Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Teaching Birds to Soar, Tag Stork and Snow~
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: May 31 2017, 01:02 AM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Mmm, she was ahht ov ‘er element. Bu’ vat was exactly why she needed ter do vis; she din’t know hahh ter handle th’attention she was gettin’ an vat needed ter change if she was gonna be a team membehh. Douglas wan’t an unreasonable teachehh, bu’ he defintly pushed peoples’ limits; vat was for shore. Vis was one fing he wan’t abahht ter let go ov; his attention was fully on Snow an’ she was jus’ gonna have ter deal wiff’t. ‘E knew she was prob’ly cussin’ him ahht mentally. Bu’ he’d deal wiff’t. Vis would be for ‘er ahhn good anyway.

Vis test would be a good way ter gauge exactly wot th’range was vat she could use vis ability ov hehhs. Distance would give a lot ov infahhmation. It’d tell ‘er exactly wot sahhrt ov range she ‘ad - nae vat useful ter ‘er righ’ nahh, bu’ in practice it gave hehh th’informatio nov jus’ wot was ahht ov reach, wot she could imbue wiff vat magic. Douglas watched as she focused, sendin’ vat pahher inter th’fihhst ov th’blocks.

”Good, nahh I wan’ ye ter concentrate; maintain vat one, an’ move on ter th’next. See if ye can purify boff at th’same time. Wehh tryn’a see jus’ wot yer limits ahh; focus, see if ye can reach ahht for th’second one.” ‘e felt a bit bad leavin’ Gin be’ind, bu’ he had a plan for ‘er as well. Douglas eyed Gin, walkin’ o’er ter her an’ speakin’ sah vat ‘e was facin’ away from Snow bu’ towahhd Gin. ‘e kept his voice dahhn. ”Aftehh I make a signal, I wan’ ye ter try an’ distract Snow. Don’ give any indication yer doin’ anyfing, jus’ do’t - I wan’ ter see if she can keep ‘er ability goin’ if she loses concentration.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
~ |love, libby

MOMO TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 31 2017, 05:14 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

The exercise was proving to be relatively easy thus far. Since she had been reborn, it had not escaped Snow's notice that her purification skills were her most powerful ones. Her abilities in healing had decreased greatly, something that was not too unusual since her connection to Haven had been broken by her death. Unlike her healing abilities, they were easy to use and abuse and it took a degree of control to make sure that she did not do the latter. Too much power was not something she was fond of.

The idea that the exercise was easy did not diminish as Douglas spoke. In fact, it seemed almost strangely lacking in challenge for an exercise for fine-tuning her powers. It did make her wonder if Douglas was giving her al the details of everything he was planning. It would not be the first time he had kept details from her, trickster that he was.

Nonetheless, she did not question it. She trusted Douglas enough to know that he would not cause her harm- at least, not on purpose- and that was enough. Carefully, she focused on spreading out where she had purified things while maintaining her current work.    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 02:22 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Snow was maintaining her focus as Douglas gave her new directions for expanding her practice. Virginia watched, curious not only about Snow's powers but also about what methods Douglas was going to apply to make her find her true limits. He was a good teacher - Knowledge and all - and he had worked enough with Virginia for her to tell that he had a plan for shaking things up.

She tilted her head lightly as he talked quietly, facing away from Snow.

>>”Aftehh I make a signal, I wan’ ye ter try an’ distract Snow. Don’ give any indication yer doin’ anyfing, jus’ do’t - I wan’ ter see if she can keep ‘er ability goin’ if she loses concentration.”

That was... easier said than done. Virginia was a polite person by nature, not used to disrupting anything, or interrupting people in their work - be it training, speech, or otherwise. And yet, this was her training too, and Snow was not the only one who had to learn new things. Or cross boundaries.

As Snow turned back to exercising her powers, Virginia began her - admittedly subtle - work of distraction. First, she stood from where she had been sitting, and walked over to a small table that stood against a nearby wall. Fighting back her instinct to be polite, she dragged the table, legs occasionally screeching on the floor, slowly, until she found a place for it just at the edge of Snow's field of concentration. It was awkward, moving furniture like this, but it was also akin to her former students dragging their chairs, or the chalk on their boards, on purpose. She knew how unnerving that could be.

Once the table was where she wanted it, she repeated the action with a chair, then sat down, pulling some tea cups out of her (unusually deep) hand bag. She needed something less annoying, and more sudden. Once she set up everything, Virginia took a deep breath, and - after a quick glance at Douglas - she knocked one of the cups off the table.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 07:47 PM

Overall’t seemed vat Snow ‘ad a lot ov control when it came ter purification. She was able ter purify fings she was touchin’, as well as anyfing neahhby an’ wiffin a given range, includin’ multiple tahhgets at once. Altogevver she ‘ad a lot ov capacity ter control vis ability; bu’ if she was gonna weaponize’t in some fashion, she ‘ad ter be able ter accahhnt for somefin’ unexpected. Vat meant ‘e would have ter pull a fast one on’er; thehh was a good chance she expected somefin’ ahht ov him, sah ‘e was gonna have ter try ter be a bit trickiehh. An’ vat was why ‘e was enlistin’ th’help ov Gin.

Nae anyone was gonne expect Gin ter be….a disruptehh. Snow prob’ly anticipated vat he was gonna try somefin’ ter take ‘er attention off concentration - sah she was prob’ly ready for anyfing ‘e had ter say or do. Gin would come as a surprise - an’ if ‘e wohhked righ’ alongside ‘er ter distract Snow...she’d be facin’ multiple distractions at once - e’en hahhdehh ter keep concentration vat way. Fihhst ‘e would have ter see jus’ wot Gin’s game was gonna be.

‘E watched as she stahhted movin’ a….table? Well, vat was interestin’. Cehhtainly creatin’ noise would detehh Snow’s concentration, bu’ nae enough ter do much. Hopefuly she ‘ad somefin’ a bit bettehh van vat. ‘E watched as she...appeahhed ter set up….a spot ov tea fer hehhself, takin’ a chaihh ovehh ter sit dhhn, graspin’ a cup ahht ov ‘er bag. Vat was real cute. Bu’ jus as she was abahht ter settle in fer tea time, she glanced at Douglas wiff a….sahhrt ov worried look. An’ jus’ ven, she tossed one ov th’cups ter th’grahhnd.

Yea, vat was good. ‘E could wohhk wiff vat.

Wot ‘e was abahht ter do was...prob’ly nuffin’ short ov stupid, bu’ it wan’t anyfing vat would be lastingly dangerous. ‘E walked up ter whehh th’cup ‘ad shattehhed on th’grahhnd, crouched dahhn, an’ picked up a piece ov th’fallen cup. ‘E then held it in ‘is hand, an’ crushed ‘is hand arahhnd’t. ‘E could feel th’trickle ov wahhm blood runnin’ dahhn ‘is wrist. It was...a bit drastic ter say th’least, bu’ it was th’fihhst fing ‘e could fink ov; ‘e himself had quick enough healin’, an’ they wehh in th’presence ov boff a medicine woman an’ a healehh anyway - still, ‘e grit his teef an’ grunted.

Glass in th’wrist huhht like a bitch.
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
DOUGLAS WTF WHY |love, libby

MOMO TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 12:53 AM

Snow had long ago found it difficult to ignore distractions. It was something old, an instinct that had become so fine-tuned when she was a child that she was perhaps a bit too aware of her surroundings. Another would have certainly found it odd. After all, she had had little training in fighting outside of what she had been able to teach herself and the few months that she had been taught by Ares. However, abandoning a child in a forest tended to do things to them. For Snow, it had ruined a fair amount of her social skills and gained her many survival skills that she would have never learned during that time had she not been abandoned by her mother.

It did not take long for her to lose focus.

The scrape of a table and a chair were difficult to ignore. However, she had been in worse circumstances and could place it to the back of the mind. It did not particularly help that she did not completely trust her friend. Oh, she trusted him enough if she was in danger, but he had trickster tendencies. She would not place it beyond him to add a catch to this entire test. She was adamant not to fall for it, but-

I am a healer, first.

The sound of glass was quite distinct. It reminded her of her past, of broken trinkets and broken dreams. She hesitated for only a moment, but by the time she turned around red caught her sight. "The fuck are you doing, you stupid rabbit?" she snapped, anger immediately swimming to the surface. Did he enjoy getting injured?

Still, her power held steady.    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 08:37 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The sound of shattering glass seemed to get a reaction out of Snow White. Virginia looked up curiously, trying to see if she had done a good enough job distracting here, and at the same time hoping that the winged woman would pass the test and not break her concentration. It was a strange position to be in. She was just about to puzzle out yet another way of creating a distraction... when Douglas stepped in to take the lead from there. Picking up a shard of the cup, he closed a hand around it, and Virginia's eyes widened as blood started to drip. She was not the only one. As Virginia stood up in a hurry, Snow White also spoke up.

>>"The fuck are you doing, you stupid rabbit?"

Virginia winced. She had not expected a lady to talk like that, even if the seriousness of the situation called for it. The distraction, however, only lasted a moment, as she was too busy pulling a handkerchief out of her handbag.

"That" she said, pressing her lips together as she walked over to Douglas "Was thoroughly uncalled for."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 10:34 PM

In all honesty th’action ov takin’ glass inter his hand an’ slicin’ it open was boff painful - well, which was ter be expected - an’ also entihhely spontaneous. Thehh was nevehh any plan ter teahh open ‘is hand - vat jus’ sahhrt ov came ter him when Gin crashed th’glass.Th’spontaneity would wohhk in his favour - aftehh all if e’en he din’t expect’t, thehh was nae way Snow would eivver. Bu’ he did know vat Gin was prob’ly gonna panic. Maybe Snow, too.

Sah when ‘e heahhd Snow cuss ‘im ahht he had ter grin. Nae because ‘e’d pissed ‘er off - bu’ because despite th’distractions, she was still able ter maintain ‘er ability jus’ fine - vat shield wan’t goin’ anywhehh. Douglas hummed, tuhhnin’ as Gin approached, bringin’ wiff ‘er a handkehhchief. Douglas unclenched ‘is hand, pullin’ th’glass ahht ov his skin wiff a wince as ‘e tried ter smile. ”Oh yer righ’. Bu’ somefin’ like vat is bahhnd ter happen in a real fight wiff th’Antis, ain’t it? Ye need ter be able ter stand strong e’en when ye see friends gettin’ huhht like vat. Snow did jus’ fine.” He tuhhned ter th’angel wiff a nod. ”I fink vat’s enough fer nahh. Ye cleahhly have a good grasp on vat pahher ov yours, more van I might ov fought. We can take a break nahh, get some aihh or somefin’ ter eat. An’ ye bihhds can relax -”

It wan’t goin’ fast ‘xactly, bu’ his hand was stahhtin’ ter heal o’er slahhly. ”-I did’t because I know I heal fastehh van ye migh’ expect ‘a most. I’ll be jus’ fine, ladies.”
you can count on me
Stop being a jerk Doug |love, libby

MOMO TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 06:17 PM

There was a reason that Snow did not entirely trust Douglas despite their friendship. She knew well enough that she could turn to him if she was distressed and that he would never stab her in the back. However, he could be quite chaotic- not that she was one to talk- and had a rather peculiar sense of humour. It was not too strange since for all that she did not know about him she did know that he was a trickster.

She stared at him with a withering look. "Anti-Guardians don't normally go stabbing themselves," she said dryly. Of course, there were probably a few exceptions, but she had yet to see one. In fact, the most brutal of anti-guardians she had seen had lost his temper when she had caused damage of a higher degree.

She pursed her lips before nodding at Douglas' words. "Alright." She was not particularly hungry, but a small amount of time to relax would probably do her well. Moving away from where they currently were, she sat down and took out a book that appeared to be written in German before opening it to read.    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 06:27 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Some blood dripped from Douglas' hand, and the shards of the tea cup crunched under Virginia's shoes as she walked over. She was more annoyed than worried this time at his antics, but at least Snow White had passed the test, and managed to keep a hold on her powers. Virginia would have been more miffed had the whole display been for naught.

>>”Oh yer righ’. Bu’ somefin’ like vat is bahhnd ter happen in a real fight wiff th’Antis, ain’t it? Ye need ter be able ter stand strong e’en when ye see friends gettin’ huhht like vat. Snow did jus’ fine.”

>> "Anti-Guardians don't normally go stabbing themselves,"

"No, but some allies bound to be more reckless than others." Virginia said with a pointed look at Douglas as he opened his hand and dropped the shard. Virginia shook out the handkerchief with a practiced motion.

>>”I fink vat’s enough fer nahh. Ye cleahhly have a good grasp on vat pahher ov yours, more van I might ov fought. We can take a break nahh, get some aihh or somefin’ ter eat. An’ ye bihhds can relax -”

Training was over, for now. Snow White released her concentration, and went to take a break after all the effort they put into their collaboration. Virginia took a look at Douglas' injuries, already closing up.

>>”-I did’t because I know I heal fastehh van ye migh’ expect ‘a most. I’ll be jus’ fine, ladies.”

"At least I don't have to stitch you up this time." Virginia muttered, wrapping the piece of cloth over his hand and tying it in a neat knot. She had seen him much more gravely injured than this - but it still annoyed her that he made light of the fact.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 12:43 AM

Ach, vat was quite th’glare she was givin’ him thehh. If looks could kill ven Snow migh’ ov jus’ slain him. He grinned, shakin’ his head at vat comment.E’en Gin was gettin’ in on’t, wiff her ahhn bitin’ comment. ”Well yea, vat’s true. Bu’ th’point was less abahht me stabbin’ meself - an’ more vat thehh was anuvver threat vat caused me ter git huhht. An’ asides vat...” He met Gin’s look wiff a grin. ”She’s righ’.” Aftehh all he was one ov th’most reckles Gahhdians….least wiffin his group.

Seemed they wehh boff willing ter take a break - which was prob’ly good; while thehh may not ‘ave bin a lot ov enehhgy expended, they shore ‘ad got emotionally heated an’ it was best ter stay wiff a cool head in trainin’. Douglas flexed his wrist wiff a grin ter Gin, noddin’ his head. ”Well a teacup ain’t got any sahhrt ov Godly or magical damage ter it. Jus’ cuts an’ scrapes. Bu’ if ye really wan’ed ter stitch me up ye could kick me arse an’ I’d let ye aftehhwahhd.”

Douglas sat himself dahhn wiff a sigh, a bit curious ov wotevehh Snow was readin’, but he wan’t abahht ter intehhfehh wiff wot she was lookin’t. ”Sah me bihhdies. Once we git back ter’t - was thehh anyfing ye wan’ed ter focus on?”
you can count on me

TAMMY MOMO
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 05:36 AM

Snow made a sound of vague amusement at Lady Virginia's words. Unfortunately, she actually knew the truth to what the other Guardian said if only because she had fought alongside Douglas before. She knew that he could be a rather careless fighter, especially if he was heavily invested within a fight. It made things difficult for people such as her, considering that healing abilities were nice and all but were sometimes not reliable within an actual fight.

If she were a bit more honest, she would admit that she was probably more reckless than her. After all, it had been her who had thrown herself in front of an attack that had been aimed for Douglas before. It had been foolish and it was the type of behaviour that was typical of her. Whereas Douglas merely held a habit for acting in a manner that was not heavily calculated, she merely thought more of others than herself, something which had killed her twice.

Her expression pulled thin and for a moment it looked like she was about to say something. You already know how I would react. However, she kept quiet instead. While it had been difficult, she had slowly begun to learn that there were some things that either did not say or did not say within certain environments. She ever spoke to Douglas about what had happened in detail it would be alone.

After having moved to her place to sit, Snow focused on her book. However, she could hardly refrain from rolling her eyes at Douglas' words. "Learning anything about my vision might be nice, if that is possible," she admitted. She somewhat doubted it though.    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 08:35 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”Well a teacup ain’t got any sahhrt ov Godly or magical damage ter it. Jus’ cuts an’ scrapes. Bu’ if ye really wan’ed ter stitch me up ye could kick me arse an’ I’d let ye aftehhwahhd.”

"I will do no such thing." Virginia stated firmly, as she turned back to the table to pick up the remaining shards of the cup. Distraction, indeed. She was pretty sure she could do no godly or magical damage to Douglas anyway, even if she tried. He was clearly amused by the idea of her kicking his... But it was a ridiculous idea.

>>”Sah me bihhdies. Once we git back ter’t - was thehh anyfing ye wan’ed ter focus on?”

>>"Learning anything about my vision might be nice, if that is possible,"

"Vision?" Virginia tilted her head curiously, before she remembered to answer "I would like to know exactly what the bubble can withstand... Or what can get through it."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 01:28 AM

Awrigh’ maybe ‘e’d bin enough ov an arse. Gin wan’t havin’ any ov his crudeness - which ‘e already knew, she was th’more propehh type an’ wotnot, bu’ still she was havin’ it e’en less van normal. Vat was usually a good sign ter stop an’ sah he would put a stop ter it. Vis time.

‘E knew vat Snow was iffed at him bu’ vat was….well. She din’t have any right ter spit at ‘im when she was jus’ as bad for’t, doin’ exactly th’same fing, jumpin’ reckless inter a fight. She was foolish n’ he wan’t abahht ter tell ‘er uvverwise - bu’ he also wan’t abahht ter voice’t righ’ here. Neivver, it seemed, was she - an’ fer vat he was glad. Instead she spoke abahht….her vision. Nahh vat could be a bit toughehh ter try ter leahhn abahht - in vis place, ‘least. Bu’ ven Douglas happened ter know th’way ter git ter someplace….vat migh’ very well have ‘xactly wot she needed. Somewhehh she could leahhn somefing vat Douglas din’t have th’capacity ter teach. Fihhst ‘e would listen ter wot Gin ‘ad ter say, ter make th’best assessment.

She wan’ed ter know wot th’bubble could wiffstand….wot could git frough it. Vat sahhnded like….vey would need ter stay ‘ere ven. Nae reason vat they couldn’t compromise a’course. ”Ter Gin - I fink we can stahht tryin’ ter train vat here. You n’ I migh’ need ter reconvene wiff anuvver Gahhdian who can do anuvver kind ov magic ter git th’full range, bu’ wiff wot we’ve got, we can make do. As fer you….” He tuhhned ter face Snow. ”Abahht yer vision. I dahhn’ fink vat I can help ye much wiff vat. Thehh’s ahhnly so much vat I’m able ter do - an’ most ov vat is ter do wiff physical fightin’, nae sah much mental effohhts. Bu’ thehh’s someplace we can visit vat ye migh’ be able ter leahhn more. It’s a library - vat ye can access from any door jus’ sah long as ye ‘ave in mind wot’t is ye wan’ ter leahhn abahht. E’er heahhd ov th’Opalescent Librarium?”
you can count on me

TAMMY MOMO
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 09:12 PM

Snow paused at Lady Virginia's implied question, realizing a moment later that she might not have fully explained earlier about her vision. She did not expect Douglas to explain the matter, but she did not feel entirely comfortable with leaving the other woman in the dark about the matter. Besides, the power was, to her knowledge, a fairly harmless thing to explain. Besides, there was little reason to be secretive around someone who was a fellow Guardian. After all, if you could not trust your allies who could you trust?

"Yes," she said slowly, "It is difficult to explain as I do not entirely understand the entirety of the power myself." After all, it was a power she had gained after she had died and it was nothing like the powers she had held as an Archangel. It hardly helped that she had not met anyone with a similar power. "However, I can basically tell the...corrupt from the pure, so to speak." She was convinced that it had something to do with the heart or soul. It was not something that she particularly enjoyed mentioning. After all, who liked knowing that another could judge such things? "It is connected to my vision."

Her attention focused on Douglas as he spoke up. She was not surprised that he could not personally help her. After all, physical fighting was more of his specialty. Still, he was the Guardian of Knowledge and it was only natural that he would know of another resource that might be able to help her. "The Opalescent Librarium?" she echoed, brow furrowing. She ran the name through her mind, only to come up with a blank. "No. Why?"    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.