Add Reply
New Poll

I saw a Valkyrie fighting Santa Claus, North / Haley
☽ HALEY HELSTROM
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 06:52 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

When Haley landed on the North Pole, she had to admit, even for her new Norse resistance to cold, that the place was not exactly warm and inviting. Knee deep in snow, the Valkyrie wrapped her woolen cloak around herself, and trudged in the direction of the stronghold nearby. Valhalla's magic apparently did not make her able to teleport straight inside it. Or maybe she just needed an invitation.

She kind of had one, though. The guy whom everyone called North, but who was also clearly Santa, invited the new Guardian of Survival to pay a visit to his home. Apparently, next to being the jolly dude with the Coca Cola bottle, he was also a pretty darn good fighter, and Haley, who had only recently joined the ranks of the Guardians, needed some more one-on-one time, training with one of the Big Five.
Or maybe the guy was just curious about her.

Either way, Haley knocked on the door of the stronghold, waiting to be let in. Standing in the snowfall, she felt almost giddy. Meeting childhood heroes never got old. And she was really looking forward to this one.
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 08:22 PM
Old • Human • Wonder • North Pole

All was silent, not a single thing could be heard on this winter landscape except for the howling of the winds, hollow through the air. It was so cold, blisteringly so, it seemed impossible that anyone could reside in these conditions for an extended period of time. The door did not budge for sometime. It stood, tall and daunting in every way.
Then, it burst open. Haley was met with warmth, pleasant smells of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a great, furry creature, looking down at her with such confusion. It was no longer silent. The Workshop was loud and bustling with Yeti, none but the one before her paying her any attention. They all had their work to be doing, carrying, testing, painting, wrapping, all toys, all to go to children. It was their busiest time of year. They had gotten all their orders in, there were some last minute changes to be made, and no one seemed particularly interested in being interrupted. Even the yeti before her seemed annoyed that she was there. He let out a huff and looked to a clipboard in his hand, seeming to be trying to confirm something. He looked from the clipboard to Haley, then back to the clipboard, then narrowed his eyes.
Then, in a language that just sounded like just garbled noises, the Yeti seemed to ask something. When she didn't seem to understand him, the Yeti looked exasperated. He shook his fists to the heavens and... maybe swore? It was very hard to tell, but he did seem frustrated.
It was then that she heard it, the bellowing, jolly voice of North, a Russian accent curving every word. The voice carried, even out into the arctic air, demanding to be heard.
"That is it Mark," he exclaimed. "That bow is perfect! You are becoming the best bow-maker I have!" He came into view, a man who could stand next to a Yeti and not seem any less large and intimidating. North was dressed in a bright red, long-sleeved shirt, the sleeves rolled up to reveal his tattooed arms as he held up an immaculately wrapped present. He shivered as he felt the cold rolling in.
"Phil! Why is door open?" He shouted as he turned to look towards the entrance. North's face brightened up then, eyes going wide. The beautifully wrapped present was tossed aside in his excitement as he went rushing towards the door. Mark scrambled to catch it, saving it just before it hit the ground. Mark carefully set his handy work back down on the table, wiping his brow.
North came bounding towards the door at full speed.
"Phil, it is freezing out! Invite our guest in, don't just make her stand at door!" North laughed. He turned to Haley then, taking her by the shoulder and pulling her into the impossibly warm workshop, then into his impossibly warm embrace. It was a brief one, just in greeting, before he was clutching both her shoulders, looking down at her with a smile that rounded his rosy cheeks.
"One of our newest Gaurdians, Haley Helstrom!" He pronounced her name very well and traditionally. "The Guardian of...," he seems to think upon it for a moment, "Survival! You must be very strong, yes? Come, come, you must be very cold and very tired!" North placed a hand on her back and lead her through the bustling shop. It was hard to maneuver through all the commotion, but North lead her through the crowd and up the stairs. There was plenty to look at, things flying in the air, lights and garlands strung everywhere, all the Yeti working hard to meet their deadlines.
"The shop is being very busy this time of year, Christmas is a month away!" He shook with laughter then as they made their way up the mahogany steps. "Are you celebrating the holidays?" Finally, he let himself stop speaking for a moment to let Haley be apart of the conversation.

HALEY HELSTROM
PM
^
☽ HALEY HELSTROM
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 08:37 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The doors opened, light and Christmas smells and noises poured out, and Haley came face to face... or rather, face to fuzzy belly... with a...
A what, exactly?
Haley's gaze traveled up, taking in the large furry creature that seemed to be a cross between a Japanese anime mascot and the snow monster from a space epic.
A yeti. It had to be a yeti.
A yeti, with a... clipboard?...

Haley gaped at the creature while it made some garbled sounds.

"Uhhh... I'm... sorry?"

>>"Phil! Why is door open? Phil, it is freezing out! Invite our guest in, don't just make her stand at door!"

Santa was Russian.

The gaping continued as the yeti gave way to the large man in red, with tattoos on his arms and a resounding Russian accent, and the next thing she knew, Haley was crushed to his chest in an expert hug. He had almost two feet of height on her. Suddenly, 'fighting Santa' sounded a lot more intimidating.

>>"One of our newest Gaurdians, Haley Helstrom! The Guardian of... Survival! You must be very strong, yes? Come, come, you must be very cold and very tired!"

"It wasn't really that long a trip..." Haley muttered as she was ushered inside and up the stairs. It was good that Santa was pushing her along because she was constantly distracted by the colors and the shapes and the noises and the flying jellyfish things and the...

>>"The shop is being very busy this time of year, Christmas is a month away! Are you celebrating the holidays?"

"I... hope so?" Haley ventured. Her family was, mostly because of the kids, who now also knew Santa was a fact and not a myth someone grew out of. She was not sure if Valkyries got the holidays off, but she did want to spend some time with her family. "So, I got your invitation, and... um, it is an honor to meet you?"
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 05:45 PM

North felt a welling of pride, his chest puffing out just a bit. An honour to meet him! What a wonderful thing that was. Most people were, of course, honoured, but they were also a little too shell shocked to even say it. North knew he was a bit... intimidating, not his favourite feature sometimes, but he often forgave strange greetings and introductions. A first impression was never made permanent upon North, he always gave second and third chances for someone to really show him who they are. Still, he could make snap judgement at times when it came to an especially bad introduction. Haley seemed strong and stoic, but a bit quiet. He wondered if he was talking too much. Certainly, that couldn't be the issue.
"Ah! Did you like the invitation? I was using only my best stationary and my most red envelope. I had Phil write it, he is having better handwriting than me," North told her. "His cursive writing is all twirly and whirly. I am wishing it were my writing." He laughed at that. It was rather amusing, the imagine of Phil sitting at a desk with a pair of spectacles on as North orchestrated the letter, his hands flying this way and that as he spoke.
"But of course you were liking it," North decided before Haley even had a chance to answer the question.
They reached the last step and North brought her round to the right to a grand door, which he opened to his office.
"Come in! You should be making it your home," North bellowed, ushering Haley in and closing the door.
The door blocked out all the bustle of the shop, leaving the room completely silent, save for the cracking of the fire in the hearth and some mechanical whirring. It was so very quiet that there had to be some sort of spell upon the door to keep the noise from intruding on what felt like a little sanctuary. Either way, the room was calm and gentle compared to the hustle and bustle of the workshop and even North seemed to relax, if only just a little. There were shelves and tables plenty in this room, all covered in ice and toys. In one corner, a beautifully trimmed tree stood tall and proud, it's lights twinkling as if it was alive. Natural light came in through the window across from the door, white and frosty. The room had this strange meeting of cold and warm, like a cottage in the forest during the dead of winter.
North approached one of the tables and began to shift things around on it.
"It is being a mess in here," North commented as he simply tossed what looked to be a completely finished toy to the side. It had malfunctioned and he had no real use for it now. Of course, the toy looked fine, so only North would know. He could use it again later, for another invention.
He took a chair and placed it across the table from his own before turning towards the fire.
"Sit! Sit! I will be making hot chocolate. You are looking frozen from the long trip," he commented, ignoring her denial of it being so long from earlier as he set a kettle on a hook above the fire and returned to the table. He sat, his chair making a great creaking noise. His crystal blue eyes going wide to show all the whites, and North peaked over the arm rest to check on it. He would have to fix that.

HALEY HELSTROM
PM
^
☽ HALEY HELSTROM
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 02:31 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>"Ah! Did you like the invitation? I was using only my best stationary and my most red envelope. I had Phil write it, he is having better handwriting than me. His cursive writing is all twirly and whirly. I am wishing it were my writing. But of course you were liking it,"

"Wh... the yeti wrote the letter?" Haley blinked. It was hard to get a word in edgewise as she was ushered across Santa's actual workshop, manned by various yeti and small point-hat-wearing things that did not appear to be doing anything particularly useful. On top of all of that, Santa still had a strong Russian accent. Sure, not weirder than a Valkyrie from Chicago... but yeah, kinda weirder.

>>"Come in! You should be making it your home,"

And then suddenly it was all quiet. The room they had stepped into looked like a cross between a CEO office and someone's cozy mountain lodge. Full of ice sculptures and toys, of course, and with a fireplace. The whole thing was so... Santa.

Haley looked cautiously around, then dismissed her cloak.

>>"It is being a mess in here. Sit! Sit! I will be making hot chocolate. You are looking frozen from the long trip,"

"It wasn't that long..." Haley muttered, taking a seat. She had expected a lot of things, but drinking hot chocolate with Santa was not really one of them. She felt a little awkward, being a grown ass woman and a Norse warrior, sitting in some Christmas idyll...

"So... this is the North Pole, huh. Um, is there a Mrs. Clause?..."

Making small talk was hard sometimes.
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 01:57 PM

“Yes, yes, Phil wrote the letter. Phil is writing all letters. It is... sort of his thing,” North replied with a laugh. She seemed to focus on strange things, but that was probably the nerves. Phil was the best of North's Yeti, well, one of the best. Of course he would use him for such things! He was very good with the paperwork that North found so dull. He would much rather be creating and inventing than writing out what he's created and invented. Phil liked that, and he was good at it!
North sat in his chair, bouncing just a little, hands clasped over his stomach. He had a great laugh at the question.
“Mrs. Clause,” he repeated before motioning to the general area they were in, “This is being Mrs. Clause. My work in my wife.” North had never spent much time with women, other than the Guardians. He supposed there were some beautiful women in their ranks who he could consider, but he was far too busy. North hadn't approached a woman since before Santoff Claussen and no woman had approached him. He was comfortable with that. The Yeti and elves to keep him company and his work kept him busy. North was happy enough without a wife.
“You are a Valkyrie. Where are being your wings?” He asked pointedly, but playfully, his expression an overly-animated version of questioning. North's fury eyebrow arched high. “We are not being all that they say we are, but more than that, yes?”

HALEY HELSTROM
PM
^
☽ HALEY HELSTROM
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 11:27 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>“Yes, yes, Phil wrote the letter. Phil is writing all letters. It is... sort of his thing,”

Okay, so the yeti wrote letters. The yeti called Phil. Because it was his thing.
Haley saved the information to be mulled over later. Honestly, it wasn't the weirdest thing she'd encountered lately... but it also kinda was. She turned the conversation to other matters. Not too successfully, since Santa laughed a good healthy laugh.

>>“Mrs. Clause. This is being Mrs. Clause. My work in my wife.”

"Ah." Haley nodded. So... no red-cheeked, bouncy Mrs. Clause. She had to admit she was a little relieved; she had never been fond of the character for some reason, and North was definitely red-cheeked and bouncy for the both of them.

>>“You are a Valkyrie. Where are being your wings? We are not being all that they say we are, but more than that, yes?”

"That's true." Haley nodded, suddenly feeling a little dumb. Having met the Easter Bunny, who was like eight feet tall and Australian, she really could have been better prepared for surprises. "I didn't really expect the yeti either. I thought it was just, you know. Elves..."
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 05:36 PM

"Elves are being... helpful in other ways. I have known the Yeti for many years, around the time I was becoming Guardian. Elves are being a little new," North tried to explain. "There are only so many Yeti to be had. I was needing more hands in the workshop and the elves were needing a home."
A gentle whistle rose to crescendo from the hearth as the water boiled in the kettle. North made a small groan noise as he stood from his chair, the piece of furniture joining in his chorus, not unlike when he'd sat. He removed the singing kettle from the fire and poured the water into a bowl. A few ingredients were sprinkled in, cocoa, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, milk, and of course a secret, unlabeled ingredient. North looked up and smiled at Haley, giving her a small wink. The elixir was stirred and ladled into two cups, topped with marshmallows and a little more cinnamon. The beautifully presented drink was placed in front of Haley.
He sat back in his chair and sighed, taking a sip from his own cup and placing it down onto the wood table.
"That will be warming you right down to your little toes!" North assured her.
His face settled then, his smile dropping. It seemed as if something came over him, a thought of some sort, as his brows furrowed in concentration while he tried to devise some way to voice it.
Finally, he asks softly, "Were you being apart of the defense during Halloween?"

HALEY HELSTROM
PM
^
☽ HALEY HELSTROM
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:41 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Santa had an amazing workshop, run by yeti, with some elves underfoot. That was definitely not what Haley had imagined. Then again, neither was she.

>>"Elves are being... helpful in other ways. I have known the Yeti for many years, around the time I was becoming Guardian. Elves are being a little new. There are only so many Yeti to be had. I was needing more hands in the workshop and the elves were needing a home."

Who would have thought the North Pole had a yeti shortage... Haley couldn't help but chuckle. So far, the conversation was taking all kinds of unexpected turns, but she was kind of having fun of it. And the drink... the drink was poetry. It smelled like Heaven (definitely better smelling than Valhalla), and Christmas, and everything nice. Haley buried her nose in the mug and hummed as they both took a moment to enjoy the drink, before North spoke again.

>>"Were you being apart of the defense during Halloween?"

"Kind of... yes and no" Haley frowned "I was ambushed by some storm witch and a bunch of night mares. She was one of Pitch's people who crashed the masquerade... the two of us kinda have a history. Managed to fight her off, but the mortal with us did not fare very well."
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 02:37 AM

North let out a noise of frustration and leaned back in his chair. He pinched the bridge of his nose for a few moments. This seemed to calm him after just a few second and he leaned forward again. The chair moaned and creaked with his movements. The Guardian's expression was serious, but not displaying how truly upset he was. He would much rather this girl not see that. North had to be a man without fear and full of unrelenting courage; there was no room in that facade to be upset.
He nodded, taking a slow sip from his mug. “It is seeming like we were all being attacked that night. That is the most active I have seen Pitch for years and I am not even hearing of him coming out of his hole to fight! Always sending in his Anti-Guardians,” North seemed to realize the tangent and refocused himself. “Were you being able to help the one with you?”
PM
^
☽ HALEY HELSTROM
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 08:49 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Santa... North was upset. It was strange, to see him upset. One, he was still freaking Santa (Haley was slow on getting used to the differences), and two, in the few minutes she'd known him personally, he seemed like such a cheerful guy. But he was still a Guardian. One of the big ones. And he was in the middle of the whole damn war.

>> “It is seeming like we were all being attacked that night. That is the most active I have seen Pitch for years and I am not even hearing of him coming out of his hole to fight! Always sending in his Anti-Guardians,”

Haley nodded. Not knowing how many lackeys Pitch had, or who they were, made the fight all the more frustrating. Anyone could be a simple, neutral party, or a dangerous immortal.

>>“Were you being able to help the one with you?”

"Who Dan... the mortal?" Haley nodded "Yeah, he held his own. And I managed to get rid of the hag." she paused. She had never really explained this part before. "I... have the ability to strike fear in people. So I did that to her, and the night mares turned against her. She ran away. It was fun to watch." she smirked "I don't like doing it, usually. It's a Valkyrie thing."
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 11:24 PM

North felt a smile come upon his face, filling out his rosy cheeks. He was always most pleasant looking when he smiled. Without it, he bore a face of a weathered man, one with much on his mind, and a tiredness in his eyes. But, the smiles always reached those baby blue eyes making them sparkle with excitement and wonder.
“Ah, yes, Valkyrie. They are being strong women, very capable on battlefield,” North nodded firmly. “But, this is being most women!” Bellowing laughter filled the room.
Once it died down, he brought a hand up and pointed at the young girl in front of him. “You are being good on the battlefield, yes? You are one of Odin’s?”
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.