Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

In the Gardens, Fairlee my child~
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 07:12 PM
Unknown • will-o-the-wisp • Innocence • Nomad

light on my feet ,
skipping through the meadows catch me if you can
Fairlee had not quite realized that her story was one that she would have been better off keeping to herself. She was not a perceptive being, having managed to keep her innocence for many centuries despite the knowledge she gained and the people she met. As a result, she could not know of the darkness that she had touched upon within the Mother of the Hearth. Instead, she only noticed the cheer of the flower buds and the seemingly kind words of Tanerys.

Kind words that she had not become mature or perceptive enough to realize were something else entirely. She made no comment upon the description of Persephone, merely smiling at the cheer of the flower buds. After all, she quite liked the Goddess. However, she did not see the Goddess as gracious. After all, she had slowly come to realize that others did not have to be part of her family and that family was a concept that was rather complicated...just a bit too complicated for her to truly understand at the moment.

Her attention became focused as the Mother of the Hearth began her story. She listened with the attention that only came of a youth who wished to hear and absorb that which was being told to them. For a short time, the story was nice despite the sorrow that came with it. However, it quickly gained a dark note. That which made it enjoyable did not leave, but that which grew and made Fairlee different could not help but question in silence. Her world was complicated after all. Living away from the simple world of the Seelie and Unseelie had formed a world that tended to shift between black and white to grey.

Part of her could not help but think that something incredibly wrong had happened to Aide, but she was intelligent enough to keep her tongue. "Yes," she said, "But it was enjoyable."

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:54 PM
Olde • Fae • Superiority • Ireland

I WILL SET THE WORLD ON FIRE

It was, in a sense, a test. To see if the girl would ask...if she would question the awful aspects of her story. She knew she had spun darkness into her tale, and yer it was not questioned at all. Out of naive negligence, or genuine lack of notice, or instead did she fear the answer if she asked? The flower buds, sweet wildlings, clung to the Hearth Mother with soft coos of encouragement, chirping their agreement. Oddly the Mother of the Hearth felt...relieved, as though her freedom to discuss that dark moment of her life was….intoxicating. To confess...to be free to do so, and free of consequences...she had never been able to face that time before. But perhaps with this young one…

”I am glad to hear it. I am glad my story holds beauty. Though now, dear one, I wonder…” She smiled thinly, watching her flames upon her fingertips. ”Would you say that you liked it? You're free to think otherwise. Ah….and….if you wish….would you like to hear more? Not in this place…” She gestured to her Little ones fondly. ”Their ears are too sensitive for the rest. But in private... would you wish to hear more?” She could not dent the draw of a private confessional.

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 10:38 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee was an innocent creature. Her mind was as young as any will-o-the-wisp's despite the significant differences between she and the others. However, like any youth she was not stupid. She was observant and curious, but capable of noticing when a subject was bad. Of course, bad subjects were, in her experience, rare. After all, she did not keep the company of many individuals who would be interested in asking her trick questions or bringing up cruel subjects. The spirits and people she spoke to usually realized that she was akin to a young child and thus sensitive.

This was not the same with the Mother of the Hearth. Fairlee had already recognized that the story she had been told was a bad one. What had happened to Aide was not good, but there were details missing. Did she want to hear more? Well, yes, but she was not sure if she wanted to go away. She had always been told to be careful where and who she went with after all. She did not want to wind up someplace bad. "Yes," she said after a moment. However, she quickly added, "We won't go far?"

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 01:37 AM
Olde • Fae • Superiority • Ireland

I WILL SET THE WORLD ON FIRE

The little one was quick to grow wary, but for that, the Mother of the Hearth reached out ever so subtly with her own natural aura of warmth and comfort. It was not a direct manipulation, so much as a gentle nudge that the mind should find comfort in her. She smiled softly, the flames dancing in her hair as she shook her head. ”Not far. Only so far that the little wildlings won’t hear. You are young and pure, but they are younger yet. They needn’t know such things.”

Truth be told, there was a second motive to this indulgence of hers; she had never felt her twin die, in the end, something that she viewed as strange. Aide was gone, certainly, but there was a small part to the Mother of the Hearth that wondered yet if perhaps the unseelie fae of fire was still alive, lost in the wilds she had been sent to. If any was to find her, a Wil-o-the-wisp surely could; the wildlings surely could, but Tanerys herself was bound never to seek Aide again.

Her sister could never know.

The hearth-mother gestured into the woods with a smile. ”There is a beach nearby, beyond the woods. It is warm and clean there, a quiet haven for two if we’d like.” It would be easier to talk of such things if Tanerys coudl be certain it was only the two of them. She could place a sound barrier around them without much suspect if they were isolated.

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 05:26 AM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee was a young creature, often untouched by the suspicions that came with age. It was only through the influence of others that she realized that there were some that she should be wary of, much like a child guided by a parent's hand. However, her wariness was brief, ebbed away by the other fae's natural aura. It brought about a feeling of comfort, something which the Spirit of Spring had long ago come to associate with trust. Had she been another she might have question its source, but the will-o-the-wisp was young and innocent.

Her brow furrowed. "Okay," she said. She paused, stopping to consider the offer to go to the beach. "Fairlee would like to go to the beach." Admittedly, the reason was somewhat selfish. She did not tend to stray towards beaches much unless she had business near them. After the type of life that she often dealt with usually only grew around them and hot sands were rarely a place she needed to be. Yet, that did not mean that she was not curious.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.