our story started in the depths of the universe, where fairytales were born from starstuff and dark matter -- spirits of light and darkness, humans and monsters, fantastical creatures and godlike entities. after the nightmare king destroyed the galaxial golden age, the haven many of them sought was the planet earth. in a postmodern 2023 world, after centuries of dormancy, the beings of folklore and myth have arisen to take two sides, fighting for stark control over the good and bad in the world while the situation spirals ever more out of hand. mortality and sentience are becoming stagnant, redundant, ever more indistinguishable from belief and imagination; it is up to the immortals to inject their individual concepts back into the world, tap into the hearts of children and adults and each other alike, and finally merge the worlds of mortal and magic into one cohesive whole.
founded upon the dreamworks movie rise of the guardians and the book series guardians of childhood. register your accounts in all caps.
custom forum structure by black @ code. miniprofile by breeze blocks @ shine. rotb was founded and created by daemon. rise of the guardians and guardians of childhood belong to william joyce and dreamworks animation. all other content belongs to its respective creator.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Cloudy Days, Tag Cirrus
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 08:18 PM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
The vibrant shine of the sun made Daisy’s insides feel warm and her face feel bright as she turned her head upward, her eye balls closed as she simply basked. It was a yellow day….at least for Daisy, and for her flower buds and the grass and trees too. She was lying flat in a bed of grass, her graspers gently brushing the grass blades as they whispered to her in the windy, wispy language of plants. When she was like this, she didn’t know exactly what they were saying. After all, girls didn’t speak flower. But she still felt their feelings and could smell their emotions just the same. It was easier this way...she could move around. Being a daisy was nice sometimes, she could speak directly to her buds, but it simply wasn’t convenient when she needed to move places! So, the nymph rarely reverted to flower form unless she really needed to.

The flowers here had called out to her when she was on her way by...she hadn’t intended to stop in this meadow, but the flowers had called out to her! Daisy didn’t much like to be rude and so to ignore them would have been truly terrible. Her two-lips turned upward and she let out a wispy sigh. ”You are all very healthy….I’m so glad….” She had heard that there was a bad thing….a bad thing that had happened recently, that made so many of the Guardians feel blue or even darker. She had smelled it….the icy cold stinging smell that came with bad things, that made children’s faces run with rain. It had all gone away now….the stronger of the Guardians had fought it all away...but Daisy had been fearful that perhaps her buds had been hurt. So far she had not come across any that had suffered.

Something shifted in the shining glow of the sun, turning Daisy’s vision to black. That...that was another thing….as a flower, she could see normally, but as a nymph, she had learned she was made incorrectly. Her eye balls didn’t work quite the right way...she never knew why, but, it didn’t bother her so much. She could perceive light, and she used her graspers and her nose to find her way around perfectly fine! She fell down upon her bottom sometimes, but still, she was not hindered at all! The nymph sat up, pulling her graspers through the long stringly silks on her head. She had heard something nearby, though she didn’t know quite where. Still smiling, she looked about her. ”I can smell you….it is okay, please come say hello!” she chirped. If there was a new buddy to be had….then she would be ever more glad!
coded by blair of shine & ooc

Allow me to translate Daisynese....."yellow" is happy, "blue" is sad XD CIRRUS
PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 06:03 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

Today, Cirrus was performing an inspection. She walked along through the very forests and meadows her clouds provided rain to, making sure they were doing a good enough job. Walking was usually a drag, but she loved taking these little strolls. They were an important part of her job, but they also allowed her to enjoy the fruits of her and her family's labour. She stopped routinely to smell the flowers, sniffing as many as she could without spending too much time in one spot. She felt the petals and stalks of some flowers, and simply gazed at others. Some, she would bend slightly and watch them spring back before bobbing her head in satisfaction.

Nothing escaped Cirrus' scrutiny, not even the grass. She plodded along, bare feet feeling the soft grass as she went. There were always so many things to watch out for that could be a sign of underwatering, such as dullness of colour and scent, droopy, thin petals or leaves, hints of brown around the edges, or dryness and brittleness. There were so many things to keep track of, but luckily anything amiss usually jumped out at Cirrus. Still, her job would be easier if she could only talk to the plants. What better way to do her research than to simply ask the flowers themselves? "How are you feeling today?" she asked a marigold, running her fingers over the soft red and yellow petals. No answer. That was okay, though, because she was sure they could hear her, at least. Most people thought clouds couldn't talk, and she disproved that every day, so it would be awfully closed-minded of her to expect anything different from the flowers.

With one finger, Cirrus gently pushed the marigold's stem, bending the plant slightly. She smiled as it bounced back easily, a sign of good health. Its petals were soft, its colours were bright, and - she buried her nose in it and took a deep whiff - it smelled exactly as sweet as it should. The cloud stood up, wiping a bit of pollen from her nose. That about did it for this area, but there was another meadow nearby that she needed to have a look at. She hopped into the sky, form shifting into that of a small fluffy cloud as she moved, just above the tops of the few trees that had taken root here and there. The trees could also be used to check the area, as damage to them could mean that there was some long-term damage that needed careful fixing. They looked fine, though, and she wasn't here for that today.

With a nice cool breeze, Cirrus was able to get to the other meadow in a short amount of time. She didn't even see the girl lying in the grass until the cloud was already over her, and nearly startled herself out of her cloud form when she saw the other. Curiosity mixed with wariness, and the cloud took her human form once again, choosing to hide behind a slender tree and peer around its trunk to see the girl in the grass sit up and look around.

"I can smell you... it is okay, please come say hello!" The girl could... smell Cirrus? Was that even possible? She sniffed her arm... nope, she didn't smell anything. She hesitated behind the tree trunk for a moment, then approached slowly. She took to floating a few inches above the grass, and stopped several feet away from the sitting girl, "H-Hello. I didn't expect anyone to be out here... I'm not bothering you, am I?"

CARMA
PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 01:42 AM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
The smell had gone a little red….not the big bright sort of red, but a fainter darker kind of scent that was touched with a little bit of black. Daisy’s two-lips were still upward but now she wondered if perhaps she had done something wrong...she had made the other figure uncertain, that wasn’t her intention at all! She remained still, waiting for the other to move first. That was probably better, after all if she had somehow managed to frighten this person then remaining still would prove that she was no danger. Finally, though, she could ear the slight brush - the telltale sound of grass being pressed into the earth beneath the feet of another.

The breeze which reached her was a shy one, spoken on a soft voice. Daisy thought for a moment, considering the words. ”Bother…” she repeated, her own breeze gentle. Certainly the soft voice had surprised her but to bother? She gave her head three very strong shakes, making her golden drapes fly wildly with the force. ”No no no no no! Daisy is not bothered. I am not bothered. But you smell bothered….whoa! Your smell is whoa! You were not expecting…” Daisy tilted her head fully to the side, shifting so that she was hopefully facing the other voice, the female voice, the girl. ”You did not think that I would be here and now you feel whoa. But it’s okay….” She plodded forward on her knees, but it was a slow pace for now. ”Daisy is friendly. And not bothered. Would you like….to join me?”

Is it too soon to ship it CIRRUS
PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 07:45 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus’ brow knit together in confusion. The blonde girl kept talking about her smell in ways that didn’t make sense to the cloud, and despite looking right at her several times, couldn’t seem to see her. Was the girl human? No, they were talking to each other, so that meant that… maybe her eyes didn’t work properly? Cirrus judged this to be true as the blonde – Daisy, she’d called herself? – seemed to orient on Cirrus’ voice.

Cirrus floated back a few inches on reflex as the girl approached. She claimed she was friendly, and was inviting Cirrus to join her… well, she had been working hard all morning inspecting the meadows, so a break did sound nice. Slowly, Cirrus lowered herself to the ground, and she knelt in the grass, hands resting on her knees. ”You said your name was Daisy? I’m Cirrus… and I thought you might be napping, so I’m glad I didn’t disturb you!” She knew all too well how horrible it was to be woken up from a nap. Cirrus got cranky when her naps were cut short, and that mood could stick around for hours. ”Were you...” the cloud girl tapped her fingers together, eyes wandering away from the blonde girl to the surrounding meadow, ”maybe watching the clouds?”

PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 10:17 PM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
There was a soft fwsh sound, which told Daisy that the other voice, the female voice, had decided to come closer. Though, now that she put some thought to it, she hadn’t heard any normal sort of approach, the soft stepping as grass was pressed into the earth underfoot...so then, this individual had only just now stepped upon the ground. Did she have wings? Daisy could only see the shadowy outline against the sun, vague flickering of light that told her something was there, but little else. They probably had beautiful wings, or perhaps floated in the air with magic.

Daisy’s two-lips widened and she bobbed her head twice. ”Daisy is my name! And yours is Cirrus...Cirrus…” She said it a second time, testing the name. It sounded different, not like the names of humans that she knew. But then if the female named Cirrus was floating or flying, then surely she wasn’t human. ”It’s pretty….but strange.” Pretty but strange….that was how she described such a name, Cirrus. It was very unusual but not in a bad way. Just as she imagined the owner of such a name msut be.

At the softly asked question, Daisy shook her head, then gestured towards the many little ones around them. ”No, but they were.” Her fingertips brushed against blades of grass and the petals of flowers. ”They watch the sky all the time, and they say that it was very pretty today. Daisy only sees a little bit….flickers from the sun. She doesn’t see clouds unless she’s resting.” When she was resting, she returned to her flower - and through the flower she could see the way others did. Daisy leaned forward, towards the girl with the voice and the strange but nice name. ”Do you like them? The clouds?”

PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 05:17 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus couldn’t count the times someone had told her that her name was weird, strange, or unique. No matter how they put it, her name just didn’t seem normal to them. She found it quite the opposite, as humans had come up with it themselves, naming the highest clouds in the sky cirrus clouds. So really, her name was as normal as the clouds in the sky. Apparently, types of clouds weren’t as common knowledge as Cirrus assumed, and so, her name would always be ‘weird’. Daisy was lucky to have a nice simple name, and it was just as cute as she was!

The cloud blinked at Daisy, tilting her head to the side. Was she saying what Cirrus thought she was saying? Here she’d been, wishing she could speak to flowers, and then she just happened to run right into somebody who could apparently do just that! Cirrus was a lucky cloud today, but she tried not to get too far ahead of herself. The girl could just be poetically referring to how flowers tended to face the sun. She’d met some tricky speakers like that before, so she’d ask just to be sure, when it was her turn.

Cirrus grinned, tilting her head to the sky, silent for a moment. ”I think you could say that I love the clouds more than anything else,” she said quietly, enjoying the warm rays of sun on her face as her clouds crept across the sky. There were few beings that Cirrus loved as much as her little wisps and fluffs, and even those few occupied different parts of her heart. ”They’re my children, you know. I created a lot of them myself, but the naturally formed ones see me the same way,” Cirrus explained, taking care not to sound boastful. Some beings liked to brag about their power and what they’ve done, but not Cirrus. Sure, she was a show-off sometimes, but that was different!

”They talk to me, too,” she shared, brown eyes leaving the sky to find Daisy again, ”just like flowers talk to you, is that right? You can talk to flowers?” The blonde girl had nearly said as much, but Cirrus didn’t like making assumptions about people, and her curiosity demanded satisfaction.

@DAISY
PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 09:11 PM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
Oh the smell had changed, it had become….a faint blue-white. It wasn’t the sort of blue that made faces rain and two-lips turn down, but the blue of silence and distant minds. Miss Cirrus was thinking, but what about? Daisy didn’t comment, because if the thought was for Daisy to hear, then she would have said it aloud. The flower nymph had learned not to pry, that it could make others become sour with her. It was difficult for her to understand that, after all she was so used to her friends and family sharing everything with her happily. But fauna were different creatures from herself, not quite so connected as flora were. But even then, this individual named Cirrus smelled like neither….

What was it, this Cirrus? She was a strange creature which Daisy did not understand. She spoke like intelligent creatures did, but she was neither of flora nor fauna….perhaps, was this a ghost? Had she encountered a spirit?

She listened as the spirit-girl spoke. The smell had shifted again, pink instead and warm. The smell of friends and good things, like roses. So the spirit loved clouds…..just as Daisy loved flowers….though, the nymph tilted her head fully to the side at hearing that the clouds were….her children. Not a ghost, then….but was it possible that this creature….was a nymph-like being like herself? Perhaps, a sky nymph? A cloud fairy? Did such things exist? She drew a deep breath, letting it out in an excited breeze, her fleshy branches spreading wide and then closing over her stalk as she swayed slightly, rocking a little. ”That’s right, that’s right! Daisy talks to flowers….Cirrus talks to clouds...Cirrus is like Daisy!” she blurted, clapping both graspers to the sides of her face. ”Daisy and Cirrus are the same….but for clouds...and flowers. You are the cloud Daisy! Only...” Daisy paused, letting her branches fall to her sides, gently brushing leaves and petals both. ”Daisy spreads herself thin, then when her flower dies, she becomes a seedling. Daisy stays the same, but lives inside a new body.” She tilted her head, once more, a morose tone coming to her then. ”Do clouds die?”

She thought for a moment, tapping her second-lip twice.. ”Daisy asked a very blue question just now….if Cirrus does not want to answer she does not have to. Alive friends are much better to talk about!”

@CIRRUS W.....well that got suddenly.......sad
PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 06:12 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus smiled at Daisy’s apparent excitement over the two of them being the same. She felt the excitement too, but it was rather muted. On a day like today with relatively few clouds in the sky, Cirrus found it difficult to get too excited about anything, and often spent them working or napping. She was glad she hadn’t gone with the latter this time, or she wouldn’t have met her new friend.

The conversation took an unexpected turn, leaving Cirrus wondering how Daisy’s mind had gone down that path so casually. Her own thoughts often detoured in strange directions as well, but not usually towards death. Maybe it was a regular part of this girl’s life, meaning it wasn’t as difficult a topic as it would be for other beings. Cirrus didn’t mind so much, understanding the feeling of being tugged along by curiosity, and the question didn’t really bother her anyway. It was just a little out of the blue, that was all.

”That’s alright,” Cirrus assured, her voice gentle, ”I don’t mind ‘blue’ questions,” she said, unsure what the blonde meant by that. She really didn’t mind, though, and turned her face back to the sky to watch a big fluffy cloud roll by. She smiled at it. ”Clouds can die in a few ways,” she started, keeping a light tone through the heavy topic, ”as they get old, clouds start to lose their shape. They either split apart to join other clouds, or they’ll fall to the ground as fog, then the sun will take them away.” It was the natural order of things, and had happened ever since the first clouds formed. Clouds that died this way didn’t truly die, they were merely recycled back into the ecosystem. ”But not all fog is like that,” she clarified, ”sometimes we just like to come down to visit!” She gave Daisy a cheery smile, feeling lucky that she got to come down here to visit any time, and not just on chilly mornings.

”Anyways, another way is by pollution,” Cirrus continued, her voice losing some of its cheer. Pollution felt awful as a cloud, making one feel sick and dirty all over, with worsening effects depending on how polluted it was. Whenever she picked up pollutants, Cirrus often felt as though she was being choked by the toxins. ”Smog and exhaust are the big ones. Clouds get infected with all kinds of bad stuff, and it can sometimes be rained out, but if there’s more pollution than cloud…” she trailed off, letting Daisy put those pieces together. It was a worsening problem as humans advanced, but that was part of why she was here. She would replace what the humans destroyed.

There were other ways too, including magical means and Cirrus’ own abilities, but she decided not to bring those up. She didn’t even want to think about that storm witch again, and how close her clouds had been to losing themselves to her magical storm.

”I bet you know how much pollution hurts,” Cirrus commented, knowing how bad humans were for throwing their trash anywhere they wanted, or dumping their strange liquids in fields and lakes. Flowers were delicate, and Cirrus had noticed that in dirty areas, the flowers were the first things to wither and die. ”What did you mean by your question being blue?” she asked, still not quite understanding how a question could be associated with a colour.

@CARMA it ok
PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 11:40 PM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
Daisy felt as though she could shine truly when the cloud mother Cirrus said blue....she had only been parroting what Daisy had herself said, but still, it was so rare for anyone to catch on to her words! They were Daisy words, for her to better understand, and because she liked colours a lot. She didn’t see them, but the idea of colour was very beautiful. Blue was the colour of rain, that was what Daisy had been told. When children rained, it was an unhappy thing, so blue, to Daisy, was unhappy. Yellow was the sun….and the sun was good and warm. To other people her words were strange, but it seemed that cloud mother Cirrus understood!

It was good that she didn’t mind the question though, because to Daisy it was just something very simple….an idle curiosity. But lots of creatures didn’t like those sorts of things. They weren’t nice questions. But for Daisy it was easy...death was just a part of the circle of life. It wasn’t bad, or blue, it simply was.

Daisy listened intently, pushing herself forward and leaning in a bit to listen better. So then….clouds could die. Splitting apart to join other clouds….it sounded a little bit like how a flower made its seeds, and those seeds spread out to be new flowers. But fog...she never would have thought it was like that! She always liked the way fog felt. It was something she could smell and feel, like being wet but on dry land. She nodded at the clarification, her smile getting wider. ”I will say hello to them when they come down.” she made a quiet vow, mostly to herself.

The mention of pollution made Daisy also feel more blue, mixed with a bit of ick green. She could smell it on Cirrus too, a bad smell on her emotions. Pollution was a horrible thing...no one tried to make it happen, but it was there, because sadly, humans didn’t understand the things that they made were hurting the world around them. She let her lids fall over sightless eyes and nodded slowly at the question that Cirrus asked. ”It hurts a lot of my friends. They get sick. They have a very fragile health...but they make lots of babies so they can keep surviving.” She tried to make her two-lips turn up again but it didn’t feel right. ”Flowers get to keep living in their seedlings. Memories stay with them. It’s like being reborn, in lots of different bodies.”

Daisy thought for a moment about the question of….blue. She tilted her head to her side, then to the other side, just because she liked making her hair sway, before looking toward the voice of Cirrus. ”Blue is like rain….and when people rain, it means they feel bad. So blue...is that feeling. Blue is the feeling you get when you rain.”

@CIRRUS She doesn't know what that means Daisy....
PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: May 11 2018, 01:02 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus nodded along as Daisy talked about her own problems with pollution. It was truly sad that the careless acts of humans could cause so much pain, both to her own clouds and to Daisy's flowers too. Cirrus wanted to help, but she wasn't sure how; the problem was too big for her to tackle on her own. She supposed that in her own way, she was already helping, providing clean clouds to deliver clean rains, to help wash away the icky stuff and keep the flowers healthy. Even if she couldn't do that, it sounded like the flowers had their own way of dealing with the problem. Cirrus knew that while fragile, flowers were also capable of spreading quite quickly, and that was their solution. Clouds tried to clean themselves out, and flowers simply multiplied away from the problem area.

Daisy's answer to Cirrus' question only brought the cloud more confusion. "Rain is... bad?" she repeated, not sure where Daisy had come up with that. Cirrus loved the rain, it always made her feel so energetic and happy, and she thought flowers loved rain too, the way they danced as the drops hit their petals, and how bright they turned after a fresh spring rain. Daisy was saying blue was a bad feeling, leaving the cloud increasingly confused. "I don't get it," she said in a small voice, frowning, "you don't like rain?"

@CARMA today on "Lost in translation"
PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: May 18 2018, 12:47 AM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
Rain bad….no, that wasn’t quite what Daisy was saying. Rain was good….when it came from the sky. But when it came from eyes...then it was bad. Fauna only rained from their face when they were unhappy or angered...strong emotions made them rain. But it wasn’t like sky rain. Sky rain was good and healthy, and refreshing for flora and fauna both! But how to say that….how to tell the cloud….

She pressed her two-lips together, moving slightly forward, toward where she thought the cloud was. Then, she sat up taller on her stalks. She wasn’t sure how big the cloud was, if she could be seen where she was, so she made herself taller by extending her stem as much as it would go. Then with one limb she unfurled her fingers, bringing them up to touch beside her own eyes. She drew a line down her face with her first finger, and made her two-lips point down. ”Rain like this is blue. That’s the bad rain.” She let herself sit back again, reaching up with the same hand to point high, high up above, the down-lips turning up again. ”Rain from there is good! Daisy loves the rain. It tastes good, and makes her and her friends very healthy and bright! There is nothing in the whole world better than rain!” She hesitated, squinting her eyes. ”Except friends, and family, and feeling warm.”

They were very important! But, now, she was wondering….it wasn’t usual for clouds to come down to talk, was it? So then...was this...bothering? She hoped she wasn’t pestering the cloud. Daisy let her bent stalks swivel around to her side, her limbs resting where the stalks connected at the base of her stem. ”Is Daisy distracting Cirrus from work? Daisy doesn’t mean to be trouble!”

@CIRRUS They're!!! So!!!! Pure!!!!!
PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: May 21 2018, 03:38 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Luckily Cirrus wasn't left to assume what Daisy meant for very long, as the blonde inched closer and tried to explain. She was getting rather close, now, but Cirrus didn't really mind. Invading personal space was kind of her thing, and she certainly didn't mind when others did it to her. Being close was one thing, and getting bumped into was another, however, so Cirrus got ready to let the blonde pass right through her, should she continue edging closer.

She watched the other girl stretch out and draw a finger down from her eye, noting that her fingernails were... flower petals. Cirrus wanted to reach out and touch them, they looked so soft, but she restrained herself. She understood better now what Daisy had meant, though, thanks to her example. So crying was blue, so blue meant sad? It was a difficult thing to accept, as blue meant the opposite for Cirrus. Blue was the colour of the sky, her home, and was a very happy colour for the cloud.

"Whew, you had me worried for a second there! I'm glad you enjoy our rain so much~" she smiled again, greatly enjoying their conversation. It wasn't often she met another who enjoyed and appreciated life's simplest pleasures. "I agree! Friends and family are very important~" She left out the feeling warm part. Cirrus liked to bask in the warm sunlight as much as anyone else did, but that was a different kind of warmth. That was the warmth you felt only on your face, or only on your back, but being surrounded by too much warmth made Cirrus very uncomfortable.

Her demonstration complete, Daisy settled back into the grass, her knees just barely an inch away from Cirrus' now. Oh, right! Her work! She'd gotten so wrapped up talking to Daisy, she'd forgotten what she was doing! "I'm taking a break, actually!" It hadn't been a planned break, but she also hadn't planned to meet a new friend out here. "But I was actually checking the flowers and grass and stuff today, making sure they're all getting enough rain! Maybe you could help me with that~"

@CARMA

PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 10:36 PM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
It was so very different, to imagine that the colour blue was considered so differently between the two girls. Of course, Daisy loved sky-rain….it was so yummy! But, the colours of feelings that Daisy had made weren’t about the sky, or the things in the sky...because, she hadn’t ever thought of it like that! But, rain from the sky was blue too, wasn’t it? She had always thought of human rain as being the most terribly unhappy thing, so blue had seemed the right colour...but...perhaps that was different for different creatures.

Oh, it was lovely to compare!

Daisy bobbed her head on the spot, long golden strands bouncing just slightly as she did so, her two-lips wide in a big smile. ”I do, I do! It’s very good and helpful for me, and for my friends, and my family! It brings yummy nutrients to us that we couldn’t soak up without you! You help us so so much!” She dipped her head, smiling brightly. ”So thank you very much!”

It felt good, to thank the maker of the rain that helped her and other flora so much!

She listened, quietly, as her friend - because, Cirrus was definitely a friend now - told her what exactly it was she had been doing. The flower nymph’s eyes widened, bugging from her head. ”You were checking on us….?” She swayed slightly in place, making a high, soft noise in her throat like a coo, like the birds did. ”That’s so sweet of you! Of course I would like to help!” She glanced skyward, toward the bright bright light. ”If you can help me find mushrooms...then I can link directly to everybody here and ask them myself! Like this I can’t see….but it’s easier to move around!”

@CIRRUS This is so cute....
PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 01:47 AM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
"Ah~ you're welcome?" Cirrus didn't often receive praise for her job - most people dismissing it as not even a job - and didn't really know how to take it. She felt a bit embarrassed by it, especially since her clouds really deserved that praise. She smiled through it though, unable to stop, as Daisy's own smile was quite infectious.

"What? That's amazing!" Cirrus blurted, unable to believe that the job she'd planned on doing all day could be finished in just a few minutes, and all they had to do was find some mushrooms! "Let's go find some!" she chirped, grabbing Daisy's hand as she shot to her feet, giving the flower girl a good tug to help her up. Cirrus barely gave the other girl time to find her feet before she was taking off in search of mushrooms, arm behind her to pull Daisy along.

After only a moment of running, the cloud's steps started to slow, then stop as she made a realization. "Um," she started, releasing Daisy's hand and turning to her, "where are we supposed to find mushrooms?" She had no idea.

@CARMA
PM
^
☽ DAISY
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 06:57 PM
Carma
2/3 AGE
82 POSTS
Daisy
Kindness
Ireland

I will try
to fix you
Daisy was buzzing, truly, at how excited her new friend Cirrus seemed to be! Lots of creatures didn’t know, but flowers and trees had a special friendship with mushrooms, and mushrooms were really very amazing things. She knew that fauna ate them, and some other fauna stomped on or uprooted them because they didn’t like them,and that last part made her particularly blue...they were very beautiful creatures with an absolutely incredible social link. Fungi were the most amazingly sociable and helpful creatures she knew,and it was that helpfulness that she was going to tap into! They had a very special and important connection to plants all over that was called the mycelium network.

She let out a surprised breeze as she was pulled up by one of her branches, two-lips going wide as she was pulled along. Her stalks wobbled a bit beneath her, but the tugging cloud kept her moving forward, even if it was shaky at first. She was able to figure out what was underneath her, and how much she needed to move her stalks to keep balanced. They were moving much faster than normal, and she could feel the threads atop her head start to move, dancing in the wind! She-

-collided right into the other girl, letting out yet another surprised breeze, wrapping her free branch around the other girl quickly to make sure that she didn’t topple backward. But only for a moment! She released her swiftly, once she was sure she had balance again. There was a question from the cloud, about where to find them...where to find the mushrooms….

”They like dark places, and trees. You can find them down here!” she pointed down at her own roots,wiggling them in the soft grass. ”where it’s darker and easy for them to hide. Also rocky places. But the ones we want the most are the ones in the trees! I can talk to them, and they talk to each other and tell me all about everything. Mushrooms are really connected to nature and can tell you a lot if you talk to them!”
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES
skinned by lauz @ shine.