Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Picking Up Speed, tag Moon Rabbit
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 01:55 AM
Unknown • Egyptian Deity • Equilibrium • Egypt/Duat

Exactly who Tsar Lunar was became clear...and yet not. An individual who looked little older than a child toddled into the room; however, it was clear that the tsar was not a child. Despite the purity and innocence of his demeanor, he held himself in a way that only an adult- at least in name, no matter the age- would be able to. However, this also answered nothing about who the man was. Thoth knew nothing about this individual outside of a title that he could presume held a fair amount of importance. How much it held was hard to say. After all, he had known nothing about the Moon Clipper prior to this visit.

It was absolutely irritating. He had always been relatively...greedy when it came to knowledge. He liked knowing things and one of his greatest goals was to know everything. It was something that others would scoff at, but he cared little. To learn was, as far as he was concerned, a noble aspiration and something he was perfectly fine with wasting his life away doing. However, this attitude naturally meant that he was highly displeased at not knowing something.

It was unlikely that Khonsu knew this. Rather, he was probably trying to...tip to scales in his favor, so to speak, and not in the most subtle of ways. Whether he was at all successful with it he could hardly know. Still, irritation was hardly a reason to be rude, was it? Dipping into a respectful bow, he offered a greeting to the tsar. "Thank you for overseeing this game, Your Majesty." Probably a bit too formal, but he did not know the ways of the moon. Moreover, a thank you was at least one of the things he should be saying if Khonsu was going to drag royalty into this.

They had taken to their places. A withering look seemed to slip through the cracks of the politeness that Thoth had been directing towards the other deity? "Very well." He said. His gaze surveyed over the board. After a moment, he made his move.

What's a god to a non-believer?

MOON RABBIT | Carma | ....
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 06:24 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

To Khonsu, it was simple. As a resident of the Clipper, he had the upper hand in this situation – Tsar Lunar the Eleventh was surely a fair and just Tsar, but no one was perfect. Tsar Lunar had come to be acquainted with him, knew him for he lived upon the Clipper – while Thoth was a stranger. A guest, a visitor…surely he would intend to be fair in his judgement, but he would give the advantage to Khonsu unknowingly. And he could tell that it bothered Thoth, the God of Magic was perturbed, he could see. But, he said nothing – after all, there was no valid accusation he could possibly make. The rosy Tsar had done nothing wrong, and nor had he.

The Tsar did not speak words in response, simply raising a hand to each cheek, shaking his head, his single hair bouncing as he seemed to bashfully reject such formalities. He truly was a child at heart, was he not? Innocent and pure, but all the same he held a wisdom that Khonsu dared not question. He did, though, catch the hostile glance he received from Thoth – one which he returned with the politest of smiles and a nod. Of course, they were goading and false in nature. He waited patiently, hands clasped in his lap, as the man thought upon his move, only shifting as he looked upon the board. His move….

”Tell me, why is it you try so hard? Are you so thirsty for power?” he asked, even as he made his own move. It was, of course, a part of his own tactic, one of distraction. His mind was sharp – even throughout conversation, he was oft able to tune out the words of others, focusing solely on his task at hand. Was the same true of Thoth?
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
~|love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 07:22 PM
Unknown • Egyptian Deity • Equilibrium • Egypt/Duat

It appeared that he had been correct about his words being too formal. Nonetheless, he supposed that being too polite was better than being rude. People could become terribly delicate when placed in a position of where they thought someone was being rude to them. He had seen it more than once with a number of deities, as the lot could be terribly...sensitive.

Thankfully, the Tsar seemed to be less sensitive and more bashful. It was a far easier response to deal with, about as easy to deal with as Khonsu's rather disgusting behaviour. He was relatively sure that the other deity was up to something that went beyond trying to get favour. After all, revealing one's trump card early was a fairly poor move- not that it was a good move to begin with.

His eyes stayed upon the game. While they did not lift at Khonsu's words- he was a bit too focused for that, having such behaviour ingrained in him as the Scribe of the Gods- a visible shift in his body language could be seen. "Power?" He sounded genuinely confused and he trully was. Thoth saw little value in power. For most of his years, he had valued knowledge. Power...was useless. It corrupted men and felled kingdoms. A god was hardly immune.

Of course, he hardly had the best of intentions with this entire challenge, but he sought only to have Nut view him positively. Power had never quite come into his mind. The only reason he helped anyone was usually because he wished to have a positive relationship.

"Why would I want something so base?" His gaze shifted up slightly. "I only try hard because a lack of effort will leave Nut in the same position. That is unacceptable." His gaze shifted back to the board before he made another move.

What's a god to a non-believer?

MOON RABBIT | Carma | ....
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.