Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Late for Dinner, tag Nick
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 09:35 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

"Oh." Nick blinked in recognition. He was familiar with the most common elements of myth and folklore, being a person created as help in a fairly magical place... but he had long learned not to make assumption based on names. He paused for a moment, before he started walking again, leading the young woman along.

"You are the Pandora of myth, then?" he concluded, guiding their steps away from the beach and up a winding path to higher ground beyond the dunes "I have not had an honor to encounter anyone of the Greek deities and spirits before."

It was a piece of curiosity, as far as Nick was concerned. Encountering a myth, or legend, in the flesh, was a remarkable experience, one worth noting in one's records. Especially since the girl seemed very different from how people usually portrayed her... not to mention the blindness.

"Have you always been... without vision? Or is that something that you also require assistance with?"
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:55 PM
Unknown • Former Human/Dæmon • Curiosity • Nomad

wildest dreams
Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress Staring at the sunset babe Red lips and rosy cheeks Say you'll see me again Even if it's just in your wildest dreams

Pandora could hardly see the expression on Nick's face, but she did sense that something was amiss when they came to a pause and a short bout of silence followed. In her experience, it was never good when people became silent. It normally meant that something was bad or that she might have said something funny. Of course, she could hardly imagine what she could have said that was bad. All she had done was answer his question.

Her brow furrowed before she nodded. "Yes," she said. She knew that there were some stories here and there, though how they were told was never entirely correct. In fact, they had not been told accurately even when the Gods had possessed more followers. Her expression to one of confusion. "Honour?" she echoed, "I do not think it is much of an honour to meet me. I am just Pandora." Exactly why that seemed to be special she could hardly imagine.

His tone seemed to be a bit more hesitance, taking on that way of speak people always had when they were not sure if they should be talking about the subject at hand. It was all rather silly, especially when he finished his questions. They were quite harmless! "No,"she answered bluntly, "I could see when I was human. My vision left me after I opened the box." Or most of it did. But was that important? It did not seem to be. "But that was a long time ago."

Her eyes widened. "But what are you?" she asked curiously, "You said you are not made of flesh. People are made of flesh. Are you made of wood? Or perhaps ice? Serpents do not like ice after all. I cannot imagine not being made of flesh. Is it uncomfortable?"

tag: Nick O. Time // words: TAMMY
PM
^
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: Mar 15 2017, 10:27 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>"Honour? I do not think it is much of an honour to meet me. I am just Pandora."

A being of mythology or not, the girl appeared to be humble. That did not change Nick's opinion; it was always an honor to make a new acquaintance, especially one whose name was well-known among people for centuries. His second question, about her loss of vision, got more of an answer.

>>"No. I could see when I was human. My vision left me after I opened the box. But that was a long time ago."

"Oh." Nick was familiar with the gist of the myth, but he did not recall any part about blindness. While traditions often diverged from the actual events, blindness seemed like something the stories might mention...

>>"But what are you? You said you are not made of flesh. People are made of flesh. Are you made of wood? Or perhaps ice? Serpents do not like ice after all. I cannot imagine not being made of flesh. Is it uncomfortable?"

"I would not say that it is uncomfortable" Nick answered, considering the question "It merely is... a fact of life. Alas, I am not made out of ice, or wood. I am a clockwork automaton, made of various metallic parts on the inside, synthetic skin, and a touch of magic. I was created in Santoff Clausen."
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 04:09 AM

wildest dreams
Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress Staring at the sunset babe Red lips and rosy cheeks Say you'll see me again Even if it's just in your wildest dreams

Pandora was unsure if she had said something wrong. Nicholas said few things in reply to her own words, giving her only 'Oh' to work off of. It was difficult to tell if he was merely stunned or whether she had said something offensive. She wanted to think it was the former. After all, she had only answered his questions. Moreover, she hardly thought there was anything hurtful about telling him that she had not always been blind.

Unless this was like the hesitance with even asking her the question? Perhaps he felt he had intruded upon improper territory but thought he could not take the words back. It was a silly thing to think, but then her hero seemed to be an unusual man.

Finally, he began speaking. Words spilled forth after she inquired about him. However, she found herself unable to understand much of what he was talking about. Many of the words were foreign to her, likely referencing other places she had yet to explore or new devices to the human world she did not know or understand about.

Naturally, she was curious.

"Clockwork automaton?" she echoed. She stumbled over the word in her attempt to repeat it as Nicholas had. "What is that? Is it akin to a clock?" She could recall learning of a clock once, during her travels. It was like a sundial. However, the daemon could hardly imagine someone being made up of one, especially with his description. From the sound of it, he had something of a body. After all, one needed a body to have skin- or at least fake skin- yes? "And what is Santoff Clausen? Where is that?" She had never heard of a place by that name. Perhaps it was like the Americas- just another place unexplored and unknown to her.

PM
^
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: Mar 21 2017, 09:34 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>"Clockwork automaton? What is that? Is it akin to a clock?"

"Yes." Nick nodded "My inner workings are mostly mechanical, akin to a clock. Magic makes the parts keep moving, and gives me sentience, but my body is mostly metal alloys and moving parts."

It was quite fascinating, actually. Not many people showed interest in the minute details of the workings of his body, but when they did, Nick found that he enjoyed sharing the information. It was a marvel, the way he (and his brothers) had been built, and quite frankly, he was proud of it.

>>"And what is Santoff Clausen? Where is that?"

"Technically, Siberia." Nick told her, a little surprised she had never heard of the place "It is a place of magical arts and inventions, protected from the mundane world. My... creator had a shop there, and he built me and my brothers as a show of his skill... as well as for help."

Nick tilted his head, turning the conversation back to Pandora.

"How about you? Is there a place you call home?"
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 02:04 AM

wildest dreams

Pandora listened to Nicholas' explanation. It was relatively interesting and almost entirely new to her. While she was rather pleased about being correct in that he was similar to a clock, she did find herself relatively confused with a few things. "What are alloys?" she queried, the word foreign to her, "Also, what do you look like?" It was difficult to imagine with what he offered. From the sound of it, he looked similar to a clock. However, she was unsure as to the truth of this considering when she had tried to drag him away the appendage she had felt had certainly felt nothing like a clock.

She was relatively glad that he had bothered to answer her questions and continued to do so. People seemed to find them odd at times, something she did not entirely understand. While she knew that she did not know things that others often knew about, she did not think it was something to get bothered about. After all, everyone lacked knowledge about something.

Her brow furrowed. Siberia? She rolled the word in her mind, trying to figure out where the place was. It was vaguely familiar. After a moment, it came to her. "Oh, I see," she said, nodding in understanding. A look of interest crossed her face. "Sounds fascinating." Of course, she doubted that it would actually be fascinating if she was ever capable of going there. After all, a place for arts and inventions did not sound like a place for her. Such things were often meant for people with sight.

She blinked at his question, her expression falling slightly. "No," she said. She hesitated for a moment, considering whether to expand. "I have not had a home since I was human; I am incapable of staying in one place long enough to have one."

PM
^
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 10:37 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>"What are alloys? Also, what do you look like?"

"Alloys are a combination of two or more metals." Nick answered the first question, but was a little taken aback by the second "I... look like a male human being, approximately twenty-eight years of age. I have... blonde hair?"

Nick had never paid much attention to his appearance. Not the parts that had been originally created, anyway; he usually took pains to be well dressed and presentable, and have his hair in order, but he never really considered his human looks as anything other than ordinary. He was not sure why Pandora asked about such a thing.
She seemed a little disappointed by his own question about having a home, and Nick felt he might have overstepped some form of a social or persona boundary.

>>"No. I have not had a home since I was human; I am incapable of staying in one place long enough to have one."

"Incapable?" Nick blinked at the very technical term "How so?"
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 12:21 AM

wildest dreams

Pandora's brow furrowed at Nicholas' explanation as she slowly nodded. It made a fair amount of sense, for the most part. "Why are they called alloys? That is a most peculiar name," she commented. In fact, she was not sure where it could have come from. English was not a language that she was overly familiar with despite her ability to speak it. Whenever she bothered to try and understand it, she found herself quite confused. It seemed to include a mixture of other languages, but the words were not always the same. A right mess, it all was.

She rose an eyebrow at his explanation. It was fairly simple, allowing her quite a bit of freedom to imagine what he might look like. "So, you look older than me," she noted. She had been about half his age when she had last been human and her current form was not much older than her human appearance, from what she understood. "You are taller than me then?" She was not exactly sure of her height, but knew that she was far taller, her natural form not nearly as short as she had been as a human. Men, though, could vary a lot, but she was unsure as to the common height of human men, particularly ones of this day and age, seeing as humans had changed so much. Why, they lived so long now.!

She tilted her head. "What is blonde?" she asked curiously. The way he phrased it made it sound similar to when Anton had told her he wore red clothing. "Is it a colour? What does it look like?" She could not recall a color that was called blonde and if there was one, her hair had never been that colour. It had been brown as a human. Now...well, she presumed that it was the same, unknowing of its reddish nature.

Pandora did not look surprised or concerned by his question. If anything, she found it relatively normal. People never quite understood what she meant when she spoke of her inability to stop, at least not at first. "I am forced to travel," she explained, "I cannot stop for too long. If I keep to one place for too long, my curse forces me to continue. It is quite painful and a bother." Or, she was quite sure it was a curse. She had nobody to explain it all to her, after all.

Her gaze shifted downwards, unseeing to her bloodied feet that had become damaged for this very reason.

PM
^
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: May 7 2017, 03:12 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>"So, you look older than me. You are taller than me then? What is blonde? Is it a colour? What does it look like?"

"I am somewhat taller, yes." Nick allowed. She was by no means tiny, but she was shorter than his frame. He could see the top of her head with the red-brown hair. He was not sure why she was interested in such things, but he assumed it had something to do with her lack of sight, and he was more than happy to indulge her. Even if her next question was somewhat baffling. "A blonde... yes, it is a color. It is a term used to describe hair that is... yellow. Or rather, sand-colored?" How did someone explain color?... "Sometimes compared to gold. Or... wheat? Sunshine?... It generally refers to pale hair."

Nick was relieved when the subject of the conversation changed to traveling.

>>"I am forced to travel. I cannot stop for too long. If I keep to one place for too long, my curse forces me to continue. It is quite painful and a bother."

She hung her head, and Nick followed the motion, glancing at her bare feet. She certainly looked like she had been walking on them for too long.

"That is a cruel sort of magic." he noted. It sounded like her curse used the same kind of elements as his own connection with Serendipity; putting limits on time to force motion. But hers was not helpful at all... They walked a little ways more, until he found higher ground away from the beach, and then found some sun-warmed rocks to stop by. "Would you like to sit? I could tend to your feet if you want."
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: May 7 2017, 05:10 AM

wildest dreams

Pandora listened to Nicholas studiously, taking in everything that he said. From his description, she had a slight idea of what he looked like. He probably looked like a human even though he as not one and was just around her own height, perhaps shorter than her when she was in her true form. She could remember yellow to a degree. It was the colour that the sun had been, so his hair was likely as bright as the sun. He was a sun child.

Nodding in understanding, her attention became more focused upon the talk of her curse. She paused at his words. "Is it?" she said, sounding genuinely befuddled, "I've never thought much about it, but...it is a curse." And curses were supposed to hurt, were they not? Moreover, it was not as if she remembered her time as a human well. Despite how short a time it had been, the entire experience was foggy.

She smiled brightly before nodding. "That would be quite wonderful."Unceremoniously, she sat down in the sand, not bothering to query about their surroundings. The ground was, in her mind, a fine enough place to sit.

PM
^
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: May 11 2017, 02:26 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Nick sighed a sigh of relief as he was not questioned further about his appearance. Not that he was not proud of it - but he always considered his looks as a sigh of excellent craftmanship, rather than anything else. Describing them in detail seemed superfluous. Looks, in this case, were not important, and did not add or distract from his capabilities to do what he was summoned for.

>>"Is it? I've never thought much about it, but...it is a curse."

"Indeed it is." Nick observed. He never liked curses much; they usually wielded magic like a blunt weapon, and when they did not, they had a kind of cold cruelty to them that even the neutral automaton could not ignore. He asked Pandora if she needed her sore feet tended to, and she seemed to like the idea.

>>"That would be quite wonderful."

She plopped down right then and there. Nick blinked, and then he followed suit, opening his bag and digging around for the carefully wrapped first aid supplies he always carried within. Her feet were in a sorry state, both dirty and bloody. Nick pulled put a bottle of water, and another, smaller bottle of disinfectant, and he got to work.

"So you just... walk?" he ventured as the picked up one of her feet and started carefully cleaning it "Barefoot? Is that part of the curse?"
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: May 11 2017, 04:24 AM

wildest dreams

Pandora's brow furrowed and she considered the Nicholas' words. "Are other curses different?" she asked curiously. In truth, she knew little about magic outside of what she had heard in stories. To her knowledge, it was not unusual that her curse hurt her. However, she was unfamiliar with how other curses tended to work.

She winced as the metal man went about cleaning her feet. "For the most part," she admitted, "I stop occasionally, but I try to not do that too often. I tend to meet people that way." She frowned at the question about shoes before shaking her head. "Not really. They just tend to wear away easily. I imagine that it is due to how much I walk. I have not gotten around to replacing my last pair."

PM
^
☥ NICK O. TIME
 Posted: May 20 2017, 04:02 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>> "Are other curses different?"

"Every curse is different." Nick noted as he worked on the cuts and scrapes on the girl's feet. He could tell she had walked a lot without shoes. It was both bad and good - her soles were hardened enough that most cuts did not go through the skin. But that much walking...

>>"For the most part. I stop occasionally, but I try to not do that too often. I tend to meet people that way."

Nick made a surprised sound. He had assumed that someone cursed with eternal movement would want to meet people, and make connections... but she talked about it like it was a nuisance. The automaton was not sure he comprehended why.

>>"Not really. They just tend to wear away easily. I imagine that it is due to how much I walk. I have not gotten around to replacing my last pair."

"Maybe I can help you with that too" Nick mused, cleaning and bandaging her foot, wrapping an excess amount of flexible bandages around it to serve as a makeshift slipper. "Excuse me for asking... is meeting people something you usually avoid?"
PM
^
☥ PANDORA
 Posted: May 20 2017, 04:43 PM

wildest dreams

Pandora nodded slowly in understanding. "But are they similar to my own?" she asked. She was sure that there was an order to it all. After all, as fantastical as magic was, she had been alive long enough to know that there was an order to it all. Magic was not capable of everything and anything, for those who possessed certain magics could only do so much. Moreover, she was certain that there were things that even magic could not do.

She tilted her head at the noise that emitted from Nicholas. Her brow furrowed in slight confusion. She wondered I something was wrong. After all, people often made peculiar sounds when there was something wrong, no? However, before she could question the matter, Nicholas continued to speak.

She paused and considered the matter. "I do not seek it out," she admitted, "However, I do not avoid it either. People are nice, but they always leave and it is rare that I might see them again."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.