Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Not So Fast, tag Ninianne
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 05:45 AM
2000+ • Part Fae/Part Sorcerer • Understanding • Nomad

It had been a long time since Merlin had taken on an apprentice. As a result, he had forgotten many things in regards to teaching another. The one thing that he had definitely forgotten completely was how much of his time tended to be eaten up in such a situation. Admittedly, Kayden tended to monopolize his time not only because he had to teach the youth, but because the boy was young and prone to getting into the odd dangerous situation, the latter of which was unfortunate since Kayden was still a beginner no matter how much Merlin had managed to teach him.

Without even realizing it, his trips to Austria had become far more frequent in comparison to his travels around the world. It was only by the time Halloween had come and gone that he had realized that he had not spoken to his friends- properly spoken- outside of a few instances. It rung as distasteful behaviour in his own mind. After all, he had been good at balancing things when he had taught Morgana and Viviane...for the most part. He could recall a few lies here and there, particularly since he had not been public about teaching one of the Ladies of the Lake. There was also the fact that Kayden seemed to understand quite little about magic.

With this in mind, he had decided to visit Ninianne. He had not visited his oldest friend in awhile and he knew that there were many things that the two had to discuss. He knew that the best place to try and meet her would be Avalon even if he could not know for sure whether she would be there.

Coming to the island via the ferry, the sorcerer glanced around before making his search for the Lady of the Lake.

tag » LADY ARCHIVE
love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 07:55 PM
1600 • Lady of the Lake • Justice • Avalon
Lady Archive 773 posts application plotter wanted tracker other

Although Ninianne's responsibility as a Guardian required traveling but with now Avalon and its fae inhabitants were her responsibility as well. So in her travels she made a point to find where Avalon had chosen to be for the time and stay on the island for awhile, checking in with the fae and seeing that all was going smoothly.

She was currently in one of the pine groves taking a few moments to relax and enjoy the peacefulness of the island. She thought she heard some fairy music in the distance mingling with the birdsongs as the scent of pine filled the air. At the sound of someone approaching she turned to see a tree nymph who gave a small bow before informing her that a sorcerer had just arrived on the island and that Silvius suggested she be sent for.

An unconfirmed smile spread on Ninianne's featers at the thought of one particular sorcerer. Thanking the nymph she quickly made her way in the direction he said. Soon enough Ninianne arrived nearby the vine bench the fairy godmother had created and spotted a familiar figure up ahead.

"Merlin," she greeted with a bright smile. "It is good to see you. What brings you here?" She asked.

MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 02:00 AM

It didn't take long for Ninianne to find him, or rather for her to find him. He walked only a short distance, able to see that the island was faring much better than the last time he had been on it, before the water fae found him. A quiet smile unconsciously graced his face at her appearance.

"Ninianne," he said in greeting, "It has been a long time." He paused only for a moment, considering how to place his thoughts into words. "I have wanted to speak to you about a great deal, especially as of late. I am afraid I was unable to keep away as a result."

tag » LADY ARCHIVE
love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 12:41 AM

It had been a long time indeed. Ninianne and Merlin were both busy as Guardians and Merlin likely had also been working on plans for rebuilding Camelot with Sir Kay. So it was no surprise there was little opportunity for social calls and traveling so widely even made coincidentally crossing paths unlikely. So of course for Merlin to have come seeking her something must have come up that needed to be discussed. Which was why the odd feeling at the back of her mind, wishing that he might just have come for the two of them to spend some time together was quickly dismissed. Both of them had responsibilities that were far too pressing to allow such leisure time.

"Well, you need never try to keep away, Merlin," Ninianne replied with a soft smile that shifted slightly into something a little somber. "Though I hope it is not some sort of trouble that brings you," she added. He did not seem to be in any sort of distress but after Halloween and knowing the dangers of Guardian work-not to mention Merlin was not exactly known for having good luck- she could not help a twinge of concern that he had run into some sort of danger.

MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 06:27 AM

A knot twisted in Merlin's stomach at the smile that Ninianne directed his way. However, instead of bringing about joy it brought about a somber feeling. As much as his heart ached, he was convinced that his affections were something that had been turned upon someone who would never return them. It was better to look and never touch, to allow his oldest friend to choose her own path. With an age old willful ignorance, he chose to ignore how terrible he was at following his own beliefs as jealousy and despair often ran through him at the idea of allowing that.

The somber feeling only grew at the tension that was added to the smile. "For the most part, no," he said, "I had wanted to talk to you about...many things, truth be told, but primarily about the finer details in relation to the plans of rebuilding Camelot...or at least something to it. Though, it would be a lie to say that the activity this Halloween brought to mind some of the subjects at hand."

tag » LADY ARCHIVE
love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 07:49 PM

It was a relief to hear that nothing too troublesome had occurred. The idea of discussing the rebuilding of Camelot even brought a small amount of excitement. She knew what it meant to Merlin to try and wanted to help. And the world could surely use more symbols and defenders of right and justice, the Guardians defended the balance against the darkness but there were many other threats against the innocent.

"How have the plans been going thus far?" She asked.

At the mention of Halloween however her expression grew serious. Ninianne needed no explanation of what he meant. "So you were drawn into that mischief as well?" She replied. Memories of the shadow that nearly managed to possess an innocent mortal and did use him as a shield against her and the others. Fortunately there had been one with the power to affect the shadow and force it from the man.

MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 01:17 AM

For a moment, Merlin rolled the question in his mind. He had not talked to Kay recently and, in truth, they had only begun to speak about the basics of what they wanted for Camelot, having yet to talk about the finer details that he was sure would eventually need to be gone over. It would be inevitable if they wanted to make anything resembling what had existed before, especially if it was to be lacking in the faults it had had at the time.

"Kay and I spoke about what we were looking for in it, not only in what it might stand for but also who to look for since rebuilding Camelot would require actually looking for others," he said. The former felt like something that was obvious in his own mind. The ideal for Camelot had always been for a symbol of what was right and justice, a kingdom that was meant to not only symbolize that but defend it in an imperfect world that often fell to injustice and forgot to defend justice and the good. "We are still trying to figure out where to actually establish it and had an idea or two of where to scout out. However, I recently have come to worry that things might end up being difficult in the actual...attempt to rebuild."

He nodded. "Yes," he said, "Though, I did have the pleasure of coming across two other Guardians in the process." He frowned slightly. "I take it that there were several attacks? I personally only heard of a few." He'd heard wind of urban tales popping up of an angel saving children around Halloween when he'd been in Ireland, something which was easy to connect to likely being the work of either a Guardian or an ally. What had happened at the Lunar Lamandary had been hard to not hear despite the fact that he had not traveled near the area.

tag » LADY ARCHIVE
love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 08:23 PM

Ninianne waited as Merlin seemed to consider. It was of course no small undertaking so it made sense that deciding how things were coming along, especially in such early stages, would not be entirely straightforward. A building's construction could be simple, you knew when it was still only marks on a paper being planned out, then you could watch it actually take shape as support beams were raised and stone was laid upon stone. But building an idea, that was a little more complicated. There was talking and decisions to be made, nuances to work out and agreements to come to. Hopefully they would eventually see those final more solid stages arrive but for now much was yet to be determined.

When he did speak, explaining what their focuses had been so far she gave a small nod. Choosing a location and finding others who would share such ideals. It seemed good places to start, selecting a location that would be convenient without infringing on the territory of others or be discovered by the wrong people would take time so beginning the search early would help. And of course getting different views and the wisdom of those with their own experiences and values would help with the planning stages. Not to mention meaning that they would be given a voice in the creation, made to feel that they were not standing up and possibly fighting for someone else's beliefs but their own as well.

"Having a few options sounds like a good start," she replied thoughtfully. "What sort of concerns?" Ninianne could guess at some standard challenges, practicality and working with the changes that had occurred in the world at large. Still, she figured it best to see what exactly was on Merlin's mind at the moment and see about what they could do from there.

Ninianne could not help a small look of concern when he confirmed that he had been drawn into the Halloween attacks. Still it was good that he was not alone and even had the assistance of other Guardians. "I hope you all were alright," she replied. "Who were the other Guardians?" She added, curious whether she might also have met either of them or if she hadn't at least knowing a little more of their other allies.

She gave a small nod when he asked about there being several attacks. "I've heard of a few, both the Lunar Lamadary and Santoff Claussen were attacked," she replied. She was not sure if those were among the ones he was already aware of, word of two Guardian strongholds being attacked after all traveled fast but she figured there was no harm mentioning it in case he had not yet heard. "And I encountered some sort of fearling attempting to possess a mortal man. Two others came along to help the poor man as well."

MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 11:27 PM

Exactly where to start in terms of concerns was difficult to consider. Merlin had always been a thoughtful individual and normally preferred to avoid risks unless he thought the means would justify the ends. Due to the nature of the latter train of thought, he normally took into careful consideration what he did. After all, he was not the sort who carelessly put everything to the side with the excuse that it was understandable. It wasn't. Most things should not be allowed to happen if the greater good and justice were to be considered.

"At the moment?" he said, "The notion of where Camelot is to be built. I discussed that the most with Kay, but the full image of what we are both looking for might make things complex. He'd prefer it farther away from humans and with natural defenses, which might require looking in land that is magical." He was aware that using land within the human scope was possible, but it would be difficult if they might prefer ordinary humans to be kept away. "I imagine that such a search might end up causing complications, particularly due to the past."

He couldn't know the exact nature of the complications. He had been released from his stone prison three years before he had come across Kay. However, it seemed inevitable that there would be consequences to Camelot's failings, particularly in regards to the fae. "There is also the fact that Arthur is still asleep and Morgana is presumably doing as she often does." Which was naturally nothing good. It never was in his own experience. "Outside of that, just mere technicalities and things that might concern my apprentice."

His brow furrowed as he attempted to recall the names of the other Guardians. He could recall seeing the redhead before, though perhaps only in passing. "A redhead...Cupid, I think?" he mused, "I don't recall the girl's name. She looked a bit like a wisp, though definitely too bright and whole."

He didn't look surprised at the mention of the Lunar Lamadary; however, a frown came to his face at the mention of Santoff Claussen. "Our situation was similar," he said, "A fearling was impersonating a child and attempting to lure a worried officer. I heard of a recent urban legend in Ireland with a similar theme that I believe has to do with another Guardian: an angel saving children from dark spectres. It sounds like there was a bit more behind this attack than merely taking advantage of a holiday that celebrates fear."

tag » LADY ARCHIVE
love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 05:50 PM

Ninianne waited, listening as Merlin explained what the main concerns were for this stage. She nodded when he mentioned the possibility of complications with magical lands.

"I think there would be complications in either magical or mortal territories," she said thoughtfully. "So that may be unavoidable but magic at least means, as it seems Sir Kay is thinking, easier protections and also avoiding attracting the wrong sort of mortal attention." While Ninianne was not opposed to the idea of magic being more widely believed in she also knew all too well that mortals could fear and hate magic just as easily as they could embrace it. And with the increased conflicts between the Guardians and Anti-Guardians there was a chance of mortals picking up on the presence of magic and seeing it as a threat or force of destruction. She remembered the warning and seal that had been placed over the Opalescent Librarium, ultimately the library's magic had overridden the seal but it was proof that there had been and could again be mortals seeking to suppress all magic, good or bad.

Still, Merlin was right that there was no shortage of complications in trying to establish a New Camelot in magical lands. Especially with the fading of belief secluded magical places were few and far between and there was no way they could establish themselves anywhere without the permission and acceptance of current inhabitants. And there likely was plenty of mixed feelings about the idea of Camelot among different kinds of magical beings.

Ninianne gestured over to the bench nearby as they spoke she figured they might as well be comfortable. The bench was formed of vines and branches with moss and small flowers forming cushioned areas, all still rooted and living plants.

She smiled in recognition at the description, Caerwyn did typically go by Cupid and that hair of his was rather distinctive. The second was perhaps less certain, after all there could be any number of wisp-like beings but the mention of being too bright even for a wisp and clearly whole, like a solid person perhaps, did bring to mind another Guardian Ninianne knew. "Like a girl made of light?" She asked hoping to be sure.

"It was fortunate all three of you were there to help," she replied. "And if they are who I think, I would say they were good friends to have at your side."

Ninianne listened as Merlin explained the attack and another he had heard of that seemed to fit the pattern. "I think you are right," she replied when he mentioned it seeming like more than just taking advantage of the holiday. "I'm sure it was no coincidence that they used the increased emphasis on fright and darkness but this was clearly a wide ranging and well organize move. Especially striking at two known Guardian strongholds is hardly something they would do on a whim." She glanced out at the forest around them with a thoughtful look. "We already knew they intended to make this a true war and if anything the Nightmare King has only been growing bolder since the attack here. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that he intends to keep the attacks going." Of course they could not maintain closely consecutive large scale battles but clearly neither did they intend to allow another lull to fall over the conflict. So smaller opportunistic but none the less planned and carefully orechstrated attacks did fit with the developing strategy of their enemies.

@MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 06:49 PM

Merlin nodded in agreement. "That was what I agreed with," he said, "Mortals have changed quite a bit in regards to their views on magic." He could remember with a great amount of clarity as to what humans had been liked both when Arthur had been King and beforehand. Magic had been far more well known and accepted, a fact which had been both good and bad since some had used it to prey upon the gullible. It had been exactly how Uther had managed to convince others to search him out. Lies of curses were apparently quite handy when attempting to convince people to search for powerful sorcerers.

"While I have no doubt that they would offer easier protections, I imagine that there are some who would prefer to see Camelot stay as a mere legend." It was clear from his tone that he was not just speaking about Morgana. While they all knew that his former student was someone they would have to eventually cross, he was convinced that there others of a similar mindset. Justice was a wonderful concept, but it was something that did not exist across all lands for a reason. Not everyone believed in protecting it.

He frowned slightly at the mention of a girl made of light, entertaining the notion. "Yes," he finally said, "A bit like a spirit." Curiosity spread across the Guardian of Understanding's face. "I take it that you know who I am talking about?" It certainly sounded as though she knew, something which made him all the more curious.

Agreement was, admittedly, something that Merlin would have preferred to have been without. The idea of a well thought out plan meant that the Nightmare King likely had future plans and that this had only been the beginning. Something far more ominous was likely planned for the future. "That is true, though the Guardians appeared to be prepared overall for this." It was stated less in confidence and more as a fact. His expression was thoughtful and he found himself unable to push away the idea as to whether or not the Guardians would be able to keep up such a front. After all, only a fool would not have noticed that some had been rattled since the masquerade. "Boldness tends to come at a cost though. From the sound of it, most of the attacks involved attempts to lure and possess humans." Which was...different than what was normally done. From what he had seen thus far, they normally tried to spread fear and belief.

love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 07:54 PM

It seemed that they had both followed much the same thought process. A magical location was the better of the options overall but there was no getting around the need to choose carefully and still be prepared for certain challenges that might arise.

"Hopefully, working together, a suitable place can be found," she said. "I fear Camelot will always have opponents, old and new," Ninianne added, there was perhaps a hint of sadness at the idea but it was one she had come to terms with long ago. No society was ever perfect, so even those that genuinely strove to live up to ideals such as justice and righteousness were not invulnerable. There could always be some within who sought to abuse a good system for their own gain and those who simply wanted to see it fail for any number of reasons. New Camelot would be no different, it would be foolish to hope that Morgana would allow Arthur's legacy to be revived and then there would be other immortals who were disillusioned by the failure's of the first attempt or just wished for Camelot's ideals to remain a thing of the past.

"I suppose though all there is to do is try to prepare as much as possible," she added. How exactly to prepare she was not sure of just yet, beyond just continuing the planning and discussions of issues that already seemed to be happening. At least until they could identify some specific obstacle to deal with. "I hope I can be of more help to you this time around." She said, remembering how while she had always been happy to talk with Merlin about whatever was on his mind while preparing Arthur and building Camelot and of course giving him Excalibur Ninianne had remained somewhat distanced from the land itself. This time, she would be there to properly support and aide her friend's efforts and hopefully help restore all they had once worked and hoped for.

She smiled, nodding when Merlin confirmed what the female ally had looked like. "I believe so," she replied. "It is possible there are more than one but I did meet a young light sprite named Leora who is also a Guardian some time ago. She...is perhaps a little reckless, we met when I saw her attempting to take on a small herd of Nightmares on her own. But from what I can tell she has a good heart and believes in defending against the darkness. And Caerwyn- Cupid, as he's known now, I knew him when he was a child and learned of his Guardianhood a few years ago." She explained.

Ninianne gave a nod at Merlin's assessment of this new, bolder tactic of the Nightmare King and his forces. "I think many of us knew to be on alert after what happened at the masquerade," she replied. "And of course no matter how well organized, a widespread attack means a thinning of resources. It will be important that all of us Guardians remain aware to any signs of another move from them as time goes on."

@MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 01:28 AM

Merlin nodded in agreement with Ninianne's words. "I imagine that we can only attempt to prepare for what might come," he said, "Though, I doubt that it is impossible for a place to be found, enemies or not." It had not gone past his notice how much the world has changed in his time imprisoned. Magical lands tended to be inhabited by someone these days and humans were far more spread out, having traveled and discovered a great deal of the world. Finding a place where they might not accidentally wander or natural protections would at least not allow them to wander close enough to warrant worry would be difficult to find. However, it should not be impossible.

A small smile crossed his face at the mention of Ninianne helping more this time around. He did recall that she had been more of a distant figure in the past, having given help but being a far more distant figure in regards to the land. "Particularly with your help," he added.

His expression delved into curiosity at the mention of a light sprite. "I cannot imagine that she is particularly common, species wise." He had heard of sprites before and even seen them before. However, the ones he knew of tended to revolve around the primary elements, such as water. Nonetheless, he found his lips quirking upwards at the descriptions of both Guardians.

He nodded in agreement at the mention of the masquerade. "That is likely one of the effects that everyone felt." After all, it had been, to many, a reminder of exactly what the enemy could do. "Though...I cannot help but worry about the consequences of the masquerade."

love, libby
PM
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 08:44 PM

She nodded at Merlin's words. Challenging and impossible were too very different things, after all. Camelot was something that they believed in and hopefully those they found to help in the endeavor would also believe in what it stood for. Working together to form something that would help stand up for the innocent and defend what was right they could surely overcome any challenge.

At his added comment Ninianne could feel a slight pink rise in her cheeks but she tried to ignore it. He only meant that such a task could use all the help it could get. And likely her knowledge of the past, both the days of Camelot itself and the time between then and Merlin's return, would also prove helpful. There couldn't be anything more to it than that.

"She is the only one I have met," Ninianne replied when he mentioned the rarity of Leora's being. "So it is possible that she is a singular sort of sprite. That was just how she identified herself to me."

Ninianne turned a thoughtful and curious look at Merlin when he mentioned fearing the consequences of the masquerade. That night had been such a whirlwind of moods and events the water fae suspected that there would be a great many layers of consequences to the way the evening concluded. It was almost hard to believe that the ominous reveal of the Nightmare King and the confusion that followed had been mere hours since they had all been dancing and talking idly together. Dancing... That dance that she had had very little time to think of. But perhaps it was better not to. Neither she nor Merlin had any idea who the other had been, it had all just been a pleasant break and way to mingle with other Guardians. Besides, the consequences he spoke of were far more important than the fact that she had danced with Merlin.

"Consequences...such as the reactions of all the guests?" She asked, a little uncertainly but guessing what might have been most pressing on her friend's mind.

@MERLIN
PM
^
☽ MERLIN
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 03:36 AM

For a moment, Merlin found himself tempted to make a comment upon what he had said about Camelot. However, he found himself visibly pausing at the reaction part of what he had brought out of Ninianne. Despite his feelings for his oldest friends, the sorcerer had never considered the idea that such feelings might be returned. It seemed like a strange idea considering the fact that both the fae and he had spent their entire time knowing each other as simply friends, not the slightest glimpse of something more showing itself.

Yet, Merlin might have been a bit oblivious, but he was not outright stupid. The flush that rose to the Lady of the Lake's cheeks was completely out of the ordinary and not something he was used to seeing from her. Rolling over what he had said in his mind, he found his brow furrowing in response. It was not embarrassment, but....

Well, no, that seemed a bit far fetched...right?

Quickly, he turned his attention to the conversation at the mention of Leora. "That would be intriguing," he said, "New species are rare these days." Of course, there was a chance that the Guardian had no idea what she was, but it was an interesting thought nonetheless. It vaguely reminded him of a much younger version of himself in that he had spent a good portion of his youth befuddled about his nature. Unfortunately, most half-fae tended to take after the fae, something of which he had not done for the most part.

He paused, considering how to explain when it became apparent that what he had said had not been fully understood. "To an extent, yes," he said, "But I primarily mean how people have absorbed the information they were given. Not everyone takes in information the same way and there is no doubt that every Guardian had their own reason for taking the oath. Considering everything that was revealed, some might be confused, at the very least."

love, libby
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.