Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Taking in the Sights
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 05:12 PM
N/A • 1/2 Sister of Flight, human • Memory • Punjam Hy Loo
Lady Archive 334 posts application plotter wanted tracker other

Rest was never something the Guardians got much of. Even when Pitch had been keeping to the background the Big Four had a tendency to keep themselves busy. Sometimes too busy, as they had come to realize just how out of touch the work of, as North put it, bringing joy to children could distract them from actually being around children. But ever since Pitch and his allies began to organize themselves it seemed that no sooner had the Guardians managed to catch their breath there was some new trouble to deal with. Admittedly the latest trouble seemed to be...complicated to say the least. It had been an Anti-Guardian and a few others helping but from what Toothiana had heard from those who were at Centralia the whole thing had been done without Pitch's approval.

That in itself was something that Tooth thought worth noting. She had never really suspected that the Anti-Guardians were entirely unified. Most likely each had their own reasons for joining and their own goals and simply believed working together with the Bogeyman would be the best way of accomplishing it. Years of fighting Pitch also had taught her that he was no fool, not the type to expect his allies to willingly submit to his word completely. At least not without some kind of motivation. But understanding the nuances of Pitch's arrangements with those allied with him was, perhaps something for another time. For now, Tooth was feeling a bit on edge about the whole thing. When they got word of what was happening in Centralia each of the Guardians had quickly worked to figure out the most strategic tasks they could each perform. For Sandy, that meant signaling and leading any other Guardians he could find to come and help and actually get to the children using his dreamsand to help the poor things sleep and hopefully recover from the ordeal. Bunny also went directly to the place, no doubt his tunnels had come in handy to bring the children home. Toothiana however, stifled her first desire to go and be there for the children in favor of making sure that nothing else was in the works. Her connection to her mini-fairies meant that with some extra concentration she could essentially have eyes and ears all over the globe. So she had remained in the Tooth Palace and sent out any fairies not involved with their usual task of collecting teeth out to check on as many places as they could.

But now that that was all past she was eager to be out in the field again. To see for herself that children were safe in their beds and that there was no new disaster in the making. Tooth trusted her fairies completely, and knew that those who were also out collecting were watching with eyes as sharp as hers at this very moment, but there was something reassuring about being there herself. She had spent over four hundred years just organizing and directing and while in some cases that role was in fact the most useful service she could offer, it was not a habit she wanted to fall back into. So she flitted over the quiet little town finally coming to the house where a precious little tooth lay beneath a child's pillow. She carefully flitted in through the window, violet eyes taking an extra moment to take in the child in the bed. A stray lock of hair draped over her forehead as she slept, the ghost of a smile on her lips from whatever pleasant dream currently held her.

With a well practiced hand, Toothiana reached beneath the pillow, grasping the tooth and leaving behind a bright new coin. With one last look, and a gentle touch to brush the hair away from her face, Toothiana turned and flew out the way she came. Emerging from the window she fluttered slowly over the other houses and yards not in any particular rush to be away, instead taking the time to drink in the sights and note the occasional late night travelers that might have been roaming about. It really was nice to get out into the world again and enjoy the sights and sounds while still keeping a watch that all was well.
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 05:52 PM
132 • Toy • Fortitude • Russia

I'm there for you, be there for me i'll hum the song the soldiers sing

Traveling had always been a bit of a troublesome sort of business for Ivan. As a toy, it was quite easy for others to pick him up. Children seemed to have something of a habit of picking him up when their eye caught sight of him, no doubt drawn in by the temptation of possessing a new toy. Of course, this was not all bad. After all, it made his job as a Guardian quite easy, placing him in the hands of the very people he was meant to be protecting. The real problem was that it could occasionally displace him as he was almost completely defenseless as a toy.

Such was the case now.

He had managed to end up in the hands of a child who was returning back home to another country. Unfortunately, this had placed him quite far from the United States, as once they had arrived it was clear they were across the ocean, somewhere in...Asia. He really did have to learn his countries better.

As Toothiana fluttered out of the house, Ivan found himself falling out of the bed, quickly shifting from toy to man with a grunt.

"Sugar Cookies!"

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 05:29 AM

Toothiana did not get far before she heard a slight clatter and muffled voice coming from the window she had just left. Instantly she spun in the air and darted back, wings humming at full speed to check on what had happened. She had expected to find some decoration or other furnishing of the room knocked over...maybe she had brushed an object without realizing it on her way out or just something having been placed a little precariously. What she most definitely did not expect was to find a man lying on the floor beside the bed.

"Who are you?" She questioned, her tone firm though quiet enough to not disturb the sleeping child- assuming the man's appearance hadn't done that already. "And what are you doing here?" In the dark it was hard to pick out distinguishing features though violet eyes watched him carefully for any false move or clue as to his identity.

How he could possibly have appeared in the room when Toothiana herself was there not moments ago was strange. And she could not help, given the rising seriousness of the war, but worry that the plentiful shadows or some other method of Pitch and his allies could be at work. Still, she would make no move against him until she was sure of what had just happened.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 08:51 AM

It was a terrible business, being a toy. While it was certainly useful- he was capable of seeing many things without others raising alarm- it did tend to get tricky with how he shifted at midnight. After all, children had grabby hands and he was not quite inclined to wasting his magic to stopping children from picking him up. It was better spent in situations than called for it, especially seeing as how difficult it was to use too much when he was still a toy.

Frowning, he pulled himself up to his feet. However, he spent a moment to check if the child had managed to wake up before he even thought about making sure all his things were about him. It would not be the first time he had accidentally awoken a child because of a mess like this. He had done it before with Sarah Anne, though...that situation had been a bit special considering ser rabbit had been injured thus the commotion.

Only when he had just glanced over to the child, someone had flown into the room. Slightly startled, he turned his attention to the newcomer. His brow furrowed. Ah, no. This was likely the person who had just left, yes? It made sense that she was worried, especially when, if he was correct...

Straightening, he offered a smile to the Tooth Fairy. "Извините," he apologized. If he was correct, then it would be fine to reveal who he was. After all, a shapeshifter or anyone unsavory would have held no reason to lie to him, considering that she would not, and clearly did not, have known him to be there. "I am Ivan Zolnerowich." His brow furrowed. "Ah- but...well, I suppose it happened when she picked me up in Burgess. That was probably a few days ago, да? Timezone changes are-" He paused. "I am rambling; where was I?" Timezone changes...ah, yes! "I was already here. I am a toy, you see?"

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 03:53 AM

It seemed the man was quite a ways from home judging by the Russian apology that escaped him. And to respond by excusing himself and a pleasant smile at least was better than meeting Toothiana confronting him with hostility. Still, anyone could offer a pleasant greeting and so the Tooth Fairy remained tense and on guard...until he offered his name.

Ivan Zolnerowich. It sounded familiar and as he continued to speak her own mind quickly tried to process what he was saying. He was picked up? And then the answer came. A toy...he had been a toy. He had been in the room the whole time only Toothiana had no reason to notice him before. After all who would think to question the presence of a toy in a child's room. Ivan Zolnerowich. A toy turned man in the middle of the night.

"The Nutcracker!" Toothiana gasped in realization as she recalled the name of the Nutcracker Prince and his recruitment to the Guardians. Instantly her demeanor relaxed. Unfortunately with so many Guardians being chosen and called upon so quickly Toothiana had not had an opportunity to meet them all and while she knew most names of any beings whose stories had spread among mortals recognizing them on sight was not always possible.

She really didn't want to have set the first proper meeting with an ally so tensely. But hopefully, given the times, he would be understanding. "I'm afraid I didn't recognize you," she explained. "I'm sorry for the poor start but it is nice to meet a fellow Guardian." She added.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 12:18 AM

The Tooth Fairy appeared to remember him, something that was personal a bit surprising. He had not met many Guardians so far and the only member of the Big Five he had actually spoken to had been North. He had only seen the Tooth Fairy a few times, but never spoken to her. As such, he was somewhat surprised that she actually remembered him.

Ivan offered her a smile and nodded. "It is fine," he said, "I would not have expected you to. I a afraid I do not know many Guardians to begin with." He paused, casting a glance around the room. "Though, it would probably be a good idea to leave this room before we wake someone up."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 02:42 AM

Toothiana noticed the look of surprise that crossed the prince's features when she realized who he was. Of course, never having met before he had little reason to expect her to know him...at least not beyond just knowing of him. And truthfully before he was chosen knowing the stories of the Nutcracker Prince was all she could have said. But fortunately Toothiana did have a good memory so she could usually keep the names and whatever glimpses or descriptions of chosen Guardians she could get in her mind.

She nodded in understanding when he mentioned not knowing many Guardians. "With so many being chosen gathering everyone together has been difficult. But I have been able to keep up with when the Man in the Moon chooses people to be called on." She replied.

While they had been speaking quietly Ivan was right, if they were to have much more of a conversation it would be best to take it elsewhere. "Is there another room that might be better or should we go outside?" She asked. Toothiana figured that Ivan would be more familiar with the house and inhabitants than she was so if there was a part they could go unnoticed without leaving the house that would be best. After all, sounds of doors opening and closing in the middle of the night might wake and alarm someone. If nothing else, although it would be difficult to carry a fully grown man Tooth thought she could manage to bring him safely out the window and down to the ground if necessary.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 05:26 AM

Ivan nodded in understanding. The Tooth Fairy's explanation made sense. After all, if he remembered correctly, the oath was always taken in front of one of the Big Five- or it had been when he had become a Guardian- so it would make sense that they might all know who would chosen.

His brow furrowed. "In my experience, going to another room does not always help." He certainly could recall the incident with the Rabbit quite well and how Sarah Anne had woken up in the end nonetheless. "Going outside would be best, I think."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 06:17 PM

Toothiana gave a small nod at Ivan's answer. Vaguely she wondered what sort of experience he was referring to but given his situation of turning from toy to man each night it was easy enough to guess that he would have to be careful of waking people in the house every now and then. Especially if other visitors were involved.

"That's probably best," she agreed. "Can't be too careful when work involves being around sleeping people." Tooth could still remember a few cases of accidentally waking not just children but even the adults of the house. And although her meeting with Haley had wound up quite well in the end the Tooth Fairy wasn't keen on risking any sudden visitors brandishing bats again.

"Do you think you can make it out the door quietly or shall we take the window." She asked.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 12:38 AM

A mildly curious expression seemed to cross the Tooth Fairy's face. It did make the nutcracker somewhat curious. The source of her curiosity likely had to do with him, but he was quite sure that he had not said anything unusual. After all, his claim about experience seemed to be normal enough in his mind.

He nodded in agreement. No doubt she understood well. After all, her duties involved spending a fair amount of time around sleeping people, no?

Tapping his chin, he considered the question. He knew, to a certain extent, how big the house was. What he was not sure of was how light of sleepers everybody within the house was. It...probably would not matter. After all, his specialty was keeping quiet. Still, he would rather not take unnecessary risks.

"The window should work."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 05:10 AM

Toothiana waited as Ivan seemed to consider the options. While she was used to making her way in and out of homes unnoticed- even reaching underneath a sleeping child's own pillow- having an actual conversation was a little different. So she would leave it to the Nutcracker's judgement what would be best on how to go outside.

When he did decide on the window she gave a small nod and fluttered over to the window once more. Passing through the opening she waited, hovering outside she glanced down. The bedroom window was on the second floor of the house. Which meant while not a terrible distance it was a bit much to jump. She turned her attention again to Ivan waiting for him to approach the window.

"It's a bit of a drop," she said, "I can help ease you down safetly if you'd like?" Toothiana did not know the precise details of his abilities. Whether he would be able to make the jump of find a way to climb down or anything like that. So she would leave it to his choice but was ready to give him a hand and fly him down to the grassy yard below if needed.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Mar 1 2017, 05:35 PM

The fairy fluttered over to the window before passing through opening, hovering outside. At the Tooth Fairy's words, the Nutcracker Prince glanced down. It was not too bad of a jump. They were technically on the second floor. Theoretically, he could survive such a jump. Of course, it would be preferable not to do so. He did hate becoming damaged. It always transferred over to his toy form and he would likely have to get repaired.

Best to handle this the simple way.

He glanced up and offered her a smile. "I think I will be fine." His brow furrowed. "Though, you should probably move back." She might accidentally get hit, after all. He would hate if that happened.

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 05:27 PM

Toothiana waited as Ivan came to the window to gage the jump. After a moment he seemed to decide that he could manage. Fortunately even though they were on an upper floor the distance was manageable and there were no noticeable rocks or branches to hit on the way down or disrupt his landing. At his suggestion the she move back Tooth gave a quick nod and flew back a few feet to give him a clear jump. Making him worry about her being too near wouldn't help anything after all.

She remained hovering in the air a distance away from the window as Ivan moved to jump down. Once he had managed his landing she flitted down towards the ground where she came to hover beside the Nutcracker. "Are you alright?" She asked, searching for any sign of whether he had been injured or not.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 10:06 PM

For a brief moment, Ivan had considered just reanimating something that would be able to fly so that he could avoid jumping. However, the Nutcracker Prince quickly banished the idea. It was probably best not to catch too much attention, after all.

Jumping, he quickly landed. His legs groaned at the landing, a brief spike of pain shooting through him. He often forgot how fragile humans could be, especially since he had spent most of his lifetime made of wood. Pain was something he was normally not conscious of, even when he was broken.

Slowly, he straightened himself, giving a brief lookover. He appeared to be fine and without any damage. He glanced up at the Tooth Fairy as she spoke. He offered her a smile. "Yes, I believe so," he said, "Just a bit of pain, but that's to be expected from jumping out a window."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 11:31 PM

There was no obvious sign of injury as Ivan made his landing, straightening as Toothiana fluttered over to him. "That's good," she replied with a relieved smile when he confirmed that he was alright aside from a little pain. The Tooth Fairy was fairly sure magic of some kind would have to be involved if he made a jump like that without a little twinge at least but as long as it wasn't anything lasting that was good.

"Well, anyway, it is always nice meeting fellow Guardians," she spoke up after a moment, not quite sure what else to say. "Even if under...odd circumstances." She added shyly, rubbing her arm as she thought on the encounter back in the room. "How have you been doing- with everything going on in the war I mean?" She asked.

MOMO
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.