our story started in the depths of the universe, where fairytales were born from starstuff and dark matter -- spirits of light and darkness, humans and monsters, fantastical creatures and godlike entities. after the nightmare king destroyed the galaxial golden age, the haven many of them sought was the planet earth. in a postmodern 2023 world, after centuries of dormancy, the beings of folklore and myth have arisen to take two sides, fighting for stark control over the good and bad in the world while the situation spirals ever more out of hand. mortality and sentience are becoming stagnant, redundant, ever more indistinguishable from belief and imagination; it is up to the immortals to inject their individual concepts back into the world, tap into the hearts of children and adults and each other alike, and finally merge the worlds of mortal and magic into one cohesive whole.
founded upon the dreamworks movie rise of the guardians and the book series guardians of childhood. register your accounts in all caps.
custom forum structure by black @ code. miniprofile by breeze blocks @ shine. rotb was founded and created by daemon. rise of the guardians and guardians of childhood belong to william joyce and dreamworks animation. all other content belongs to its respective creator.

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Lilies Laced Upon a Pond, Plot with Ninianne
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Oct 24 2014, 03:31 AM
Lady Archive
1600 AGE
801 POSTS
Lady of the Lake
Justice
Avalon

Friends

user posted image

Ninianne might initially seen reserved but she is open to making friends, she just usually tends to be polite and formal when first meeting people. It might take some time to get her to relax and just be openly friendly with someone so anyone looking to befriend her will have to work through that stage first. She will always be polite from the start though unless someone gives her reason not to be (caught in the act of doing something bad, for example). Even with formal manners and reservedness Ninianne is still a loyal and caring friend, who will gladly be there to help whenever a friend is in need. She cares about justice for everyone and will be especially determined to protect those she is personally close with. And of course, taking her role as Guardian very seriously she will always be kind and helpful to children and even adults.

Enemies

user posted image

The quickest way to become Ninianne's enemy would be to do some injustice and show no remorse for it or present kind of threat to children or childhood in general. While she does believe there should be consequences for any wrongdoings she still believes in forgiveness and will be willing to hear a person out and forgive them if they acknowledge their mistakes and are genuinely sorry for them. So anyone with remorse and/or making an effort to make amends for wrongs will not be considered an enemy for Ninianne. She might still want to see some sort of consequence or at least an action to try and repair the damage depending on how bad the crime was. More likely she may want to try and help them on the road to redemption. Similarly, members of the Court of Shadows will not automatically become her enemies, she does believe in getting to know someone before passing judgement. Especillay since learning that her sister joined the Court she knows (or at least hopes) that some people have been manipulated and misled to join the Nightmare King and are not inherently evil themselves. However, given that this is a war she will be a little more wary of someone if they reveal themselves to be a Darkling.

Romance

user posted image

Ninianne is in fact in love with Merlin, though she has only just recently come to realize that her feelings are something more than friendship. And even then has her doubts about whether the wizard feels the same for her. This means that she won't be falling for anyone else, however characters are welcome to join the club of trying to get her to actually admit her feelings.

Miscellaneous
  • I'm always up for past threads if you are interested in someone having a long standing relationship (be it friend or foe or anything in between). Ninianne remained firmly in/on the banks of the Thames river from the time she became immortal up until the fall of Camelot (roughly between the 400's to 500's). After the fall of Camelot she traveled around more, slowly making her way throughout England and eventually neighboring countries. It likely was a few centuries before she got beyond Europe. She spent a lot of time around leaders, so lots of royal courts in the past, but she did believe in helping all people as much as she could. As long as a mortal believed in fae and/or Arthurian legend they could see her.
  • As listed above anyone is welcome to either help or hinder her in acknowledging and admitting her feelings for Merlin. (Though currently in the midst of a plot that will be taking a step forward in that regard)
  • Anyone that wants to have any kind of relationship (friend/foe/aquaintance...probably not romance she died at 12 yrs. old) with her little sister Nimue and then have some sort of interactions with Ninianne relating to it. Ex: Court of Shadow members rubbing the tense feelings in her face, others trying to help bring the youngest Tamesis back to the light, etc. (Note: any such plot should also be run by Katrina playing Viviane Tamesis
Associated NPCs

Silvius: An elf who was raised in the faerie realms but chose to settle on Avalon. He has nature related magic and serves as the ferryman of Avalon. He is typically very polite and kind but anyone who insults him, Avalon, or anything/anyone associated with it will be met with a sharp tongue and possibly some magical mischief.

Nimue Tamesis: Youngest sister to Ninianne and Viviane and Anti-Guardian of Doubt. Is also adoptable, see want ad.
PM
^
MORGANA LE FAY
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 07:14 AM

>>
<<
So~

These two need to meet. I think it would be the first time they'd ever met officially? Ninianne would probably be more likely to recognize Morgana straight away than Morgana would recognize Ninianne, seeing as how the Lady of the Lake wasn't featured in Morgana's revenge plots. >___> But as soon as she realized who Ninianne was, she'd get a bit grumpy. She still holds that grudge against the Pendragons, and would have NO REGRETS about her hand in Camelot's downfall.

Their interaction would fall apart pretty quickly, and it'd be beaauuuutiful~ \o/
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 01:15 PM
Lady Archive
1600 AGE
801 POSTS
Lady of the Lake
Justice
Avalon

Morgana and Ninianne

I can definitely see this being their first time actually meeting. We could say Ninianne might have glimpsed Morgana either while she was traveling past the Thames (maybe part of the court traveling to one castle or another, either Lot's or Arthur's court whichever you think more likely) or if Merlin kind of sensed that something was up with Morgana he might have talked about it to Ninianne and used his magic to show an image of her or something like that. As for Morgana figuring it out, if Ninainne appears out of the water or something that might get Morgana thinking about how she heard of a Lady of the Lake and Ninianne does tend to introduce herself with her title since not a lot of people are not likely recognize her name nowadays.

I was kinda thinking it might be interesting to play around with Ninianne not really expecting Morgana to re-appear. You mentioned Morgana returning to her studies after Camelot fell so do you think it would be possible that a lot of people kind of started to think she just died at some point because with her studying and use of glamour and illusion less and less accounts of anyone meeting her were coming up?
PM
^
MORGANA LE FAY
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 02:28 PM

Morgana & Ninianne

Hrm, it would make sense if Merlin sorta figured that there was tomfoolery going on with Morgana, since he WAS a pretty powerful wizard in his own right. And he may have been one of the few that wasn't distracted enough to notice the sudden shift in her personality, and would probably find it suspicious. XD But since they had a war to fight, and he had no real evidence, he couldn't do much other than confide his fears in Ninianne.
Ninianne appearing out of water may make her a bit suspicious, though she may mistake her for a plain ol' water spirit at first. >_> If Ninianne was angry with her straight away, she may begin to piece things together. It's been a while since she's had someone confront her about her role in the fall of Camelot.

... >3> Ooo~ That could definitely work. Morgana did retreat from the world, yeah, and she was even more of a hermit after people lost the ability to see her thanks to belief. She wanted to work out a way to use belief in her favor and all. So it'd make sense if people thought she died, since she wasn't putting in appearances. This'll be a nasty shock for poor Ninianne.
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 02:57 PM
Lady Archive
1600 AGE
801 POSTS
Lady of the Lake
Justice
Avalon

All of that sounds good to me. Which just leaves the question of where and who should start. Ninianne could be almost anywhere though maybe the water forum would work best in the interest of giving Morgana the clues to put Ninianne's identity together. As for starting, I'm fine either way but if I start it might take awhile since my computer time will generally be short amounts of time and very spread out over the next few days.
PM
^
MORGANA LE FAY
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 03:00 PM

I'll try to get a board up as soon as I can manage it. :V That way, the scene will be set for Ninanne to intrude upon, and their rivalry towards each other can begin.
^
MORGANA LE FAY
 Posted: Nov 15 2014, 09:22 PM

^
Merlin
 Posted: Dec 29 2014, 07:39 AM
Merlin is N/A

Ninianne and Merlin

This is going to be an amazing/tear jerking reunion in my book.
I am thinking of Merlin out by a river tending to some trees and flowers. Just relaxing and enjoying himself when Ninianne appears and then we go into what I described of Merlin just being speechless, falling to his knees crying, and appologizing to her for failing Arthur and Albion because of his weakness.
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Dec 29 2014, 02:47 PM
Lady Archive
1600 AGE
801 POSTS
Lady of the Lake
Justice
Avalon

Merlin and Ninianne

That sounds perfect to me, and yes so amazing and so many tears for their reunion. Do you have any preference of who should start? I'm find either way.
PM
^
Merlin
 Posted: Dec 29 2014, 05:27 PM
Merlin is N/A

I can start it. Ill have Merlin out for some quiet relaxation and then you can show up and blow his mind.
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Dec 29 2014, 07:10 PM
Lady Archive
1600 AGE
801 POSTS
Lady of the Lake
Justice
Avalon

Sounds good, just let me know whenever it's set up. :D
PM
^
MERLIN
 Posted: Jan 1 2015, 02:22 PM
MERLIN is N/A

^
ERION GEMINORUM
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 03:49 AM
Spotteh
N/A AGE
77 POSTS
N/A
N/A
N/A

Ninianne & Erion

For whatever reason, I feel like these two could get along pretty well with each other. I could see them having nice long chats along the river front. That's just my opinion though. I would like to see how well these two might get along though.
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 03:48 PM
Lady Archive
1600 AGE
801 POSTS
Lady of the Lake
Justice
Avalon

Erion and Ninianne

I definitly think they would get along. Did you have any specific ideas for the meeting or just a sort of in the same place at the same time type of thing? If it's the latter do you have any preference on who should start and/or invasion status?
PM
^
ERION GEMINORUM
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 04:06 PM
Spotteh
N/A AGE
77 POSTS
N/A
N/A
N/A

I was thinking about that last night. He lives in southern France near the Garonne river so part of me thought it might be interesting if they met during one of the spring floods in the area. because I'm horrible and his house is just a little too close to the river Just a nice natural disaster to make things interesting. I have no preference at all about the invasion thing.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES
skinned by lauz @ shine.