Add Reply
New Poll

Let Desire take command tonight, tagged: Eddad
☥ ENOCH
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 05:44 PM
OLD • Demon • Desire • Hell

@EDWARD DELANO

What a delightfully quaint town! Enoch hadn’t been quite sure what to expect when coming to the supposed origin place of this latest war, but it certainly hadn’t been a bustling little city like this. The supernatural showdown of its past hadn’t so much as put a kink in its armour of mediocrity; the majority of humans moved about on their nightly business without a care in the world, thoroughly oblivious to the danger they’d been in those years ago. Hell, oblivious to the danger that they were still within. Now, he may not be an expert in how the parties involved in this war thought, but were he looking to make a statement, he’d certainly direct his attention to this place.

It was possible that he was simply missing something, and if that were the case then he’d properly congratulate whatever rascal it was that was managing to keep their actions cloaked in secrecy. But until such a revelation arose, he’d content himself with the company of mortals. It WAS Friday night, after all~ Human inhibitions were already low enough as it was on the cusp of the weekend, and with him lingering nearby, it was bound to make matters all the more interesting.

This was why the demon had made it a point to find the nearest bustling bar. His outfit was...extremely casual, and far from what he’d usually wear. The t-shirt and jeans look worked on mortals, but nnehhh...he hadn’t quite bought into that particular fashion just yet. No matter, it ensured that he’d blend in, which was what was truly important here.
Besides~ he was still very pretty, even if he wasn’t dressed in fashion to match. He didn’t doubt that he’d receive compliments and attention during his brief stint in this bar! Because of this, it wasn’t difficult at all for him to head into the bar brimming with the confidence he often exuded, and as he glanced about the packed building, he also took care to put his feelers out, so to speak, for any sort of interesting desires that the patrons might have.

A majority were fairly standard; some lusted for one night stands, others wanted to put as much alcohol in their person as soon as possible, others looked forward to the events of the weekend, others still silently stewed over their distaste for another patron (something that obviously caught his attention), another worried silently to himself over whether or not there was magical danger lurking around every corner--

Hold on a moment.

Enoch blinked as he glanced towards the odd one out, his eyebrows lifting as the desire for safety from such magical beings continued to emanate from his person. My, my...things may very well be far more interesting than he initially gave them credit for! And what was even better, there was an empty bar stool next to the silly little mortal. Lady Luck must’ve been fond of him to afford him such an opportunity, and he had to say! He was quite fond of her at the moment as well.
Not wanting his opportunity to slip between his fingers, the demon maneuvered his way towards the empty bar stool, and greeted the human sitting next to the empty one with a smile. And though he DID have to raise his voice a bit to be heard over the din of the crowded bar, he did his very best to sound as polite as he could be, when he was on the verge of shouting at the poor mortal. “Ah, pardon me! I don’t suppose this seat is taken?” He motioned to the bar stool in question, and gave the bar as a whole a helpless, if amused, look around. Nothing but claimed seats as far as the eye could see~ “If not, would you mind if I took it? I’m having a difficult time finding any other open seat.”
...now, while the magically aware mortal was here, he also had the awkward misfortune to be seated next to the man that was the target of another’s ire. Hm~ Maybe nothing would come of it, but if the more grumpy mortal decided to strike out against his hated enemy, Enoch would have to hope that the unfortunate mortal didn’t get involved in their spat.
Otherwise, the night might end rather poorly for him.
PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 06:42 PM
38 • Human • Promises • N/A

L
earning that the son he adopted was some sort of half-youkai was….one thing. Learning that his son’s friend in New York was actually a bird-person, and that her dad was one, too, and her whole entire family had swan-folk blood and he’d gone to school with a swan man without even realizing it was….was another. Not bad, it wasn’t bad, no, but it was….something to think about, definitely. It made him start to wonder just how many people in this tiny town were magical, and how many were laughing at stupid humans for not noticing. How many were possibly dangerous.

Oh he didn’t like it, not at all.

He wasn’t especially worried at least, in that all this time nothing big had really happened…hell, even when he lived in NY, which absolutely had to be teeming with magical degenerates, nothing had happened. So probably it was fine. There were just….magical dudes walking around same as humans of various races. It was a bit jarring, sure, but it wasn’t the worst revelation that hit him in his life. Nothing a few drinks wouldn’t fix.

He saw Odette off before he even thought about stopping off for drinks. But now that he was by himself, he was ready to hit the bar. Not for long, he wasn’t that kind of guy and was never going to be that guy, but he just needed a drink, a few unfamiliar faces and some music to fill his head and help him soak up the weird-ass world around him. For now he was sat by himself, but it didn’t take long for someone to join him. He looked up from the cola he was nursing, smiling in return. The guy looked pretty chill, a relaxed guy who carried himself pretty fluidly.

”Huh? Oh yeah that’s fine. Go ahead.” He gestured to the seat with a shrug. ”Not holding out for anyone, it’s fine. Although,” He grinned. ”A name. I’ll take that as payment.”

@ENOCH HERE HE GOES
PMEmail
^
☥ ENOCH
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 04:52 PM

@EDWARD DELANO

Oh, he liked this human already.

Enoch grinned at the man’s terms when it came to taking the seat next to him. The joking was appreciated, of course, as were the implications behind it; this man wasn’t one of those silly little introverts that wouldn’t so much as give him the time of day. That would certainly make it easier to engage him in a conversation, and to see if there was anything else he could uncover. He need only play by the rules of the mortal’s game, and hope that they didn’t run out of time.
The other human with violence on his mind WAS ordering more drinks, so it was only a matter of time until his will broke, and he lashed out at the one he hated. Pft, the relationship drama of mortals was an endearing, if curious aspect about just how petty they could become.

“I suppose that’s more than fair, and I never was one to ignore a request coming from a pretty face! It’s James~” As silly as it may be to give out yet another fake name, it was all in the interest of remaining as incognito as possible. Were he to give out an archaic name like Enoch, the reaction the mortal would have to it would be far more extreme than a much more common name. At best, he’d get questions about why on Earth his parents thought to name him something like that. At worst, the mortal might start to suspect him of his true nature!
...that meaning, that he wasn’t mortal. Unless the mortal was damned good at telling immortals apart, he doubted he’d be able to tell that he was a demon, specifically. And while it would be entertaining to eventually reveal his true nature to the little darling, it’d be far more so if there was this build up beforehand, to make the dramatic reveal all the more jarring!

He settled into the seat after speaking, and seeing as how the bartender was busy tending to other customers, Enoch contented himself in continuing the conversation for the time being. It wasn’t like he was in a rush to get a drink, at any rate. Although, hm…
Perhaps the impending bar fight would allow for free drinks? That’d be nice! “Might I be so bold as to request a name from you as well? Or should I start guessing instead?” He snickered after making the comment, and shook his head. “I just warn you in advance that I’m terrible at guessing games.”
PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 06:51 PM
38 • Human • Promises • N/A

A
pretty fa-

God damn. Again. Well, whatever…Ed just gave an awkward smirk and shrugged, stroking his beard. ”Yeah, that’s what the ladies say, too.” ...He didn’t want to be rude, but he did want to make it clear he was into women and not men. But, he got his name. James. God, why was it almost weird to hear normal names these days? He was expecting some kind of bizarre “Friedrich” or something else just as extravagant. With friends like “West” and “Arwynn” it was hard not to think like that.

He glanced over at the fella downing his….what, third, fourth?...now and took a much more casual swig of his own. He wasn’t one to tell another guy to stop chugging, but god, the rate that guy was sucking back booze he was either gonna keel over or start a riot. He pulled a face, but didn’t let it sour him too much as he turned toward the guy - er...who had a name, James. ”No worries, it’s not like I have anything to hide. I’m not some fugitive on the run or whatever.” He smirked, giving a shrug of his shoulders. ”Edward, nice and easy. Good to meet you, James.”

He reached out for a handshake, decidedly keeping his last name to himself at least. Didn’t need the guy knowing he was a Delano - it just wasn’t that common of a name and he’d be easy to locate.

@ENOCH How do the gay ones find him all the time
PMEmail
^
☥ ENOCH
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 03:59 PM

@EDWARD DELANO

My, my, was that an attempt at a deflection?

The demon pondered over the response he’d received, and while it was probably the human trying to drop hints...he wasn’t doing himself any favours with that beard stroking. Why, he looked absolutely dashing with such a pose! It was no wonder that he was popular with the ladies~
But fair was fair; if the little mortal wasn’t interested, he wasn’t interested. Far be it from Enoch to ignore a lack of desire from another being! However~ the demon was still very determined to pay the man all sorts of compliments, both because they were true, and because it was funny.
Altruism could occasionally look wonderful on the demon, couldn’t it?

“Then you’ve met a lot of ladies with good tastes! Any in particular that have managed to catch your attention?” Why, he could desire multiple women, and Enoch wouldn’t judge! If anything, he’d approve. Far too many humans opted for the monogamous route for...whatever reason. Fragile egos requiring that they themselves being the only special person in someone else’s life, or simple selfishness demanding that one person dedicate their entire life to them. It wasn’t nearly as romantic as people liked to paint it as.

...ohoho~
Enoch was amused to see that his new mortal companion had noticed the other, increasingly intoxicated one. Well then! He had good situational awareness! Perhaps an intervention on his behalf wouldn’t be necessary after all, unless things REALLY got out of hand. At the very least, should the entire bar, sans himself and his mortal friend, break out into a fight, it’d give this little town something to talk about once the police rolled on up to make their arrests! Hopefully his mortal companion wouldn’t get brought in with the more violent lot. That’d paint their meeting in an unfavourable light!

The demon’s eyebrows arched, and lips curled into a smirk at that oddly specific denial on the human’s part. “Are you sure? Because if the police inexplicably arrive at this bar, I may have to become a bit cross with you. Not because you’d be a fugitive, mind you, but because you lied about it.” He giggled, and took the man’s hand for that handshake in a show of good faith; even if Edward was a horrible liar, he at least still liked him in this moment! And to be fair, he didn’t think that fondness was going to go away any time soon. “But it’s good to meet you as well, Edward!” Once the handshake was over and done with, the demon settled his hands on the bar before him, and managed to catch the bartender’s attention so that he could finally order a drink.

He promised, the fact that the drink he ordered was called Sex on the Beach had absolutely no bearing on his intentions here.
There weren’t any beaches in the area that he was aware of, after all. Anyway~ time to keep the conversation pleasant and lighthearted! “...perhaps we should plan an escape route for you? Unlikely though it may be for the police to arrive, it’s always a good idea to have some semblance of a plan in place!” Well, at least the human would likely consider this to be joking around, and while it was mostly that…
It would probably become relevant in the next hour or so. He couldn’t wait for things to get underway!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.