Add Reply
New Poll

Redefining romance, Dork
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: May 5 2018, 08:29 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Couples who were courting had to spend time together, right? That was normal. Like, essential to a relationship, according to both modern and classical standards. Sure, chaperones got lost in the shuffle sometime in the 1930s, but that was no reason to feel awkward about spending time with someone one was... particularly attracted to.

Hat. Basket. Bathing suit.

It wasn't like Virginia had not spent time alone with Douglas in the past. They had talked, sparred, studied, and pursued various activities in each other's company. And then... they also danced, in the Librarium. Virginia was never going to see that library the same way.

But today was going to be a different day. It was a date. Cleverly disguised as a picnic on the beach... on a beach, on an island discreetly placed somewhere in the Caribbean, with no eyes, mortal or otherwise, to spy on a proper lady in her bathing suit. Virginia had a blanket spread out in the shade of some trees in the cool sand, and some food and reading material. She hoped Douglas would find the right beach. There seemed to be many of them to go around.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: May 14 2018, 12:00 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

I get knocked down, but I get up again
Lunch on th’beach togevver wiff Gin. It was a simple setup, nae anyfing tae complex - shore wouldn’t do ter stahht anyfing off vat was above any child’ood romance; vat meant nights ahht in th’city were off th’table, an’ clbs, actually most fings wehh probably bahhed from vis relationship ‘least ter stahht. She wan’t much for th’wild ways ov romance, bu’ then he himself was jus’ as fine ter read a good book an’ nae bovver abahht’t ‘imself. He wan’t really a sexual creature e’en if ‘e was an ‘ot blooded male. ‘E jus got th’likin’s for books instead.

A picnic was a good stahhtin place. On th’beach? Why not. ‘E liked some good beachside sunbathin’ an’ th’watehh was refreshin’. He liked ter listen to’t sometimes, jus’ listenin’ tae th’sahhnd ov waves crashin’ on th’shore. It was soothin’....bu’ he wondehhed if Gin would feel soothed ‘t all. Since he wan’t gonna be wearin’ no shihhts on th’beach; thehh was jus’ somefin wrong abahht vat, coverin’ up a man’s chest on a sunny day like vis. He wondehhed if she’d be awrigh’ or nae.

Douglas ‘ad spent th’mornin’ prepahhin’ on th’Moon Clippehh. Some books, ‘is boxehh shorts, an’ a coolehh ov drinks - some alcoholic, bu’ he’d also bin sah good as ter prepahh some nice iced tea an’ some glasses ter drink ahht ov. Wiff everyfin’ ready, ‘e beamed dahhn from th’Clippehh ter wot ‘e fought was th’righ’ island. Wan’t hahhd ter track uvver Guahhdians from th’Clippehh, an’ findin’ Gin in th’middle ov nowhehh wan’t hahhd. Sae he’d managed ter find th’bihhd - nestled in th’shade ov a few trees. A nice spot, vat was.

Fer nahh ‘e was wearin’ a very thin ligh’ blue shihht - one vat ‘e was soon ter lose, ov cahhrse, as he approached Gin, smilin’ as ‘e raised th’coolehh ov drinks. ”Aft’noon, me birdie. Yer lookin’ positively scandalous today.” He winked, grinnin’ as ‘e set his drinks dahhn. ”Bu’ vat’s awrigh’. It’s jus’ us two. An’ we boff know I’m th’biggehh scandal ov us.”

@TAMMY Dogulas is the worst omg
BY MITZI
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: May 16 2018, 09:27 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Tropical islands were a great idea in theory, and definitely far away from prying eyes (at least the small ones). On the other hand, they had way more sunshine than a proper English lady would suffer, so Virginia found herself a spot of shade for extra protection as she waited for Douglas to arrive. She just hoped he would be able to find the place.

He was.

>>”Aft’noon, me birdie. Yer lookin’ positively scandalous today.”

Virginia blushed, and instinctively tugged on her swimming bloomers, trying to pull them down over her knees as she sat on the picnic blanket. She knew that Douglas was joking at her expense, but she was still getting used to the idea of... well. Being scandalous.

>>”Bu’ vat’s awrigh’. It’s jus’ us two. An’ we boff know I’m th’biggehh scandal ov us.”

"I will not argue that point" Virginia nodded with a small smile as he joined her, bringing a cooler full of... something. "But I have to admit, I have not spent much time on beaches so far. I tried to prepare for everything. And that includes swimming." she pointed out, smoothing her swimsuit down. "... Not that I made any specific plans." Planning was dangerously close to overthinking, after all. She was trying to not do that.

"What did you bring?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.