Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Fine Print, tag Asheton
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 06:09 AM
23 • Human • Adventure • Burgess

user posted image
i'll try oh lord i'll try
to carry on
Pippa did not want to listen to Asheton. While she was stubborn on the matter of not leaving, she was not so foolish as to believe that he was incorrect. Part of the reason that she disliked her stay on the ship was exactly for the reason he had stated. While she had managed to avoid it thus far, it had begun to become quite clear that Pippa was unlikely to keep her stay on the Jolly Roger without killing someone unless she would prefer to be the person killed. She doubted that even if she was made a chef she would avoid that fate. After all, the Jolly Roger got into too much trouble and Hook's entire mission was to kill an immortal child. Something bad would likely happen if she did not leave.

"That's not what I meant." She did not believe him in regards to taking her. He did not come off as a particularly kind individual and thus far he seemed far more willing to be without her company. It made more sense in her mind for him to take her and then abandon her, a fate which sounded just as unpleasant as the one she had now.

She wasn't entirely sure why he seemed interested about the whole writing down magic bit. It was a fairly common thing as far as she knew, akin to writing about animals or science. Just because she could not use magic did not mean much. It was all about learning. After all, it wasn't like people wrote about dinosaurs because they wanted to be one...or she hoped not.

"Yeah," she said, "It is not like I can use it and I don't see much purpose in sharing it. Us humans just tend to think this sort of stuff is fiction and experience has taught me that a fair amount of magical beings would think I made it up." It was something of a miracle that Hook had not thought that, but then the man seemed to be as perceptive as he was cunning. Nonetheless, such a situation worked to her benefit. She got information that nobody would have ever believed was true and could personally help her in times of trouble. Outside of that she saw no other use except learning. She had never been a manipulative person. "Think of it like learning about animals and then writing it down. I just want to learn."

The moment was cut quite short as it was clear that the rest of the crew was returning. Pippa's jaw tightened as he yelled, annoyance running through her. After all, if he was too loud someone would likely hear him. Thankfully, it seemed as though she did not have to answer the question as realization crossed his face.

She breathed deeply. "Look," she said, trying to not loose her temper. She was actually trying to keep the death count low and would prefer he got out of this alive. "The Captain is a magic user and a cruel one. He tends to pick off his own crew without a care if he thinks someone has run out of use." It was a vague explanation, but then Hook's idea of running out of use was vague as well. She had seen him get rid of men for just one mistake before and it didn't matter if it was small or big. It was quite clear that he was a perfectionist in the worst of ways. "The guys upstairs? They are literally dead once the Captain realizes that not only did they get drunk, but they got drunk enough that the ship was only being watched by me." It was a large mistake since Pippa had not actually been taught how to fight properly, only holding enough knowledge on how to use her dagger if she ever got in a scrap. The others had better knowledge and leaving only her to watch the ship meant the place was virtually defenseless. "If you are in there then we both get out alive."

She realized that it sounded odd, but then Hook was an odd pirate. While he was cruel, charming, and handsome, he was also capable of being lenient with prisoners. The man simply liked his way. Offering immediate death was not his way, but she knew that he would if someone touched on a nerve. Taking to Peter Pan's side was an easy way to do it.

The correction was a welcome one. Hesitating for just a moment, she made to take his weapons off of him so she could have him in the cage.

come sail away

icon made by Nat // @LLOYDY

PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 05:15 AM
331 • Human Immortal • Second Chances • Wherever He Feels Like it

What a pain in the ass this was going to be. She clearly was having trouble with that he was actually fine with the idea of having her become that traveling partner. She was not wrong with him not truly wanting anyone there traveling with him. He had grown used to be being alone, after all for the past three hundred years he been by himself. All on his lonesome. He did not know how to handle people anymore like he used to. He was not that man he was when he was alive. Asheton understood that. This is the path he chose for himself and he would continue walking it until the very end. He was a lair, thief, a murderer, and most of all a pirate. He can’t erase that part of him. It was still there no matter what he did. No matter how much good he did, it did nothing to take that all the bad. He did not deserve happiness, so he traveled the world alone.

Pippa was right. He really did not want her traveling with him. He did not want to her or anyone else for that matter to see what kind of man he had become since becoming an immortal. Yet, at the same time, Asheton did not want a young woman such as Pippa to stay with a bunch of questionable pirates. He would rather her be with him so she would not be forced to make some pretty hard choices. He did not want her to have to make the choice kill or be killed. Once you took someone’s life there is never going back. It is not something you get over overnight. It took time. She was better off with him.

A heavy sigh left him as he ran a hand through his dark hair. “Look, you don’t have to come with me if you don’t want. I’m not forcing you.” He looked to be almost annoyed, which he was to a degree. “All I’m saying is that you are better off with me. Safer, in fact.” In the end, it was her choice. He would not force her. If she wanted to stay, so be it. She was an adult. He would trust her judgment no matter if he thought it stupid or not.

Studying for the sake of studying. That is what she was doing. Whatever the case, it was none of his business as long as she was not sharing the information she was gathering. He preferred not to have random people know of what he was cable of. “Other immortals won’t approve of what you’re doing. I don’t care but others along the road might take it the wrong way.” He warned. “Be more careful with asking about magic.”

Falling down a flight of stair, no matter that it was a small one, it still hurt like hell. His back was going to surely feel it later on. Hopefully much later. There was something much worse than him falling. He could sense that the crew of the ship were coming back. They were getting closer by each passing second. The time he had to escape was not there. Of course, his fooling around would lead to something like this happening. Luck obviously was not on his side today. Biting back the words he wanted to say, the former pirate listened to what the other had to say. Her plan was a good one. He would give her that. But he still hated the idea of having to go into some dirty cell for who knows how long.

He stood back up to his full height, ignoring his aching back. “ You are going to talk your way out of this? How are you going to explain me being here?” He questioned. One thing he hated most about this was having to give up both his sword and the knife that he carried. Both weapons were important to him as they were gifts from people who he cared for. He would not be defenseless without them. He knew how to fight. He did not want to give up the two items he cared for. “Another thing, please don’t lose either of these weapons. They both were gifts from people who were important to me.” He added in, handing over his sword and knife to Pippa.

He's trusting you, Pippa.

PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: May 7 2018, 05:01 AM

user posted image
to carry on
Talking about staying or leaving was beginning to irritate Pippa. She had been done with the subject hours ago. Leaving simply was not something she wanted to do. After all, she had been staying for a reason. If she truly had wanted to leave then she would have been plotting to do so, looking for the first opportunity to leave. That was simply not what this was. Perhaps it was foolish of her to want to stay, but she saw few other choices in regards to the matter.

Ignoring the subject, she focused on the rest of the conversation. "I know that," she said, frowning, "I'm not stupid." She had already gotten in trouble on more than one occasion by asking someone about their magic. She knew by now that she generally needed to be a bit more careful. After all, magic was the same as any knowledge: people were not always going to be quick to share it, always assuming that someone wanted it for ill reasons or perhaps just because people did not enjoy sharing. In other words, stupid reasons.

She pursed her lips. "Bits of the truth," she admitted, carefully listening as to whether anyone had arrived yet, "I was supposed to guard the ship, so your presence would not be too unusual. Chances are that he'll be more upset that I'm the only one out and sober." After all, the others were supposed to have been doing what she was too. It had been pure arrogance for them to think nothing bad might happen if they ignored orders and threw everything on a girl with no training.

Accepting the sword and knife, she nodded. Chances were that she would have to keep them in her own hands to make sure that he got them back.

come sail away

PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:23 AM

There was nothing more he could or say on the matter, she clearly was not going to come traveling with him even if was safer to do so. Asheton wanted to force the matter, but he determined to just drop the subject. She clearly made her choice. Pippa would rather stay with a bunch of pirates and travel with them where she could be put at risk any moment. He hated the idea of it but could do little to stop it. She was an adult despite not looking like one. If she wanted to stay, so be it. If one day she wanted to leave and needed help to do just that, he would be more than willingly to give her hand even if it meant fighting off people as a result. The last thing he wanted was for her to face the same hardships as he did with the many bad choices one would be forced to make living as a pirate.

That warning of his came out wrong. The former pirate did not mean to sound as if Pippa didn’t know what she was doing. He knew what other immortals were like. And surprising enough he might be one of the nicer ones. When it came to his magic, he honestly did not care who or what knew what he was capable of. Relying on his wind alone to fight is not something he did. It was rare if he did. Others were different from himself so who knows what could happen. “Right. You say that yet when I first used my wind, you started asking an annoying amount of questions.” He kindly pointed out, a light smirk appearing across his face. “You sure you know what you’re doing?” He added in, teasingly.

Asheton had to at least admit that her idea was not really a bad one. He had way worse in the past that held many risks in it. Pippa knew what she was doing. He merely hated the idea of being locked up in some cell for who knows how long. That was the only thing that did not sit well with him. Well. That and giving up the two weapons he had on his person. Those two items were important to him. He liked the idea of not losing them ever. He would trust her judgement. He preferred to not have to deal with fighting in general. “Use the name Rowan Hollins when you bring me up. Your captain may recognize it. It might help you in this.” He hated using that name but it if did some good in this situation then so be it.

He glared at the cell that he would spending the next hours in. He really hated the idea of being in one again. It’s been lifetimes since he last stepped in one. There was no other choice. Might as well get this over. “I’m going to take a nap while you handle the rest.” He yawned, slowly making his way to the cell and stepping in. His nap had been rudely interrupted earlier so why not take the chance to get some more sleep in. He was a light sleeper so if anything happened, he would know about it.

--

@MOMO
PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 07:46 PM

user posted image
to carry on
TW: death

Pippa huffed, fairly annoyed. "Of course I do," she shot back. She had technically been doing this for years. Of course, it often did not seem like it, something which was a product of the fact that she often attempted to hide how nervous and worried she was by projecting a far more reckless personality. As far as she was concerned, allowing others to know how anxious she actually was would never lead to anything good. "Besides, you can't get anywhere without asking questions. I just try and be careful about who I ask questions. For instance, you didn't exactly come off as someone who'd kill me for asking a question."

Her brow furrowed at the instructions. "Okay?" She wasn't entirely sure if the name would actually mean anything, but then both the captain and...Rowan, apparently, were magical so perhaps it would. After all, there was no telling how much Hook knew when he had likely lived past a normal human lifespan.

She rolled her eyes at the statement. Briefly, she considered hiding Asheton's knife and sword; however, this seemed like a bad idea. As good as she was at hiding things, there was no doubt in her mind that she'd likely be asked about whether she had stripped him of weapons, particularly if the bruentte's name actually did mean anything. She'd just have to make sure nothing bad happened to them and be able to get them back. She'd likely pay for it later, but she had promised.

Heading to the upper deck, she found that she had arrived just as the rest of the crew had arrived. Captain Hook's gaze immediately landed on the drunken forms of other pirates. Handsome features shifted into a façade of calm, but it was clear by the storm within his eyes. His gaze drifted upwards, landing on her, a crisp smile crossing his face. "My dear," he purred, causing her mind to scream at the danger that faced her, "I believe I told you to watch the ship."

It wasn't a question and she found it difficult to present a façade that would allow her to appear cool and calm. On some level, she supposed it was good that Hook already knew what lay behind the calm she presented, already knew that the youth he had decided to spare was actually anxious and far less reckless than she let herself appear to be. At the same time, there was nothing good about this. After all, it likely gave him comfort in the fact that there were few things she'd try to disobey. "I did," she said quietly, gripping the weapons in her hands. Hook's gaze flickered to them. "Is that so?" The calm was still there and she felt as though he didn't believe her. Whether he actually did was quite hard to tell. The Captain's face was a mask, hiding his thoughts with a skill she could never have imitated.

It was likely not surprising that she began to tell him what he wanted to know, seeming to spill everything. However, it was far from everything. She didn't want Asheton to die, didn't want anyone to die. For the most part, the story was the same. She told him how the others who were supposed to have been guarding with her had started drinking despite her protests and left her to guard alone. They had eventually passed out.

From there, she changed the story. She knew that Hook would never believe that she had taken down someone unless that individual was unimpressive. While she had a dagger, she didn't truly know how to fight with it much and was still learning. Considering Asheton had given her a name that seemed like it was supposed to mean something she was sure she had to change the story around and only enough that it was not too different from what was different in case the Captain started asking Asheton questions.

A fair chunk of what happened would not be good to mention. She'd be in a lot of trouble and likely end up shot as well if the Captain knew she'd have actually been speaking to Asheton instead. As such, she simply mentioned how she had caught a man who had snuck onto the ship. Catching him unawares, she'd thrown him into the brig and managed to get out of him that he'd been planning to steal the ship and his name.

His expression seemed to be caught somewhere between anger and intrigue as she had finished. "Wake up those two," he ordered. With a practiced patience, he allowed a play to go on, luring the men into a sense of security as s a snake would lure its prey. She flinched as he shot them, appearing to be without remorse at the action. Ordering someone to get rid of the bodies, he turned his attention on her. His gaze flickered to the weapons for a moment before glancing upwards, a charming smile crossing his face. Her stomach immediately sunk. "Come," he said, "We have a guest to greet." Reluctantly, she followed after him.

come sail away

PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Yesterday at 04:24 am

Asking questions was a very important thing. A person would not get very far in life if they didn’t ask anything at all. However, there was such thing as asking too many questions. Too personal many personal things. And magic is one of those personal things that many were not that open with talking about to complete strangers. Asheton thought himself to be one of those people though seeing as how he did display his wind right in front of Pippa he could not ignore it. And he kind of felt guilty for losing his temper and hitting her. But others may not be so willing. It did not matter if they came off as a murderer or not. It was dangerous and could land her in a world of trouble. She was being too naïve with that way of thinking. Not everyone was like him.

He wanted to make that comment that popped inside his head but determined to not to. She did not need to know that he was that kind of man in the past. He was not proud of what he did. Far too many were killed and suffered by his hands. He was a ruthless young pirate. The man he was is not the one he was today. He hoped that was the case. He had no real of knowing. Regardless Asheton would rather keep all that to himself. The other did not need to know. “You aren’t being careful enough. Not everyone will be as accepting as I was.” He warned once more. “Someone could be a murderer. They don’t look or act like it until it benefits them.”

Rowan. It was a name he grew to hate over the years. That name is one he refused to go by now. The fact that it was the middle name given to him by is parent did not matter. The former pirate hated it. As much as he hated it, he knew it would be better to use that name. He may have met this captain of Pippa’s in the past and if he did he they would have met under that name. It may help them, or it may lead them into a worse situation. A situation Asheton managed to pull them both in because he was messing around a bit too much.

“Hey. One more thing before you leave.” He called out, turning around to face the other. There was a chance this might not work out. He didn’t want Pippa to put herself into more danger because of him. “Save yourself. If it doesn’t look like you can get out of this, use me in any way you can even if it means I have to be killed as a result. I lived long enough.” He understood what he was asking of her and what it might do. It was a selfish choice to ask her of this, yet he would rather her live to see another day. “Now go. I need a nap.” With a yawn, he then moved into the cell and inched over towards the bed of sorts. Once there, he flopped over, got himself comfortable, and within moments he was asleep.

His nap did not last for very long. A few minutes at best. Two loud bangs were what pulled Asheton from the land of sleep. In that same instant, he quickly sat up, his purple gaze wondering over the stairs leading up to the top deck. That did not sound too good. What the hell was happening up there? It could not be good. He felt the worry welling up inside him. Gun shot were never a good sign. He wanted to go and break down the cell down. It took him everything to keep himself seated. The last thing he wanted was to cause more trouble than he already had. He had to be patient. Wait it out until the owner of this ship paid him a visit.

--

@MOMO
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.