Add Reply
New Poll

Quoth the Raven, Muninn's Plotter
☥ MUNINN
 Posted: May 3 2018, 04:13 AM
1600 • Raven • Mindfulness • Asgard

Quoth the Raven; - Nevermore.

FRIENDS: As an observer who is constantly on the move, Muninn is not possessed of many friends. At the very least, those are the reasons she tends to cite for this lack, but no small amount of blame falls on the fact that she is not a very social creature. Also, she's been away from Midgard for quite some time. It's not an impossible venture, however, and she tends to be more cordial with beings who are intelligent and sensible, though it can be argued that she has a soft spot for complete and total goofballs, given the personality of her mate.

At present, Muninn has very few friends indeed, for she has spent the last few centuries in Asgard instead of traversing the human world. As such, her circle of acquaintances does not extend very far beyond the Norse pantheon and perhaps a few individuals that she knew before Odin withdrew her from Midgard.

ENEMIES: Like friends, enemies are not something Muninn has accrued in great numbers. In fact, they are a thing she actively avoids trying to make, for she is very aware of the fact that she is physically weak and not very capable of defending herself from any sort of attack. That being said, she is not a truly neutral being and definitely has a distaste for creatures of chaos and strife.

ROMANCE: Muninn is a happily mated raven and, though she seldom shows it, deeply loves Huginn. And, unlike her mate, she is not the sort to be flirty and will rebuff any romantic attentions directed at her...presuming she even recognizes them as such. She can be quite oblivious to such matters, after all.

| |
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: May 4 2018, 01:18 AM
Unknown • Egyptian Deity • Equilibrium • Egypt/Duat

Bird pals: I kind of imagine that these two might get along? Overall, Thoth has the sort of demeanor that seems like it would mesh well with hers, as intelligent and sensible are a relatively good way to describe him. However, the two are somewhat similar as Thoth's entire role as a deity is to be a hands on observer [in that he rarely takes sides, but keeps equilibrium by meddling]. Moreover, there is a chance that the two have met in the past since Thoth is ridiculously old- though I imagine that he likes to keep people guessing in regards to his age; makes the fact that he is probably older than most of those around him less awkward- and two of his biggest roles (he has a lot tbh; he is a busy deity) are as the Scribe of the [Egyptian] Gods and the Heart and Tongue of Ra. Sooooo, the two could have crossed paths for several reasons, particularly since Thoth is one of the Egyptian Gods whose influence who became heavily popular within Ancient Greece.

also they are both birds so there is that

@ASGARD
PM
^
☥ MUNINN
 Posted: May 4 2018, 01:51 AM

Thoth & Muninn

Muninn would not be so thrilled with Thoth's tendency to meddle, but she would definitely appreciate a fellow observer. And intelligent company is always welcome, if sometimes only in small doses. She wouldn't be at all phased by how old he is, just accepting the fact that he is older than she is. Though, she might be inclined to pick his brain about the before times prior to her existence.

Or, yeah, just birds doing bird things XD

@MOMO
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: May 4 2018, 02:16 AM

Hmm, I wouldn't say Thoth has a habit for meddling. If anything, he is more of an overworked librarian who has pretty much turned knowledge into his life. Rather, he only tends to meddle in regards to the balance of good and evil. I tend to keep to a fair amount of his mythology in regards to that, but basically he prevents good and evil as having unfair advantages over each other and thus keeping the two balanced. I only call it meddling because the manner in which he's depicted in doing this normally involves him switching between sides but never allying with either (i.e. he'll heal people from both sides of a conflict, but will never actually fight within the conflict). Outside of that, he normally tends to come off more as helpful...though not foolishly so since he prefers to avoid having enemies.

If Muninn disapproved of his methods, he'd probably come off as pragmatic about it (he's the Egyptian god of equilibrium and as far as he's concerned it is the more efficient method to keeping equilibrium than, say, conversation). However, he would probably come off as unusually understanding and completely unoffended (mostly because he's used to the occasional person considering him manipulative or the like).

Outside of that, it does sound like they would get along for the most part :3 Thoth would definitely entertain any curiosity about the time before Muninn (though that would be a rather long period of time since Thoth came to be at the beginning of time).

@ASGARD
PM
^
☥ MUNINN
 Posted: May 14 2018, 04:41 AM

Muninn is the sort that isn't going to call Thoth out on his interfering, per se, but she will silently judge the hell out of him. Like, doesn't he know that staying out of it is the most prudent way to not get maimed or killed? Or, alternatively, she will inquire into why he takes such a risk. But, either way, she will probably be reasonably satisfied with whatever reason or justification or explanation he gives and just leave it as a 'you do you' situation. Just so long as he doesn't do anything that puts her at immediate risk. She doesn't like getting hurt and the last time she interfered in the affairs of Midgardians, she got grounded. Was not fun.

But yeah, these two could be really neat to play off each other. I dub their friendship..."Bird Brains".

@MOMO
PM
^
♔ CARMA
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:44 PM
??? • Canadian • Feels • The snowy place

Observer Friends
So Charles is an observer too, being his neutral self, and has dealings with various deities, thus I'd imagine he's familiar with her role to Odin? They could be an interesting pair. Imagine what they could talk about. Is there any major focus of Munin's observing, or is she just a general observer to Odin? Charles is an observer to the war trying to maintain balance so we could have them compare notes and such.

Observer Animal Friends:
I offer to you a peaceful pacifist tiger for your raven woman. Tbh I kinda like this idea of them meeting...cat and bird is hilarious, and I imagine Byakko may have some slight "cat-like" reactions to her in feeling superior - ie, the hunter - but overall I think they could be an interesting duo.

Wolfmann & Munin:
This could actually be very interesting....in particular if he found out about her memory powers. To put it in a few words, "Wolfmann" lost all of his memories piror to being captured by magic hunters and taken to a Bad Experimentation Place called Hoffenheim. He managed to escape from the specific facility, but Hoffenheim has other areas of operation and Wolfmann just wants to put a stop to it so no one else has to suffer. If Munin has seen any activity of "mosnter hunters" and their types, Wolfmann might want to make use of that - if she would be willing, of course.

This would probably also be an easier interaction to set up because Wolfmann is a huge extrovert where Charles and Byakko are more introverted XD But on the other hand Charles would probably have a pre-established relationship and all that jazz.

WATCHU THINK @ASGARD
PM
^
☥ MUNINN
 Posted: May 14 2018, 08:37 PM

@CARMA

With both Charles and Byakko, I think it's entirely possible for Muninn to have encountered them at some point in her life, though it would have been long ago in the days of yore. Or, possibly, more recently with Charles, given that he is a god-type being and if he were ever in the Asgard neighborhood. On paper, Muninn is supposed to be more of a general observer, with the purpose of recording and relaying significant events back to Odin, but on a more personal level, she has a keen interest in the workings of the war and what's happening on that front.

I think she would be innately nervous with Byakko, just because of the whole cat/bird dynamic, but given that ravens are scavenging birds, she wouldn't be super unnerved. And, given that they are both more than mere animals, I think it would be pretty easy, on Muninn's part at the very least, to rise above her baser instincts and connect with Byakko on that intellectual level.

With Wolfmann, it would probably be easy for Muninn to make a connection with him. Or at least, easier than it would be for her to connect with others, if only because wolves and ravens are symbiotic in nature to begin with. Again, the scavenging thing (ravens alert wolves to where prey is, knowing they'll get some of the spoils). Wolfmann being extroverted might take some acclimating on Muninn's part, just because she's very emotionally reserved herself, but she has been known to warm up to extroverted personalities (coughHuginncough). And, though she'd probably be hesitant at first, she would eventually be willing to use her ability to impart any knowledge she might have on the matter to Wolfmann...once they are friendos, that is.
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: May 15 2018, 08:33 PM

I can see Thoth being....high-key amused by such judgement simply for why it exists? Aside from the fact that Thoth is the wisest deity in his pantheon- to the extent that the Greeks pretty much adopted him and expanded exactly how far that wisdom goes- he is also, on paper, among the more powerful deities within his pantheon as well, capable of even standing toe to toe with Ra in the right circumstances [and the myth I based him off of, origin wise, he is a creator deity as well as it claims that he came to be at the beginning of time and started the beginning of creation]. He'd probably find someone potentially thinking that "but you could get hurt???" very funny as a result.

YASSS. Any idea of how they could cross paths? Thoth tends to travel a lot for various reasons and the immortal war is something that is meant to be catching his attention because of job reasons. So, chances are that they could meet for various reasons.

@ASGARD
PM
^
♔ CARMA
 Posted: May 16 2018, 12:51 AM
??? • Canadian • Feels • The snowy place

@ASGARD

It's sounding like things with both Byakko and Charles are pretty well figured in that they probably have a past relationship already established. I imagine things with Charles are probably better off than Byakko - Charles is much more humble and polite, while Byakko can be rather blunt and also does view herself as superior, regardless of what creature you are, even a human or lesser deity. XD I can see things with those two being very loosely catty but overall respectful.

Scenario-wise I would imagine Charles might actually want to meet with her - knowing she's interested in the war just like he is while also playing an "eyes and ears" role; Byakko on the other hand would probably more of a "chance encounter....oh it's you" kinda thing.

As for Wolf: While their interaction in the icc was pretty brief, I do think it was pretty decent? He totally would've given her a whole sandwich if she wanted. ^_^ But, they could probably get along. Tbh while Wolf's an extrovert, he's actually faking his emotions....deep down he really struggles with emotions in the first place so he just smiles for everyone. So in that sense he could actually understand her, being more of an emotionally distant type.

I think an encounter with Wolf would probably be sort of like Byakko in the "chance encounter" way...but it could be cute if we wanted it to be because this guy loves outdoorsy picnics and sharing and yeah. Food sharer here.

Do you have any more of a preference toward a certain plot? :o
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.