Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Minding Lost Lambs, Tag Vlad
♠ THE BELDAM
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 10:43 PM
??? • Beldam • Motherhood • The Other World

the proudest spirit can be broken by love
The face of a dead woman….

How interesting. Ah...the words even brought her to smile. She gazed into her own tea, taking a long, slow sip. ”She was dead long before her body stopped functioning.” the other mother breathed, her voice soft, her expression vaguely sneering. Of course, he wasn’t wrong - the Other Mother had her ghosts, things she prefered not to be revealed. Who she really was, for instance. Who her mother was. What they were. ”No mother can love the way I do. All of them are dead.” Sometimes, misfortune befell them. Other times she had to create it on her own. So long as she became the one true mother of the child, it never really mattered in the end.

Oh, but just then….she’d struck a nerve. She’d found something, hadn’t she? There was a sudden sharpness, an abrupt cold that came about the man. His response was petty, a jab attempting to belittle her words. But the Other Mother saw something underneath those words - he’d taken it to heart, allowed it to break that facade for something ugly on the inside. She chuckled, shaking her head as she set her tea down. ”No, I don’t know who you are. But then, I really don’t care, either. You’re not someone who interests me. The only part of you that matters is that you have been a terrible parental figure. Nothing more.”

When Vlad spoke his answer, however…..the Other Mother couldn’t help but to laugh. It was a delicate sound, polite, for the Other Mother was always polite, but it was long and jeering, scathing. She shook her head with a chuckle. ”I may not know who you are,” she breathed, ”but from that answer….I believe I may know what sort of man you are. Try again. But that….thank you. That was very funny.”
MOMO
BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 10:07 PM
65 • Human [Half-Alive/Half-Dead] • Family • Wisconsin

checkmate!

The words the woman said brought forth a noticeable chink in Vlad's façade of an untouchable heart. Briefly, his expression grew darker. It took a great deal of control to keep his far more...dead side from slipping out. While he was vaguely aware that he was in the presence of someone who was not human, there were certain cards that he had long ago learned were best kept close to his chest. People such as the woman before him often enjoyed coming up with assumptions of his being. While he had yet to meet a person who was ever correct about the entire matter, he found it was best to hold the advantage. After all, fools who enjoyed assuming that he was only a human usually found themselves paying the price for such presumptions.

Still, he would have to be careful. His temper was one of the few flaws that e was greatly aware of. He was hardly going to let something as foolish as a poor temper be the reason why Daniel slipped through his fingers. Losing was not something that he was fond of and he would not allow this to be a situation where that was the end result for him.

He gave her a bland look, before his lips curled upwards. It was a quiet smile. "Somehow...I doubt that." Another would likely have found it to be an arrogant statement and perhaps it was. However, Vlad was not speaking of her initial interest. He doubted that she cared in that aspect. By the end, though, he imagined that she would care. After all, he was no do-gooder and had Daniel been present he would have likely warned this woman in starting a game with him at all. Human he might be, but Vlad had always been good at getting his way.

He appeared to ignore the reaction he received, instead choosing to delve into his thoughts. "Love," he said after a moment.

many , CARMA , hmmm ,

PM
^
♠ THE BELDAM
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 01:09 AM

Doubtful, was he? The arrogant old man. The Other Mother hummed, shaking her head lightly, letting out a soft chuckle. ”I imagine you doubt many things in life,” she breezed airily, glancing around her, buttons glinting. ”Like that dear and darling boy Daniel who you claim to care for. The very same boy who comes to me willingly, who loves my world far more than yours. And you know….having met you….I certainly can’t blame him at all.”

Her lips twisted downward, though, when the man’s second guess came forward. Love…..on the second try, then. That was a shame. She idly glanced at her hands, inspecting her nails as though bored. ”Not that you would know anything about that. she murmured, chuckling as she tilted her head, eyeing him up and down. ”But you know...even the proudest spirit can be broken by it, by love. By such a simple thing. Something so simple…..and yet so powerful. But you….you’ve never loved, have you?”

She sat back, crossing one leg over the other, gesturing toward him with one hand, flicking a finger in his direction. It was his turn.
MOMO
BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:34 AM

checkmate!

While Vlad's expression stayed flat, a deep chuckle emitted from him. He could feel a dark amusement beginning to curl within his gut. "Amazing," he said dryly, "Everything you've just said was wrong."

Vladimir was an arrogant man, one whose arrogance went so deep that he rarely doubted much within his life. He had been born in poverty. However, instead of rolling over and claiming it would be impossible to rise above where he was, he pressed forward. Moreover, he knew Daniel well enough to know that much of what the woman was claiming was likely based of assumptions. Daniel did not tend to talk about Vlad and the boy that this woman thought she knew was one who was caught up in grief, likely lying to himself instead of supposedly truly loving this place. In fact, he would make a rather large bet on the fact that there were likely some things about Daniel himself that she did not know. The boy had always been rather adamant about appearing normal to the average person.

Perhaps the most amusing thing was that this woman thought him incapable of love. It was a rather large falsity. Vlad had loved before. Though she clearly did not know it, this woman bore the face of the only woman that the half-ghost had dared give his heart to. Moreover, Daniel was a child that he had considered like his own son for many years despite how one-sided such a care was. He would not bother to explain it to a wench such as this, but he had always been capable of love...perhaps to an unhealthy extent.

He hummed for a moment, considering what to ask. It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?"

many , CARMA , :P ,
PM
^
♠ THE BELDAM
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:52 PM

Oh, dear. A claim of falsehood without a rebuttal...he was resorting to pettiness, to the ever annoying insistance of correctness without making any proper arguments, therefore impossible to contend. The Other Mother simply quirked a brow, otherwise unperturbed. Oh, she could be petty herself….she knew she could be petty. But in this situation he certainly wasn’t doing himself any favours, not when he was on her turf, and she could change the terms of the game on a whim if she so chose.

He really was just a sad little man.

The Other Mother listened, steepling her fingers as the man began his own riddle. Something belonging to you, but used more by others. The first question was whether it was an object or a concept. Given the nature of their riddles thus far, she had to presume the latter; besides which, she couldn’t imagine an object used more by others than oneself unless it was a gift. She leaned back once more, smirking. ”Charity. The nature of giving.”
MOMO
BY MITZI
PMEmail
^
❂ VLAD MASTERS
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 04:50 AM

checkmate!

Vlad did have to wonder how long this back and forth would go. It was clear that this woman's rule of three was keeping either one of them from losing- for them moment. However, he had little doubt that one of them would lose such a run of luck. Exactly when that would be he could not know. Part of him- perhaps even the majority of him- hoped it was soon, if only because he trusted this woman to play as fairly as he did. After all, he had little doubt that she was a woman who, despite her platitudes of being better, was likely as slippery as himself...perhaps even worse. It was not like he did not have lines he was unwilling to cross after all.

He rose an eyebrow in response to her smirk. "I am afraid not," he said, deciding to not tell her how incorrect she was. Chances were that it would only help and he was not currently not in a helping mood.

many , CARMA , :P ,
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.