Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Under pale moonlight, Tag Gin~
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: May 7 2017, 02:50 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”It’s a long story, sah I’ll give ye time ter take each pahht in an’ continue from thehh.”

Virginia nodded. She was sure that there were many things, heavy and powerful things, that she had no idea about yet. If he was going to tell her life in the stars, she had to settle in for a long, long tale... She took the view in as he began to talk. Strangely, it felt like time passed differently here on the Clipper; somehow... calmer, steadier, less rushed or measured out. It reminded her of Douglas himself. She knew the story might be long, but if there was ever a place to listen to it, this was most certainly it.

>>”A long, long time ago, in an era vat was called th’Golden Age, each ov th’constellations vat you know - Aquahhius, Leo, Sagitahhius, Ophiuchus, e’en th’ones vat ahh lessehh known - vey each ‘ad civilisations ov people livin’ on ‘em, jus’ like Eahhth...."

It was a vast story indeed, encompassing all the stars and constellations. Virginia looked up without noticing as she listened, trying to imagine a universe inhabited by people, countless civilizations. Sometimes even Earth was hard to take in, with all its tiny corners and islands, and almost-forgotten cultures. She had learned a lot about her home planet since she had gained the power to fly... but that was nothing compared to soaring among the stars. She was also surprised to find out that the Man in the Moon, as timeless as he seemed, had a story of his own.

Endless stars came with endless shadows, too. Virginia wrinkled her nose at the mention of evils and dangers. Nothing too good could last for too long, and she knew that the story was about to take a very unfortunate turn.

>>”Vat man’s name was Kozmotis Pitchinehh. Uvverwise called Pitch Black. ‘E was th’leadehh ov th’Golden Ahhmies.”

"Pitch Black?!" Virginia gasped, turning to stare at Douglas in surprise "He was... on their side?" It was hard to imagine Pitch Black as someone leading an army against evils, rather than leading one made up of them. Virginia was truly stunned.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: May 14 2017, 06:49 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Vis wan’t gonna be an easy story ter tell, vat was cehhtain. Th’fihhst pahht - tryn’a convince ‘er vat thehh was alien life - vat was usually th’hahhdest pahht. Mind, she seemed ter take’t awrigh’; least she din’t say anyfing abahht it nae bein’ true, but ven, eivver she fought ‘e was tellin’ one ov ‘is tall tales - somefin’ he did oft enough - or uvverwise she fought ‘e was tellin’ th’truff an’ din’t see any reason ter disagree wiff ‘im. She seemed ter be tryin’ ter take’t all in, which ‘e had ter give credit...bein’ as it wan’t easy ter stomach all vat. Cahhrse, vat wan’t th’pahht he expected er ter balk at; vat was yet ter come. An’t ven when’t came ahht….

...yup, ‘xactly th’reaction he expected. Gin’s voice was incredulous, an’ ter be honest….’e din’t blame ‘er, when ‘e leahhned th’story it shore din’t seem ter add up righ’ at fihhst. Bu’ thehh was a lot more to’t van jus’ wot th’Gahhdians fought. Douglas gave a nod. ”’e wan’t called Pitch Black ven ov cahhrse. It was Kozmotis Pitchinehh, General ov th’Golden Ahhmies an’ a long time friend ov Tsahh Lunahh th’tenff, th’fathehh ov th’Man in th’Moon. ‘E was th’one who was entrusted ter take dahhn th’dahhk forces. Bu’ see thehh was more to’t van vat. Kozmotis Pitchinehh….’e had a family. An’ vat family was taken from ‘im by th’Dream Pirates. ‘E had a reason ter hate. Bu’ it was vat feeling vat made ‘im weak in th’end. See, as th’legend goes….Kozmotis Pitchinehh was able ter put an end ter th’Dream Pirates’ reign an’ lock all ov ‘em up in vis one prison ter contain all evil. Thehh’s illustrations ov’t if ye want ter see latehh. Bu’ it was vis one giant writhin’ mass ov evil. An’ they….knew ‘e was hurtin’. Took advantage ov’t. They called ahht ter him wiff th’voice ov his child, got ‘im ter open th’door an’....”

Douglas paused - fer dramatic effect an’ all vat - bu’ also because th’pahht vat came next was….wot changed th’man inter th’monstehh. ‘Is voice lowehhed a touch. ”’e ran in ter save his child an’ th’dahhkness consumed ‘im. Took ‘is body as a host. He wan’t Kozmotis Pitchinehh any more; vat man ‘ad become jus’ a small pahht ov a greatehh evil. If vat man’s still alive in th’Nightmahh King….’e shore don’t have a lot ov strengff ter him. Bu’ as th’Nightmahh King….’e took th’very same knowledge vat ‘e used ter lock up all th’Nightmahhes an’ Dream Pirates an’ he used it ter take ahht th’constellations. One by one. An’ th’Moon Clippehh….fled as fahh as’t could, until it came ter ohhbit vis one planet called….Eahhth.” Th’Moon Rabbit looked back ter Gin then. ”Vat wan’t long ‘fore I stahhted ter live ‘ere meself.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Story time~ |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: May 14 2017, 07:41 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The story continued on, and Virginia listened intently, still reeling from the realization that there was a whole history behind not only Pitch, but all the constellations in the sky... suddenly, being a Guardian, and doing her duties day by day seemed small, almost insignificant, compared to the picture Douglas' carefully chosen words were painting. The Man in the Moon, the Golden Army, the Dream Pirates... compared to that, the Guardians of Earth were the blink of an eye.

And Pitch Black... had not always been the embodiment of darkness and evil. Somewhere, Douglas claimed, there was still a person in there, although lost and twisted by the mistake he made. That was... not the legend children grew up with. In the world of children, as observed by Virginia, things were either black or white, good or evil. That, in itself, was a form of innocence.

>>”An’ th’Moon Clippehh….fled as fahh as’t could, until it came ter ohhbit vis one planet called….Eahhth. Vat wan’t long ‘fore I stahhted ter live ‘ere meself.”

Virginia did not realize that she had been holding her breath, but she finally exhaled slowly, turning back to the view in front of them while she gathered her thoughts. The Man in the Moon, fleeing from the shadows that tore worlds apart... and the Moon Clipper that became a home to many, and a beacon for the Guardians.

"What happened to them?" she asked finally; it came out softer than she intended, as if she was standing in some sort of a sacred place. Which, in a way, she was, even if it was a story instead of a grave. "The people who lived in the constellations?"
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 07:46 PM

Thehh was so much ter tell abahht vis war vat went unsaid. Th’Gahhdians din’t know most ov wot ‘ad happened back ‘en - it wan’t jus’ vat some vile shadow monstehh decided ‘e wan’ed ter wipe all th’good ov th’wohhld ahht ov existence; ‘e had himself once bin among th’good men. Had bin th’one ter keep th’evils ov th’wohhld ahht ov sight. It had bin a tragedy vat ended up tuhhnin’ him inter wot ‘e was - somefing vat wan’t his ahhn fault. ‘T was sad really. Ter fink vat ‘e could ov bin an ally in all vis.

He din’t tuhhn ter face Gin when she finally spoke again; she wan’ed ter know wot happened….somefing vat was a grim topic ter discuss. Instead ‘e looked ahht at th’stahhs - th’bright lights wehh beautiful ter th’eye, bu’ thehh was an inherent sadness ter them if ye knew wot transpahhed across th’stahhs. He took a deep breaff, lettin’ it ahht slowly.

”Vat depends. Some ahh still wiff us. In one ov two forms. Thehh’s a few vat suhhvived an’ fled; some made’t ter Eahhth, uvvers are prob’ly elsewhehh, on uvver planets fahh, fahh away. Thehh’s also those vat got tuhhned inter Nightmahh Men. Shadows ov wot they used ter be. Most ov ‘em got wiped ahht by th’Nightmahh King an’ his forces. One constellation aftehh anuvvehh. They tried ter fight, some tried ter flee. Din’t wohhk, theihh evil reached every stahh in th’constellations. Eivver th’people died, got tuhhned inter dahhk soldiehhs ‘emselves, or vey wehh lucky an’ managed ter escape. Haven’t met any meself, bu’ it’s impossible ter imagine vat nae a single one managed ter find Eahhth.” Finally ‘e turned ter look at Gin with a small smile. ”It’s nae a pretty story. Bu’ wiff any luck, we Gahhdians...can avenge theihh wohhlds an’ beat th’Nightmahh King. Vat’s why we exist, aftehh all.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Story time~ |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 09:27 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Virginia could see the sadness in Douglas' expression, and she immediately regretted asking the question. She knew there had to be more to the story - a story of survivors, or rememberance, at least - but she was not sure it was the right way, or the right time, to ask. What might have been a tale of olden days for most, was very real and very close to the Guardian of Knowledge.

>>”Vat depends. Some ahh still wiff us. In one ov two forms. Thehh’s a few vat suhhvived an’ fled; some made’t ter Eahhth, uvvers are prob’ly elsewhehh, on uvver planets fahh, fahh away."

Virginia nodded. She doubted too many people would have survived the war; that was the age-old story of refugees - even when they arrived in groups, there were heartbreakingly few of them, compared to casualties. Virginia had seen that happen many times in her lifetime.
However, the story was not over yet.

>>"Thehh’s also those vat got tuhhned inter Nightmahh Men. Shadows ov wot they used ter be...”

Virginia found herself shuddering from the thought of all the people caught up in the war turning into... shadows of themselves, shadows that brought nightmares instead of their own hopes and dreams. The story got darker, as the oldest stories tended to go. Douglas must have seen the look on her face, because he tried to ease her worries, and bring her back to reality.

>>”It’s nae a pretty story. Bu’ wiff any luck, we Gahhdians...can avenge theihh wohhlds an’ beat th’Nightmahh King. Vat’s why we exist, aftehh all.”

Virginia nodded, turning back to look at the view again, but seeing other things in her mind. She needed to think about the story she just heard, because it put the Guardians in a new light, and her own responsibility as one of them into a new form. It was a task to grow up to, and one that she had been chosen for. She found herself wishing that she had known the whole story earlier. Even if it was a heavy one to hear.

After a long pause, Virginia's gloved hand found Douglas' larger palm, and held it as she looked at him. Telling the story to her changed him too, at least in her eyes.

"It is part of what you do, isn't it." she noted quietly, talking as much to herself as to him "As Guardian of Knowledge. Not just recording the stories... you carry them too. You bear the weight of knowing them."
It was another kind of strength.
PM
^
✧ EROS
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:36 PM
Unknown • God of Love • Romantic Love • Mount Olympus

Eros had always held by the belief that humans and non-deities were capable of a great deal without the help from the Gods. While he was aware that it was a fairly unpopular opinion within the Greek pantheon, he had witnessed enough evidence throughout his life to make him keep strong to this belief. In particular, he had seen it through the eyes of love. While he was Romantic Love, he knew that people were fully capable of coming together without his touch.

Yet, he was also perceptive enough to know that his existence was needed. There were a great many people in the world who loved; however, not all of them were capable of taking the step that were needed to form a relationship. It was for this reason that Eros' arrows, and perhaps all of his brothers' flew.

This moment was a fair example of why he existed.

The God of Love had met Lady Virginia once before and it had been a pleasant meeting. The next time he had met her had been rather unpleasant as his father had been in a fight with her and friend of hers. Eros was a keen eyed individual and it did not go beyond his notice that something lay beneath his surface, something which would later require his touch. While he would not claim to be a biased deity, it was true that he was far more willing to help those that he liked. Thus, he waited.

It did not take long, but time was fickle to a deity. The day was now and for once he was pleased to be part of the Greek pantheon. Taking a form different from his human one, he carefully began to watch the two even as they traveled away from Earth. He kept his distance in case he would have to shift once more.

Eventually, the moment came. He recognized it well. Shifting from creature to a humanoid figure, he grasped an arrow and let it fly towards the rabbit.

CARMA TAMMY
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 05:29 PM

Thehh was nae way ter talk abahht th’fall ov th’Golden Age wiffahht a sense ov dread an’ a lil’ bit ov sorrow along wiff’t. Douglas was ne’er a pahht ov that wohhld, bu’ ter him, th’massacre was terrible in anuvver way; yea loss ov life was one fing, bu’ ter him’t was th’loss ov culture vat hit hahhdest. As one who represented knowledge….th’loss ov such rich wohhldly information was painful. All vat ‘e knew ter be left ov th’Golden Age was th’smatterings ov information vat th’Lunanoffs kept on th’ship, an’ wotevehh th’few suhhvivors brought wiff them as well. Which wan’t ter say a whole lot. It was a shame ter lose sah much.

An’ ov cahhrse thehh was th’insult ov Nightmahh Men - th’ones that used ter be people ov th’stahhs - transfohhmed inter dahhk vehhsions ov themselves. It wan’t a nice pahht ov th’story ter tell...bu’t was impohhtant vat she knew - aftehh all, thehh wehh Nightmahh Men on Eahhth - ‘e knew vat much. Wot was impohhtant was for Gin ter know vat th’faceless bad guys she was gonna see eventually…..’ad families, pasts ov theihh ahhn - most ov them wehh victims jus’ the same as anyone else. It was impohhtant ter know vat theihh enemy….wan’t jus’ “bad guys”.

It was cleahh vat Gin was finkin’ hahhd about wot she’d heahhd. Vat was good - aftehh all, nae many Gahhdians knew th’story. It was good vat she had heahhd’t now - e’en if she cleahhly din’t want ter know….everyfing. ‘E could respect vat it was gonna take a bit ter stomach. Pehhsonally ‘e fought’t was best vat all Gahhdians should know, bu’ ven...vat wan’t really his call.

Douglas blinked as Gin spoke up again, speakin’ directly ter him vis time. He tuhhned slowly, wiff a small smile an’ a nod. ”I don’ fink it’s really a weight vat I have ter beahh…Ravver...it’s an honour ov mine vat I get ter keep ‘em alive. If nae me…..ven who will? Stories need ter keep livin’.” He tuhhned towahhd Gin ven, reachin’ ahht wiff a hand, bu’ hesitatin’ - she wan’t pahhticulahhly fond ov contact from jus’ anyone fahh as ‘e could tell.

Bu’ ven he felt…..somefin’ compellin’. Thehh was vis sense…..sudden feelin’ ov emotion - ‘e wan’t shore if’t was thehh before, bu’ he felt it - a tug ov….

Vat hand vat was hesitatin’ before moved, reached ahht ter touch Gin’s face gently, bu’ thehh was fondness thehh, an’ fondness in ‘is eyes. A soft smile came ter his lips ven.

”Here I bin tryin’ ter get ye ter tell me yer story. I jus’ wan’ ter know more abahht ye, Gin.”
you can count on me
*QUIET SQUEALING* |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 08:29 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Virginia was not sure if she had overstepped her boundaries when saying something so personal, and based on assumptions. She blushed a little as Douglas turned to look at her, but she was relieved to see a look in his eyes that had no hint of annoyance.

>>”I don’ fink it’s really a weight vat I have ter beahh…Ravver...it’s an honour ov mine vat I get ter keep ‘em alive. If nae me…..ven who will? Stories need ter keep livin’.”

Virginia nodded. Whether ending happily or sadly, some stories were important enough to merit a Guardian passing them on - and this one especially, all of their kind needed to know and remember. Even she felt different now, having heard how it all began; like her job suddenly got larger than itself.

She saw something in Douglas' eyes too, as he raised his hand to her face. Virginia froze, not sure what to make of the gesture. Had it been anyone else, especially anyone else male, she would have recoiled immediately, or demanded more respect to her personal space. Such a familiar gesture was inexcusable for acquaintances... But somehow, not for Douglas. He was alone with that in the universe.

>>”Here I bin tryin’ ter get ye ter tell me yer story. I jus’ wan’ ter know more abahht ye, Gin.”

It was a familiar touch, and a familiar name. Virginia was at a loss of words. Despite the cool light of the moon, she felt warm... warm on the inside, with that feeling of security that had always been there when she was around Douglas. Like the disturbing feeling of other people being too familiar with her did not exist for him. Virginia realized that she imagined him hugging her, and the thought warmed her and scandalized her at the same time. She had to lick her lips before she spoke up.

"I... You already know more about me than anyone else I currently know." she said finally, not sure why that statement was even relevant at the moment. "I... can tell you my story if you'd like... It is just not much." it really wasn't; she had not lived a very adventurous life, and after she became a Guardian, most of her adventures involved him anyway. The next part she did not expect to day, but it slipped out before she knew it "I wish I could tell you more."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 10:24 PM

Thehh was sah much information ter leahhn…ter be leahhned…ter be leahhned from…an’ someone needed ter keep’t in ordehh. Douglas was vat someone, an’ he was prahhd ter hold such a role. He was prahhd ter recohhd vese stories, ter keep them in a place vat th’Gahhdians could visit. A store’old ov knowledge vat vey could access. Bu’ vis time…it was more van jus’ abahht a collection ov knowledge. Vis was….him wantin’ ter know more…pehhsonally. ‘e wanted ter know abahht Gin. Pehhsonally.

‘er skin was soft. Nae like th’roughness ov his ahhn hands, worn wiff time spent muckin’ abahht wiff his fellow trickstehhs. Bu’ she was nehhvous…’e could see she was uncehhtain. He…well. Why ‘xactly had ‘e reached ahht ter touch ‘er face like vis? It wan’t somefing ‘e would ov e’er done naturally, bu’ thehh was vis feelin’ in his chest like it was th’righ’ fing ter do. An’ her face…was jus’ pehhfect, fit righ’ in th’palm ov….

Wot was he finkin’ abahht? Lahhd vat wan’t…vis wan’t…

Huh.

‘e was stahhtin ter git an idea…ov ‘xactly why’t was he was feelin’ vis way. Ne’er fought ‘e’d find vat kind ov fondness in someone as uptight as Gin, bu’…he shore felt’t. Thehh was nae uvver way ter explain-

‘e should really…pay attention while she was talkin’. An’ probably…let ‘er face go. Douglas let ‘is hand slip, bu’ he was still close – a bit closer van comfortable. ‘e smiled fondly at her lamentation, shakin’ his head. ”You can tell me anyfing ye got. I wan’ ter know. Wotevehh ye have ter say, it’s got ter be good. An’ in retuhhn I can tell ye all abahht me.”
you can count on me
*QUIET SQUEALING* |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 06:30 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Time flowed differently on the Moon Clipper. The light was different, the place was different, the atmosphere was different... Virginia could not have said if they had been there on the deck for five minutes, or five hundred years. The rational part of her mind tended towards the former end of the scale, but time seemed to fold in on itself as she was preoccupied with the rush of warmth as her and Douglas stood face to face, lost in a moment that was as confusing as precious. He eventually withdrew his hand, but he was still standing close to her, and she could feel her cheeks burning up.

>>”You can tell me anyfing ye got. I wan’ ter know. Wotevehh ye have ter say, it’s got ter be good. An’ in retuhhn I can tell ye all abahht me.”

"A... alright" she swallowed again as she nodded, angry at herself for behaving in such a questionable manner. But surely, sharing her story was only fair, given the history of the two of them? she blinked, realizing that now that she had agreed she would actually have to talk, and finally broke the half-mesmerized eye contact they had been holding. "We should... we should probably sit down."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.