Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Magic and doubt, FG / Kay
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 07:27 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The night was over. So was most of the day. They had fought the darkness and they had prevailed, for now. Kay was sure that vanquishing the monster under the bed was not a definitive victory, but merely a small bright moment in a long war to come. And yet, he allowed himself to feel pleased about it, for now. One child was safe, and her Belief still bright, after she had been rescued from the scary thing under her bed by three Guardians she believed in (or... two and a half, but anyway).
Today was a decent day.

Kay and Desi spent some time patrolling the area, making sure no other creatures of darkness lurked nearby. The rest of the night had been quiet, and so was the morning. They were not very far from the forest lands where he and Merlin thought about starting up New Camelot, so Kay wanted to make sure he learned as much about this region, its creatures and Believers, as he could. It was pleasant to do so in Desiree's company. The bubbly, overly enthusiastic magical woman, he had to admit, was growing on him.
Which opened up a whole new line of thoughts.

It was afternoon now, and they had reached the edge of the town. Kay paused, looking at his companion.

"So... I believe that is it. It seems like all the children are safe from harm. For now."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 07:58 AM
A Good Few • Fairy • Wishes • Secret Garden

Wish it...Dream it...Do it

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true
They had done it. Another night had passed where darkness – real darkness – was kept at bay and, really, Desiree couldn’t have been any prouder of herself or her comrades in arms. Indeed, she was still practically buzzing with excitement and enthusiasm, even hours later. Of course, that was in no small part to the presence of her knightly friend, to be sure. She had always enjoyed his company, of course, but there had been something pleasantly thrilling about going into battle with him. She’d known he was the perfect compatriot when she’d felt that summoning need and she’d been more right than she’d have expected. It was rather wonderful.

So too had been spending the day with him. Patrolling, officially, but that had largely become unnecessary when they surrendered their posts to the light of day and the sunlight hours had a distinctly more…intimate…feel. Companionable, as it were. That is, it felt more leisurely, lacking in the proud obligations of their work as Guardians. And that was quite a nice feeling, don’t you know? Time spent with Kay was always…well, it was time well spent. Yes.

The sun had passed overhead and was making its way westward by the time their rounds came to an end, bringing them to the edge of the city and to the conclusion that, with the Bed Beast banished, all else was well. At least for the time being, to be sure, and that certainly was a win. Rocking on her toes a bit – for, truly, she still felt as energized as she had during their battle and was exponentially happier now that it was over – the fairy gave her knightly friend a warm, beaming smile, nodding at his words.

”They are, yes, and isn’t it simply wonderful, good sir?” Reaching out, she took hold of his hands, bouncing in place a bit. “We make a wonderful team, wouldn’t you agree, Kay?”

To: TAMMY || Words: 317 || Notes: So excite.
girlwhowaited @ (shine)(cttw)

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 09:41 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The danger was gone, for now. The town was peaceful and normal-looking (as normal as towns in this era could look to someone like Kay), and people did not even realize the kind of battle that had gone down the night before. That was kind of the point, after all. Making the world go on like the Darkness never existed.
Desiree had a lot of excess energy. Kay was beginning to understand that that was just the kind of person she was. She did not have a bounce in her step; she had a bounce in her everything.

>>”They are, yes, and isn’t it simply wonderful, good sir? We make a wonderful team, wouldn’t you agree, Kay?”

Only Desiree could use 'wonderful' twice in two sentences and make it sound genuine. The senechal smirked and nodded in agreement.

"I believe that our powers complement each other quite well, yes" he noted "I think... if a similar danger arises in the future, we may... face it together again. If you would be willing, that is."

For someone who recognized lies in people, Kay took his time getting to some points he was trying to make.
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:17 AM

He thought so too! As Kay voiced his agreement, Desiree’s already overflowing enthusiasm increased a hundredfold and she beamed at the knight, her wings fluttering in excitement. “Oh, don’t they though? I’m not normally a combative sort, mind you, but I’ve been in a scuffle or two. I’ve always managed to hold my own, but, well…I’ve never felt quite so…hmm…capable…as I did fighting with you, don’t you know?” Giggling in a way that would have embarrassed her if she wasn’t so pleased, the fairy latched onto the knight’s arm and leaned against him in an odd sort of embrace, still sort of bouncing on her toes, humming all the while.

She quieted, however, as he continued and her nose scrunched a bit at the deliberative tone in which he spoke, using quite a lot of words for someone usually so direct. For a long moment, she simply stared up at him, blinking as his words sank in. He wanted…to fight alongside her again?

Desi squeaked – succeeding in embarrassing herself this time, though that didn’t prevent her from giving the arm she’d captured a sturdy squeeze – and a blush spread across her cheeks as she dropped her gaze, feeling oddly shy all of a sudden. “O-of course I’d be willing to, Kay. That is what friends do, don’t they?” As quickly as she had looked away, she glanced back up at him, wide-eyed and earnest. “We are friends, after all. Aren’t we?”

To: TAMMY SIR KAY || Words: 241 || Notes: Is it a date? I think it’s a date.

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:24 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Kay, as usual, was telling the truth. Their powers, as unlikely a combination as the two of them were, fit together in combat very well. He could make her stronger, and she was wielding powerful magic to begin with. Against opponents like the monster under the bed, magic booted with his abilities was a very valuable weapon.

>>“Oh, don’t they though? I’m not normally a combative sort, mind you, but I’ve been in a scuffle or two. I’ve always managed to hold my own, but, well…I’ve never felt quite so…hmm…capable…as I did fighting with you, don’t you know?”

She held on to his arm and bounced with excitement, wings fluttering and eyes twinkling. She was all energy, and Kay blinked, feeling a little flustered, as she leaned against him. The look was mirrored by her as he mentioned that they should fight again together in the future.

>>“O-of course I’d be willing to, Kay. That is what friends do, don’t they? We are friends, after all. Aren’t we?”

Friends. Yes. He was friends with a bouncy, excitable, exuberant magical woman who made his head swim more often than not. Honestly, she was more than a little distracting, the way she blushed and smiled. Go figure. Kay did not have many friends.

"We are. And I thin, because of that..." he paused, looking down at her. There was one thing in the way, and if they were going to work together, he had to take care of it "I think you can remove the spell now, Desiree."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:54 AM

Her knightly friend had many virtues that Desi had come to value. He was brave and loyal and even his stubbornness was the sort that could be admired, don’t you know? It wasn’t the unyielding sort, but rather, the sort that got things done. He was really quite dependable. But his crowning glory was, by far, his honesty. It came across bluntly in his words at times, but Desi liked how he just seemed to…wear it. Especially in his face.

As such, she noticed – eventually – how he got a little uncomfortable with how close she was. It was…kind of cute, actually, just how old fashioned he was. Which…made sense, to be sure, given that he was, in a way, old. Just a tad timidly, she put some space between them once more, though she was not quite ready to release his arm. Not until she heard his answer, at least, as silly as that was.

We are. A sigh escaped the fairy, happy and relieved. They were friends; he wasn’t just putting up with her because they were both Guardians or because she could help him - somehow - with his quest to rebuild Camelot. It was nice to hear and, really, she hadn’t realized how worried she had been that…maybe they weren’t.

He looked down and she smiled up, her jubilance bubbling back up once more…only to disappear immediately, replaced by confusion at his next words. “Spell?” Her brow furrowed and she tilted her head, scanning his features for some hint of what he was talking about. “What spell?”

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 260 || Notes: What’chu talking ‘bout, Kay?

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:08 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>“Spell?... What spell?”

For a fleeting second, Kay felt annoyed. He did not know Desi to be coy, or to lie. He expected that from most magical women, really, but not the fairy godmother. She was just not that kind of person. The next moment he could tell that her confusion was genuine... and in a way, that was even worse. Did she honestly not realize what she was doing?... Could magical women use spells like second nature, without realizing it? Kay's brow furrowed. Now he had to explain. It was not exactly easy to put into words in a way as to not hurt her feelings. Kay did not usually bother with that last part, but Desiree... he did not want to see her hurt.

"Whatever it is that makes... um, makes someone..." he sighed "Lord, you probably don't do it on purpose. It is some kind of a spell of attraction?... You don't need it. And it is distracting..."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:36 AM

Something flashed – briefly – in his eyes that made her flinch. She didn’t understand…had she done something wrong? She’d known Kay to be exasperated with her in the past at times, but this was different. And sudden. And…then just…gone. Replaced with something…contemplative? She wasn’t quite sure; it was many things, maybe? All she knew was that she was very confused and Kay was…not frustrated, but something similar. But also, softer? She didn’t know.

Once again, he was using a lot of words, dancing around whatever he was trying to say. And she didn’t know Kay to be a dancer, don’t you know? “…Kay?” She really wished he would revert to his blunt and direct self, so she could know what in Creation he was talking about. He really wasn’t making any…

All at once, Desiree froze, save for the creep of crimson that washed over her skin, turning her face into a brand that burned hot. “A-“ He might as well have been made of molten iron, as quickly as she released his arm. Her eyes were wide, pale saucers in a sea of red, visible for only a moment before her hands rose to cover her face and she sank into a crouch, folding on herself just a bit. “N-no, no. I-I don’t do that kind of magic.” Attraction. He was talking lo- That meant…didn’t it? Squeaking, she shook her head and her wings fluttered frantically. “I…I can’t do that kind of magic.” God, why was everything so hot, all of a sudden?

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 253 || Notes: This dweeb

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:46 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The way Desiree turned crimson, Kay had the impression she was getting ready to magically transform into a tomato. Her eyes widened, staring at him in complete bewilderment before she proceeded to fall apart.

>>“N-no, no. I-I don’t do that kind of magic.... I…I can’t do that kind of magic.”

Kay's shocked expression matched her own as Desiree covered her face, her wings frantically fluttering. Was she... what? Embarrassed? Kay could tell she was telling the truth. He detected no lies in her words - which meant that she really could not have placed a spell on him, voluntarily or otherwise.

But then...?

But then I just told her that I find her attractive.

And it was not a spell. It was all him.

Kay stared at Desi for a long moment; she had crouched down, trying to be as small as possible. He was at a complete loss of what to say, or do at this point. Kay lowered himself onto one knee to get a better view at her, despite her burying her face in her hands, and cleared his throat.

"I am sorry, Desiree. I should not have accused you."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 11:15 AM

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear lord. Desi knew she was being stupid, behaving childishly. An idiot child, at that. She knew that because her brain was telling her that. But her brain didn’t really have much sway in the chaos that was…everything else. And, even if it did, no amount of logic could refute that things had gotten very big, very suddenly.

There was no denying it. If Kay thought she had cast a lo-…lo-…’spell of attraction’…no…logic was out. Just the thought of what that meant…it made her stomach flutter more than her wings and set her heart to racing, its staccato beat drowning out any calm voices of reason. He liked her.

His voice at her level made her jump, which in turn made her squeak again and sent a fresh wave of crimson into her cheeks. Still…she summoned up her courage, which seemed to be rather scattered, don’t you know, and peeked out at him from between her fingers. He looked…well, not as embarrassed as her, because that simply wasn’t possible, but rather flustered too and that…actually helped a bit. His words were heartfelt, too. She could see it in his eyes, for the split-second she held them before averting her gaze.

Slowly, she lowered her hands, bringing them around to hug herself as a shy smile crept onto her features. “No…it’s fine. I, um…I…” Had no idea.

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 231 || Notes: This dweeb…still

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 11:26 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

She jumped and squealed as Kay spoke, and she looked like she was about to burst into flames. She peered at him from between her fingers, and slowly managed to get a hold of herself. Kay, on his part, watched her, both embarrassed about the whole situation he had caused, and worried about what she thought about the whole mess. And him.

>>“No…it’s fine. I, um…I…”

That... was not very helpful. She had not placed any kind of a spell on him, so on top of accidentally revealing his thoughts about her, he had also accused her of... bewitching people to like her?

You are a bloody moron, Sir Kay.

"It was my mistake. I don't..." he did not usually feel like this. Sure, Camelot had a lot of pretty women, and he had not lived like a monk his whole previous life, but... romance was just not something Sir Kay did. And he certainly did not expect anyone to expect him to. He was not exactly a likable person.

"Look, just... just ignore what I said. You don't have to..." say anything. It was probably for the better. She did not have to politely let him down, or whatever knights tended to expect in such a situation. He knew that he was not exactly a catch for someone like her.
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 11:54 AM

She’d felt like she was catching fire and her thoughts and feelings certainly acted like it. But, gradually the mortified burn cooled to a warmth that was…rather nice, actually. It was kind of fluttery, like butterfly wings in spring. It was still a chaotic sort of feeling, but…in the good way. Kind of…happy. She liked it.

A mistake…ignore it. He sounded so…dejected. And frustrated with himself. She…she didn’t want that. “An honest one.” Just like everything about him. Everything she liked about him. She didn’t have to… Slowly, she unfolded and a hand reached out, settling lightly on his forearm. Crimson still stained her cheeks, rosy and warm, and she turned towards him. “What if I…what if I don’t want to ignore it?”

He liked her; more than friendship. And that thought made her feel warm. It was unexpected, but that didn’t mean it was bad. She liked it…she liked him. A lot. “Kay?”

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 154 || Notes: Just a fairy, sitting in front of a knight…

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:39 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The whole thing had been a mistake. Leave it to Kay to become friends with a fairy godmother, despite all odds, and then discover that he was attracted to her in the worst way possible. What a blunder. Arthur and Gawain would have laughed their behinds off at his expense. This was the entire reason why he was not a man of romance. It just did not suit him.

>>“An honest one.”

She put a hand on his arm. Desiree was the kind of person that touched others as easily as she talked; the small gesture jolted Kay out of his thoughts as he looked at her. She was still blushing, but she did not seem angry with him.

>>“What if I…what if I don’t want to ignore it?... Kay?”

Kay's brow furrowed again, as he tried to find an explanation for what she was saying. The whole thing was messy and confusing, and took time to process, especially if he did not want to end up putting his foot in his mouth a second time.

"You don't?..." he blinked, then let out a sigh "Well, in that case... I have to warn you, I am not exactly as romantic as other knights of the court..."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:18 PM

Kay was lost in thought – that was only fair. Everything that had happened…it was just as sudden for him. Maybe more so? But what wasn’t fair was how grumpy his thoughts seemed to make him. It was different from his usual scowl, to be sure, and she didn’t like it. Whatever happened next, he was her friend and she couldn’t stand to see him troubled. Especially when there was no cause for it.

He responded to her touch, shifting to look at her and she gave him a warm smile that evolved into soft giggles at his look of confusion. She just couldn’t help it; him being confounded by something she did or said was much more familiar than the emotions he had been wearing before. And, honestly, looked better on him as well. Smiles were still her favorite, though.

The implications of her admission seemed to surprise him – it surprised her, too, but the more she thought on it, the more right it felt – and his sigh felt heavy…guarded. Did he…really want her to pretend none of this had happened? No, that wasn’t it…

Ah, romance. The mere mention of the word had her cheeks going redder and she ducked her head, brushing a renegade curl behind her ear and taking his hand in hers. For all the relationships she had helped nurture over the years, she didn’t actually have much in…first-hand knowledge, as it were. “And I’m hardly a refined lady. I…don’t think that matters? I enjoy spending time with you and I hope you like spending it with me?” And that seemed pretty romantic to her.

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 269 || Notes: What is love?

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 08:49 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

She was still blushing, and tucking a curl behind her ear. Her hair was always escaping in all kinds of curls that made one's hands twitch to smooth them out of the way. Or at least so Kay felt. Instead she reached out and held his hand, not at all deterred by his admission that he was not a man of romance.

>>“And I’m hardly a refined lady. I…don’t think that matters? I enjoy spending time with you and I hope you like spending it with me?”

"Lord help me, I do." Kay sighed with a small smile, admitting defeat. He was still scarcely believing that he would feel this way towards a magical woman, a fairy, out of all the people. The irony was not lost on him "We should... probably get up." He stood, pulling her with him by the hand. He was at a loss of how to proceed from here, so he held on to her hand, quietly waiting for one of them to have a better idea.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.