Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Picking Up Speed, tag Moon Rabbit
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Jan 28 2017, 10:42 PM
Unknown • Egyptian Deity • Equilibrium • Egypt/Duat

Despite the difficulty of it all, Thoth found himself unwilling to turn back in the deal he had made with Khonsu. After all, the possible benefits of the exchange would be more than worth it if he won their game. He doubted that Nut would feel little else except gratitude if he managed to provide her with a solution to her sterility. Gratitude was quite a useful thing, more so than debts. It led people to believe that they should do things for others for little, if nothing, in exchange.

Unfortunately, Khonsu was a rather suspicious deity. It was an admirable trait, at least. He would have been disappointed if he were challenging a complete idiot. Moreover, it was not as if his beliefs were untrue, even if he likely had no proof for them. Truthfully, they only bothered him due to how difficult they were making this entire ordeal. No matter whether he had been suspicious or not, it would have taken some time to set up the game as the two of them resided on different planets. However, everything took a bit longer with his conditions. Moreover, Khonsu seemed rather adamant to spend little time speaking to him. Perhaps he was a bit paranoid?

Thankfully, he had finally managed to come to the home of their game. Taking a glance around, he noticed how foreign it appeared. Little about it appeared familiar. In fact, it looked to be ages ahead of Earth in technology, even among the Gods. It was quite fascinating, even a bit beautiful. If he had a bit more time-

-Ah, but he was getting a bit distracted....

What's a god to a non-believer?

MOON RABBIT | Carma | Just endlessly absorbed  
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 02:14 AM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Well vis was somefin’ ye din’t see much ov vese days. It could, ov cahhrse, hahhdly be said vat th’Moon Clippehh was empty; thehh wehh plen’y ov folks vat lived on th’Moon. Each had theihh ahhn reasons, some wehh born ‘ere - namely th’lil Lunanoff ‘imself. Uvvers were gahhdians ov th’moon, like ‘e had bin chosen among th’Navajo animal spirits. Bu’ ven thehh was occasions whehh somefin’ new came abahht. An’ vis time it came in th’fahhrm ov a competition between...a deity ov th’moon, an’ a messengehh god, ov th’Egyptian panthen boff. Th’fact vat Foff was challengin’ Khonsu was absolutely ballsy ter say th’least. Thehh was a bit ov a stihh throughahht th’Moon Clippeh abahht’t.

Khonsu shore din’t seem ter take’t well, fahhnd th’entahh ordeal fahh ter suspicious. Vat guy needed ter eivver locate th’tree lodged up ‘is arse, get ahht more an’ stahht talkin’ ter people, or get laid. An’ yet none ov those was abahht ter happen. Eivver way….Douglas wan’ed ter...well, snoop. He’d heahhd all th’heahhsay ‘e could handle - ‘e wan’ed ter see’t for himself. Jus’ wot was vis challenge all abahht?

Douglas wandehhed through th’halls ov th’Clippehh, sleek an’ advanced in design. When ‘e fihhst came ter vis place ‘e had bin baffled by’t; nahh he maintained some ov th’machinery ‘imself, knew each passageway an’ whehh each tuhhbo lift led him. Fer nahh ‘e was lookin’ fer th’computehh mainframe - ‘e needed ter access a tehhminal ter figgehh ahht whehh vis game was bein’ held, ‘e wanted ter take a good look. Bu’ jus’ as he was able ter reach one ov th’main tehhminals….’e saw an unfamiliahh face. Vat had ter be...theihh guest, yea? Douglas - th’Moon Rabbit, Gah’tsoh, while ‘e was hehh - stepped fahhrward an’ gave a wave ter vis new bloke.

”Oi, mate, ye wun’t happen ter be vat mite wot challenged Khonsu ter a game would ye?”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
AMAZING LET'S START DIS |love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 04:40 AM

Focusing, the scribe turned his attention to the immediate area around him. Thoth doubted that he was going to be left alone for too long and could expect someone to show up soon. If not, he supposed that it would be fine if he began to explore the craft as he would have preferred to. After all, there was plenty that was foreign to the deity in this environment. He released a sigh. Truly, Khonsu had no idea how lucky he was, did he? The foolish man was more concerned about power squabbles and the like. Then again, petty men tended to concern themselves with petty matters.

Thoth found his thoughts interrupted as another entered the halls. He looked over to the other with a withdrawn curiosity. By the Egyptian's standards, the Moon Rabbit was nothing too peculiar. While he stood only a few inches above Thoth himself, the rabbit was of a leaner build. His humanoid form was not too unusual, reminding him of the forms that some of the Egyptian deities sometimes took upon.

He frowned at the accent of the fellow. It took a moment for him to understand what the other was saying, as his way of speaking was fairly foreign to him. He nodded. "That would be me," he affirmed. He frowned slightly. "You are one of the people who lives here?"

MOON RABBIT | Carma | Just endlessly absorbed  
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 02:59 AM

Mmm, righ’, vis guy wan’t from th’moon clippehh, din’t live ‘ere an’ very prob’ly was rahhely a visitehh wiffin theihh walls. Sah ov cahhrse ‘e should ov expected vat his pahhtnehh would ‘ave difficulty undehhstandin’ his speech. Th’Moon Rabbit pressed ‘is lips togevver, an’ allahhed th’uvver some time ter process wot was said. In th’future ‘e was gonna try ter keep vat accent….dahhn jus’ a touch, for vis guy’s sake. Least till ‘e got more customed to’t. He wan’t totally shore if’t was gonna take a while or….nae. Some picked up on’t quick, like Gin, bu’ uvvers…

He gave a grin as th’uvver introduced himself as, yea, Foff. He grinned, ahhms crossed o’er his chest. ”Vat’s righ’.” he stahhted, leanin’ back against th’console - cahhful nae ter touch any ov th’buttons an’ levehhs vat migh’ switch th’controls. ”Ye can call me Gah’tsoh or jus’ th’Moon Rabbit. I bin ‘ere for a while, nae as long as yer mate I fink.” Aftehh all, Khonsu was a god ov th’moon; Gah’tsoh ‘ad bin picked latehh on ter be a protectehh spirit. He smihhked, lookin’ th’uvver o’er as he offehhed a hand ter shake.

”Sah tell me, wot brings ye ter challenge Khonsu in th’fihhst place? Ye realize wot yer gettin’ yehhself inter, dahhn’ che? Vis is his game. Vat’s a ballsy move.” He spoke’t a bit slowehh, sah’t would be easiehh for th’uvver ter undehhstand him, fore givin’ a grin ov his ahhn. ”I like ballsy blokes. Fink yer ready ter lose?”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
~~|love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 06:38 AM

It was rather interesting to see the sort who lived here. In fact, it rang vaguely familiar of home itself, even if something such as humanoid animals were not entirely common across the Earth. He did have to wonder if most of those on the Moon Clipper were like this in appearance or if there were those who held more human appearances. Thoth supposed that he might only discover such an answer with time.

Gah’tsoh. The rabbit's name was foreign, but such was to be expected. Moon Rabbit was far easier on the tongue, but the God of Knowledge had never been one for easy facts. After all, the truth never was easy, now was it?

He nodded at the other's claim. "So many centuries," he said. After all, if he remembered correctly, Khonsu had not lived on Earth, at the very least, since he was young. Such a time was long ago. He could hardly recall how old he had been. Such knowledge was likely within his scrolls, as the years after his creation were not easy o remember by memory alone.

Gah’tsoh's question as simple enough and the Egyptian deity was not one to withhold answers to simple questions. It was only to broader questions with which he grew warier. "Khonsu has the power to grant a favor to a fellow deity within our pantheon," he said lightly, "However, he is not the sort to grant favors."

The rabbit managed to get a chuckle out of the god. "I will not lose." It was a statement said with the highest of confidence, stated only because he knew that Khonsu was already paranoid. And Thoth- Thoth was a man who gambled often and rarely lost.

MOON RABBIT | Carma | .... 
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 02:26 AM

Vis one was eivver a fool or - nae, a fool ‘e was, bu’ whevver ‘e was a clevveh fool or a damned one was yet ter be seen; ter challenge Khonsu ter vis game was fahh beyond a gutsy move - an’ pahht ov him had ter wondehh jus’ wot brought’t on. Thehh had ahhnly bin sah much chitchat vat made its way ter th’Moon Rabbit; nuffin’ abahht th’motive. Was it a claim ter fame vat he sought? Cause if vat was so, ‘e was most likely gon’ ter git his arse handed ter him ravver swiftly. If thehh was anuvver motive….wot was’t? A challenge like vis….well eivver way ‘e wanted ter watch’t.

Thehh was somefing abahht th’whole fing vat made him wan’ ter watch - whevver th’newcomehh failed an’ wallowed in wotevehh consequences was wrought or altehhnatively if ‘e won….well vat would be a momentous game ter beahh witness ter. Aftehh all - vis was Khonsu’s game, he was knahhn ter be a mastehh ov’t. He tilted ‘is head as th’uvver stahhted ter speak. He was aftehh….a blessin’? Douglas quihhked a brow n’ grinned a tooffy smile. ”Ye shore got vat bit righ’. Givin’s nae in his nature mate.” Which was a bit ov a hahhsh fing ter say bu’ ter many degrees ‘t was true. He wan’t much ter shahh, vat Khonsu. ”Sah ye challenged him instead.” Vat was more spoken ter himself ov cahhrse. Bu’ he grinned at vat show ov confidence - Foff seemed ter genuinely believe ‘e was gonna win, all th’more reason ter watch vis. ‘E stood up straightehh, approaching th’uvver wiff a grin.

”Ahh like th’way ye talk, mate. Got some real balls on ye, I fink.” -An’ jus’ ter make a point ov’t, he looked. Ay, if ‘e was gonna make th’jest ‘e had ter pull’t in its entihh vulgarity. ”Hahh long til th’game? I was finkin’ if ye han’t got much ter do ‘till ven Ahh migh’ show ye somefin’ ye might like. Dunnae if ye’d be up ter a drink till aftehh ye beat Khonsu’s arse, bu’ I can show ye whehh I got me a good stash ov alky. Cannie jus leave it abahht wiff th’lil’ Lunanoff hangin’ abahht.” …..Cahhrse, ‘e was grown up more now van ‘e was afore, bu’ Douglas, ‘e tended ter prefehh vat his stash nae git touched by jus’ anyone.
you can count on me
Wtf so vulgar XD |love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 12:39 AM

It was probably a bit foolish to think that he would not lose. After all, everyone had weaknesses and only an idiot would think that they were without any. Moreover, while Thoth and Khonsu were not well acquainted, he did know the other deity well enough. They both held titles in the same area, though the latter held more power when it came to being a lunar deity. Thoth's area of expertise was more in knowledge and magic. As a result, it was only natural that Khonsu would not trust him with this match. He would likely be just as cautious during the match as he had been thus far.

But then, that was probably why he was so convinced he would win. Someone who paid too much attention to one spot, often became blind to other places.

"No," he agreed, "But then I imagine it suits him well, as a lunar deity." The Moon was not something which was naturally generous. It was not the Sun. It gave only enough, only as much as was required. It was natural that Khonsu, who was the deity of the Moon, would be similar. There was little doubt in his mind that had he bothered to ask Khonsu to increase how much moon light was given then he would have gained nothing from this all. Playing by the other's rules was truly the only way to go about this.

He rose an eyebrow at the rabbit's words, his expression quite unimpressed at the other's actions. His expression shifted into one of more thought, his lips curved into a mild frown. "A few hours, at most," he said after a moment. His expression melted into one of mild interest. "Well, I would not be adverse."

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 01:05 AM

Khonsu an’ Douglas wehhen’t….well they wehh amicable neighbehhs, bu’ vat was abahht as fahh as vat went. They shahhed a space….n’ uvverwise vat prick tended ter keep fings ter himself. Douglas was tried an’ true a trickstehh spirit an’ vat wan’t gonna change; Khonsu knew vat. Annnn’ vat was prob’ly why he was a bit cagey ‘rahhnd him; Gah’tsoh th’Rabbit ov Navajo fables wan’t exactly ter be trusted at face value - sah at least ‘e wan’t a fool. Bu’ still, he could at least be a bit more ov a neighbehh. He wan’t a true spirit ov th’moon - vat was pahht ov’t - bu’ really? Vat was a bit shallahh.

Still, for all vat ‘e was, Khonsu was very good at wot ‘e did. Ter say vis gamble was a losehh’s chance at beatin’ him was an exaggeration; vis guy had ter have some sahhrt ov an ace up ‘is sleeve if ‘e fought he was gonna win. Bu’ vat was all th’more reason fer Douglas ter watch vis game when’t went dahhn. ‘E wanted ter take note ov’t, maybe chronicle’t if vey would let ‘im.

He gave a grin ov his ahhn at vat. ”Touchy fing ter say on th’Lunahh home, wouln’cha say? Dunnae, migh’ vey take offense?” Cahhrse Manny was ‘ere somewhehh….bu’ prob’ly din’t cahh if ‘e was called a selfish sahhrt ov spirit. He wan’t ter uptight like vat. Bu’ Douglas din’t disagree wiff him eivver. ”Should ov seen me mate Ableegumooch; ‘e an his gran saw some sahhrt ov moon spirit vis one yeahh, n’ it neahhly blinded him. He jus’ wan’ed th’bloke ter stop stealin’ from ‘is gran. Talk abahht dahhn selfish moon folk yea know?” Cahhrse ‘e was hollerin’ it ahht lahhd jus’ fer shits an’ giggles. Was’t risky? Ov cahhrse. Bu’ hey, bein’ a trickstehh was all abahht risk.

It sahhnded as thahh th’two ov them had a couple ahhrs - more van enough time ter take th’bloke ter his private stash, fix ‘im up fer whenevehh ‘e failed. An’ ov cahhrse thehh was jus’ th’general tour ov fings, prob’ly vis was his fihhst time arahhnd th’Moon Clippehh. He gestured ter follow wiff a grin. ”We dahhn’ usually get visitehhs up ‘ere. Migh’ as well use yer time wisely, nae? We ‘ave databases up hehh wiff all sahhrts ov information on th’stahhs, th’constellations vat once stood an’ hahh vey wehh obliterated. Vehh’s a bit ov Eahhth lore documen’ed, least wot I’ve bin able ter collect meself an’ document. Migh’ as well enjoy yer time ‘ere yea? Sah will’t be drinks fihhst or shall I give ye a walk abahht th’ship?”
you can count on me
Omg |love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 07:28 AM

Thoth rose an eyebrow at the Moon Rabbit's words. Overall, it was a bit unintentional. The deity never particularly meant to be rude, but from the sound of the lunar being's words he possibly had been. It was reasons like this that had always encourage the god of knowledge to keep to facades. Playing up kindness was often quite helpful, particularly when he aimed to gain something. Unfortunately, when he acted like himself he tended to be quite blunt, something which others often took as rude. Of course, he did not particularly see that way. After all, the truth was important, whether others thought it or not.

The deity rose an eyebrow, appearing relatively nonplused. The Rabbit was far more energetic than most of the deities that Thoth knew, but then he supposed that was relatively normal. A fair amount of the deities among the Egyptians were not the energetic sort. A lot of that could be found among other pantheons. It was hardly an alien thing to find that he might be coming off as a bit serious.

Then again, who really knew.

"Is that so?" It was difficult to know if the story was true. While it did not sound it, Thoth had never been the sort to throw away information just because it sounded improbable. In his experience, many peculiar things could be true. At the same time, he was not so quick to believe. Evidence, not faith, was more of within his range. "That is an interesting story." And for the moment that was all it was.

He nodded in agreement. His expression brightened at the mention of databases, though really, as much as he might have wished to ask it was probably better not to. After all, the other had offered his company and chances were that something like that would make his company poor to be in- well, if he said yes, that is. "A walk about the ship might be good," he said. After all, he was somewhat interested in its interior. Moreover, drinking could...probably wait until after. Perhaps a smidgen before. It all depended upon how long everything took.

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 01:14 AM

Vis guy had anuvver fing comin’ if ‘e fought vat Douglas was gonna stahht actin’ even remotely serious. ‘E could see vat disapprovin’ look he was gettin’ - Foff really wan’ inter th’whole Trickstehh routine. Well vat was somefin’ he was gonna have ter git used ter~. He grinned, barin’ his teef a bit as Foff questioned ‘is narrative. Well hell ‘e din’t know if’t was true or nae - wot one trickstehh told anuvver was jus’ a tall tale - e’en if ye wehh cousins. Whevver it was true or nae...g’luck tryn’a get th’truff ahht ov anuvver Trickstehh. Sah instead ov wohhds, ‘e jus gave a chuckle an’ a nod. ”True enough as I find’t entehhtainin’. An’ vat’s all vat mattehs, ter be honest.”

Long as ‘e was havin’ fun wot did it mattehh? ‘T had bin a bit ov a fun, wild story ter heahh. Foff seemed ter agree at least abahht vat- bu’ he caught th’use ov wohhds - an interestin’ story. Th’way he’d said it shore made’t ahht ter be a false one. Sah he din’t believe’t ven? Vis guy really was as interestin’ as dryin’ paint. Needed ter loosen up jus’ a bit, specially if ‘e wan’ed ter beat Khonsu.

Well ‘least he was adventurous ‘nuff ter join th’tour arahhnd th’Moon Clippehh. Douglas grinned, pullin’ himself up ter his full ‘eight. ”Ven let me show ye arahhnd, luv.” ...Yea, luv. ‘E could deal wiff v’cute nickname. He stahhted by leadnin’ them dahhn th’hall t’wahhds one ov th’biggest doohhways, pressin’ a hand ter th’keypad. Thehh was a faint blip as’t reco’nized his approach an’ th’doohhs opened wiff a hiss. Inside was a lahhge oval-shaped room; thehh wehh multiple screens, each wiff a different pahht ov th’wohhld shown. From time ter time it would change, as operated by th’Moon Mice mannin’ th’consoles. ”Vis is th’obsehhvatory. From ‘ere we can look’t any pahht ov th’Eahhth from th’screens - any pahht vat’s visible ter th’Moon Clippehh ‘least. Sah we cannie see anyplace vat’s on th’uvver side ov th’planet at a given time. We ‘n send a Moonbeam dahhn from vis place, an’ we can beam people to n’ from th’Clippehh usin’ th’transmat device. Vis is sahhrt ov a central hub - an’ from ‘ere ye can go ter th’onboahhd library, back ahht ter th’obsehhvation deck, or if ye take th’Tuhhbo Lift ye can go up an’ dahhn ter Engineerin’ an’ crew quahhtehhs. Allahh me ter be yer guide. An dahhn’ worry - Ahhll be keepin’ track ov time n’ get ye back ter play yer game.”
you can count on me
Omg |love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 04:01 AM

Technically, the rabbit as correct. While Thoth held little care for fictional stories overall, they were useful and served their uses. People, whether they were magical or not, tended to enjoy an entertaining story. In fact, such stories were the types that people could often get behind and place their belief in. "True," he agreed. as it all that mattered? Well, that was hard to say, but he doubted that the other meant it so literally.

Besides, if he played his cards right, then this day might be another story for the belief and entertainment of others. Hopefully, it would center around Khonsu's loss.

A perceptive being, it was not too difficult to tell that he was being judged by the other. He was not entirely certain exactly what it was about, but a good guess could say that it had to do with his personality. Whenever people took a disliking to him it tended to have to do with how he acted. He rarely acted as himself around others, knowing well enough that most would find his personality offensive. After all, opportunistic and manipulative were not exactly the key personality traits to making friends.

Though, that did leave him at something of a loss as to what the Moon Rabbit might find offensive about his personality.

Pushing the thought to the back of his mind, he decided to focus on it at a later date. Instead, he turned his attention to the rabbit before he began following after him. Dutifully, he listened to his present company speak. "Library?" he echoed, an interested gleam entering his gaze. While the observatory did sound interesting- and definitely centuries ahead of anything on Earth- knowing what information the Moon Clipper might hold was far more interesting.

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 12:21 PM

‘True’. Vat was all ‘e had ter say - well, ‘least he seemed ter agree wiff th’trickstehh. Aye, wot was th’value in truff alahhn when ye could peppehh it up wiff a bit ov falsehood ter give’t a greatehh entehhtainment? Fact, people tended nae ter listen ter vat - it wan’t fun enough. Wot vey wan’ed was a bit ov flavour - somefin’ fun, somefin’ excitin’ ter keep vem on th’seat ov theihh chaihh wantin’ more - an’ sah vat was th’way ov th’stories he wove. Some wehh completely true - some he could hahhdly say if they wehh or nae. His ahhn encahhntehhs wiff Ma’ii cehhtainly got expanded upon ter be fahh grandehh van wot they wehh, bu’ nae anyone was complainin’. It was why thehh wehh multiple vehhsions ov theihh stories - some vat painted Ma’ii th’villain, some vat saw him a neutral being an’ th’Createhh God.

All th’wohhld wan’ed was a good story, in th’end.

He could tell vat vis Foff mate was a bit on th’cautious side - or ‘least vat was wot ‘e wanted uvvers to see. Bu’ Douglas pehhceived thehh was a depth yet, somefing vat ‘e din’t want shown. Vat much was...well it wan’t vat he saw it, xactly, ravver th’very fact vat he challenged Khonsu ter a match at all showed vat in no way could ‘e be a cautious mate at all; vat was a risk indeed, an’ wiff wot was said ter be at stake? Oh vis was a man wot took a risk ter claim wot ‘e wan’ed. He jus’ also kept ter himself. Vat was a curious way ter behave, ter be cehhtain.

Ahhhhhhn, seemed ‘e was righ’ on one front thahh - ‘e’d brought up th’library because ‘e pegged vis bloke ter be a leahhnehh - a scholahh if ‘e was righ’. An’ thehh’t was, th’spahhkle ov interest. Th’Moon Rabbit gave a light grin. ”Vat’s righ’. A library - one Ahh keep up ter date on recohhds meself. Come wiff me.” Well - awrigh’ he wan’t th’ahhnly one. Thehh wehh uvvers vat helped ahht, bu’ th’Moon Clippehh’s Library was a compliation ov stories vat he an’ th’uvvers ‘ad collected. It was all th’infohhmation in th’computehh’s databases printed onter little computers - hand-’eld ones. As ‘e led th’way, they passed inter a grand cihhculahh chambehh - one vat was filled nae wiff books, bu’ floatin’ electric platfohhms vat moved from side ter side, up an’ dahhn. Along th’walls thehh wehh panels - panels wiff screens. An’ it was vese panels vat wehh th’”books” ‘e spoke ov - a library based on a computehh had ter interface directly wiff vat computehh, nae? Vese books was each loaded wiff a story - little black-an’-silvehh screens vat one could ‘old in theihh hand, an’ tuhhned pages wiff a swipe. Th’Moon Rabbit grinned, leadin’ vem boff onter a lahhge square platfohhm righ’ in th’middle. Thehh was a set ov smallehh panels on it - wiff arrows pointin’ fohhwahhd, back, left, righ’, an’ one righ’ in th’middle vat was a blue cihhcle. Vat was theihh up an’ dahhn.

”Why dahhn’ ye try drivin’ vis fing arahhnd? We’ll see wot kind ov knowledge finds ye.”
you can count on me
HAVE FUN? |love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 01:33 AM

Thoth did find himself relatively curious about the library, particularly when the rabbit mentioned that he helped keep it up to date. The mammal hardly seemed to be the sort who would be record keeper. Of course, appearances could be deceiving. Though, there was a chance that he was being lied to or the Moon Rabbit was leaving out details, possibly minor or major in nature. However, for the moment, it was not important.

Obediently, the deity followed his present company. Thoth's gaze ran over his surroundings, taking in as much as he could. As they walked, they passed a circular chamber. The deity's eyes paused on the contents that he spotted nothing that looked like the multiple forms of writing that were available on Earth or within his own realm. No name came to mind as to what they might be called, though it was unlikely that they lacked one. Instead, there were floating...platforms, he supposed. They were lined side by side. Interestingly, the walls were covered with panels. He found himself doubtful that this was art.

It was becoming clearer and clearer that the technology on the Moon Clipper was completely foreign to him. Moreover, it was likely eons ahead of anything on Earth and possibly many of the realms he knew were in existence.

Turning his gaze back to the Moon Rabbit, he noticed that his companion had led them to a square platform. This area looked similar to the circular room they had passed, as there was a set of smaller panels. There were arrows pointing in each direction- north, south, east, and west- in the middle of a blue circle.

He eyed the rabbit curiously at his words. "How?" he asked. This was completely foreign to him. He would prefer not to guess, though it was not beyond him. After all, not all discoveries were made with careful calculations. "Or am I to discover that myself?" He hardly cared which it was and that fact leaked into his voice.

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 02:06 AM

Thehh was typically a bit ov suhhprise associated wiff Douglas when uvvers came ter leahhn wot ‘e did on th’Moon. Ter be ‘onest adjustin’ ter th’behaviehh arahhnd vese pahhts was tough - vehh seemed ter be a cehhtain attitude vat ‘e din’t quite adhehh ter. Prob’ly had ter do wiff him bein an Eahhth rabbit ‘fore he ever became a resident ov th’moon. Thehh was a sahhrt ov prejudice - n’ vey could hahhdly tell him uvverwise. ‘E knew vat when he fihhst came ter th’Moon thehh was a funny look ‘alf ov them gave him. ‘E looked different, smelled different, actted different. Thehh was nae dahht vey fought ‘e was some sahhrt ov wild beast - n’ they wehhen’t wrong, eivver.

Sah ov cahrse ‘e was used ter all th’gawkin’ when people fahhnd ahht ‘e was a scholahhly sahhrt. ‘E din’t act like’t - vat was always a shock ter anyone. E’en back on Eahhth Ma’ii had fought ‘e was a brute. Came wiff th’territory of jus’ th’way he looked - tall, a bit loike a punk if ‘e was bein’ honest. Bu’ he was a bookish type at heahht. He fahhnd himself watchin’ ‘is guest as he stahhted ter peer arahhnd; vis place was prob’ly altogevver unfamiliahh - nae jus’ in vat he was on th’moon, bu’ th’library itself wohhked in a way vat wan’t ‘xactly wot one would expect. Ye had ter use a bit ov brain pahher ter get ter th’books - pahht ov th’way fings wohhked ‘ere. Once ‘e’d bin put in chahhge ov keepin’ recohhd ‘e’d done a bit ov remodellin’ - vis way if thehh was a break-in or somefin - Night Mahhes fahhnd theihh way onter th’moon clippehh or somefin’ - it wan’t as thahh vey could easily find any infohhmation vey wan’ed. Douglas knew th’way ter get ter each an’ every panel, each an’ every book vat he’d stored ‘ere. Bu’ a strangehh wiffahht guidance?

Well vat was th’fun pahht~

Nahh ter se wot vis guy would do wiffahht any instructions. Vat was his favourite pahht. ‘E quihhked a brow as th’bloke gave him a quizzical look - yea righ’, as if he was gonna tell ‘im hahh ter wohhk’t~. Vat was pahht ov th’game. Get ‘is mind wohhkin’ a bit. ”If I told ye vat, it’d ruin th’fun fer me.” Thehh was a cheeky sahhrt ov grin spreadin’ o’er his face. ”Bu’ I got a hint for ye. Vis panel’s on th’grahhnd; th’books ahh up on shelves above. Th’directional panels by yer feet ahhnly go in those directions - an’ funny enough thehh jus’ th’right size ter put yer foot dahhn. One foot, or e’en two.” ‘e crossed his ahhms. ”Nahh I leave th’rest ter ye. Fink ye can git ter one ov th’docks by th’shelves?”

Ye could put one or boff feet dahhn on an arrahh - one foot on west, say, n’ one foot on sahhth - vat would make ye go straight sahhth-west. Uvverwise ye could put one foot on an arrahh n’ th’uvver in th’middle - vat made ye go up an’ ter th’direction ye poin’ed at. Ter go back dahhn? Feet plan’ed on th’flat pahht ov th’panel wiffahht any ov th’buttons. Nahh….would ‘e be able ter figure vat ahht?
you can count on me
HAVE FUN? |love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 06:13 AM

The rabbit's answer did not surprise Thoth, but he did find its reasoning lacking. While knowledge should be found and learned, it was not something that was meant to be done just because the struggle amused another. Nonetheless, he supposed that it was unsurprising considering that the rabbit appeared to be a trickster of sorts, finding amusement in the smallest of jokes.

Thoth did not particularly agree with it, but then he had never been known for his sense of humour.

Quietly, he listened to the Moon Rabbit. "Of course," he murmured, nodding his thanks. Casting his gaze towards the panel, he began to think. From the sound of what the rabbit had said, the panel was meant to be used to reach the books. It made sense and reminded him of far more primitive, but similar technology upon Earth. Moreover, the directional panel was clearly meant to control it. Considering what had been said, it was likely controlled with one's feet. North, south, east, and west- these would control which direction it went, he could only presume as he followed this train of logic.

He stepped close to the panel.

The real question was how one made it go up. There was no clear indication of how one did so. He could think of a multitude of options, but this seemed more like something that had to be tested than left to pure thought.

Stepping upon the panel, he gazed at the directions. Experimentally, he pressed a foot on north, keeping the other in place. As he did so, it began to lift. The deity blinked. Oh, he thought, That makes a bit of sense.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.