Add Reply
New Poll

Fire and Water, Nini~
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: May 7 2017, 01:47 AM
Olde • Fae • Superiority • Ireland

I WILL SET THE WORLD ON FIRE

Tanerys didn’t often venture into “lands unknown”, as it were; she was more content to remain within the Seelie Court’s borders - when the Lady Queen allowed it, of course. She ventured out for a particular three reasons; first, when she was called to fight. There was simply no arguing that, she was, after all, one of the major pieces to the battle against the Unseelie. But that was probably the least interesting reason for her ventures. The second was to collect supplies - as the court herbalist, she couldn’t perform her duties without the flora she coaxed the magic from. Of course the most fun came from when she ventured out in search of new playthings. Humans were excellent entertainment, but they had a habit of becoming very….bland, after a while. She had a constant need of something new to catch her fancy; there were a fortunate many who were of the rather pretty variety for her to choose from.

But alas she wasn’t out here looking for children to entertain her; rather she sought something that was...arguably far more valuable. Not to her on a personal level, but certainly for her reputation among the fae of the inner court. Oh, she had heard tale of Avalon - she’d heard quite a bit about the place. How it had been corrupted - no doubt by her darker cousins, the wretches - and reclaimed by those who once owned its power. She knew that it was a place rich with magic and flora of unique natures; perhaps then it was an opportunity that she could take. At the very least it would be a venture onto...more magical territory, that belonging to Seelie Fae at that. They weren’t of the court, of course, but all the same it was more palatable than walking in the Mundane world.

The ferry-boy was a lovely thing, though she didn’t dare extend any flirtations; this was, after all, unfamiliar land, and he was both a fae and her means of transportation. To stir scandal would do her no good - even if it would be intriguing to try, if only to receive a reaction. But no, she was capable of restraint. And so, she only made idle conversation with the lad, when he was inclined to speak, and she was inclined to answer. She did certainly feel….above him, and moreover her desire to speak was somewhat limited; they were, after all, over water for the course of their travels. She had no fondness for it, and imagined vile little unseelie creatures lurking beneath the waves in amongst the lovely merfolk.

To be back on dry land was….certainly a relief. Though, she only felt it very briefly - the sight was…..quite honestly breathtaking. That anxiety about her very nearly vanished, replaced instead with a curious sort of amazement. She’d not been here before, having only heard tales of the land. And the last she had heard it was recovering from a dark corruption - yet she could see no signs of taint. Had it been purified so thoroughly? This was certainly a baffling place, a world unlike the one she was accustomed to. There surely would be...intriguing flora for her to explore here.

The question became….where to begin.

NINIANNE TAMESIS || Woop here we go hope this is an okay starter XD

PMEmail
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: May 13 2017, 03:27 AM
1600 • Lady of the Lake • Justice • Avalon
Lady Archive 676 posts application plotter wanted tracker other

With Avalon truly thriving once again Ninianne knew well that plenty of fae likely came and went from the island without her knowledge. Those who simply sought rest and peace in the sanctuary that the isle was meant to provide or others who were simply interested in seeing the fabled land for themselves. If they carried with them no intentions of harm, posed no threat to Avalon or its inhabitants then there was no need for Ninianne to interrupt their travels with formal appearances. Still there were the occassional visitors that the island still pulled Ninianne to come for. Sometimes it was fae that needed some sort of assistance from the Lady of the Lake other times it was just for the sake of good manners Avalon felt they ought to have a proper welcome as opposed to provided time to wander as they saw fit.

Fortunately Ninianne was not far from where the island was currently located, she had been checking in on a town in Ireland when she felt the sense that she should go to Avalon. It was not urgent, so not a threat to the island but she had attended to everything she needed to already and could sense no other injustices happening anywhere nearby. So she made her way to the nearest river, submerging herself in it and following the current to the larger body of water where Avalon rested.

It only took a few minutes for Ninianne to reach Avalon, where she rose up out of the waters and stepped onto the beach. She followed one of the forest paths in search of the visitor, following her the sense of an unfamiliar magic a little ways away. As she approached the source she noticed a woman, vibrant red hair that Ninianne could almost swear she saw a flicker of flame moving about the locks. A fire fae, not the typical sort to be drawn to a mystical island but still welcome all the same.

"Good afternoon," Ninianne spoke up in greeting and announcing her presence as she approached the visitor.

TANERYS RUADH
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 01:09 AM

There were a great many stories told of the island of Avalon. An isle that moved - one that could be reached through any waters. It was a fairytale even to fables - beings like her who were aware of such worlds. As a young fae, she remembered hearing often - from her tutors, her family, and others - about this magical land removed from the natural one, removed even from their court. How fascinated she was by it, even then; but she had never pursued her curiosity; she had her studies, after all, her dancing, the mastery of geis, and the coaxing of magic through plant-life. There was simply no time for a young lady of the inner court to engage in...social endeavours.

But now, she had a reason to visit. She had, of course, to admit that she was quite uncomfortable - in at least the degree that she was wholly surrounded by water, and that the atmosphere was very….damp. It wasn’t quite like home - she was used to something of a dryer, cooler atmosphere in the air. This was heavy and humid. But, she would bear with it; she was too curious to be especially bothered by it. She could feel the magic of this place laced within the very air she breathed, the ground she stood upon. It was a grand opportunity for her to explore the magical properties of the plantlife; already she had found some rather unique specimens, strange flowers she had never seen in any other realm of yet. She crouched by one - a rather unique looking baby-blue flower with flourishing petals. Her fingertips brushed them - they were thicker petals than usual flowers, with lovely veins.

It was just then, as she was inspecting the flowers, that she heard a voice. She lifted her head, turning with a curious look as a beautiful maiden approached. She was fae, certainly, that much was definite. Not of any court, though; this one was a wildling, perhaps native to the island. Tanerys stood, pressing down her dress with her hands, fingers curling in her hair, a faint glimmer of flame dancing across her fingertips. ”And a good afternoon to you.” she murmured, lacing her hands in front of herself now. ”I suppose this is your home, dear one?” Her tone was gentle, placating, as though addressing a child. She was a rather cute thing…

NINIANNE TAMESIS || Fff already up to her antics

PMEmail
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 03:49 AM

At her greeting the fire fae looked up from the flower she had been admiring, neatly smoothing her dress as flames flickered over her fingers. However it was not the presence of flames dancing over her form that caught Ninianne's attention as the woman turned to face her. No, though her interaction with fire fae were limited the Lady of the Lake suspected that was not an unheard of trait for such beings. What was a rare sight were the golden lines that framed her eyes. It was a rare trait indeed, one that even over the course of more than a thousand years she had seen only a few times at some of the larger fae gatherings. But still she recognized the significance of the markings immediately. This was one who could place a geis upon others, could bind them to her will with little more than eye contact and a few words. Quite the surprising visitor indeed.

Ninianne also took note of the mysterious visitor's bearing. She stood tall with the sense of pride of someone who was usually met with respect. Most likely someone from the one of the Courts and although Unseelie were not precisely barred from Avalon in Ninianne's experience Seelie tended to gravitate to the isle far more than Unseelie. When she spoke, her tone was pleasant, almost that of an adult reassuring a child. Despite her true age Ninianne realized that she did still look rather young and judging by the question it seemed the woman did not know who exactly Ninianne was. Hardly surprising as Ninianne was quite sure the woman had never been to Avalon before and she could not recall properly meeting her any time in the past.

“It is,” Ninianne replied. “My name is Ninianne Tamesis, and as Lady of the Lake I am pleased to welcome you to Avalon.” She added, with a polite curtsy. The woman brought no ill will to the sacred isle and still suspecting this visitor was a nobility of some sort Ninianne fell into her more formal habits, offering respect and welcome to her home to any guest. “If you’ve come with some purpose I would be happy to assist. Otherwise, feel free to simply enjoy the island."

TANERYS RUADH
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 07:55 PM

The isle was something of a fairytale - ironic, in a way, coming from a fae. She knew of others who had travelled to Avalon, and had heard stories from within her higher circles. Even some of the Wildlings knew of Avalon and spoke of the fairy story with excitement. This, though, was her first time upon this old land, and in truth, Tanerys was impressed. It was a magnificence she had not expected - true she had images in her mind and they had not been met by the reality she faced, but the real Avalon that she saw with her own eyes was still grand and lovely, as much as she had hoped. Though, certainly it was also very slightly worrisome, if only because she was so heavily surrounded by waters. Though she did like water, she was rather placed at a disadvantage when surrounded by it. That and a humid, muggy atmosphere was surely her least favourite.

Ninianne Tamesis was not a name that she knew - however, it was rather familiar; there was a name she did know, namely Viviane Tamesis - though, for now, she would keep that to herself. Viviane had been a name well known a long while ago, but there had been something of a scandal - it was rather the reason the Mother of the Hearth refrained from any sort of relationships with the Unseelie kind, even if some could be rather tempting, the wicked Hunter among them. Was it possible the water fae had a sister then? It didn’t surprise her that she would not have spoken of Tanerys; the two hadn’t particularly been on kind terms after the affair with the Hunter.

The sister Ninianne however seemed much more polite and even modest than her sister, though. Tanerys’ lips turned upward in a light smile - as the Lady of the Lake, Ninianne was very definitely her elder - and yet, Tanerys likened this Ninianne to a child. She had a youthfulness about her that was charming. She returned the curtsey with one of her own, though she didn’t quite dip as low - even if this lady was her elder, she was a creature of superiority and saw herself above most beings, even wrongfully so. Her eyes fell back to the flowers and she smiled. ”I thank you for your warm welcome, dear Ninianne. And might I say, you have lovely manners.” She meant her words, even if they were akin to a mother’s patting a child on the shoulder. ”As for my business here I’d heard there were many unique sorts of flora on this land. I’m an herbalist, and I was curious to explore the properties of the flora of Avalon.” She blinked, turning orange eyes back upon the Lady of the Lake. ”If, of course, you allow it.” It was best not to be presumptuous. As the Lady of the Lake she held power in this place.

NINIANNE TAMESIS || She's playing quite nice <3

PMEmail
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 02:49 AM

After spending ages around rulers and those closest too them Ninianne did not need her ability to see the traits of leadership to recognize someone accustomed to holding themselves above others. The perfectly polite greeting that still maintained a certain amount of pride only furthered the Lady of the Lake's guess that this visitor was of the Court, and probably fairly high ranking at that.

"An old habit by now but one I find usually is best." She replied to the fire fae's compliment about her manners. Being polite was something that Viviane had always stressed in their mortal lives and the habit had never really broken. Especially since her duties usually brought her into royal and noble circles where good manners and protocol were crucial. In the days when Ninianne could be seen by most mortals she was usually regarded as a high ranking Lady by most and so welcomed to the great halls of kings but she was still expected to show proper behavior in return to the respect she received.

"Certainly," Ninianne replied with a nod. "I confess I only know the basics about the uses of herbs but Avalon has no shortage of medicinal herbs. And those that are fed by the springs of the isle are especially potent." She added, though her knowledge of herbalism was limited she did know water and the springs and pools of Avalon were rich in purifying and healing magics and she had noticed that they tended to imbue that same magic in the plants that grew nearest to those sources.

TANERYS RUADH
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 12:34 AM

Everything on strange territory was posture and poise. She had to maintain herself well - a presence that remained both proud and dignified, but charming and at ease all at once, all together. She had long learned the art of diplomacy, a careful tactic that was as much a dance of the tongue as stepdance was of her feet. Certainly her tone was honest, which was more than could be said of many diplomats. The Mother of the Hearth genuinely did care and respect those she spoke with. Though, perhaps she held some small part back, given that this fae lived on the legendary isle of Avalon...if she was the isle’s keeper, then no doubt she was ancient and powerful in her own right.

She found herself smiling genuinely as the other fae spoke of politeness being a “habit”. She gave a gentle nod of her own. ”My own family had me learn very carefully to be polite since I was quite little. It’s rather been ingrained to my mind. It’s especially pleasant to be met with the same in kind.” She spoke like honey, but her words were true; after all it was rare to encounter another so polite - at least not without high status being attached to their name.

That she was unfamiliar with the medicinal properties of plantlife was hardly a grave concern; it was her area of expertise, not that of this fair fae. She hadn’t expected that she would know all, but even a little would be helpful - if she could describe anything - the appearance of petals, the smell of the plant, the texture, from there she could begin to make educated guesses. She blinked curiously at the mention of the springs of the isle. Were they imbued by a natural form of magic from Avalon’s waters, perhaps? That was a fascinating thought. ”I suppose that would make sense. Plants growing near would drink from the water of those springs, no? It only makes sense.” She began a quiet trek, keeping her eyes downcast - not out of disrespect, but simply because she was now getting to work - and that meant she had to keep her eyes on the flowers, and not the Lady. ”I do apologise; I don’t mean to neglect you. You’re certainly lovely, but not the sort of loveliness I have eyes for at the moment.” she teased, a small smirk on her lips. Of course, it was a tease - the girl seemed rather proper, not the type to fool about, but all the same she couldn’t help small teases here and there. ”Tell me darling, do you spend much time on this isle? Don’t you find yourself growing lonely?”

NINIANNE TAMESIS  || She's quite curious.

PMEmail
^
☽ NINIANNE TAMESIS
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 11:05 PM

It came as little surprise that the woman also had been raised to mind her manners, though Ninianne suspected in a somewhat different way. While for the Tamesis sisters it had been a defense, their neighbors had a tendency to scorn and look down on them automatically so it was best not to give them any added reason. They could condemn the circumstances of the girls' birth all they liked but let them be hard put to find any other complaints against the sisters. For the fire fae it was likely more about preserving a good name than earning one, taught to expect good manners as much as give them. Still, the idea was much the same. Society had been different in Ninianne's childhood, it had valued formality in a way that Ninianne knew the fae Courts still did.

She gave a nod at the mention of it being nice to find someone of the same upbringing. The Lady of the Lake did not exactly mind the change in manners that had occurred over the centuries in the mortal world but she sometimes found herself a little lost in it. She did her best to adjust when interacting with others but there was always some uncertainty and hesitance to treat a new acquaintance with, what seemed to her, familiarity and casualness.

It seemed the herbalist agreed about the logic that the water sources of Avalon were tied to the rareness or potency of the island's flora. And she soon directed her attention to the plants that grew about them. Ninianne remained on hand only to offer direction in a small gesture here or there to where those sources might be. Content to leave the guest to her work and purpose for visiting. Reaching a particularly lush meadow full of flowers and sweet smelling plants Ninianne had was just thinking about leaving the woman in peace and returning to her own duties. It was then however that the other spoke up, addressing her.

At the apology Ninianne shook her head with an understanding smile. "It's quite alright, I wouldn't want to distract from your work." She was not entirely sure what to make of the added compliments. But it did seem that she was interested in making some conversation as well as attend to the plants so Ninianne remained, giving the fire fae's question a little thought.

"I do spend a fair amount of time here but my own duties also can take me almost anywhere." She explained. In the years before Avalon's revitalization Ninianne had mostly only come when she needed a rest or sensed something occurring. But after the attacks here she had needed to work on restoring it and then getting to know the fae that returned to living on the island.

"Honestly, I keep busy enough to not really think of loneliness." She replied with a reassuring smile. She could not exactly say that she was surrounded by company, even the returning fae had settling in to do and still mostly treated her with a certain amount of formality and respect. One down side of her own reservedness she supposed, she was not much good at encouraging others to relax in her company. And in these modern times she did not really interact with many mortals so much as give them a little invisible guidance or help.

"Might I ask what to call you?" Ninianne asked, realizing she had not caught the fire fae's name yet and although she clearly carried herself as someone of status exactly what it was she was still unsure.

TANERYS RUADH
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 06:16 PM

She quite liked the Lady of the Lake. The girl – woman, surely she was a woman far older than Tanerys herself despite the appearance she held – was polite, beautiful, and had a confident atmosphere about her that exuded elegance. She was a graceful creature, a kind creature. Of course, that said little of her character – but the Mother of the Hearth tended not to dig so deep into others; she preferred to remain on the surface, not to know those she spoke to – not personally. It was easier that way, better that way. Attachment only brought pain in the end.

The meadow that the ancient fae led her to was lovely; she could barely contain the excitement she felt, but, then, to show such an embarrassing emotion in public was simply unacceptable, graceless and ugly. She kept it to herself, maintaining instead a small, simple smile. She crouched, inspecting the petals of a faded pink flower, leaning in to smell it as the Lady seemed to take in her words. She was not so much the socialite, Tanerys could tell. But, there was grace in introversion.

In honesty…she tended to prefer working in company. Often she was attended by other herbalists of the Court, those who worked under her; there was always someone to converse with. She didn’t mind the quieter company, but she did certainly find herself curious, hoping to learn of the other fae. She wanted to know more….what these “duties” of hers were, what role she had. She kept busy….but in what sense? What was it that kept her so occupied?

She frowned as she was addressed again, realizing that she had been….incredibly rude, failing to introduce herself. She stood tall, placing a hand to her breast, a pained look to her face for the briefest of moments. ”I do formally apologise, I hadn’t meant to be so rude.” She dipped into a little bow, her expression mellowing. ”My name is Tanerys Ruadh, Mother of the Hearth and Grand Herbalist of the Inner Court of Seelie Fae. It is a pleasure and great honour to be acquainted to you.”

NINIANNE TAMESIS  || She's quite curious.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.