Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Metal Birds, open
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Aug 1 2016, 12:29 AM
558 • Former Human • Compassion • France

pheromones
i'm just falling for your

Normally, traveling was an easy prospect for Esmeralda. She could use the wind to help her travel miles, going distances that would have normally required a car. However, as she was not entirely well practiced with her powers, she often had to take breaks, stopping from place to place before she would finally come to her true destination. This was not an actual loss. She covered more ground as she did this.

However, today she found herself far from the mood to actually travel through such a method. Her mood has seemed to worsen as time had passed on. As such, she had found herself going to an airport, planning to travel by more mortal means. She only knew of the method vaguely, aware that mortals had come up with the technology that allowed them to cross seas with methods far quicker than a boat. However, she had never flown in one. As such, the young woman found herself without an idea as to what she should expect.

With no destination in mind, she dallied. Getting through was not difficult. There seemed to be very few that could see her and those that could undoubtedly pushed away her existence as a trick of the eye, what with those around them incapable of seeing her. As such, she passed through security and to the inner part quite quickly. Time passed even slower as she had ended up helping a young child find her parents, guiding her through illusions to her gate before it was about to close, the worried parents not yet on the plane, thankfully. Leaving, she went drifting through the airport, looking for a plane that would soon be leaving. Perhaps she would find a good place to go.

© darren criss
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 10:31 PM
18 • Human • Knowledge • NYU

Alexei had to always use airports in his youth jumping from England to Russia and now at his new age America was thrown into the mix. A benefit he had was the ability to pack the essentials into a small volume. He wheeled his suitcase through the airport waiting for the tedious process of going through airport security. He signed as they were so meticulous now that that making an international flight just seemed to take a whole day of planning. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a girl who just seemed to walk pass the checkpoints. He couldn’t ponder on it anymore as he was ushered forward to the metal detector.

His mind was now on the gamble that he could get some of his ingredients through security. It was always dicey with new things added to the list what one could and couldn’t bring. Green and blue potions where easy enough to smuggle pass security because they looked so identical to the real contents of a Listerine bottle no one questioned it. He proceeded looking at his phone, he was making excellent time. It would seem there would be a bit of a wait before his plane boarded though, so he would have enough time to charge his phone a bit before departing. He had a few books in his satchel he could thumb through before setting.

Alexei sat down with his back to the wall and his phone in his lap. He pulled out a book and began to read it. His eyes skimmed it until he saw that woman again. She looked to be wondering without direction, or at least that’s how he took her demeanor. He closed his book and asked. “Which gate are you trying to look for?” He had time on the plane ride to read his book. He didn’t want her to miss her flight if she was a lost person on a long layover.

@ESMERALDA
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Aug 11 2016, 01:22 AM

pheromones

Esmeralda found herself pulled out of her thoughts as someone spoke up. While no one was quite in front of her, there was a young man near her. Blinking owlishly at him, she glanced about him, as if looking to see who he was addressing, only to realize exactly who he was looking. Oh...well, this was...probably not good, particularly if he was a mortal. After all, she did not exactly have a 'gate'...or too much knowledge about how this was all done.

Biting her lip, she considered whether to tell the truth. However, she was rather unsure how well 'I'm getting on a plane for free because the average person can't see me' would be received. "I'm not really looking for one," she said, shrugging her shoulders. Absently, her gaze shifted to those around them. While she figured nobody else could see her, she'd rather he not be marked...insane for talking to thin air. She turned her gaze back to him. "More looking for someone."

© darren criss
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 01:08 AM

That was an odd answer, but Alexei could sympathize with her. Navigating the gates and looking for people could be a pain in the neck. The airport workers sometimes proved to be unhelpful especially when the terminals started to get busy and the other passengers began to get have less patience for delays and cancelled flights. He was curious where she was going it was a big airport you could be on any other flight at a moment's notice. “If you need any help just ask. I’ve travelled a lot so I know a few tricks to navigating airports when traveling alone.”

Being an unaccompanied minor was sadly a good way to defining his childhood in two words, but he never resented that fact, he was able to travel more and see more than others would have the chance too even as adults. He always liked airports because they also represented potential. You could walk through a gate and be anywhere in a few hours. From the dead of winter to the warmth of the tropics all one nap away. The curiosity was getting the better of him. “Where are you head by any chance?”
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 03:59 AM

pheromones

Esmeralda nodded, offering him a smile in thanks. She supposed asking for help, should it come to her needing it, would not be adverse. After all, flying by plane was something she rarely did; however, for the moment she was sure that she would be fine.

She tilted her head at his question. "Quebec," she said, picking a place off the top of her head. Though, as she thought on it, it would not be too bad to head to that part of North America. She highly doubted that anyone she knew who was unsavory would follow her there. She eyed him curiously. "What of yourself?"

© darren criss
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 10:46 PM

“Quebec sounds like a nice place.” He himself had hoped he could explore Canada a bit when he got to New York. He wondered if he could set a road trip to Toronto with a few of the friends he made in New York City. He would have to wait and see when they had their Labor Day weekend. He was going to like all of the holidays Americans had, he wondered if the Universities gave them those days off as well.

“New York City, New York. It’s a nice city, they are right about it never sleeping. But I’m used to big cities. Lived in London and St. Petersburg basically my whole life.” It was interested that each city had its own feel. Almost as if the spirit of each city had a personality that was indistinguishable from any other place on earth. Their histories played the biggest role. “Business or pleasure.” He asked sounding like an airline worker.

@ESMERALDA
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 12:13 AM

pheromones

She nodded in agreement to his words. "Yes," she said, "I have heard good things about it and I imagine that it will be better than home." Anywhere would likely be better than Paris. After all, she rather doubted that Quebec would burn to the ground due to her presence- or she hoped not anyway. After all, she doubted that she could come across Claude Frollo there. No doubt he had preposterous thoughts about the New World.

She tilted her head at his words, curious. "Is that so?" she said. She did not recall having gone there very much. Perhaps she should try visiting the area a bit more. After all, she did like big cities far more than small cities. She could not quite call it a charm, but they were far more enjoyable to be in. " A bit of both, I suppose." After all, she was not only traveling to get away from her troubles but to also do her duties.

Nonetheless, the more Esmeralda talked to the young man, a mortal she presumed, the more guilty she felt. He would probably be better off not doing so. He did not seem to be in any need of her help and her presence would likely end with him getting dragged off, someone questioning his sanity. After all, mortals did not take well to people who talked to themselves.

Clearing her throat, she considered how to approach the subject. "Ah, you probably should not speak to me," she stated hesitantly, "You see..." She trailed off, her gaze shifting away from him and to their surroundings for a moment. It flickered back. "You probably look like you are talking to thin air?"

© darren criss

@GENGAR
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 02:34 AM

Alexei himself wasn’t sure what to call his trip to America, it was technically solely for schooling something his family kept reminding him, however, Alexei saw this as a chance to see more of the world. He had never been to the States his family as adventurous as they were, always opted for frugality with things they considered luxuries. The fact that he got to go a school overseas only allowed because it was for his academics. Of course if his grades were to slip, then they would transfer him back to the UK with the quickness.

“Seems like fun in any case.” Alexei answered back. Glancing side to side as she was, wondering what was her sudden apprehension. “What…?” he paused a moment casually looking to the side as not cause more of a scene. He could notice a few passersby giving him the weirdest looks as they continued to his gate. His eyes leveled with hers, not so much shocked that she was invisible to others, but by the fact that she looked so normal. There wasn’t anything fantastical about her to the naked his, well Alexei’s eye. “You are one of those.” He didn’t know how else to phrase, the things he had saw some of them were writing down in the books he read, others were completely unique. They all had their own unique gifts and stories. Alexei leaned against the wall and had one ear bud in his ear, while holding his phone. “We can talk, people will think I am on a call or something.” It was hard to just leave it when one of these people just walks into your life. “If you don’t mind me asking, who or what are you?”
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 02:57 AM

pheromones

The young man did not seem to be particularly surprised by the fact that she was not particularly normal. Considering how he replied, she got the feeling that this was something that had happened on more than one occasion. Perhaps he was a rather large believer who had let to tell the difference between those who were magical and those who were not? Though, she was not exactly sure if that was the case considering he had referred to her as a that. What exactly did that mean? Someone not human? A different species? She supposed she might find out.

"I suppose," she said, her expression neutral. After all, human was no longer the best term for her. Though, she was not particularly sure what was anymore outside of a Guardian. She tilted her head at his claim before slowly nodding. "Very well."

Ah, but how to explain? "I don't believe I have introduced myself," she started. This seemed like the best place to start. While she knew that only some young children would know of her name, if only due to entertainment, but there was a higher chance he might know of her considering that there was the...book, though she could not claim to know if it was popular or not. "I am Esmeralda." She placed a finger to her chin, considering the latter. "As for what I am...well, I was once human, but now...I suppose Guardian would be the best term."

© darren criss

@GENGAR
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Sep 14 2016, 03:10 AM

There were a few things buzzing through his head at the moment he looked over Esmeralda for a moment connecting her to the work by Victor Hugo before thinking back to the cartoon Disney that downplayed all of the dark elements and the deep parts. He just laughed, he was beside himself that story couldn’t be real. The unabridged version he had read in high school was rather dark and brutal. “You have a name like that character from the book and Disney movie.” He looked down and started to adjust a few things in his bags. Listening to her as she continued. He stopped a moment and looked at her trying to figure out what she meant by that.

“Like a guardian angel?” He asked quizzically, it would explain why regular humans couldn’t see her, but then again he would assume she would have the trumpet, wings, and the halo. Well if the typical depictions if the guardian angels were right, but now he wasn’t too sure. Though he was also wondering if she was like a type of ghost he had read about either way this was much more interesting than what else the airport had to offer.
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Sep 14 2016, 07:25 AM

pheromones

Esmeralda's lips curved downwards at the mention of a book and movie. She did know of the book he was referring to, having witnessed its original publication. However, she did not entirely know which movie he was speaking of. Disney was a fairly familiar name, one she had heard dropped many times by humans, but she had never heard one presumably named after the book. Was there a movie based on it? Possibly more than one? That might explain why occasionally some children could see her.

"Yes," she said, nodding, "It is fairly accurate considering when it was published." She did wonder if the author of it had encountered anyone who was related to it or had not quite been human himself. Alas, these were questions she was long incapable of asking.

Her expression scrunched up at the mention of being a guardian angel. While she had never met one, she was sure that however an angel looked she was not one. After all, she would have at least have to have met God first, yes? Though, she was not sure if guardian angels would have originally been human. Such an idea was peculiar.

"Not exactly." How could she explain this? Ignorance was a terrible thing, but she was not sure if he would be better off knowing of the war. Then again, perhaps he could already see such things, but did not realize their meanings? This seemed to be a possibility since he was striking her as someone not quite...normal. After all, his words were formed as if he did not believe in her, but he could clearly see her. "But I suppose the idea is similar." Absently, she twiddled her thumbs, searching for words. She supposed...he at least had a right to know. Ignorance could be just as dangerous as possessing knowledge. "I am someone who tries to protect...childhood- children. Though that is not to say I do not try helping others."

© darren criss

@GENGAR
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 11:32 PM

The gears in Alexei’s head was going, was she meaning that the Esmeralda in both of those mediums is the based on her? That had to be impossible, well not impossible, he had seen and done strange things, but the aspect of having a fictional character who should have died ages ago standing in front of him at a random airport seemed insane. Though she pointed out earlier that he could see her, from the looks of some people he could tell she was telling the truth, even if it was so fantastical. “Wow…that’s…” he didn’t know how to finish that sentence the book was dark and the movie was dark. She had a touch life, but the character was lively and living, that makes it cool. He just decided to stop the sentence there and move on.

“A protector of childhood, what does that mean exactly? I am not sure what that entails.” If that meant she was protecting children, he was interested in what she was protecting them from. If he could see her then that meant he could potentially see her enemies too.
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 02:40 AM

pheromones

The boy's expression slowly changed. It was clear that things were slowly adding up for him. No doubt due to his age he was beginning to realize some, if not all, of the implications to her existence. After all, if a person who was meant to be a fictional character from a novel existed who else could exist? Her thought process seemed to have been confirmed when he was incapable of finishing his sentence.

Instead, he switched subjects, moving onto what she had said about herself. A frown came to Esmeralda's face. His question was not an easy one to answer. She knew how it sounded, but she was not entirely sure if the title itself was a simple enough explanation.

"Overall, I suppose you could say that the title means what it says," she finally said, "I...and those like me- Guardians- seek to protect children through positive values. Everyone does it in their own way. I do it through compassion."

© darren criss

@GENGAR
PM
^
❂ ALEXEI PENDLETON
 Posted: Dec 15 2016, 10:57 PM

“That’s good to hear for the children of the world. How are you able to protect them?” He didn’t want to stereotype but she had the build of most young adult women, and look normal as most humans, save for the fact that she is not visible to others in the airport aside from him. It was possible that she like him, but he didn't want to jump to that conclusion just yet.

There was something protecting them from the bogeyman, Little did Alexei know that his entiment was a real danger. He was eager to hear the answer most normal people would have shied away from most topics. It would have been smart not to engage the invisible woman, just pretend to never have saw or never have asked her about her enemy, but Alexei couldn’t just walk away. “I have to ask, who are you protecting them from?”

@MOMO
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Dec 16 2016, 02:08 AM

pheromones

It was mildly surprising that he did not react poorly to her answer, but then she supposed she should have expected it from someone who could see her for...some reason. She was not entirely sure if it was due to belief, considering his reaction to her name. However, he did appear to be human. Then again, she did not understand belief too well. Despite her many centuries, it all felt relatively new to her. "Magic," she said, the words coming out a lot more hesitant than she had meant for them to, "Most people can't see me, but my...abilities can affect a fair amount of those who would like to bring harm to them." Of course, exactly how large that number was she had yet to learn. Thus far, she had yet to interact with many villainous sort. She most just had to worry about the children themselves. "Or help those who need it, if I can."

She found herself hesitant as the conversation drifted to the enemies of Guardians. She was not sure if she should tell the human that. Chances were that knowing might cause him more problems than ignorance. If she were lucky, he would not believe her- after all, how many young adults believed in the boogeyman?- but she was not sure that would be enough.

"I suppose it is a broad answer, overall," she said, "There are plenty of those who would be happy to see people- children- hurt or to take advantage of them in such ways." She had heard more than one story like that as a human. Now, she was not sure what was true and what was not. Chances were that it was something she should find out. "The main one is the...Nightmare King- Boogeyman, if you will- nasty sort, really."

© darren criss

@GENGAR
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.