Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

NO ONE IS ALONE, OPEN and Jake
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Jul 1 2016, 04:43 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella had had quite enough of shopping but she knew she was not finished yet, not even close to it. Her shoulders slumped as she kept hold of the bags that she had managed to collect in each of the stores she'd already gone to. She loaded the bags onto the cart she'd been allowed but she could tell it wouldn't be enough room. Three more shops to go...she looked down at the collection of nonsense and sighed deeply before brushing a strand of hair away from her dirty face. Some days she felt that she would never be able to finish the endless list of chores she was given. Today was one of those days. But Ella kept moving onward, squaring her shoulders firmly before making her way to the next shop. She could only hope that it wouldn't take long to go to market and that she could easily gather the next few items off of the list with no trouble at all.

But Ella had not been quite looking around her surroundings when she'd gotten to the door. She felt a swift knock against her side, an accidental push of sorts that sent her sprawled onto the asphalt below. She hit the ground hard, scraping her hands and legs enough to where a little blood showed but not enough to cause any concern in her own eyes anyhow. She brushed off the blood and scrape , adjusting what had fallen from the carts as carefully as she could and looked up to see who had been the stranger who had knocked her down in the first place. At first she didn't see anyone and had thought almost that maybe she'd tripped on her own somehow. Sighing yet again, Ella kept moving, certain that hardly anyone had noticed her tumble just the same. However she was quite surprised to see someone come up to her, a stranger that she did not know. Or were they simply moving past her? Ella could not tell for the time being but she stopped just the same to watch them, wondering if she should say something or not to the possible culprit.

Finally, she gathered up her courage enough to at least announce something of a timid greeting. "Hello?"

(ack first post here hope this is ok.)
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 04:20 AM
21 • Human • Insecurity • Burgess, PA

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
FEEL A LITTLE LOST, A LITTLE TOO REAL, AND I'LL COME BACK AGAIN. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. OH, I GUESS, I GUESS I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT IT THROUGH ENOUGH. AND I GUESS, I GUESS I –
Since the last screw up of his, it was difficult to convince his younger twin much less his uncle to let him go off on his own to do whatever that needed to be done. Jacob couldn’t really blame them though not after what he did. But still, it was a huge pain in the ass now just to leave now. A sigh of frustration left him as he walked down the sidewalk towards the nearest shopping complex. It was his turn to go pick up some food for the next couple of days. Why he was walking there? Well, the car privileges were taken away from him until further notice. And that is what truly pissed him off the most out of everything. He messed up. Jacob understood that, but that was taking it a bit too far.

Quickly the blond shook those musing out of his head. Getting all mad now would just lead to more trouble and he honestly did not want to hear another scolding from his uncle anytime soon. So no getting into fights whether that was verbal or physical. It would be a hard thing to do all things consider, but he was sure he could do it if he wasn’t pushed enough. Just ignore everyone and everything. That way nothing would cause him to lose his temper. He kept telling himself such as he continued with his scroll. Certainly it couldn’t be that hard, right? Besides, it was a weekday. Not many people should be out just yet.

It did not take much time until Jacob finally arrived at his destination. It was a little crowded than what he wanted though it wasn’t that bad. He was about to make his way into one of the many shops, but stopped himself once his blue gaze caught sight of something. It seemed some jackass knocked over some girl, who looked to be about his age, and simply walked off as if nothing happened. Oh. He wanted to do something to that jerk. He wanted to punch the guy. But did he? Nope, he didn't. No matter how much he wanted to the young adult stopped himself. It wasn’t worth it anyway.

Now what? Should he mind his own business and go on about his day? That wouldn’t be right. Clearly, that girl was having trouble. He couldn’t just leave her like that. After a few moments of arguing with himself what to do, he pressed forward towards Ella. “Hey. Are you okay?” He asked. “I saw what happened. I can’t believe that jerk just walked away.”

notes. I'm going to snag this with Jacob rather than Jake. 83

PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 02:43 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

"Oh no..." She looked up, not quite expecting the response that was so fast. And gentle as well. She bit her lip as she saw the man's kind face, compassion in his eyes that she wasn't quite used to. It was odd really how such a small thing meant so much to someone like Ella. She was constantly looked down upon day after day, commanded and practically stepped on no matter what she tried to do. Even the tiniest regard of kindness towards her was enough to make Ella stop in her tracks. And he was looking right at her as well, not ignoring who she was or pretending she didn't exist.

He was treating her like a real person with feelings and emotions that actually mattered. "Oh don't worry, sir, it happens. Perhaps he was just busy and he didn't see me. I should have moved out of the way , you know. But th-thank you, really. You're very kind.' She said quite meekly as she pulled herself up off of the ground. "See? I'm all right, not even a scrape." She said as she moved to gather her things off of the ground as best as she could. Of course they were quite out of order by now but she just wanted to get it over with. After all, she was already quite late and she knew she would get an earful if she didn't get home soon.

"I won't forget this." She said gently, a small smile on her dirty face. "Honest, I won't, but you see i must be going. I'm very late as it is. But if you need anything, don't ever hesitate to ask." She insisted, managing to gather up all of her things at last, shoulders sagging from the weight of them all.
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 05:10 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
FEEL A LITTLE LOST, A LITTLE TOO REAL, AND I'LL COME BACK AGAIN. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. OH, I GUESS, I GUESS I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT IT THROUGH ENOUGH. AND I GUESS, I GUESS I –
Something was obviously not right here, Jacob noted. There is no way she was alright after a fall like that. His twin always had fall such as the one Ella had, making him know off the bat that she was hurt at least in some way. However, as she continued on she managed to catch the blond off guard. She thanked him though he expected that but the other thing? No. That isn’t not anything he thought he would ever hear. It was her fault for not moving out of the way fast enough? What bullshit that was. She truly didn’t believe it, right? Jacob certainly hoped so. If anyone was to blame here it was that asshole and him alone. None of this was her fault.

Another thing that bothered him was the fact that she called him kind. He wasn’t the kind twin here. That was Jake. Why would she even say that? He only asked her if she was okay and that’s it. Even the way she currently stared at him was a bit off as well. This girl was a strange one. “You know, it’s not your fault, right?” He finally replied back with a question before moving to help pick the items that were scattered across the sidewalk. Once that was finished, he straightened back up to his full height and handed the things over to Ella. Before he could say another word on the matter, it seemed the strange girl decided to take her leave.

For a quick moment there, Jacob stood there, his blue eyes blinking as he tried to make sense of what the hell just happened. It took another few seconds for him to regain back his composure. “Hey! Wait!” He called out, following after Ella shortly after. “What are you even going on about? I only asked for if you were okay. You didn’t hit your head too hard, did you?”

notes. --
PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 03:19 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella wiped a little bit of sweat away from her brow as she steadied herself a little more. IT was strange to feel real kindness but she knew she couldn't stay here for very long. She was so used to doing things for others that she simply assumed she would have to do the same in return for his kindness. She had rattled all those things off in a nervous wreck, barely able to keep her things balanced as she moved onward. She couldn't help but notice that the kind boy was following her, something that she was certainly not used to. In fact it was beginning to frighten her a little, despite his intentions. But Ella knew the time all too well and she knew the consequences if she was unable to get there in time.

She'd been made to do many a terrible thing at the behest of her stepmother commanding her to punish herself for her tardiness. She shuddered at the very thought of it, pushing herself past her own exhaustion in an efforts to get back home as quickly as possible. "N-no, I'm all right, sir, you don't have to worry. I'm late and I really MUST be going home." She insisted, speeding up still faster as she moved towards the end of town. "Don't you worry about me."
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 02:59 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
Following after the girl probably hadn’t been the best thing for him to be doing. If he were in her shoes right about now, he would have likely flat out punch the brave soul who attempted such. There was a good reason behind it. Jacob actually wanted to help her, which is very unusual for him. He tended to keep his distance away from others as much as possible. However, this time everything was different. The way she looked at him bothered him. The way she acted towards him bothered him as well. She is obviously afraid of being late for a reason. He knew that look from his own tough past experience with his father. It had only been a guess of what was wrong though he did have a pretty sure his assumption was right. Whoever was waiting for her back home was probably much like his father.

He pushed himself forward after Ella, fastening up his pace a little more to catch up. There is something he could do to help, right? Jacob wanted to believe that he wasn’t as useless as his father had always told him. Shaking that thought out of his head, he tried to grab her hand in an effort to make her stop fleeing. “Just wait already! Dammit!” He huffed out, his blue gaze on the girl firmly. “What the heck are you so scared of? …And stop with the sir crap. I’m about your age. My name’s Jacob.” That sounded a bit too harsh, didn’t it? He was so bad at this. And yet here he was trying his best despite that.

notes. --

PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Sep 6 2016, 03:02 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella had thought that she could at least get out of ear shot, that she could finally be able to avoid another command for once that day. But he was still tailing behind her, had even grabbed her hand. She didn't understand why he insisted on speaking with her so much seeing as she believed herself as no one special. What was his deal? She was of course grateful that he had stopped to help her but she knew the consequences if she were to unfortunately be caught late after curfew. She'd suffered sick punishments before, mostly ones that she had to force upon herself upon an angrily delivered command.

So close...and yet as soon as he barked out the word wait, Ella froze in place. she squeezed her eyes shut and simply did as she was told, waiting for the next command to be delivered. She registered that he wanted her not to call him sir, that he was her age. The curse made her flinch a little but she simply sighed under her breath, wishing desperately to be released. "You don't understand. I have to get out of here and go home or they'll be very upset. I don't like letting down my family if I don't have to."
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 05:04 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
Maybe he should just let her go. It isn’t likely she would even tell him what was wrong and why she needed to head back home so fast after that fall of hers. No one in their right mind would tell a completely stranger about what was happening to them at home behind closed doors. That something bad was happening to them that nobody knew about. Jacob never told anyone. Only what little family he had and the one friend he had knew about what he went through growing up. She had every right not to tell him a thing. He understood that better than anyone. Yet he still wanted to help. To do something regardless if he just met her moments before and didn’t know her name.

A sigh left of relief left him once his blue gaze saw that Ella finally stopped trying to get away from him. Why she stopped so suddenly? He had no idea. He was just glad that she did. Tailing after her probably looked a bit creepy to say the least. “Look. I just want to help is all.” He started out briefly, trying to find the right words to say. “I’m sure your family can wait for another few minutes. You should at least take a quick breather. “ Yep. He was bad at this. The blond tended to mind his own business and not bother with most people. But this girl, he couldn’t just leave her. He knew those signs well enough to know what she was currently going through.

notes. --

PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Sep 23 2016, 03:04 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Of course she had to listen to his command whether he had meant it to be one or not. Her sigh was long and hard and she looked up to the boy again, wishing that she could just get back home already. She was already running on borrowed time, having wasted too much of it in that last shop. She'd been far too curious of the other objects and shiny things that she had almost forgotten her last command. However a sharp wincing pain to her head had been enough to make her keep moving onward. She was afraid of another pain like that should the last command not be followed and her curfew missed when the boy was insisting that she take a rest. As much as she would like to, she knew she couldn't. Even if the last thing he said happened not to be a command, Ella couldn't help but wish to follow it.

"N-no, like I said I'm already quite late and I've wasted too much time. Besides, they'll be lost without me if I can't help with dinner." she said quickly, eyes daring all around nervously. "You seem nice, sir, truly you do, but I can't be held up much longer. "Thank you for all your help. I promise it won't be forgotten." She insisted carefully, wanting to just run away but she feared that he would simply tell her to stay once again.
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Oct 21 2016, 05:53 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
What should he do? Nothing he did seemed to be working. No matter what he did or said, she kept on pushing on the matter of going back to her so-called family. A family that was likely treating her quite badly. Jacob knew the signs well enough to know. After all, he went through the same thing growing up. Whether or not it was worse or better than what this girl was going through, he had no idea nor did he care. And there was no way in hell he would ask. All he wanted to do was help. The blond just did not know how to do it or even if he could do anything. Talking to others had never been his strong suit. He normally ignored the world around him. This girl, however, is someone he could not ignore even if he wanted to.

A light sigh escaped him. This was only going to get them nowhere. No matter what he said, she kept on pushing about having to go back to her family. That they needed her. What crap was that? Surely they would understand that she fell and needed a few minutes to gather her things and catch her breath. If not, then they were worse than what he first thought. Jacob went to open his mouth to speak up, however, before he could do so a very familiar voice called out from behind him, causing the blond to visibly flinch.

“Jacob Anthony Cartney!” A man who appeared to be in his late forties yelled out, pushing his way through the crowd towards his nephew and the girl he was with at the moment. Once there he merely glared down at the blond. “I leave you alone for thirty minutes and you’re already causing trouble.”

“But it’s not like that!” Jacob tried arguing back. Of course, his uncle decided to show up at the worse time. He was just about to actually say something that might have helped. To make things worse, the man looked to be fairly pissed off. He quickly glanced between Ella and his uncle. Not a second after, he immediately let go of Ella’s hand, turning to face his uncle. “I’m just trying to help her, I swear!”

Choosing to ignore his nephew for now, John turned his attention Ella, a small, friendly smile appearing on his features. “Sorry about my nephew. He means well but he has a strange way of showing it. He hasn’t caused you too much trouble, has he?” He asked. He wanted to give Jacob the benefit of the doubt, but with the way his nephew had been acting lately doing so would be very difficult.

notes. --

PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Oct 29 2016, 03:28 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella felt the grasp of his hand as she never had before. It had been so long since someone had held her hand gently like that and she couldn't help but blush at the contact. Her cheeks were quite pink and she had been about to say something back to him when someone stepped in between them it seemed. Her brown eyes shot up in shock, her movements startled as she watched the newcomer tower above herself and the boy. He looked like Jacob and yet not quite. They had the same face in some ways but there was something dark in the man's eyes, something that Ella was unfortunately used to. He didn't seem to show any nature of kindness and that worried her all the more to know that this poor boy displayed fear. Ella knew that fear all too well and was afraid for him even though she had just met him. The boy seemed sweet enough and she didn't wish anyone any kind of harm, especially not any for having helped her.

"N-no, sir!" She said quickly, hoping she wasn't out of order by saying such a thing. She wasn't used to actually speaking up but she couldn't bear to hear someone else be hurt or yelled at for helping her of all things. She knew that she might not have too much effect on this tall man but she might as well try somehow. It was better than leaving poor Jacob to fend for himself when he was being scolded so openly. "He's not causing trouble...with all due respect, I-I mean..." Ella stammered out, not used to speaking up in such a way and she knew that she was quite out of turn. For all she knew the man before her had great power and this would come back to bite her. Still she looked down, head bowed in as much respect as she could muster and she hoped to appease Jacob's relation quickly enough.

"S-sir, he's been helping me. I tripped and he was kind enough to help me with my things so I could get home to my family. They need me after all." She said quickly, hoping that she was at least understood but she supposed she was too much of a mess to make any sense whatsoever. "It's all right, really. Without him, I would probably still be picking up all those things and I'd be even more late to get home." Ella was desperate now, hoping that she had managed to ease the man's apparent anger and help him calm down a little at least.
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Dec 6 2016, 06:44 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
Right when he was actually getting somewhere or at least he thought so, his uncle showed up just to accuse him of something he was not doing. It’s been a week and a half. Wasn’t that long enough for John to forgive him? There was a reason why he broke the rule of going to New York alone. Jacob just wanted to visit his mother’s grave and have some time alone. It isn’t like he wanted to get into a fight and get the police involved. He just could not control his temper all that well. Silently, he listened to what Ella and his uncle had to say. More than anything he wanted to argue back though he chose to bite his tongue instead. It was not worth it. The blond had to keep telling himself that.

All that changed quickly after hearing Ella stand up for him. Finally. someone who didn’t bad mouth him. “See?” He started off with a light smirk on his face, his arms crossed. “I wasn’t causing any trouble.”

Once again ignoring his nephew for the second time today, John gave Ella an understanding nod of his head. So. This was all some big misunderstanding then. It was not every day that Jacob actually went out of his way to help someone. It was a rare thing however it was possible. The brunet knew his nephew would not harm any girl, so he really did not know what to expect upon seeing Jacob and a young lady together like they were. “Oh. Then this is just a misunderstanding. I’m sorry for that.” He said gently as he possibly could. Not a second after, he turned his gaze towards his nephew. “Don’t act so smug, Jacob. You’re still not off the hook. Sure, you did nothing this time but you’re still in trouble for what you did.”

“Seriously? It’s been more than a week now.” Jacob tried to argue back.

Groaning, the man turned back to Ella, trying his best to not start a verbal fight with his nephew in front of her. She did not need to see this. And judging by her reaction before, she seemed to be a bit intimated by him for some reason or other. It would be best to not start anything in front of her. “Again, I am sorry you have to see this.” He started off briefly, shooting a quick glance at Jacob. “You see, this one here,” He cut himself off mid-sentence to quickly ruffle Jacob’s hair before continuing. “Has recently got himself in some trouble that could have resulted with him getting seriously hurt. It’s hard but I’m trying to keep him safe.“ Surely after hearing all that the girl would loosen up a bit. There was no need to be worrying over anything.

notes. --

PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 05:19 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella was somewhat relieved at the actions of the uncle. He seemed kinder than she had first assumed and that was a nice change of pace. After all, there weren't enough pleasant people left in this world that she could tell anymore. However, she could tell that poor Jacob was in trouble. Or had been at least. That was unfortunate as he seemed a decent sort, decent enough to have helped her anyhow. So shouldn't that be enough to be considered redeemable? She could probably count on one hand the amount of times that someone had helped her in the past week or so and to have it happen was quite refreshing indeed.

"N-no, sir, it's just nice to see someone else care about another person, you know?" She said quietly, barely a whisper. She did smile however, definitely seeing the two care about each other. What with her own neglectful and hurtful family and her even more neglectful father, sometimes seeing a man care about his nephew was enough to give her a small amount of hope. She wasn't sure what to do here, not wanting to upset either of them as they seemed so awkward as they did now.

"And of course...I mean,i f you love someone you want to keep them safe. it's only natural." She looked up at him this time, still blushing a little, not used to being talked to for this long. "But he's all right now, sir, really. At least I think he is. I only just met him but he tried to help me with all my things when no one else did. I know that's not enough to erase whatever happened but that least should tell you that he's trying." Ella was still stammering out the response, quite nervous by what was going on still. "I suppose I should go, sir, I don't want to cause any trouble either."
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 05:22 PM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
The longer he spent around this young girl, John noted that there was something a bit off with her. She acted far too nervous around him. He knew his tall nature could be imitating to some, however, the man doubted that was the reason behind it. He had a pretty good guess of what it was. He knew of the signs pretty well. His nephews first showed the very same signs when they arrived here in Burgess all those years ago. While they were getting better, he could tell somethings still bothered both twins, Jacob more so than Jake. The man let out a soft sigh. As much as he wanted to help Ella, John had no real proof of anything. She could just be shy. Not from a home with problems like he thought. He may very well be over thinking it.

Jacob noticed the clear change in his uncle even if it was for a brief moment. That alone was the sole reason why he didn’t say or do anything when he got his hair ruffled. He merely fixed his blond hair the way he usually had it and turn his blue gaze back to Ella. Before he was able to make a comment on the matter however he was cut off by his uncle.

“Yes, yes it is.” John said simply with a friendly smile on his face, not realizing Ella had said something earlier. His mind was on other things for him to be paying much attention to the young adults before him. “Oh. He’s pretty good at hiding it but he’s still hurt from that incident. Believe it or not.” He made to go poke his nephew in the area where his bruises that were hidden underneath a shirt.

Luckily, the blond dodged the poke, fully knowing that it was going to come. “Look. I get it. Just stop.” He glared at his uncle. Not a second later, he brought his gaze back to Ella. “You don’t have to worry about me, you know. Being grounding isn’t that bad. It’s just annoying if anything.”

“Annoying? Maybe if you actually listened then you wouldn’t be in trouble. I made that rule for a reason.” A very good reason. John knew that back in that city that there were a lot of people who wanted his nephew dead. His brother-in-law included in that mess. “Believe, miss, I know he’s trying. This punishment of his is just a little push in that direction.” There was much he could on about the subject though he chose to keep it at a short one for many reasons. The man believed Jacob would also be against telling a stranger anything either. “Oh. No, you aren’t the one causing trouble here.”

“Hey. What the hell’s that supposed to mean.”

“Nothing, Jacob.” Not a second later an idea made its made into John’s mind. “Um. Uh… I actually never got your name…” He said trailing off. How could he forget such a thing? He was too caught up with stopping Jacob from doing whatever that he forgot to give her his name. “Sorry. I’m pretty sure you already know Jacob here. As for me, I’m John Werner. What do we call you?” First he would get her name before asking the real question he had.

notes. --

PMEmail
^
ELLA FRELL
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 04:31 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella listened to them gently argue with each other. She could tell that the uncle was at least pleasant and that he seemed to mean well for Jacob. That was a nice idea at least and knowing that her new friend had someone who cared made Ella feel a little bit better. They were going back and forth a little fast for her though but she didn't interrupt. She knew better than that and simply just listened with interest, almost amused by their dialogue. It seemed as if this Jacob fellow tended to get into trouble quite a bit and that his uncle was constantly having to clean up his messes in a way.

Being grounded didn't seem all that terrible to Ella. But then again Ella had never really been anywhere else in order TO be grounded. Technically, she was grounded all the time, practically a prisoner was how she felt most of the time. But she wasn't going to allow herself to mope. Though something about their relationship made her a little sad. It made her think of how normal families should act, how she might have had that if her mother was still alive. Or if her father had noticed her pain and unfortunate situation and simply taken her away with him with his travels.

"N-no, that's all right. I didn't mean to get in the way of you two anyway..." She stammered a little, wondering what the uncle could possibly be thinking. She could see that look in his eye and could tell that he knew she was odd. She got that look a lot around people who weren't used to her subservient attitude. And she was definitely seeing it in him now. Perhaps he might even be on to something, enough so that he might begin to start asking questions that she wasn't ready to answer.

"Oh, right, my name it's uh-" She wasn't too used to people actually wanting an introduction. And besides Ella was used to being over looked by most everyone in the town these days. She was simply an invisible servant not worth their time. Or at least she was according to her stepmother anyhow. "Ella. It's Ella." She had almost stumbled into the word Cinders, a name her stepsisters taunted her with. "It's nice to meet you, sir."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.