did they all look like him? This innocent question she pondered, even as she nudged him affectionately, seeking contact to soother her anxious feelings. Maidie hoped they would not pelt rocks at her.

Perhaps his people would be wise as well. They could tell her things...this king of his could....could help even.

At the small splash of water sent her way, she snorted in return, splashing him back in the midst of his reply as the mare listened. He...somewhat eased the nervousness she felt, but Maidie was not all that convinced.
"What if I-...make them mad." Maidie whinnied back, hooves shifting finicky within the water. Truly, she did not want to dwell upon these feelings, as annoying as they were. Perhaps she should just approach this situation when it was presented to her, rather than worrying about it right now...

The thought of a new place to discover, new waterkin to meet, pacified whatever unease she felt. The Kelpie would simply settle for indulging her curiosity, and ignore her fear for now. If Emil thought it was okay for her to go, even on her own, then she would trust him.
A toss of her head followed, in the appearance of a nod at his next words. Following his lead, she began to follow him deeper into the water until her head disappeared below the surface, slinking through the water as easily as a fish.

~TIMESKIP TO SWEDEN~

The waters, although the lochs of Scotland were chilly all the same, seemed to be colder here. Yet still comfortable, as the thick skin of the Kelpie endured the iciness of any water. Swiftly, she followed after Emil, keeping nearby him as they neared his home domain.

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE Off they go~
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: May 17 2017, 02:59 AM

Emil had taken the lives of countless land folk before this one, in exactly the same way. They came to him, they lusted for him, and wantingly they followed the water fae deep into the river. Their fates were deserved and the river always carried their corpses to the depths where the fish could consume what remained of their flesh while their bones were ground to dust. That had always been the way, so why was this one different? Why did this one return? It was a mystery, but she was his charge.

But then, she was not quite like other prey he had taken to the depths. Even when he had used the seductive tones of his voice, she had only ever wanted for a kiss. Land Folk were carnal beasts, easily made to act upon their basest of desires. Perhaps it was because she was yet young, but she seemed not to have them. Perhaps the waters had forgiven her for bearing pure intentions. Even coerced by his magic she had simply wanted affection.

No matter the reason, she was his responsibility now. He had to teach her that she was not Land Folk, to teach her that she was fae now. The other fae would hate her for her smell, many of them; she would not be trusted. She needed a guide, one who could protect her from those who were so like him, who despised Land Folk for existing. Never had he had to care for one before, but now...it made him wonder; just how much of her was Fae? How much of her remained to function as the Land Folk did? She spoke in braying tones of equines and ate man-flesh, clearly, but did she feel as Land Folk did? Was it her heart that remained like them? She was a child, a little one even by their standards. She was chaos, he needed to bridle her, to teach her. Though he had never taught a kelpie before...

He indulged her nudging, for little ones, to his knowledge, desired attention. He would give it to the babe. Though, she was unruly, even with him; the sudden, unexpected splash - then again, he had done so first, he should have anticipated retaliation - startled him and he released a low trill; one that could be interpreted as a warning, but for her was simply a sound of content playfulness. He snorted at her, though the water upon his face was pleasant.

He thought for a moment upon her words - that she would make them mad? Of course she would. Simply by existing she ran the risk of angering them; she smelled of the very beasts that plunged Helgean’s waters into poison and resulted in his own vile captivity. ”They would not touch you if you are with me. I am of their kin.” His response was truthful - after all, though he no longer recognized himself among the Princes of Helgean, the marks were still worn upon his face; he was, still, a Prince of the Holy River. He led her along, then, without a further word, the river carrying them across the streams, speaking its many languages as the two swum and swum.

The water was cold, but Emil took it to a sense of comfort. He had remained in the form of the brook-horse as they travelled, but now, he changed shape once more into the human-skinned body; he looked up to her, nudging her shoulder, pushing her toward the shore, toward the mouth of a great cavern. On the outside, it did not look like much - but within, the cave was filled with a faintly bluish glow from the bioluminescent moss and the glow-worms that hung from the ceiling like living, swaying stalactites. This cave….was one of many mouths to the Stromkarlen’s home; they now stood above it - the pool that stood in the very middle of the cave led straight down to the underwater ravine in which they lived; Stromkarlen were deep-see creatures, living far, far down below the cracked earth in a network of undersea caves. Emil waded towards the center of the stilled pool, trilling towards the water, utilising a call that only Stromkarlen used to summon others of their kind, or to call to the King himself.

He turned back toward Maidie, reaching out, beckoning toward her, even as a silver-haired male not unlike Emil rose from the water. He, however, had eyes of white, and his skin was scaly instead of fleshy, his body remaining almost serpentine as he moved towards the two, his tongue sticking out to smell the air around him.

When he spoke, it was with a voice inside their minds.

You are not fae, but not Land Folk. Where do you come from?

MAIDIE | I'm half asleep I'm sorry if this is brainless. Also this is the guy that just came outta the pool
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: May 21 2017, 09:44 AM

Sinking past the surface of the water, it suddenly occurred to the young Kelpie that Emil was perhaps the only being she had held a conversation with, and was now accompanying him as a travel companion to an unknown place....for the first time in her lifespan. Her usual encounters were usually her hunting down the walking food, or rather curt words between other Kelpie. There was no learning involved, only cold and territorial interactions that only left her more confused than before.

But this...this might give her answers. This River King she was meeting, if Emil was so wise...could she learn too? This world she lived in was very much confusing, even the concept of herself hurt her head sometimes. Maidie didn't know why she was born like this....or why this was all she ever was.

Confidentially enough, the Kelpie trusted her newfound companion, as she slipped through the water as easy as a fish after him. If his people didn't attack her, because she was with him, then the Kelpie was sure to stick very close to him.

The cooler waters they now swam through did shock her senses a bit, but reminded her of the lochs she was born from not too long ago. S...Scotland, that was where she took up residence for that short while, and even those waters had been chilly, considering the season.
Noticing as Emil shifted into that of his human form, the Kelpie was quick to do so herself, still moving after with surprising ease.
From his nudge upon her shoulder, she swiftly moved towards the mouth of the cave. Breaking out through the surface of the water, Maidie was quick to push the dark, unruly hair that had fallen like a curtain in front of her face. Meanwhile her dark eyes flickered up to the glowing ceiling of the cave, her mouth practically dropping open.

Awe filled her gaze, as she wandered in. Wading through the water, the girl's attention was only drawn back to the present when the sound of Emil's call reached her ears. At the ripple of the water, signaling the appearance of a new creature, she quickly slipped over to him.
Practically hiding behind him as the silver-haired man appeared, Maidie gently gripped one of Emil's arms with both of her hands as she peeked out from behind him nervously. When the voice suddenly appeared in her head, she flinched as a small whinny emitted past her lips. Why was she being so shy and nervous now?

"The loch." The Kelpie spoke in her most natural tongue, horse-speak. As the neigh parted from her lips, she wondered for a moment if she must translate it to English, or did she need to say it in her head? Furrowing her eyebrows with concentration, she focused on the former.
"K....K-el-..." Her bottom lip trembled from the effort. Maidie wanted to say Kelpie, she was a Kelpie. Not human folk, not-...no, maybe she was a fae? Maybe she just smelled funny? "K...EL-..." A whinny broke through her words, and she practically buried her face into Emil's arm with a huff of frustration. She couldn't even speak!

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE Maidie's not so good at this talking thing
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 01:26 AM

He had his reservations on taking her to the underwater home of the Stromkarlen. Not in any insult to her, but simply...she was different, and the Stromkarlen, while not hostile by nature, were not trusting by nature. Certainly not after the Land Folk came close to making the sickness too much for them to bear. She smelled better now than she had before, but Maidie still smelled of the Land Folk. They would be wary, perhaps even shun her. He did not anticipate she would be well-appreciated by the river-fae.

Yet it was probably necessary; after all, the only reason he now took her under his wing was because of Helgean. He had been the one to urge it, so there had to be a reason for it. Addressing Helgean directly was the best course of action. He could tell that the waters were not the most pleasant for her; it was not her climate, after all. It would take time adjusting. Fortunately, they were more adaptable than simpler creatures, than fish. Her body would be able to adjust to the change. As such he was less concerned than perhaps he would have been with other young.

She followed as he shifted once more, his ears flicking slightly as he let out a huff of air. It would be easier for her this way. He was at least glad that she appeared to be able to shift quickly between forms. That was the first mastery she had achieved. Usually it took a while for young Stromkarlen to learn how to shift, but they were also born as beasts; she was Changed, and so the shift was expected to be different. It was good that she learned quickly; for her, especially, it would be important to be able to change rapidly between forms.

The feeling of clean air against his face was pleasant as they broke the surface. He loved the water best, but Kore’s kiss was most prominent when his skin was wet with water. Her breath tickled then. He turned his face upward, not quite certain why the kelpie-girl was so awestruck. They were only glow-worms, there was nothing especially interesting about them. They just hung there glowing. Though, he supposed that as a foal, he had found them exciting. He had always wanted to reach up and swat them, but they were too high up to reach.

He felt as the foal drew near to him, uncertain of the new arrival. She was as wary of Helgean as the Stromkarlen were of her; they smelled strange to one another, no doubt. He tilted his head, ears twitching as she let out a small sound of distress. Emil turned towards her, grasping her arm with his own hand, trilling softly at her face in the hopes of soothing her. Helgean was not bad. Helgean was good, the very best. He meant only well. But then, she seemed to be most nervous at the notion of speaking. She had had such a difficult time with anything that was not his name - “bathe” had been what she identified his name to be, for a time; language was...difficult for her. Emil nudged her again, letting out a soft trill as he turned to face Helgean, ears flicking again. Though he had turned towards the River King, his hand was tugging lightly in the Kelpie Foal’s hair - gently at first, but occasionally with force; he wanted for her to look up at Helgean, she was being far too shy. That was not the way to behave in his presence.

”Kelpie. She is a Kelpie of the Lochs.”

The river spirit tilted his head, swishing his tail curiously, but for a while he said nothing; she was clearly anxious. Instead, he relaxed, reaching out very slowly, speaking again in his mind. ”Come out Lochland-Foal. Speak your tongue. Emil will translate for me. It was not going to be an exact translation; after all, he was Stromkarl, a Brook Horse of the Swedes; she was of another land entirely. Some language could be lost in translation. My name is Helgean and I brought Emil to you. Has he been kind?

MAIDIE | AWWW CUTE
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:51 am

The company of Emil gave her comfort, and slight annoyance as well. With his seemingly permanent stuffy, uppity look on his face, and the usually arrogant force behind his commands, the kelpie could find herself itching to spout irritated words right back at him, whenever he opened his mouth.
But she still liked him, she decided. Especially when he allowed her to hide behind him, at the appearance of the silvery, ethereal looking man.

This had to be Helgean, Maidie was sure of it!

That only made her more nervous, practically burrowing her face into Emil's side to escape his gaze. Would....kill her? Just because she was a Kelpie? She remembered Emil telling her that they would not like her, but wouldn't they tolerate her? That was what he had said...
What confused her most about the strange creature, not unlike Emil, was that he smelled funny.

Thinking about it now, Emil smelled funny too! Not in a bad way, she mused as she took a quick sniff of him as he grasped her arm and trilled softly to her. For some odd reason, Maidie could feel her nerves begin to settle at the noise, her anxiety being put at ease for the time being. It just sounded so nice.

A problem occurred then, how was she to speak to the Stromkarlen? He could speak within her mind, of course, but the kelpie only knew how to neigh, or whinny. Snort, or stamp her foot on the ground. That would do no good, he wouldn't understand at all! As she was struggling, strained horse noises escaping her as her lips trembled to form words, Emil nudged her again.
Refusing to look at the River King, embaressment running through her at the fact that she couldn't speak, Maidie stubbornly turned her head with a low whinny. As his hand tugged lightly on her hair, before pulling with a bit more of added force, she snorted. Finally, she obediently turned towards Helgean, her gaze shifting up from the ground.

Emil spoke for her, then, and a flood of relief ran through her, one that replaced the embaressment. While silence ensued from the Stromkarlen, the Kelpie nodded, a soft whinny escaping her as she looked between Emil and the River King. Was his King as bossy as hi-

The Kelpie's thoughts were promptly cut off as the Stromkarlen spoke in her mind. Nearly jumping out of her skin, Maidie shifted her dark eyes to the floor of the cave they stood in, through the water and to the softly glowing depths below. She was sure they looked that way because of the small, bright creatures on the ceiling.
At his first words, she slowly moved out from practically hiding behind Emil, her feet shuffling slowly. Still, she refused to make eye contact, instead, her gaze focused upon the floor still. At the request of her speaking her own language, her eyes widened with visible surprise, looking up to meet his ethereal gaze with a nod of her head.

"Okay." Her voice rang out as a whinny, echoing about the cave. At his next words, announcing his name, that he brought Emil to her, and how has he been treating her? She pondered this question, for a moment, before snorting.

"A wise teacher. Kind, he taught me bathe and lured me food." A pause, before her expression shifted to that of childish mischievousness. "Sometimes irritating. He told me I smelled bad, when it was really him that does!"

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.