Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Under pale moonlight, Tag Gin~
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 12:50 AM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Somefing was changin’.

Somefin’ abahht th’Gahhdian ov Knowledge an’ th’Gahhdian ov Innocence wan’t quite th’same as’t had bin when they fihhst met vat one time. Usually, when ‘e called her ahht ter meet, it was….leahhnin’ an’ maybe some tea or somefin’ ter hit th’spot aftehh. They ‘ad made somefing ov a routine ahht ov’t, sah vat vese days Gin almost knew righ’ away wot th’plan was for th’week. Bu’ well….ter be honest she’d got a lot bettehh at defendin’ hehhself - nae ter mention vat match wiff Snow was helpin’ quite a bit ter git her pahhers up an’ runnin’ wiffahht his help. Ter be honest….she was at a good place righ’ nahh fer a Gahhdian. Sides, it wan’t like she was gonna be on th’frontlines - she din’t need ter be able to fight Pitch ‘imself or nuffing.

Th’Gahhdians as a whole….wehh in a good place. Ov cahhrse, th’peace they ‘ad was prob’ly ahhnly temporary - bu’ all th’same he wan’ed ter take advantage ov’t as long as ‘e could. Sah while ‘e had called Gin ter meet wiff him, vis time….it wan’t about leahhnin’ anyfing - at least, nuffin’ ter do wiff a fight. He could hahhdly put away th’desihh ter leahhn - bu’ ravver he wan’ed ter take Gin somewhehh special, somewhehh vat she migh’ like. Nae ter leahhn, specifically, jus’ ter….visit. He din’t usually take anyone ter th’Moon Clippehh - some ov th’uvver moon deities tended nae ter be sah fond ov’t, havin’ theihh homes distuhhbed. Bu’ once in a while’t was fine - aftehh all vey brought theihh ahhn mates along time ‘n again. Thehh ‘ad bin vat one time Foff was brough’ ter th’moon ter challenge Khonsu. Vat ‘ad bin an adventure ages n’ ages ago.

Fer nahh, Douglas was waitin’ at theihh usual spot - a nice cafe vat sehhved some ov th’best, richest coffee, if ‘e had ter say so. He was waitin’ at one ov th’tables on th’front patio, lookin’ for vat familiahh Victorian getup vat had gone ahht ov style long, long ago. She’d show up soon enough - ‘e was shore ov’t. If thehh was one fing ‘e knew abahht Gin, it was vat she was rahhely if evehh tahhdy.
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Let's get this date on the road. |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 11:03 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Virginia liked routine.

It made life dependable. Sure, things were likely to happen unexpectedly, and present challenges, but that could hardly be avoided in life, or as a Guardian. She often had to improvise on the spot when her abilities were called on, or when a child's innocence was in danger, and she did it with professional confidence. She was less adept at handling confrontations, and people whose attitude was vastly different from her own - but it was a part of being alive.
Still, she would take routine where she would get it. She liked to be organized. And the regular meetings with Douglas, the training and the conversations and the tea (or whatever he was drinking) added a sense of comfort and security to her days. As different as the two of them were, somehow they worked together; Virginia felt less self-conscious around the Guardian of Knowledge than she had logical reason to be. She found that she was looking forward to their meetings. It was definitely a friendship.

Douglas was already at the cafe when she showed up, walking down the sidewalk in her usual attire, feather on her hat bobbing up and down. Their last training session with Snow had gone well, and she had a bounce in her step, curious what would happen next. She glanced around, noting that Douglas was alone this time, and greeted him.

"Good afternoon" she smiled, wondering if he had another training session in mind, or whether they were going to spend research time in the Librarium "What will it be today? The pen, or the sword?"

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 23 2017, 02:25 AM

Vis was gonna surprise th’poor bihhd. An’ ter be honest Douglas was lookin’ fahhwahhd to’t. Sah far, ev’ry time he called Gin ahht ter meet, thehh was a specific intent be’ind it - usually trainin’ or uvverwise porin’ o’er books. Bu’ vis time he jus’ wanted ter hang ahht. She’d leahhned quite a bit ahht ov him, an’ ter be honest she desehhved a social visit. It’d honestly bin a while since Douglas felt...comfahhtable ter have social visits wiff anyone; thehh wehh a very small numbehh - mostly’t was jus’ Snow vat he hung wiff vese days. Vis time….well, ‘e had an idea as ter hahh ‘e an’ Gin were gonna spend theihh time n’ it had nuffin’ ter do wiff trainin’.

Cahhrse, ‘e had th’two ov them meet at theihh usual spot fihhst fing - had ter give th’illusion they wehh gonna go ter theihh usual routine. Jus’ ter make’t a little bit ov a trick - it was hahhd ter hide vat pahht ov himself, th’trickstehh, ‘t always wanted ter come ahht.

He gave a quick once-o’er ov Gin - nae really hidin’ it at vis point, he kinda jus’ appraised ‘er vese days. An’ hey, nae a bad sight if ‘e was bein’ honest, she was elegant n’ cehhtainly lovely ter look’t. Vat feathehh on ‘er hat was a bit chahhming e’en if’t was a tad silly. Aftehh all, wearin’ a feathehh on ‘er cap was almost a remindehh vat she was a bihhd wan’it? Bu’ ven it was pahht ov th’style ov th’time. He stood then, an’ smiled. ”Aftehhnoon.” Thehh was a slight widenin’ ov his smile. ”As fer which….Ahhll let ye figger vat ahht fer yerself once we get ter th’location. Bu’ Ahhm gonna need ye ter take me hand, yea? Th’place Ahhm gonna take ye, it ain’t anywhehh ye’ve bin afore n’ ter get thehh ye need ter ‘old onta me.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Tricky tricky |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Feb 28 2017, 04:16 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Douglas seemed... excited about his plans, but reluctant to share them with Virginia. From his smile she assumed that he thought the mystery was great fun, and the lady reminded herself that Douglas was, for all his attractive qualities, still a trickster at heart. She knew he would not do anything cruel or untoward to her, and she had learned to trust him over the course of their friendship... and yet she had a somewhat hesitant reaction to mysteries and surprises. Virginia liked to have things planned and organized. Or at least named.

After a moment of hesitation, Virginia place a gloved hand in Douglas' palm, a lot larger than hers. She was not quite sure what he meant by "holding on" to him, but she at least was not as scandalized by the familiar touch as she should have been. Smoothing her skirts down with her free hand, she prepared herself for whatever threshold they were about to cross. She found that there was a spark of curiosity behind her hesitation as well. The last time Douglas had taken her somewhere new, the Librarium proved to be a rather pleasant experience. She hoped this new place would be to her liking as well. She gave Douglas a small smile and a nod.

"Very well then. Lead the way."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 10:41 PM

Thehh was defin’tly a sense of uncehhtainty in Gin - but ov cahhrse vat was wot ‘e expected. She was a bit ov a plannehh at heahht - liked ter have fings exactly as she expected vem ter be. Which was ov cahhrse wot made vis whole fing a bit unusual - exactly wot made Gin come ter be friends wiff Douglas, th’Gahhdian ov Knowledge an’ Rabbit Spirit Gah’tsoh th’Trickstehh, well it had ter be somefing real strong vat kept her from hatin’ him. Guess it was his pehhsonal chahhm. Must be a real gent if she seemed ter like him despite th’fact vat he represented everyfing vat was cahhnter hehhself - knowledge ter innocence, spont’naety ter ohhganization. Yea he represented a lot vat went against hehh.

Opposites attract, wan’t vat wot they called’t?

He took hehh hand slowly, hehhs was much smallehh van his an’ if he wan’ed ter he could prob’ly completely envelope hehh hand wiff his. He intehhtwined theihh fingehhs, bu’ vat was….not enough. He moved a bit closehh, puttin’ his uvver hand on hehh shouldehh. Vis way he could hold hehh steady. If’t was anyone else he might ov put his ahhm arahhnd her instead - bu’ vat was a bit ter fohhwahhd wiff Gin. A bit ter much jus’ yet. ”Jus’ hold on fer nahh.” he breavved, his voice soft, quiet. An’ ven he closed his eyes, pullin’ Gin in jus’ a little bit. ”An’ don’ move if ye can help’t.”

Thehh was a light, suddenly, from up above vem. Douglas looked up wiff a grin. ”Ye can enehhgize anytime, mate.” Then, thehh was a flash ov white - an’ a sudden tingling sensation. Everyfing stahhted ter disintigrate arahhnd th’two ov them, as they boff wehh transpohhted ter th’Moon Clippehh’s main transpohht room. Douglas din’t let go, even when th’two ov them re-emehhged. ”Suhhprise. Vis is th’Moon Clippehh. Vis is whehh I spent a good numbehh ov thahhsands ov yeahhs ‘fore I came back ter Eahhth ter become a Gahhdian. Welcome ter th’moon. Fihhst fact ov th’day, it’s actually a ship disguised ter look like a moon.”
you can count on me
Tricky tricky |love, libby

TAMMY (Also MOMO we were gonna have Eros spy on this whole thingaling, if you had a particular way you wanted him to get involved, let us know otherwise we'll just tag you when the unresolved tension starts to rise XD)
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Mar 4 2017, 01:21 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

There was a sense of unusual familiarity as Douglas pulled her into his personal space; closer than she was usually comfortable with, unless they were sparring or doing other exercises. Virginia was confused for a moment, but she had already resolved to go along trusting him, so she did not resist.

>>”Jus’ hold on fer nahh. An’ don’ move if ye can help’t.”

Virginia closed her eyes too, following his cue. Now they were standing face to face, unusually close, and in a last moment of complete trust and surrender, she was also voluntarily blind. Whatever was going to happen next? Virginia found that she was holding her breath, as she could see a bright light even through her eyelids, and a tingling sensation all over her body, not unlike the one she usually felt when shifting into her avian form.

>>”Suhhprise. Vis is th’Moon Clippehh. Vis is whehh I spent a good numbehh ov thahhsands ov yeahhs ‘fore I came back ter Eahhth ter become a Gahhdian. Welcome ter th’moon. Fihhst fact ov th’day, it’s actually a ship disguised ter look like a moon.”

Virginia opened her eyes, blinking in awe, and glanced around; her hand was still in Douglas', momentarily forgotten as she took in his words, as well as their surroundings. This... was completely unexpected.

"We are... on the Moon?" she repeated, letting out the breath she had been holding, and her cheeks blushed pink with dawning excitement as she turned back to look at him, half expecting that he would laugh and say it was just a joke. "... Truly?"
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 8 2017, 11:04 PM

He’d bin a little unsure abahht vis whole fing - if Gin would take’t pahhticulahhly well vat ‘e was holdin’ hehh vis close. Vat was scandalous wan’it? Bu’ she seemed ter….mm, well he din’t know if she din’t mind ‘xactly - bu’ she din’t complain. Vat was a bettehh way ter put’t. Still ‘e did wot he could ter respect Gin, vis wan’t somefin’ she would ov normally bin awrigh’ wiff - it was prob’ly jus’ vat she was familiahh enough wiff him. Sah soon’s they wehh able, he let his grip slacken jus’ a bit an’ backed off - bu’ still held hehh jus’ in case, cause people tended ter trip up a bit when fihhst showin’ up on th’Moon Clippehh. Ahhtificial Gravity was good n’ all bu’ it was still a bit unsteadyin’ at fihhst.

She seemed some’at beside hehhself when she came abahht, jus’ holdin’ his hand gently n’ lookin’ arahhnd. Th’moon - well ov cahhrse she was gonna be a bit shocked. Vis wan’t anyfing wot ye migh’ expect ter find up in th’sky. Doug grinned, noddin’ ‘is head. ”Vat we ahh. Nae wot ye fought it would be, nn? It ain’t made ‘a cheese eivver. ‘Spite wot some folks ‘ud have ye believe.” Still holdin’ onter Gin’s hand, he stepped dahhn off th’transpohhtehh. ”Vis was whehh I lived ‘til I was a Gahhdian. Moonbeam came dahhn one day, wan’ed ter choose a new protectehh ov th’Moon an’ a storywritehh; it was between meself an’ Ma’ii, an’ I got chosen. Vis place is whehh all th’recohhds ov stories I wrote is. E’en my ahhn.” He let go ov ‘er hand ven, leadin’ th’way ter one ov th’doohhways.

”I reckon ye could call vis a visit ter me hahhse, in a way. Bu’ I wan’ed ter show ye arahhnd. Thehh’s all kinds ov stories writ in vese databanks, includin’ me ahhn. I wan’ed ter write yer story Gin, an’ I figgehhed I migh’ as well have ye hehh for’t. Hahh’s vat sahhnd?”
you can count on me
Basically he took you to his house. |love, libby

TAMMY~
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 04:28 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”Vat we ahh. Nae wot ye fought it would be, nn? It ain’t made ‘a cheese eivver. ‘Spite wot some folks ‘ud have ye believe.”

Virginia scoffed a little; as a former schoolteacher, she had never put much stock in claims like that. She knew Douglas was joking, but she was too busy taking in the fact that she was not... on Earth... anymore to reprimand him for it. They stepped off the platform that brought them up to the Moon, and she finally remembered that they were still holding hands. With a slight blush, she let go.

>>”Vis was whehh I lived ‘til I was a Gahhdian. Moonbeam came dahhn one day, wan’ed ter choose a new protectehh ov th’Moon an’ a storywritehh; it was between meself an’ Ma’ii, an’ I got chosen. Vis place is whehh all th’recohhds ov stories I wrote is. E’en my ahhn.”

"You spent all that time... alone?"

The question kind of just slipped out on its own. She tried to imagine what it would have been like to live on the Moon. For thousands of years... it was impossible to imagine such a time span, or having to spend in on the Clipper, far above the Earth. It was even more difficult for Virginia to try to picture Douglas alone up here. He was a friendly person, sociable... like most tricksters were, even as Guardian of Knowledge. She wondered what it had been like for him.
He led her to a door and she followed, wondering what else he had to show her.

>>”I reckon ye could call vis a visit ter me hahhse, in a way. Bu’ I wan’ed ter show ye arahhnd. Thehh’s all kinds ov stories writ in vese databanks, includin’ me ahhn. I wan’ed ter write yer story Gin, an’ I figgehhed I migh’ as well have ye hehh for’t. Hahh’s vat sahhnd?”

Virginia blinked in surprise at the question.

"My story?..." she trailed off, looking around. Stories stored in the moon, written by the Guardian of Knowledge... even as a Guardian herself, she had to admit it sounded like some kind of a fairy tale. But his suggestion that he would write hers... "I am afraid it is not all that intriguing... And you have already heard most of it." she pointed out, still looking around to take everything in.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 02:04 AM

Well he hadn’t bin complainin’ abahht th’hand holdin - ter be honest it was somefin’ vat e’en friends did, sah why’d it have ter mattehh between th’two ov them? Bu’ ter be shore ‘e did catch a goot glimpse ov vat flush on ‘er cheeks - it was hahhdly a bright scahhlet, bu’ it was wohhth th’peek all th’same. Subtle flushin’ - poor fing was embarrassed. Cahhrse, ‘e kind ov liked ter tease hehh - he’d bin kind vis time thahh. Much as ‘e liked ter see vat blush it was hahhdly in good spohhts ter embarrass ‘er sah badly in his ahhn home. ‘E wanted ter show hehh arahhnd fihhst.

Ahh- but th’fihhst fing she had ter ask sahhrt ov threw ‘im fer a loop. Ravver….’e had expected somefing else. A question pehhaps ov...wot she expected ter find ‘ere, somefing like vat - bu’ instead she fought….’e had bin alahhn. An’ he supposed vat...was a touchin’ question ter be asked. Fact he din’t have an answehh righ’ away. Fer a second thehh ‘e looked like a deeh in th’eadlights, jus’ starin’, blinkin’ real quick. Bu’ finally he managed ter colelct ‘is wits, smilin’ a small smile an’ shakin’ is head. ”S’nae as lahhnly up ‘ere as ye migh’ fink it is.”

Wiff an ‘and he gestured ahht arahhnd ‘imself. ”Truff be told I was hahhdly th’fihhst person ter live up hehh - I jus’ got brought onboahhd. Thehh’s plenty ov moon gods an’ goddesses vat live ‘ere - nae ter mention th’moon mice, lunahh moths, an’ ahh pickehh ov Gahhdians ‘imself, th’Man in th’Moon Tsahh Lunahh. An’ besides - I ‘ad th’stories ov all sahhrts ov people ter keep me comp’ny.” Bu’ thehh was a twinge ov regret in ‘is voice; ‘e missed Ma’ii deahhly, ter be honest. An’ ov cahhrse...wot ‘ad happened had split them apahht. They wehhen’t bruvvers ‘nymore.

She seemed taken aback ter be asked ov hehh ahhn tale. Gin really din’t fink hehhself ter be vat much ov an impact on th’lives ov uvvers, did she? Vat was a shame; ‘e ravver fought she ‘ad somefin’ special vat most din’t look at - th’fact she wan’t a fightehh bu’ despite vat still chose ter stand up. She ‘ad courage an’ discipline. ”Dahhn’ be silly, bihhd. Yer story’s jus’ as impohhtant as any. I dahhn’ find any one bit abahht ye borin’, luv.” ‘e walked up ter one ov th’consoles, pressin’ a few keys wiff rapid fingehhs as ‘e brought up th’story ov Mothehh Goose, th’Gahhdian known as Katherine. Next ‘e brought up th’tale ov Snow White, th’Huntsman, Santa Claus an’ th’Toof Fairy. Each ov theihh texts was thehh ter read.

”Each ov vese is impohhtant - each Gahhdian ‘as a story. An’ we have ter make shore vat story gets carried by someone. Sah I’d like ter heahh yours, from th’stahht, ter th’end. An’ I’ll record’t all, righ’ hehh.”
you can count on me
Basically he took you to his house. |love, libby

TAMMY~
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 03:21 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”S’nae as lahhnly up ‘ere as ye migh’ fink it is... Truff be told I was hahhdly th’fihhst person ter live up hehh - I jus’ got brought onboahhd. Thehh’s plenty ov moon gods an’ goddesses vat live ‘ere - nae ter mention th’moon mice, lunahh moths, an’ ahh pickehh ov Gahhdians ‘imself, th’Man in th’Moon Tsahh Lunahh. An’ besides - I ‘ad th’stories ov all sahhrts ov people ter keep me comp’ny.”

"Oh." Virginia suddenly felt embarrassed about assuming that Douglas had spent all that time up here alone. That was silly, when she thought about it. There was no reason others could not visit the Moon, especially if it was within their purview; the Tsar watched over the Guardians after all. Her first reaction to Douglas' story had been gravely misguided in its assumption. He did not seem to mind, however; in fact, he moved on to talking about adding her story to the others, and found her initial response silly as well.

>>”Dahhn’ be silly, bihhd. Yer story’s jus’ as impohhtant as any. I dahhn’ find any one bit abahht ye borin’, luv.”

Boring might not have been the word she used... but Virginia never thought about her life, or her Guardian duties, as anything else than doing what she was supposed to do, and attempting to do it decently. It was surely not worth making a fuss about, like the gods and heroes of of old with their adventures, or other Guardians with their battles against the darkness... some of them she recognized as Douglas brought them up on the screen.

>>”Each ov vese is impohhtant - each Gahhdian ‘as a story. An’ we have ter make shore vat story gets carried by someone. Sah I’d like ter heahh yours, from th’stahht, ter th’end. An’ I’ll record’t all, righ’ hehh.”

Virginia nodded, not having anything else to bring up against his request... but she hesitated about it anyway. "You mean... now?" she glanced around. It was still hard to wrap her head around being on the Moon, surrounded by strange things and old stories that were all so familiar to Douglas, but alien to her. She was aware that he had taken her to his home - or as close to his home as he had. "Is that why you brought me here, then?"
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 01:15 AM

She seemed ter take a bit ov time finkin’ abahht wot ‘e said - din’t seem ter expect vat he actually ‘ad any comp’ny. Which ‘e supposed was faihh - most din’t fink abahht th’moon as bein’ a place vat had a faihh lot ov people livin’ on’t. Bu’ when ye took a momen’ ter considehh all th’myffs vat had some sahhrt ov lunahh deity, thehh was a lot more van ye migh’ fink. Douglas ‘ad hahhdly bin alahhn - shore ‘e wan’t wiff th’people ‘e called his family or anyfin’, bu’ he had companions, uvvers vat lived on th’Moon Clippehh wiff th’Lunanoff mite. ‘E had hahhdly bin alone - bu’ din’t blame ‘er for finkin’ vat. E’en if she seemed a touch embahhassed by vat. Poor bihhd.

He was quite serious ‘bahht wantin’ ter write dahhn Gin’s story thahh. She migh’ nae fink vat wot she did was all vat impohhtant, bu’ it was wot all th’Gahhdians did - togevver - vat added inter one single force vat protected all child’ood. Shore wot she did wan’t seen as much in her ahhn eyes, bu’ ven neivver was’t to uvver Gahhdians. It was ahhnly when ye put’t all togevver vat ye could see jus’ hahh much ov an impact vey ‘ad. An’ besides, Gin was more impohhtant van she fought - protectin’ innocence ov children was an ‘uge deal. Vat innocence was wot kept th’magic alive in a lot ov ‘em - whehh Douglas’ ahhn puhhpose…’t was almost th’opposite - enlihhtenment brought wiff’t realities vat some fings dahhn’ work th’way they do in faihhytales. Ter obtain knowledge was ter pass off vat innocence.

Douglas relaxed, leanin’ against th’console as Gin seemed ter git all flustehhed again. He gave a nod an’ a smile. ”I fought nahh would be an awrigh’ time. If yehh up ter it.” Cahhrse vat was a bit ov a low blow - ‘e sahhrt ov brought ‘er hehh wiffahht givin’ her any context ter wot ‘e wanted - bit ov a trickstehh’s old habits ‘e supposed. Thehh was a bit ov a cheeky look vat passed ‘is face as he looked her o’er at vat last comment, n’ he shook his head. ”Vat’s pahht ov’t, bu’ nae. I jus’ wan’ed ter show ye mahh place. Nae fer any special reason, jus’ fer fun. Fought ye migh’ like th’view from up ‘ere.” He gave anuvver, subtlehh smile vis time. ”Wan’ ter take a look arahhnd?”
you can count on me
Let's go for a walk. |love, libby

TAMMY~
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 11:15 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>> ”I fought nahh would be an awrigh’ time. If yehh up ter it.”

Virginia was quiet for a moment, before she asked her next question. She had not expected to do... something like telling her life story. It sounded easy enough a task - she had been there for all of it, after all - but the moment it became something to do, she realized that she was not sure where to even start. So she asked Douglas another question instead. Partly to stall. Was this why he brought her to the Moon? Maybe it was another of his ideas that were part of her training?... Virginia felt a small pang of disappointment, and she was not even sure where that came from.

>>”Vat’s pahht ov’t, bu’ nae. I jus’ wan’ed ter show ye mahh place. Nae fer any special reason, jus’ fer fun. Fought ye migh’ like th’view from up ‘ere. Wan’ ter take a look arahhnd?”

He offered her a way out, and she was grateful for it. For... fun? Virginia had never really been invited to a man's "place" before (the offer not being respectable in her social circles), and definitely not for "fun", but she was slowly getting used to Douglas' sudden ideas.

"Yes. I would love to." she nodded with a small smile. She was indeed very curious about the view from the Moon. Douglas led her out of the archive room and up to what was, for all intents and purposes, the main deck of the Moon Clipper.

The view... was truly breathtaking. It did not feel like the clipper was moving at all, not like normal sailing ships did; and yet the view below then rolled majestically by, like a giant glass globe full of miracles, against the backdrop of a sky full of stars. Virginia's face showed pure wonder; she stopped when they stepped out on the deck, and placed a hand on her chest in a gesture of surprise. She never imagined she would see something so magnificent, in her lifetime of after, and she was at a loss of words for how to say so.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Apr 13 2017, 03:07 PM

Thehh was one fing abahht keepin’ th’stories ov th’Gahhdians alive - abahht writin’ dahhn theihh stories ter somewhehh vat vey wouldn’ git fohhgotten...some jus’ wehhen’ sah good at talkin’ abahht vemselves. An’ he knew vat was true ov Gin - least ‘til ye got ‘er talkin’ abahht somefin’. If she wan’t gonna stahht talkin’ abahht hehhself jus’ yet, ven he’d stahht by wahhmin’ her up sah ter speak wiff somefin’ a touch easiehh. Bu’ ven e’en vis was a bit ahht ov ‘er usual comfohht zone. Prob’ly back in her day it’d be called scandalous e’en.

Bu’ ven thehh was a bit ov fun to’t, indulgin’ in jus’ a bit ov scandal...cahhrse ‘e wouldn’t say vat ahht lahhd or she’d lose ‘er head.

He led th’bihhd ahht ov th’main ahhchive, takin’ her up ter th’main deck ov th’Moon Clippehh. Vis was th’moon vat they ‘ad all seen from sah far away back dahhn on Eahhth’s suhhface. E’en ter Douglas th’view was spectaculahh - ter someone who lived on th’bloody Moon Clippehh as long as ‘e had.He stood next ter ‘er, smilin’ dahhn at th’stahhs vat moved by ‘em. Ter th’naked eye, back on Eahhth it din’t look like th’Moon was movin’, bu’ in truff it was movin’ jus’ as much as th’Eahhth itself. It was jus’ such a vast body vat ye din’t see’t sah much - cept vat wiffin th’cahhrse ov th’yeahh ye’d see th’moon in different pahhts ov th’sky, slowly waxin’ an’ wanin.

‘E stood righ’ next ter her, almost shouldehh ter shouldehh - bu’ he gave ‘er jus ‘a touch ov space between th’two ov em. ”Thehh’s somefin’ special abahht’t, innthehh? N’ I say vat as someone who’s seen’t neahh thahhsands ov yeahhs. It’s a view vat stays new each time. N’ if ye cahh ter heahh’t...I ‘ave a story ter tell ye, abahht th’stahhs fahh an’ wide. Abahht th’people vat once lived on those stahhs. Eahhth’s nae th’ahhnly planet vat had life, ye know.”
you can count on me
Let's go for a walk. |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 02:44 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

They stood side by side, admiring the view that was completely new for her, and something he had seen thousands of times. Virginia was enchanted by it; it was a strange sensation, as if her heart was expanding somehow, as the world she imagined to be a bubble around her suddenly proved to be an endless universe of marvels. It was terrifying and exciting at the same time, and she was not sure what to do with it. For the first time, even the corset she was so used to felt like confinement for all the things she wanted to breathe in.

>>”Thehh’s somefin’ special abahht’t, innthehh? N’ I say vat as someone who’s seen’t neahh thahhsands ov yeahhs. It’s a view vat stays new each time."

"It... might be the most amazing thing I have ever seen." Virginia admitted, blushing a little at saying something to utterly silly. When did she turn into a girl swooning over the stars?... Her hand was hovering over her corset as she sighed.

>>"N’ if ye cahh ter heahh’t...I ‘ave a story ter tell ye, abahht th’stahhs fahh an’ wide. Abahht th’people vat once lived on those stahhs. Eahhth’s nae th’ahhnly planet vat had life, ye know.”

The Universe was... endless. And filled with other people. Virginia never realized how small her life had been, even as a Guardian who could fly and travel the world. She inclined her head to look up at Douglas as he told her that there were other planets, other stars... and other people. Or had been, anyway. The feeling that she was floating had little to do with being on board of a lunar ship.
He had been living with... this, this view, this knowledge, this feeling of smallness, for centuries. It made her think of the Guardian of Knowledge in a different way. She exhaled slowly, still a little breathless from the grandness of it all. If she was going to stand here by his side, she had to be able to handle the knowledge as well.

"I would like to hear it."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Apr 21 2017, 07:39 PM

She liked th’view. Cahhrse, ‘e knew vat she would. Thehh was sah much ter enjoy abahht’t, sah much ter see. It was….th’wohhld, plain an’ simple, th’greatest view ov th’wohhld ye could find. Unless ah’ cahhrse ye could travehhse space itself. Vis was th’next best fing. He tuhhned wiff a soft smile ov his ahhn n’ nodded. ”I fink yer righ’ thehh. It’s got ter be th’most lovely view. E’en ter me, n’ I seen it fer th’last thahhsands ov yeahhs. Vis is wot I came ter love...n’ it’s still beau’ful.” It was all th’truff; e’en thahh he saw vis neahhly ev’ry day, it wan’t somefin’ ye could jus’...git o’er; th’view changed ev’ry time, an’ ye saw differnt details wiff each viewin’. ‘T was always a new experience.

Bu’ she seemed ter be ready ter listen….ter heahh his story. Gin….was ready ter listen. It wan’t a happy tale, bu’ he was ready ter tell’t all th’same. Aftehh all….’t was impohhtant fer all th’Gahhdians ter know vis tale, ter know th’truff ov wot happened, ov whehh th’Nightmahh King came from. ‘E gave a short nod, takin’ a moment ter prepahh ‘is foughts. ”It’s a long story, sah I’ll give ye time ter take each pahht in an’ continue from thehh.” Prob’ly best vat way, sah vat she din’t get an infahhmation ovehhload. Douglas stepped fahhwahhd again, gesturin’ ahht t’wahhds th’stahhs arahhnd them.

”A long, long time ago, in an era vat was called th’Golden Age, each ov th’constellations vat you know - Aquahhius, Leo, Sagitahhius, Ophiuchus, e’en th’ones vat ahh lessehh known - vey each ‘ad civilisations ov people livin’ on ‘em, jus’ like Eahhth. Wiff theihh ahhn govehhnin’ systems, theihh ahhn people, thehh ahhn cultuhhes. An’ rulin’ above all ov ‘em was th’Tsahh an’ Tsahhina Lunanoff, th’parents ov th’Man in th’Moon. They ‘ad a pahherful Ahhmy at theihh disposal, called th’Golden Ahhmy. An’ wiff them, they ‘oped ter rid th’stahhs ov all th’evils. See thehh was vese guys called Dream Pirates an’ Nightmahh Men - an’ vey wehh th’bad guys ov th’wohhld back in th’day. Sah th’Lunanoffs decided ter put a stop to’t. An’ they had vis one General in chahhge ov th’whole ohhdeal.”

Douglas paused fer a mo’, because….vis next pahht was th’hahhdest ter stomach. ‘Is voice went quiet, low. ”Vat man’s name was Kozmotis Pitchinehh. Uvverwise called Pitch Black. ‘E was th’leadehh ov th’Golden Ahhmies.” 'e stopped thehh fer a bit, bein' as....vat alahhn was a lot ter take in.
you can count on me
Story time~ |love, libby

TAMMY~
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.