Add Reply
New Poll

Painkiller, tag Roman
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 04:48 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Africa was a place that Snow often found herself. As many parts of it were often torn by war, the angel' duties often called her to the continent to heal and protect many of the unaware humans. It was a difficult job, particularly because she was quite sure not many Guardians often made their way to the continent for one reason or another. However, she had always been adamant, as long as she held wings, to help as many people as she could. If this meant crossing oceans, then she would not be stopped.

She found herself in a familiar scene. Morocco, a place that was often torn by war, was still cast into as much chaos as it had been a mere decade ago. Overall, she was not too surprised. The continent, as a whole, had yet to catch up and was still third world.

Carefully, she landed amidst a swam of people. Frowning, the angel quickly began moving through the crowd, carelessly moving through people. She needed to get to the hospital and quickly.

words: many
outfit: n/a
tag: Roman
notes: ...

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 06:20 PM
~100+ • Cursed Human • Pacifism • Wanderer

TAGGING: SNOW WHITE
NOTES: Time for some doctoring
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM?
Roman, more and more it seemed, had been coming to the African continent. It was a new, fresh experience, and in that way, it was exciting. The food always smelled lovely, and though he could not eat it, he would have desperately wanted to if his malformed body would let him. He contented himself with the culture though, the artistry, the craftsmanship, the history. It was fascinating, but altogether Roman didn't have much time for sight seeing. There was work to be done and work would take priority.

The streets were crowded and people who did not have enough money still were quite malnourished and often sickly. The hospital in this area, though more modern than some, was still lacking in basic medicine and sometimes even sanitary practices... it was something of a struggle, but not the worst conditions Roman had ever worked in. This was his second day there, the first day was mostly convincing people that no, he was not a witch doctor and no, he would not make them eat parts of lizards and things like that. There had recently been a small attack, no more than a few days prior to Roman arriving, and though he was no surgeon, he was able to help the patients convalesce, clean wounds, stop bleeding, work on smaller cases of illnesses and such. It was small, but it saved the other doctors time, and so in spite of his strange appearance, Roman had been allowed to stay on temporarily.

Getting to work however, was not always the easiest thing. People would look at him and often get out of his way, but the general crowding made things a bit awkward. He eventually made it to the local hospital and went through an employee entrance--some newer people often found him suspicious, but there was no one around today. There was a listing of charts where it showed which patients still needed to be attended to--there was a young woman who had a lacerated eye and an older one who had a concussion... both probably needed attention. He spoke in his passable French to the nurse at the front desk that he would go to the older woman now, but would hurry to the younger woman soon... hopefully he would be quick... or perhaps there would be someone else? Though with the low staffing, it seemed like it was not to be.

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL BELONG?
PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 07:16 PM

wild side
It took some time, but Snow eventually made herself to the local hospital. It was one of the few times that she found herself glad that she was surrounded by people who had likely never had never heard of her name or any version of it. To her knowledge, the stories that tended to circulate throughout Africa were not as pleasant as that of a young girl being abandoned. Of course, this was probably understandable. Certain parts were still superstitious and with places such as Morocco being torn by war so often, the people would likely hold to either darker beliefs or ones of hope.

Snow White had no place here except as the unseen protector that her true figure, Margaretha von Waldeck, was.

Walking into the hospital, her gaze came to a listing of charts. For the most part, nothing looked to be beyond her skills. However, the Archangel found herself inclined to disbelieve what she was reading to an extent. Considering that this hospital would not have the best of medical supplies, there was a chance that they might have given up on people they thought might end up dying. Whether they would put these people on a chart, she could not know. Everyone always insisted upon working differently, after all.

Carefully, she passed by the front desk, planning to make her way to the worse off patients she had seen upon the list, unknowing that there was someone who could see her.

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 02:41 AM

TAGGING: SNOW WHITE
Roman had just finished up with the older woman, and was coming back to check the other charts and see if there were other pressing cases. He was a bit nervous that more would come in and some of the other, more sensitive cases or less well-off patients would be pushed aside. Poor hospitals like this, no matter how much they wanted to be fair, often did put those who could pay more ahead of those who were disadvantaged or where they thought medicine would be misused. Occasionally it was easier to let someone die comfortably than to make them suffer and have them pass on regardless.

Even so, it was something that Roman tried to help with—he had his own small apothecary, with ancient potions and potives that could do what modern medicine couldn’t do at times. He was shuffling through the pouches on his hip a bit when he looked up and caught a glimpse of a woman out of the corner of his good eye. Had she been on his bad side before that he hadn’t seen her? He paused for a moment, racking his brain to see if he had seen her before. Perhaps he needed a second look. His eyes weren’t the best anymore.

The doctor followed the woman, and she came into view once again—she definitely wasn’t someone he had seen before, and certainly wasn’t a local, as far as he could tell. He moved quickly, though not close enough to be just behind her. She was heading to the ward where people were more on pain killers rather than actual medicine, people biding their time and trying to pass away more peacefully than to allow themselves to die quickly and in agony. Most of the men and women there were vaguely catatonic, their gazes far away and typically unresponsive. It could be quite upsetting if they were bothered though.

It was for that reason that Roman decided to interfere—no one else seemed to be making any attempts to stop the woman, but perhaps they were too busy—or… well, as he got closer, he could feel the same kind of pin pricks he had when dealing with the supernatural. Was this woman some kind of… spirit? Perhaps she was here to help… or perhaps the opposite was true. He cleared his throat, ”I’m sorry, miss.” He rasped out, ”But may I ask what you are doing? These people… they are not in the best of condition and they need their rest.”

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 03:26 AM

wild side

Snow paused as someone spoke up. It took only a second for her to realize that the individual was speaking to her. Her wings ruffled slightly in an annoyed manner before she turned her attention to the source of the voice. The source of it was both a familiar and peculiar one. She recognized the figure of a plague doctor, remembering them well from the seventeenth century. However, it was rather odd to see one in the twenty-first century, especially in Africa of all place.

She blinked, focusing on the question instead of the man's appearance. "Healing," she said with pursed lips, "Such is my vocation." It was a peculiar thing to speak about. She could hardly recall the last time that she had had to tell someone about her being a healer.

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 04:58 AM

TAGGING:  SNOW WHITE
Roman paused—the woman honestly seemed surprised that he was speaking to her… that was… odd, to say the least, but Roman was certain that someone couldn’t just waltz into the hospital without having any kinds of checks—she seemed perfectly lovely but what if she did have ill intent of kind? He was about to say something when he saw something twitch. A… a wing? Now that he was looking a bit more carefully, it seemed like that the woman indeed had… wings. An angel, perhaps, then. It seemed altogether strange that a servant of the Almighty would be here unless it was to take the souls of some poor creature.

The angel seemed to regard him much in the same manner he was regarding her—that is, with a bit of disbelief. Even so, she spoke out first. ”Healing?” He echoed. So, perhaps she was here to create a miracle then? If she was not an angel of death, and rather she sought to heal, then… well, if this was not some kind of deceit, the doctor supposed she would be able to do great things, perhaps save many lives here. He cleared his throat a bit, ”Ah… yes… ah…” He stumbled over his words for a moment but seemed to regain his thoughts quickly enough, ”My apologies for being presumptuous. I… I trust you are here to look at ones that perhaps would not be saved by conventional means?” He looked at his hands a bit, ”If you have not already chosen a patient, there are… a few I know of that could use a… well, a miracle, if you would.”

The doctor hummed again and seemed a bit hesitant, but spoke again, ”I mean… I should not presume to know who you are here for. It must be…ah…” Ah, he was rambling, probably wasting the good woman’s time! He cleared his throat once again, ”Is there… something I could assist with? I mean to say, ah, that perhaps I could let you know where any supplies are or... or perhaps the location a particular patient?”

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 22 2017, 06:05 AM

wild side
It took a moment, but the man seemed to realize her purpose. With veiled amusement she watched and listened as he rambled. It was somewhat...refreshing, she supposed. She had been keeping too much company with people who were too sure of themselves and some of whom did not even begin to know the depths of how deep her own troubles went. The particularly bitter part of her found herself reminded of Caerwyn. The two did not seem to see each other often anymore, much to her annoyance, but her fellow former angel had always been a rambler for as long as she could recall.

She smiled at the doctor, as she presumed him to be from his appearance, a rare softness coming to her features. "I was mainly going to tend to those that I believed the hospital would be unable to," she explained, "And as many as are within my ability."

An interested gleam did entered her eye at his offer, though she did tilt her head at the offer of his supplies. She doubted that she would need them and, considering that it was becoming clear that he was some sort of healer or doctor, she was not entirely sure she would know how to use much of it. While she had knowledge of non-magical healing, a lot of her methods were basic. What she truly knew in that area was the theory. "There is no need to apologize. I would be more than happy to hear of any anyone you know of within the hospital who you think needs help and their location."

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 06:10 AM

TAGGING:  SNOW WHITE
The doctor tried to be a bit more confident—the lady probably wouldn’t want to be helped by some doddering old man who couldn’t even get out a sentence without hemming and hawing. He was a touch relieved when he saw a smile grace her lips—and the way she spoke was gentle enough that he thought that perhaps the angel wasn’t really so offended by his strange way of dress and speaking. But then again, he supposed that a being of true divinity would have that outlook—angels were meant to be kind and gracious, were they not? Her purpose here certainly seemed to be so. And if she were to tend those that would normally not be saved by the medicine they had available to them here… perhaps she had something that was stronger than just mortal remedies could offer. ”You have a… divine power?” He asked meekly, ”Certainly, I think there would be those here that could use that kind of treatment.”

He wondered if the lady would actually need the supplies he offered then, but more importantly, he could guide her to those who needed the most help. ”Of course.” He said, eager to travel off to where they could be most of use, ”Please follow me.” He said, and made his way down a hallway to the right. They were getting nearer to the outer edges of the hospital, places that hadn’t quite been remodeled and had a bit of a shabbier look to them. ”My name is Dr. T.N. Roman---at your service, miss.” He said, ”I’ve only been at this hospital for a little while, but the need is great here—it isn’t funded as well as other more major hospitals… the staff and supplies are rather low.”

He turned into a room where a handful of patients had been put into one room with only a few curtains to give them a bit of privacy. There were mostly adults here, though a couple of younger teens and children were among them, ten people in all. ”There was a chemical attack about four days ago. These are some of the survivors, though there isn’t enough medicine to have them pull through, they think. They’re on pain medication as of now, but they are just making them comfortable while they can either get the supplies or until… well…” He was sure the Angel could follow the train of thought there. ”Mostly they are suffering chemical burns over their bodies, though they are also having liver and respiratory problems, particularly in the little ones.” He glanced over to a young boy, probably no older than seven years of age, ”Is there anything I could do to assist you?”

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 09:00 PM

wild side
Snow had always disliked situations such as this. She had always preferred to encourage belief that humans already had, within reason, instead of trying to force new ideas upon them. However, such an idea became difficult when people began to ask about her. When she had still been part of Haven, it had been easier because of the image that others had tended to be similar to others' beliefs. The only thing that was truly difficult was that she constantly found herself reluctant to correct people's ideas about divinity. Her father did not consider himself a deity, as other immortals she had met did, and she knew well enough that he was likely not God. This problem only grew after she had died. She was not a fallen angel. She knew what a fallen angel was. In fact, she doubted there was a word for her, as it was not too common for angels, let alone Archangels, to die.

She tilted her head, considering how to explain. "I am a healer," she said, deciding that it might be best to neither confirm nor deny the other's words. It would be best to let him gather what he would from her words. "Such is my place among the Archangels." She was careful not to give her title, for the title of Archangel of Purity was certainly not hers any longer. However, she was the Guardian of Purity and her duties were quite similar to what they had been then. Perhaps the only difference was that she was no longer expected to protect the souls of the deceased.

"Wounds are merely one thing that I can heal."

Yet whether her powers were miraculous or not...she could not say for certain. There were likely those who did not know and would believe such even if they knew.

She nodded and quietly began to follow him, listening to the doctor as he spoke. "Margaretha," she said, deciding it best to give her real name instead of Snow White. Such a name was not one others tended to expect from an...angel, of all beings. "Call me Margaretha."

What he told her was not too surprising. In fact, she had guessed some of it. The hospital had a poor look about it and there were not too many people walking within its hall, at least in regards to staff, as there would be in major hospitals. She imagined that some of this had to do with its placement. While it was trying to help the injured, it was surrounded by war and she could not be certain if the people within its country could even afford to help the hospital.

They quickly came to a room with a small number of patients. There was a somber aura about the air and it was clear that those within it did not think well for the patients within. Some were likely just waiting to die or, if they were lucky, waiting for help.

Carefully, she listened to Doctor Roman's explanation. Chemical burns would likely be quite easy for her to heal; however, the true problem would lie within the liver and respiratory problems. Depending upon the severity of them, she might be able to either heal them completely or only be able to heal some of it and have to hope that their immune systems could handle the rest.

She nodded her head at his question. "How severe the problems of the ones they think might die? Are their wounds fatal or is it merely a problem that the damage goes beyond what supplies is available to them can help with?"

SKEL
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.