Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What's this? What's this?, Fairlee / Cloves
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 08:55 PM
Unknown • will-o-the-wisp • Innocence • Nomad

light on my feet ,
skipping through the meadows catch me if you can
Fairlee attempted to look through the tome. It was a fairly useless endeavour. As a being that mostly avoided interacting with humans, the Spirit of Spring had had never possessed a need to read. Moreover, she had never learned to do so, as the subject was not one which had ever come up with those she spoke with. After all, most did not tend to ask about one's ability to read upon immediately meeting them and her interactions with others were rarely long lasting.

She paused as she came to a picture within the book. Fascinated, translucent hands hovered over the image. "Pictures," she breathed, fascinated by the detailed drawing. It looked far better than anything she had seen in the books she had been shown in her only visit to a library.

She glanced at Cloves. "Well, they are to learn magic from," she said, "Though, I'm not sure how useful that would be. These are just letters after all." It was an ignorant statement, but then Fairlee had never proclaimed to know much about magic. She was not a powerful being herself and she hardly knew about how expansive magic could be. "These don't look like the books I've seen before though. There are more words and less pictures!"

PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: May 2 2018, 08:50 PM
32 • Satyr • Curiosity • Mother Nature's Forest

Books were a fascinating thing. People put knowledge in them, and stories, and all kinds of secret and not secret things. One could never know what they would find in a book when they opened it. It could be real magic, or it could be stories.

>>"Well, they are to learn magic from. Though, I'm not sure how useful that would be. These are just letters after all."

Cloves tilted his head, opening another, lighter book with less pages.

>>"These don't look like the books I've seen before though. There are more words and less pictures!"

Cloves flipped through the pages, and inspected the pictures. There were people in the pictures, sometimes animals, but they hardly told an entire story.

"Maybe we could find someone who can read." he mused, then returned to digging through the bag. He soon retrieved a jingling set of keys with some keychains, a water bottle, and then some small gadget attacked to a tangled set of earplugs. "look!
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: May 6 2018, 10:48 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee's brow furrowed at the mention of someone who could read. "Do you know someone who can read?" she asked curiously. The only person who could immediately come to mind was Mother Nature. The wisp was sure that she could, though she was not entirely sure it was a good idea to bother her with a book that they had found, or perhaps to bother her at all. After all, she was undoubtedly busy.

Her gaze flickered to Cloves as he spoke up, brow furrowing at the sight of the ipod. "That's a box, she said, coming to peer closer, "Hm, what do these do?" she mused, eying the buttons curiously.

PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: May 16 2018, 09:20 PM
32 • Satyr • Curiosity • Mother Nature's Forest

>>"Do you know someone who can read?"

Cloves thought about the question for a moment, and then shook his head, curls bobbing. "No." That was something he needed to remedy. A reading friend would be nice. Or maybe someone who could teach him to read?...

The bag had other treasures too, though, and some did not require literacy. Cloves held up the box with the wires.

>>"That's a box... Hm, what do these do?"

Cloves shrugged, poking at the gadget. It lit up, and he kept poking, trying to see if it would do something, other than flashing more symbols he did not understand. After a few moments, his ears perked up.

"Do you hear that?..." he whispered, tilting his head. Where was the music coming from?...
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: May 16 2018, 09:27 PM

light on my feet ,
Her brow furrowed, finding the answer she had received quite troublesome. "Maybe someone older knows how?" she suggested. It made sense to her, though she was primarily thinking of someone older than Cloves. After all, the wisp was quite old herself, merely lacking in a mentality that was just as old. As a result, it made sense to her that a person, magical or otherwise, might know how to read.

Strange pictures and words popped up on the screen as the satyr began pressing buttons, causing music to start playing. Glancing around with wide eyes, it took her a moment to realize it was coming from the earbuds. Looking at them curiously, she leaned in curiously before pulling back with a look of wonder across her face. "It's coming from these!" Her brow furrowed. It sounded a bit strange and foreign, but the tune was lilting enough for her to realize what was coming out of it. "I think it is...music?"

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.