New Poll

Crisis of Faith, Tag Rudolph
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 04:17 PM
Very Old • Celestial Human • Balance • Aquarius Constellation

CODE
a
SKY FULL OF STARS

It was Spring, but for the first time in a long time Niulang found his thoughts lingering not on summer and whether Zhinü would be present but on something else entirely. The celestial had never wavered in his beliefs. He had always known what they were, known that he was neutral and would keep to that way for fighting only brought about sorrow and pain. One might have thought he would have felt these beliefs to be confirmed when he had helped his fellow celestials rescue the Cancri and when Arkady had died. However, he had instead only felt his beliefs waver. Family was important to the Altair, had been important enough that he had felt a sorrow for a family that had banished him when learning of their deaths and had been willing to insult a being he had always been taught was holy and worthy of respect when told family could be left behind if it saved others, saved the whole.

Seeing fighting bring about something other than what he had always claimed it would, what he had told Byakko, made him unsure. Arkady had died yes, but had they left Caspian would something worse not have happened? There were things worse than death after all.

Yet...was it right to fight? Was this fight his own? Perhaps it was now in that he had helped in some manner and might be marked, had already been, for death. But was the whole fight his? It felt wrong to ignore it, but there were also heavy consequences to helping.

He was at a loss. An irony, considering that he had never held much trouble making decisions.

Walking through Australia, Niulang roamed the unfamiliar land, taking in the sights before him.

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 09:34 PM
Appears 17 in human form • (Magical) Reindeer • Guidance • Traveling

crisis of faith
tag: Niulang // notes:
Spring was an unusual season - at least Rudolph thought so. All kinds of flowers bloomed in Spring and the leaves started growing back on trees during this season also. But it perplexed him that - in this part of the world anyway - Winter actually came mid-year. Which meant that these poor people have never seen a White Christmas! When he thought about that, the reindeer's first reaction was a sigh and a sympathetic look. There people didn't even know what they were missing out on.

Now, something that the younger reindeer was unaware of was the battles that had recently taken place - mainly those involving Pitch Black or the Bogeyman. He was a neutral party so it wasn't his place to become involved with these kind of things - whether he knew Nicholas St. North or not. Because of this neutrality, Rudolph was always around to give advice to Immortals, Guardians and Anti-Guardians alike.

At the current point in time, he was in reindeer form and wandering through Australia. Eventually Rudolph decided that it was rather unusual to see a reindeer in these parts so he reverted to his human form in an attempt to draw less attention to himself. It wasn't long before he spotted someone - someone who seemed to be otherworldly. Maybe he could offer some direction - even a reindeer with a red nose got lost after all.

"Uh hey there." he said as he awkwardly raised his hand in a greeting. "Do you think you could point me in the direction of the place known as 'Sydney'?"

girlwhowaited @ (cttw)(​shine)
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 02:35 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang came to a pause as someone approached him. The male appeared to be far younger than himself, a mere teenager in comparison to his late thirties. Though, something- perhaps the animal instinct of the Horse?- told him something was...different about this boy.

"Hello," he said quietly. His brow furrowed at the other's question. What an odd query. "That is rather far from here, " he said, " Not exactly sure where or which direction, but I'm pretty sure it's on the other side of Australia. This is Perth, you see. You might want to fly there?"

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 04:10 AM

crisis of faith
tag: @MOMO // notes: In my head his reaction is so cute
To be honest, Rudolph tried to ignore the pause that this stranger made. Could it be that he was obviously something that mortals would find strange? Was it that obvious?! If anyone actually saw his current face and expression, it would be obvious that he was fretting and flustered on the inside - the reindeer's eyes reflected that exactly. It didn't help that he was sweating nervously the more he thought about it.

At his quiet greeting, the younger reindeer released the breath that he didn't even know he was holding. But his eyes grew wide and mouth fell open when this other person explained that Sydney was on the other side of the country. Not quite the response he'd been hoping for.

"Really?!" he said as he blinked. "But I could've sworn I landed only a little while away."

Then Rudolph picked up on the fact that - whomever this was - had told him to fly there. His mind immediately dashed to the fact he could fly in both human and reindeer form (although reindeer form was much easier to control) and became flustered once again.

"H-HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" he yelled as he pointed dramatically at this person. "H-HOW DID YOU KNOW I CAN FLY?!"

Yes. This certainly wasn't the way he had expected this meeting to go.

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 04:44 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang looked particularly uncomfortable with the conversation, seemingly incapable of staying still as he did not meet the other's gaze. "I could be wrong," he said shyly. For a moment, he did wish this was not him speaking. He had never been good with strangers, always taking a time to warm up. "This is-"

He was not able to finish as the other interrupted. He jumped, shrinking back slightly. What? "I- what? I meant a plane," he said, frowning, "You can fly? How?" Was he like members of the Aquarian royal family who held power over air or something similar to that?

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 06:05 AM

crisis of faith
tag: @MOMO // notes:
"OH! I wasn't doubting your honesty!" Rudolph said hastily. "It's just I thought that my landing skills were a little better than that." he then proceeded to bashfully scratch the back oh his head with his right hand - a gesture that wasn't foreign to the reindeer. "I guess I just have to work on my geography skills."

The young reindeer paused when the fact of flying by plane was mentioned. Crap - he'd really done it this time. Rudolph had jumped to conclusions and assumed that this person had figured out his 'identity' as a reindeer. Planes - of course. He'd just forgotten about them due to the fact he could fly himself wherever he needed to be. His face went blank in shock from this revelation.

Sighing and recovering from his last blunder, the reindeer looked up at the older person standing in front of him. "No use hiding it now. My name's Rudolph." he explained. "I'm a 'Magical Reindeer' - what humans would call the species that pulls Nicholas's - Santa Claus's - sleigh on Christmas Eve. I can not only fly but also transform between my current form and my reindeer form. Like so." And he changed into his rather large reindeer form - red nose and all.

"So - uh - you are?"

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 06:34 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang shook his head hastily. "No," he said, "This is my first time visiting Australia. It is a lot different from where I usually visit. We could be be right near Sydney." Oh, he was rather terrible at this all. He was making a fool of himself, wasn't he? No doubt this person should have asked some other random stranger.

His brow furrowed at the introduction. He had never heard of Rudolph, but clearly he was some sort of being associated with Christmas that Terrains believed in. His explanation did make some sense, at least in that it was not the oddest thing he'd ever heard. People back home had come up with stranger things. A flying reindeer? Well, considering that the Holy Beasts existed it was hardly that strange.

"I see," he said, "I am Niulang Altair." It would be...proper to explain who he was, yes? It did not sound as if the other was a threat and if he was at all related to Nicholas than he was probably more of an ally. It was a risk, but he was not without his own defense. "I am mostly known throughout Asia for a- well, no, my relationship with my lover." He looked unsure for a moment before continuing. "My kind are referred to as celestial humans, though I suppose Terrains would call us aliens."

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 01:12 AM

crisis of faith
Rudolph nodded in agreement with this person. "I don't usually come to this place either. I prefer colder climates since I'm sensitive to the heat." Maybe he should've asked for Tasmania instead. Sydney could - supposedly - get quite hot and the young reindeer didn't want to deal with a heat stroke. He reaaaally didn't want to deal with a heat stroke right now. Then again his clothes probably weren't doing him much good in that regard.

After his introduction, the brunette - now in his reindeer form - was relieved that this person didn't bolt for the hills at the sight of a human transforming into a deer. That seemed to be the normal reaction for humans when they saw a sight like that. Rudolph had learned that it wasn't wise to transform in front of humans very early on in his travels and only revealed himself to this person because he thought his cover had been blown. Lesson learned.

"Nuilang huh?" he muttered to himself before listening to the rest of Nuilang's introduction. Aliens? Honestly it could've been worse. Even then it probably wouldn't have bothered Rudolph. He could be an alien for all he knew. "Nothing wrong with that. Aliens are probably closer related to me than humans so that's fine." he said with an awkward shrug. "Anyway. Celestial Human works for me. It sounds a lot less......insulting? I don't think that's the right word...." The reindeer transformed back into his human form and tried to think of how to phrase his words. Unfortunately nothing came.

"So what brings a Celestial Human to Earth? If you're - you know - 'Celestial' why did you come to the planet?" Was that prying a bit much? It probably was but Rudolph wasn't sure what else he could say.

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 03:55 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

He nodded in acknowledgement to the others words. His explanation made sense. No doubt the other traveled to places based on what their weather was like around that time of the season or something of a similar nature. Though, he was not entirely sure as to why he was here. To his knowledge, Australia did not experience colder weather until later in the year. Of course, he could be incorrect and Sydney, where the other was apparently planning on going, was not hot.

His train of thought was broken off as the other seemed rather unsurprised by his explanation. His own name rolled off the reindeer's tongue oddly, but that was not a peculiar action. Most seemed to pronounce it incorrectly to a degree. "Yes," he said, nodding. He did not comment upon being called a celestial human. As far as he was concerned, it would be fine even if he was called an alien. Terrains all had their different terms for things after all. Instead, he paid attention to what the other asked. He stayed quiet for a moment. While it might have been a personal question, it was one he had long ago become fine with talking about, particularly once the story of it had begun to be spread among terrains. "I was banished from my constellation to the Milky Way after drawing upon the ire of my parents and my lover's family." He frowned. "Earth is merely the most habitable." Far more habitable than any of the planets within his own constellation had been, to be honest. "It is for this reason, as well as for the destruction of my homeland, that I have never returned." He tilted his head. "Besides, Earth is nice, even if it is not particularly peaceful."

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: Jun 25 2016, 12:00 AM

crisis of faith
Yeah he wasn't the best at geography. Reindeer didn't usually have a need for it - well until they were thrown on the sleigh-pulling job which Rudolph was not. Next time he went anywhere he'd remember to go somewhere further north. Or even further south if that was possible. But bringing his head back into the game, the reindeer was relieved to see the nod of acknowledgement from the opposing party.

Wait. Did he just pronounce Niulang's name wrong? It's possible. He was a Celestial Human from another world so his name was probably unique - plus he wasn't great with his human languages yet so his pronunciation sucks in anything other than English. Actually, even his English pronunciation sucked. As a traveler, he'd need to work on that.

"Oh man..." he whispered under his breath when he heard about his talking partner being banished. "I'm sorry. Maybe I should've pried...." Rudolph began staring down at his feet in response.

"Earth is nice though." he nodded. "But I'd love to see your world one day. Theoretically of course."

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Jun 25 2016, 09:58 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

He rose an eyebrow as the reindeer appeared to look ashamed, a small smile crossing his face. "There is no need to worry," he said lightly, "If you are concerned of my past being a sore subject, it is not. My banishment is something I have always accepted, particularly since I knew the actions I was doing as a child would not be approved. The disapproval I was met with was unsurprising." Zhinu, he imagined, felt the same, at least to a degree. The other had been rather different from himself so he could not say if they had accepted it as easily. Perhaps that was why he had been unable to find his lover? Perhaps they were not dead? "As for the destruction of my homeland...I only worry upon how that affects me now. I was not there to see its fall, so I am not as touched by the horror as any other survivors might be." Part of it sounded horrible, but it was a logical thing, he had been on Earth already when it had fallen, already begun to grow different attachments. By the time he had learned of its fall, Aquarius and his family had long been forgotten. There had been no reason to think on them for he had accepted that it would likely take a miracle for him to ever see either again. Such...ironically became truer with the news. "After all, one does not survive a massacre without being wanted."

He tilted his head. "I could show you, in a way." It would be a frivolous use of his powers, but thinking about home from time to time was nice. Besides, knowledge should be shared, yes? Such had been a philosophy his home had known well. "As for what Aquarius was like...some of it might seem familiar. Much of its culture was like a blend of cultures you can find either in Earth's past or in its present."

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 11:26 PM

crisis of faith
tag: @MOMO // notes: *dances* I made a post!
"Oh! I guess that's.....alright then." In truth he had just let out a sigh of relief. Rudolph was the king of awkward moments but it would've been even more awkward if he had been prying into someone else's private affairs. He was sent into a tizzy just thinking about it.

He knew that he shouldn't, but Rudolph couldn't help giving Niulang a sympathetic look.

"I guess that's a decent way of looking at it." he said while nodding a little. "But you've also gotta think about what you could've done. I mean that's living in the past and whatnot and usually not a good idea, but you've gotta look back at these kind of things and remember them so that they don't happen again."

At the mention of seeing Niulang's home world, the magical reindeer's eyes widened. Not only would it be a somewhat 'alien' world but Rudolph prided himself on knowing things to help out others. Guide them? Was that the right phrasing? Either way, he was excited to see.

"You could?! That would be amazing!" The brunette's eyes were almost shining at the thought of a new place. He was traveling, but how many people could say that they'd seen another world? Probably more than he was expecting.

"A fusion of cultures! Animal ones too! How cool!" At that point in time Rudolph's face could be compared to that of a curious small child, or a puppy dog.

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 12:37 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang's lips quirked slightly at the reaction he received. While it was not completely obvious, he could tell that there was at least some relief for the other. Though, he could not entirely blame him. After all, the subject that had been brought up was one that most would naturally consider to be sensitive. The fact that Niulang was not, as far as appearances went, overly touched by his past was something he imagined that most would consider to be odd.

For the most part, he tried to ignore the sympathetic look. While he had never been one who was uncomfortable with keeping the truth hidden when it was asked of him, his past was naturally not something that often came up. As such, sympathy or pity were not emotions he was used to having directed his way. Moreover, he was not particularly sure he wished to have them directed his way. He had accepted his parents', his homeland's, destruction. He had not been there for centuries and was likely far less attached than anyone who had been there during the Fall but had managed to survive nonetheless.

The magical creature was wise despite his few years, he mused. "True," he said lightly, "Though, I imagine that the only thing I could have done was not pursue the one I had fallen for. The only reason I was cast away was because I had entered a romance I knew I should not have." It had been an act of sheer folly. He had known that his parents would not approve of him pursuing Zhinü. No doubt had they known the full extent of his intentions with the other they would have wished for more than exile as punishment.

His lips curved, becoming mildly amused at the wonder that crossed Rudolph's face. "Indeed," he stated. Stepping back, he focused on gathering his magic. "Aquarius was a bit different from other constellations," he said. Fire emitted from the tips of his fingers. "As those on Earth have discovered, it is made up of twelve planetary systems. Each one differed from each other, not only in geography, but also in culture." Carefully, he drew each system, giving the image of a large constellation. Some of the systems consisted of multiple planets while others only possessed one. Each star was different, some flickering intensely with the fire he had given and others a bit dimmer. "Their culture depended upon where you were, for Aquarius was made up of what those on Earth know as a caste system."

Niulang banished the image away with a wave of his land. Carefully, he began creating the image of a desert. "At the bottom, were the típota and psychí- the casteless and the lower class. The típota were mainly made up of those who were unemployed or immigrants. However, some within it did have jobs; they simply did not make much. However, it was possible to leave this caste, particularly because Aquarius received a lot of immigration. The psychí, the caste I had belonged to, were relatively diverse. Among those who actually possessed a caste, they were the poorest. They ranged from peasants to servants. Both these classes lived in planetary systems in the middle of the Aquarius constellation."

He finished his image. "The weather differed depending upon where you were. Overall, there was no particular middle ground. It was either hot or cold. In some places, such as the capital, it was to an extreme. As such, a lot of Aquarius was desert-like and mountainous." His lips curved upwards. "However, the life was behind all this. You could find a fair amount of beauty hidden behind Aquarius' landscape. For instance-" He banished the image, creating the image of a plain of sand that was filled with what appeared to be sheep. "This was a bit smaller. The worst thing about the weather was the wind, but one mainly had to worry about that if they went beyond the mountains. We were herdsman."

"Next up were the kardiá, or warrior caste. They were well respected, though they did not lived in one specific location. Instead, they were spread throughout the constellation. Above them were the myaló, or merchant class. It was relatively diverse, but they were mainly made up of artisans or tradesman." Absently, he began drawing with fire. The image this time differed greatly. While it flickered around the edges, things blurring together, he had clearly created the image of a street that was lined up with what vaguely looked like stalls. Throughout the area buildings seemed to be in place. Fire flickered upwards like smoke. The few people he had made seemed to be thickly made.

"The myaló were heavily made up of immigrants. I had been to these areas- they are mainly on the outskirts and near the capital- once or twice. While the weather and general landscape is not too different, the planetary systems that the myaló live on possess a lot that the lower castes do not. For instance, they possess much more plant life and animal life. While I only saw some of it, I did hear that there was far more underground." Humming, he drew the images of a few animals he had seen. "The places remind me a lot of Italy."

"Naturally, the ruling class and the royal family- the kefáli- were at the top. They lived deeper into Aquarius and I've only heard stories about what it looks like. People tend to exaggerate, though from what I had been told once or twice it reminds me a lot of some of the things on Earth, specifically in Asia." He paused, before he began drawing what appeared to be falling balls of fire. "Ah, I almost forgot. From what I can recall, Aquarius had meteor showers throughout the entire constellation. They are known here as the Eta Aquariids, the Delta Aquariids, and the Iota Aquariids. They could be very beautiful see."

@NARA
PM
^
✧ RUDOLPH
 Posted: May 18 2017, 12:11 AM

crisis of faith
tag: MOMO // notes: after a year and a day >.>
While the advice might not have been wanted, it always seemed that for most people advice lead to finding out more. He wasn't trying to get more information out of the other! Gosh no! He wouldn't try that even in a million years. All Rudolph wanted to do was try and help in some way or another, even if that help might not be wanted. Sometimes not everyone could say when they needed some assistance and that was what he was here for. To guide others along the right path.

"Oh..." For a split second there was sympathy written all over the reindeer's face, but it was soon replaced with a thoughtful expression. There were some things there were better left forgotten, it was true. But for something like this... "Well in that case it's definitely better to keep the memory alive. You only feel a really special love once in a lifetime. I haven't felt it yet, but I know that I will one day and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it happens sometime soon. Never forget the positive memories!"

Another planet! Ugh he would never get that thought out of his head. There was actually another planet inhabited by real actual people! Not from Earth! All these thoughts sent tingles down his spine because there was just so much more he had to learn. There was no end to the fountain of knowledge!

"Oh wow!" As Niulang showed each of the images, Rudolph's face would light up even further. He was, after all, learning about a brand new culture that he hadn't even acknowledged existed until a few moments ago. Someone only got a chance like this once in a lifetime. "It would be an incredible place to live! I know you left, but why don't you go back? Shouldn't you mend the tears between you and your parents?"

PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: May 18 2017, 03:25 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang chuckled at Rudolph's words. "Indeed," he agreed, a note of fondness. After all, there were few things that he remembered as fondly as his love for Zhinü. Even if he forgot everything else in his life or was rid of every other happy memory, he had no doubt that he would not forget the wonderful memories he possessed of Zhinü. He would prefer to be dead than forget such a thing.

He watched with subdued amusement as Rudolph's expression brightened and just when he though that happiness upon the boy's face could not brighten further he was proved wrong. He was more than happy to tell Rudolph all he wished to know and he seemed more than willing to ask.

The fire flickered away, like the flame of a candle that had been blown out. For a moment, he said nothing, simply looking into the distance. Finally, his gaze turned back to Rudolph. "Because I cannot," he said simply. There was no sorrow to the celestials words. Rather, they were matter of fact. He had long ago accepted that it was impossible for him to return to Aquarius, something which had made it relatively easy to accept the knowledge that his homeland was no more. "I was cast away by magic and-" His lips curved into a frown. "My home and many others were long ago destroyed by Pitch Black. I have no parents to make amends with any longer."

Or so he could only believe. It seemed impossible for mere herdsmen to have survived such genocide.

NARA
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.