Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

NO ONE IS ALONE, OPEN and Jake
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 06:30 PM
20 • Human • Insecurity • Burgess, PA

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
FEEL A LITTLE LOST, A LITTLE TOO REAL, AND I'LL COME BACK AGAIN. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. OH, I GUESS, I GUESS I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT IT THROUGH ENOUGH. AND I GUESS, I GUESS I –
By no means did Jacob like the way this was going. With just one look toward his uncle told him enough that the man was planning on doing something he probably should not. Whatever it was he just hoped it isn’t anything that would pressure the young woman into possible trouble with her family or him the embarrassment of his pressing uncle. He knew his uncle well enough to know that look. It was the same look he got whenever his uncle wanted to push him into talking about his past or his father. Both topics Jacob hated talking about to anyone including his twin. He was half tempted to butt in. Actually he probably should just do that. Save them both the trouble. However, before he was able to do anything he found his uncle yet again cutting him off.

“You’re not getting in the way. Jacob is just too stubborn for his own good honestly.” John replied back, a kind smile across his features. No one was getting in the way. If anyone was it most definitely was not Ella or his nephew. Neither of them were cause of this. If he were being honest here he was the one technically in the way. After all, he did get involved in this this due to thinking Jacob was causing trouble again. Something he felt terrible for and was going to try and make up for it with the blond later on. For now, his focus would be on the two young adults right in front of him.

A frown made its way onto the blond’s face. “Will you shut it already? It was only a fight nothing that bad.” He folded his arms across his chest. “I didn’t even start it either.”

“Yes a fight that could have resulted in you getting yourself seriously hurt, but enough of that.” The brunet commented, knowing full well that now is not the time to be discussing such matters. “It is very nice to meet you as well, Ella… Since my nephew and I made have delayed you, would you mind letting me drive you back home? It’s your choice either way. It is fast than walking too.”

Blues eyes blinked in surprise. No way did Jacob expect that at all. “Uncle! What are you thinking? You can't just a random question like that!” He trailed off, shifting his gaze back to Ella. “You don’t have to. He’s the one causing trouble now.”

notes. --

PMEmail
^
❂ ELLA FRELL
 Posted: May 4 2017, 03:28 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Ella was blushing a deep crimson red. She hated conflict and especially felt that she herself was the center of the problem now. The boy named Jacob seemed to be tense with his uncle but his uncle looked to be the sort to want to do the right thing. She could tell that the man really cared about his nephew and wanted something better for his somewhat pushy relative. Yet Ella could tell that Jacob meant well too, that he wasn't all bad either. Ella tended to see the good in others before most and she wanted to believe that those two truly did care, that should push come to shove they would be there for each other until the end.

"He means well, I think....At least I can tell those sort most of the time." Ella smiled as she tilted her head at the pleasant man named John. "And so do you. If you don't mind me saying so." She was still blushing, unsure of what to do in such a mildly tense situation. She just wanted them to get along and she wasn't about to be the cause of more stress. "Sir, I do appreciate the offer but I don't think I'd be allowed and I really should be getting going soon. I don't want to be a bother." She admitted, none of it being an actual lie. She was only hiding some of the truth anyhow and she'd rather not discuss it.

"And it wasn't his fault in stopping me really. He was just trying to help, you see. I had dropped a lot of things only just a while ago and he had stopped to help me. He really didn't have to and most people wouldn't have but he did. So I already owe him that. I don't know if I could be able to accept that from you, sir...Though I really do appreciate what you've done." Her smile was genuine though her hands seemed nervous and fidgety. "I hope I didn't bother you."
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: May 19 2017, 06:29 AM
20 • Human • Insecurity • Burgess, PA

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
FEEL A LITTLE LOST, A LITTLE TOO REAL, AND I'LL COME BACK AGAIN. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. OH, I GUESS, I GUESS I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT IT THROUGH ENOUGH. AND I GUESS, I GUESS I –
A heavy sigh left him. By all means Jacob probably should have guessed what his uncle was planning on doing here. He knew the man well enough to know the look he got whenever some idea popped inside his head. But it was too late to stop him now. Honestly, he couldn’t have stopped his uncle either way. The man was probably just as stubborn as he was. Maybe even more so than him. That would explain why that pointless grounding of his was still going on despite it being weeks after that trip to New York. And the man butted in his business with helping the girl in the first place. The blond just hoped for Ella’s sake that his uncle would back off because no matter what he had to say in the matter John would simply ignore him.

It had been obvious that his uncle was making the girl feel rather awkward to say the least. If her blushing face was anything to go by and judging the way she act Jacob had a pretty good idea that it did. He felt so bad for her. To be dealing with his very pushy uncle was not an easy task. He would have to apologize properly at another date… Well. If the two of them ever get to meet again after this, that is which is probably likely. Burgess was a small town.

“Honestly. You’re not any bother. You’re fine.” He started out, giving his uncle no room to speak up. “It was no big deal that I helped you. Any normal person who isn’t a complete jackass would have helped you…” Trailing off at the end, he glanced back over towards his uncle. “Um…Well…Sorry for keeping you.”

A warm smile wormed its way onto the brunet’s face. “Look at you being all adult like~!” The man teased, patting his nephew on the head. It was actually nice for a change to see someone to not be bad talking Jacob like they usually were. The blond always found himself getting into fights and trouble in general. To finally hear someone stand up for him was a bit weird but it made him happy nonetheless. “Thank you, Ella. I know Jacob is trying. He just ran into some bad luck along the way.” He paused, nodding his head at her words. “I understand. It wasn’t fair of me to ask if you wanted a ride home. You only just met us after all.”

As much as John wanted to push the matter of giving the young women a ride home, he chose not to pry only because of his nephew. Otherwise, he would have kept pushing. Something was off and he had a pretty good guess of what it was. He just did not have any proof of such so he was at a loss here.

notes. --
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.