Add Reply
New Poll

Living Death [M/TW], tag Ryder
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 07:49 AM
1551 • Malevolent Elf • Death • France

Living Death

TW: violence, possible [non-descriptive] gore, mortals used for experiments, swearing, obsession with death, and possible murder. Vincens is kind of fucked up in this.

A sickness plagued the world, corrupting people to the core. A flush came to their cheeks, feverish in its manner. Greedily, they gulped at air like a starving man, consuming poison and tainting their very being. Worse still, they moved sluggishly. Motivation had been driven out of their core and the wish to simply be was gone. In its place was complacency. People had become vile, wretched creatures. It was a burden to be alive. Where beauty could have been was the slow, painful decay of creatures who would be better off without the possession of oxygen or sustenance.

Vincens knew that he could help such creatures. However, he was little more than a dog. His collar was tighter and his leash tighter. The innocent could not have their spilt upon the altar towards the greater cause. After all, belief was important. Not to him, though. No, no. He had little use for such an invisible thing, particularly when he did not require it to survive. Yet, this did not mean that his way could not be achieved. Blood could still be spilled even if death was not allowed.

Nobody would miss the wicked or damned, no?

His stage had been set. The city was large and within its deepest crevices lay those who none would care about the disappearances of. Luring them in was quite easy as mortals often followed him if he used his glamour. After all, this world possessed foul creatures who did little, wasting breath with every moment of their existence. They would be better off dead, far more beautiful and useful creatures. Unfortunately, he could not remold them as such. Despite this setback, he could make use of them.

The dark elf hummed quietly to himself, quietly weaving a spell through another rune. He had taken to learning the practice over the last year. Thus far, he had only shown talent at using it as a medium for creating disease. However, he wished to learn more. Thus, he had found his use in the mortals, taking to testing spells upon them. He had not killed a single one yet. Instead, he tended to them in the depths of the a hidden base as a gardener might his plants.

His actions did not go unseen.

Several members of the Razor Flame had gone missing. At first, the occurrence was not unordinary. Many members of the gang often slacked off, sometimes going as far to not show up or dismissing work that had been assigned to them. It was troublesome as the behaviour often led to someone else having to pick up the slack and the occasional piece of territory or goods being lost.

What was not ordinary was several members going missing for a week. Everybody knew that the members were not in jail, leaving few other reasons as to why they would be missing. The most likely reasons were not ones that anybody wished to bring up.

But then Petya Appleby had never been just anybody. Storming into the room like a tornado, the furious blonde glowered at the shorter man. "The fuck, boss," he growled, "They've been missing for a week. This goes beyond them being incompetent." There was a question within his words, something which was rare. After all, Petya was not normally one to ask questions, being more of one to take action first and possibly never ask questions. Clearly, he wanted an explanation. "Unless you plan on leaving them for dead..."

LLOYDY this got kind of dark >>
PM
^
❂ RYDER COX
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 12:48 AM
27 • Jackass... Human • Anarchy • New York City, NY

LIFTING HIS HEAD up from resting on his desk, auburn eyes stared sleepily at the much taller blond man who was currently yelling at him. What a great way to wake up from a nap. A nap that he honestly did not mean to take. He must have managed to pass out while looking over documents and signing them. At least it was the man he teasingly called Steve woke him instead of Markas. Markas would have been less pleasant to deal with. An angry Steve would be easier to handle. Now what was the blond going on about? Right. Those idiot men of his that somehow gone missing.

Yawning, Ryder stretched his arms over his head before turning his gaze onto the one who was currently yelling. He heard about some of those idiot men going missing. He just didn’t care. It was their own fault for getting themselves caught. Trying to figure out what happened to them would not be worth his time. Neither would be saving them.

The answer he had in mind was probably not something the other wanted to hear. He had a business to run. There was no time that needed to be wasted find out what happened to a bunch of idiots. He was surprised that Petya would even care. Less men would mean more work and pay for him. “What do you want me to say? That I’ll go figure out what happened to them?” He replied back with questions of his own. “They aren’t worth the trouble. They are probably dead so who cares.” It did not matter to him that some of the lower rank people were killed off. He honestly didn’t even care to learn their names. They were only there to make the gang numbers higher and that was it. If they got themselves killed that was their problem. Not his.

He did not have the time or patients for this. The paperwork needed to get done in a couple of hours. “Now can I get back to work or are you going to keep yelling at me?” He said flatly. “If you are so worried, you look into it. Don’t drag my ass into it.”

ASTERISM@ネバーランド

PMEmail
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:19 AM

Living Death

Petya normally did not care what happened to the members who milled about at the bottom. In fact, he was of the opinion that Ryder didn't handle things well enough when it came to who to keep and who to get rid of as the gang had members who served little purpose other than existing. It made work particularly difficult considering such scum didn't even do that right half the time. He might have not cared too much if it wasn't for the exact type of behaviour that Ryder displayed at the moment. He didn't particularly care for such members himself, clearly perfectly fine with leaving them for dead if they ever got themselves in trouble.

He had been under the man for years, among one of the eldest members of the gang, and he still didn't understand why the man couldn't go the extra mile and just get rid of them. He would explain it away as laziness except that would mean that Markas would deal with it, which the other man never had. Perhaps it was some dumb American thing, this indifference.

On the bright side, he at least knew how to deal with it. His boss definitely didn't fear him. It was quite clear in how he insisted on calling him Steve of all things and had continued to do so for years. However, there was one person he did fear and it brought out a particularly sadistic joy in the blonde to play with it.

A smile crossed his face, bright and completely out of place on the cankerous man's face. "Of course," he said, "I'll just go tell Markas that we lost more territory and goods- again- and that the people who should have been protecting it have been missing for a week, unpunished. And you can-" He eyed the brunette knowingly. "Work."

@LLOYDY "I'm telling on you"
PM
^
❂ RYDER COX
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 04:46 AM

IF HE WENT and actually paid attention to every screw up those idiot men of his did then nothing truly important would ever get done. He had to get this pile of paperwork done in the next couple of hours. The time he had to look into what happened was nonexistent. Dealing with it would mean putting off work that needed to be done. He already spent the day not doing work that he should be doing. That was one of the many reasons why Markas was mad at him to begin with. Ryder preferred to not get his second in command even more pissed than what he already was. He did not want to face the man’s wrath for the millionth time. He was doing a good job of actually doing the work he was supposed to… Sort of. He didn’t mean to fall asleep but he was awake and that is all that mattered.

Auburn eyes simply stared at the much taller man. Steve was not joking. The blond would be more than happy to tell Markas and then Ryder would be the one that would have to deal with a very pissed off Markas yet again. What a pain this going to be. Hunting down those useless men and finding out what happened to that and having to finish up the paperwork. Tonight was going to be a long night. Why couldn’t things go smoothly for once? Groaning, Ryder lean back in his chair, eyeing the other. “Why do you even care? It’s not like it has anything to do with you?” He questioned sharply. “Did we really lose more territory and goods like you said? I honestly can’t remember what I told those idiots to do anymore.”

Whether or not if he wanted to look into it, he felt like he was going to be forced to by Steve. Of course, he refused to do this by himself. He was going to force the other man into this. If they somehow messed up, he would have to deal with a pissed off Markas with him. He was not going down all on his lonesome.

ASTERISM@ネバーランド

PMEmail
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Apr 18 2018, 06:15 AM

sorrow found me when i was young
Patience was not something that Petya had in abundance and Ryder unfortunately often tested what little he had. This current situation was a fair example and he could only hope that the brunette did not test his quickly decreasing control. Chances were that he would be unable to actually tell Markas anything if he lost his temper. The second-in-command of the Razor Flame would undoubtedly not take well to hearing that the blonde had managed to start a fight with Ryder again and would probably be in no mood to hear anything he had said. It would hardly matter that the asshole would have had whatever Petya threw at him coming.

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, sorry, I didn't know I had actually been kicked out of the gang," he replied smarmily. After all, he was starting to lose patience with how clearly unfair Ryder had been treating him as of late, pressing on the smallest of faults to snap at him. He would have complained to Markas, but he had enough sense to recognize that the other male probably had more important things to deal with than Ryder not giving him a fair share of the cut. No doubt the bastard knew he knew that and was taking advantage it. "It isn't like I've been part of it for seven years."

He breathed deeply, attempting to create a façade of calm. "Yes, we did," he said with forced patience, "They were supposed to be guarding bases- you know, usual shit. One of them was actually lost completely, as were all of the people who should have been guarding it." He paused, taking out a cigarette and lighting it. Taking a drag, he continued: "Well, all the ones who were presumably not corpses anyway. The rest of the guys who are missing came from other bases. They had fights and only lost stuff in the turf wars, but not the territory. Among the stuff lost were some of the guys. I would have thought them dead or in jail, but the second is easy to check and none of the ones who are actually missing were arrested."

A scowl made its way to his face. "When I managed to talk to the fuckwads who actually survived it became pretty clear that they were at least alive the last time anyone saw them." He shot Ryder a withering look. "Which means some freak probably saw an opportunity and decided to nab a few of our guys, no doubt because they thought nobody would come looking." Considering that everybody had disappeared in the same manner and there were no threats being sent their way, it seemed like the only explanation. After all, who would miss a criminal? Particularly ones that murdered fairly often? Nobody.

PM
^
❂ RYDER COX
 Posted: May 18 2018, 04:36 AM

LEAVE IT TO his men to royally mess up on that scale. Their mess ups kept on causing him all kinds of problems that should not be happening if people actually did their fucking job for once. This problem was getting to become more frequent than usual. Meaning more work for not only him but Markas as well. There were too much going on lately and a lot of these problems were because of idiocy or laziness. It was getting ridiculous now. He did not have the time or the energy to keep fixing these mistakes anymore. There was more important work to be done instead of looking into where some of his men went. Ryder had piles of paperwork he had to get through. He, however, doubted Petya would let this go. Another sleepless night it seems.

He eyed the other man, making no effort to move from the seat in front of his desk. Seven years. Has it really been that long? It’s a wonder as to why Petya stuck around for these last seven years despite all the crap Ryder gave him and would probably continue to give him. After all, the man was just too much fun to annoy and bother. He should be nice and give him back the pay he had deduced from him. No one stuck around for long. Well… that or they somehow ended up either getting fired or killed. Not to mention, the blond actually did his job. Unlike certain people. He should try and be a little nicer. “You haven’t been kicked out yet.” He replied back, looking over one final piece of paperwork. “I need you so you don't have to worry about that.”

Finishing up that last piece of work, he turned his auburn gaze onto the blond, taking in every word of information the other man had to say. The situation did not seem it was going to be an easy one to figure out. Whoever took them was clearly not after money or information. If they were, the building they were in would have gotten some kind of note of ransom or be attacked. He doubted the ones that were kidnapped were able to stand for much and gave away important info. This was probably not the work of some other gang. If it were someone he made an enemy out of there would be more flashy. If was the work of the police, it would be on the news. Something else was at work here.

Groaning, he leaned back into his chair, staring up at the ceiling. This was a fine mess and he honestly did not want to deal with. Yet, he knew better to just leave it alone. Doing nothing would mean further problems down the road. The paperwork would need to be put on hold until further notice. “Fine. You have my attention.” He stated, pushing back up to his full height. “Let’s go before this asshole causes anymore problems for us… Also, how about we don’t tell Markas about this? He already has his hands full with something else.” He grabbed some of his belongings and heading towards the front door. “Any ideas where we should start looking for this bastard?”

ASTERISM@ネバーランド

PMEmail
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: May 18 2018, 05:29 AM

Petya had to refrain from rolling his eyes. His spot within the Razor Flame had always been a peculiar one in that it had been gained, unlike some of the others within the gang, out of pure desperation. Ryder had held the good luck of coming across the blonde when he had first immigrated to the States and been struggling to get his start in life. It had been a messy meeting, one which had resulted in the brunette in realizing exactly how talented the Scotsman was at fighting despite his hair-trigger temper. Unfortunately, the offer had been the only one he had had at the time and he had been desperate at the time. While he had meant for it to be temporary, his temper had left him with a great amount of trouble of keeping jobs, something which just made it even more difficult to gain more as time passed. The sort of cheerful or polite temperament people wanted was simply one that the blonde had trouble even faking.

No doubt if he had the option he would leave Ryder as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, he was currently his only source of income. As annoying the other man was, he had unfortunately dealt with far worse individuals as bosses and the man seemed to possess enough patience to deal with his temper. Then again, patience might have been the wrong word. After all, the man tended to use his own temper as a buffer for whenever Petya grew angry with him.

Still, he was pretty sure that the man was trying to be kind in his own backwards way. It was probably best not to say anything to fuck it up.

Hardly the most humble of individuals, he was unable to entirely withhold the smirk that began to cross his face as it became clear that Ryder was beginning to understand the gravity of the situation. "As long as you manage not to get killed," he said by way of compromise. He had always been fine with taking orders without voicing questions and keeping secrets. However, the only thing he wouldn't do was keep the details of a mission from Markas if Ryder managed to get killed. Maimed? Sure. However, he had been around long enough to know that Markas was something more than a mere co-worker. There was no doubt in his mind that if Ryder managed to get himself killed Markas would be something worse than livid.

"Of course." He was far from one of the members who was talented in the area of information; however, he was not completely useless. His rather unique lifestyle had left him with a long list of talents. Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a flip pad. Flipping it to the most recent entry, he came to a page with a crudely written list of names. Most of them were scratched out. "I looked into where they might be- you know, just in case things were a lot simpler than they appeared." After all, it would not be the first time that something bad had happened because somebody was slacking on the job. "From what I could determine, they happened close enough to each other that there was probably a drop off point. You know, serial killer style." In fact, he was fairly sure they were dealing with either a serial killer or someone a hell lot more fucked up. "I had a few leads as to where. The only one that didn't run completely cold was a warehouse. I wasn't able to actually look at it though since it is on another gang's territory."

PM
^
❂ RYDER COX
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 02:21 AM

RYDER HAD A pretty good feeling that tonight was going to be one of those nights were things end in complete disaster or with things ending in one giant mess with limited death count. He sure as hell hoped it would not be both. That is not a job he wished to clean up afterwards. There was more work that needed to be done tonight so he preferred to get this done and over with as soon as possible. And cleaning up would only delay that work more so than what little time he had been give. Losing another client due to tardiness would without a doubt piss off Markas more ways than one. And that was not adding in what Steve and him were about to look into. It would not be a pretty sight to see. Keeping Markas in the dark would be for the better until everything got settled.

As long as he didn’t get himself killed. Those word echoed within his mind. The man could not help but laugh at that statement. He would not die tonight. He refused to believe such a thing. Knowing his luck, he would probably come out of this fine mess with something to show for it. Getting hurt was part of the job. He long accepted that fact. No matter what happened to him, he always escaped with his life so dying is not something he should waste his time worrying about. “You say that like you don’t know me at all, Steve.” He replied back, a light smirk appearing on his face. “Many tried but I’m sort of hard to kill. You don’t need to worry~”

Stopping in his tracks, Ryder turned to face the much taller blond. By the sounds of the information given to him, this was going to harder than he first thought. It was not going to be in and out like he wanted it to be. It was going to much more difficult. Not to mention, probably dangerous. What a night this was going to be turning out to be. It would be smart if they came prepared for whoever was going to be waiting for them. They should be ready for anything just in case. Maybe carrying more than one gun would be better than what he normally carried. If this was a serial killer, who knows how insane this person might be. Who knows? They could be helping out the police with this.

He could care less about entering another gang’s territory. It was the last thing he cared about. He did not see the other gangs much of a threat. After all, this gang allowed an probably insane guy run around the city and kill who knows how many people. “Who cares if it’s owned by another gang. It never stopped us before. Whoever this guy is, he is a threat that must be taken care off before this get more out of hand.” He started, inching back over to his desk. “Hey. How many guns do you have on you? We might need more than just one. You never know what’s going to happen.” He dug around in his pocket to find the keys for the safe only to pause for a second. “Good work on finding all of this out on your own. I know its not something your good at.”

ASTERISM@ネバーランド

PMEmail
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 08:08 PM

Petya glowered at Ryder. "I say that because I know you far better than I would prefer," he grit out, trying to reign in his temper. He knew that the brunette was only using the ridiculous nickname because it never failed to get a reaction out of him. The blonde knew it was a petty thing to get annoyed about. After all, it wasn't like he didn't use the name himself. Moreover, he had never liked his own name. Petya was a reminder of his life before he had immigrated and made sure he got as far away from his parents as possible. However, there was something distinctly irritating about being called Steve. Perhaps it was due to the fact that he knew that it was not said out of affection but as a jibe and possibly even laziness. "You have a rather bad habit of almost getting killed. I'm not carrying your half-dead body back to Markas."

It was a blatant lie. Petya was trusted with jobs that required a fair amount of trust for a reason. Unlike many other members of the Razor Flame he actually tried quite hard in everything he did despite his griping, something which could easily be seen in the fact that he had bothered to come to Ryder with this. It was a stark contrast to many of the other members of the gang who merely placed the minimum amount, if even that, that was needed. Moreover, the blonde tended to not ask questions even though the urge was there considering how Ryder worked. As a result, there was no doubt that if Ryder did end up half-dead he would do what he considered required instead of flee.

He paused as the brunette suddenly paused, looking at him with thinly veiled curiosity. Judging by the expression on the other male's face, he was thinking, something that was at least good since there was no doubt in his mind that Ryder was better at planning than him. There was a reason that Petya only did jobs that required violence from him: he was good at it. Actual strategy was difficult and likely always would be considering he tended to punch first and ask questions second.

"Whoever is digging my potential grave probably," he said flatly, "You do realize that if another gang catches you on their territory it could cause conflict?" He wasn't an idiot. Territory disputes were as common as they had always been. If anyone realized that a gang leader had snuck into territory that did not belong to him it could cause a dispute or worse. It was the sort of attraction they did not need considering that Ryder wasn't known by the police even though their gang definitely was.

"The usual amount," he admitted, "A few guns and several knives." He's always preferred working with the latter. He was hardly trained in how to fight. As a result, knives took to him better. Guns had taken some practice to learn how to use, but considering how he liked to fight a knife worked better. It allowed for closer contact and had the potential to unnerve others since he had a high tolerance to pain that often became apparent within fights as he sometimes didn't register wounds, particularly if adrenaline kicked in.

The two, particularly Ryder, were right to worry though. What neither could realize was that they were dealing with someone far more dangerous than a serial killer. As the two chatted, Vincens continued working with his spells, taking to his actions as a scientist might, carefully documenting the results he was getting from the humans. Once he was satisfied, he would begin to undo the magic and move on to the next spell.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.