Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Oh How Things Have Changed, Tag: Pitch Black
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: May 31 2017, 12:55 AM
Unknown • Nightmare King • Fear • N/A

Yo he got a space maybe
It was relieving, he supposed, that the other could fend for his own equipment; that much was at least pleasing. The less work that he - or any of the other Anti-Guardians - had to do...well, the better. He much preferred a team that was able to operate on an autonomous level as well as one that could function as a team; that the Nightmare Man could provide for himself was especially to their favour, given his line of work. Not just any member of their cause would be able to assist him; the Scorpii perhaps, and a handful of others, but they numbered few.

He would certainly be interested to know just how he hoped to manage his work on Earth; the technology was...certainly lacking compared to the age of stars and the technological fruits it bore. Improvisation would be key; though the Nightmare King himself was tragically uneducated in the potionmaking arts, so perhaps that Dalit was able to function on his own was doubly beneficial. He quirked a brow as he asked about ‘miss scientist’, his lips curling to a smirk. ”....Well, I would advise asking her personally. I could say yes, but I would only be guessing.” Though he had a feeling it would be perfectly allowed. She was a social sort, a sharing sort, she would likely be willing to lend her utilities to someone who was….proficient with them.

Ah, but that final question….in so few words, he had asked quite a bit now. What did he have planned….?

He paused mid-step, glancing back toward the other with a….more of a distant gaze. ”Trace whispers tell that the Man in the Moon is orchestrating something. A….boost of morale for the poor, poor Guardians, worn and weary.” He made a dramatic flair, pouting his lips and putting a hand to his chest in sorrow. ”And their friends. Unfortunately those friends seem to be somewhat loose-lipped. I want to know what the little king is up to. This is irregular, in all his time overseeing the Guardians he’s never once held any sort of event. So, I would like to know.” He had a wonderful array of Anti-Guardians who were rather skilled at….disguising themselves and otherwise keeping their motives quite hidden. The Guardians did not know who all their enemies were - it wouldn’t be hard to venture in, behave like them, and learn. ”...Though I imagine you’re more curious to long-term goals, yes? I have a few schemes in mind to turn the trust of the children away from the Guardians….” He paused, chuckling. ”...though I’ll not get into details; that’s to wait until I’ve had time to confer with a few...close friends on the matter. For time constraints and estimates, you understand.”

He did wonder if the answer would suffice; the latter was…..painfully vague, he realized.
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 12:51 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Taer nodded at Pitch's answer. He should have known he'd say that. Part of him had been hopin Pitch would have gone and asked for him, but that was a long shot to begin with. He just weren't too sure how well he'd like this scientist lady. Though, he weren't too sure how he'd like anyone for that matter. He'd just do what he had to to get what he needed.

He did have to stop himself from rolling his eyes at Pitch though. This guy had to have been apart of theatre at some point in time in his life. Before he ended up in the war. There was no way he hadn't been. Normal people just didn't do the same over the top, dramatic bullshit like he did. Not under normal circumstances and not while talkin business with an underling. And secondly, what kind of vague answer was that? A few schemes? Time restraints and estimates? He didn't actually care about party or whatever Pitch was going to have his people crash. That didn't concern him, specially seein as sneakin around wasn't exactly his forte. But the future plans? The stuff he actually wanted and would probably need to know and that was the answer he got? A'ight. Fine. Go ahead. Pitch was the boss after all. If he didn't want to tell his employee what was goin on then fine. Weren't his call to make.

"Of course." Taer managed to keep most of his annoyance out of his voice. Not all of it but enough that he wouldn't sound just downright offended. Mildly miffed at most.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 06:05 PM

He can tell you're salty
This one was going to be troublesome, but then, a fair number of them were. The Nightmare King wasn’t especially bothered by it - at least not to a degree that he let it become a pain. He had long accepted that most of his….allies were quite against the notion of “working together”. He’d had to compromise with a number of them, though usually there was at least someone they were willing to work with. They operated like small “squads” - those who could work together formed an operation. That of course wasn’t counting any time they organized a strike - all Anti-Guardians participated, regardless of their “groups”. But for subtler work he liked to….pair them off into their little groups. He was hoping that Taer would grow to like the Scorpii scientist. Put together they could very probably make incredibly useful tools and concoctions for the Anti-Guardians.

He could hear the annoyance ever so subtly on the Nightmare Man’s voice, and smiled. ”I don’t make a habit of telling all my plans to everyone. If, for example, you were to be captured and held prisoner, you can only reveal as much as you know. It’s compartmentalization. For the moment, until I have a better grasp on your proficiency, I can’t go about telling you all my secrets. It’s something you have to earn.” He could think of a couple places where he would fit in though.
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 04:31 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

As hard as it was, Taer somehow managed to keep his face blank. It weren't that Pitch was bein cautious that irritated him. It was that it was him he was bein cautious with. He was a Nightmare Man for star's sake. And while once upon a time, that wouldn't have meant much, judgin by the severe lack of Nightmare Men here, things had changed. Out of everyone who Pitch had allied himself with, he was probably one of the least likely to turn on him.

"Of course. Makes sense." He didn't put any inflection into his voice. Pitch already knew how annoyed he was. He weren't gonna add anythin to it. But what was really rubbin him the wrong way was this doubtin him thing. He was the best potionmaker this side of the galaxy. And Pitch doubtin him just make him want to get to work even more. He was gonna make sure Pitch feel downright stupid for doubtin him at all.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 11:01 PM

Ugh if you need me to add more ask yo. I just derpled all over this one
The contrast would almost be amusing, if it wasn’t so….aggravating for the moment. Exhibit one, Pitch Black; he was well aware that he talked much more than necessary, even more aware that he was a drama king. His attitude was vocalised. But this creature, his shade…he was another story, he was the opposite; few words spoken, but he gave off such a perturbed atmosphere all the same. It was bothersome, but hopefully it would not last long; he simply needed to see his work in practise, so that he could better assess a role for him. He wasn’t about to entrust large duties to just any Nightmare Man who showed his lovely face; he needed the proof.

”In that case, let us hasten our pace, no? I’m sure you’re dying to start. Your agitation is palpable.” It wasn’t so much a matter of detecting emotions; he was only truly adept at detecting fear and its cousins. No, there was just an electric sharpness about his body language and tone combined. Best to get him moving. ”We haven’t far to go now. You’ll know it when you see it.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 10:58 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Taer just shrugged. He was happy to move on from this. They'd been on it for too long. And, while he was sure that Pitch didn't mean it, he actually did want to get to work. He missed havin his hands in somethin. And especially after comin to a new planet, he really wanted to get to work. He'd managed to survey some of the plants and animals on this planet and there was plenty for him to get into. More than plenty. It would take him months to go through all of it. It was excitin. He always loved the prospect of new potions and the possibilities that came with it. Hopefully he could come up with replacements for the stuff lost during the Golden Age. Doubted there'd be anything like to make up for stardust or black hole essence but the other stuff was much more doable. And he'd always had a knack for finding replacements for ingredients.

Until Pitch let him loose though, he would just have to wait. Fortunately, he was plenty patient. For now, he was content with lettin Pitch lead him where ever they were goin. Hopefully, it'd be good enough for him to do what he needed to without havin to change too much stuff. The sooner he could get to work the better.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 10:18 PM

We could either end thread here and start new one or just continue and I'll swap out to Bad Scientist
Silence between them….while it wasn’t unexpected, it was surprisingly relaxing. The Nightmare King found he could enjoy the other’s company more in silence. With time, and results, he would be more inclined to listen to the words the other had to speak; he simply needed to be..caught up on the way the world operated, and on how his operation functioned. That was, after all, the most important distinction. It was his force. And while Taer may have suggestions….and oh, he loved suggestions…the final say came down to him and him alone.

It didn’t take them long to reach the retrofitted vessel Tiberius had turned into her lab; it looked worn on the outside – clean, but old; there were parts of the rear hull where plates were precariously connected or outright missing, and one of the bulkheads had been removed entirely, but on the whole she kept it clean, outside and in. Pitch approached – and as they drew nearer, he slowed, looking for….ah, there. On the right-hand side of the entrance door, there was a perfectly flat white panel. He placed his hand over it, allowing it to read his print. A second panel slid aside, revealing a number code; the numbers randomized their order, a trick to keep anyone from determining the password based on the frequency each individual button was pressed. It was a standard four-digit code…but finally it was done. There was a brief flash of bluish light around the ship – the shielding array had gone down – and the doors opened. Pitch turned toward Taer and nodded.

”I’ll take you inside if you wish; but, if not, I’ll gather Tiberius and you two can….discuss your matters. She’ll have been notified of our presence when the shields went down.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.