Add Reply
New Poll

You could be the drugs and I could be the dealer, Raleigh's plotter~
♠ RALEIGH
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 04:54 AM
25 • Unseelie fae • Change • Ann Arbor, MI

Raleigh is far from what you'd consider to be, “stable.” Impulsive, reckless, and egotistical, he lives his life through one misadventure after the other. He’s had something of a mixed upbringing, owing to the fact that his fae parents swapped him for a human child when he was very young (and boy does he EVER have stories about that, believe him). For the first eight years of his life, he grew up as a human would, only to then strike out on his own to find his fae family. Upon finding them (much to their resignation), he struck something of a kinship with the human that had taken his place in his fae family, and stayed with them until he was old enough to truly take care of himself. When he left, he took his human brother with him, and he’s been causing shenanigans ever since.

Though he’s only heard about the supposed courts of fae in good ol’ Europe in bitter, twisted stories from his folks, Raleigh is an Unseelie through and through. He delights in picking on humans for no real reason whatsoever, and will go out of his way to teach humans “valuable” lessons in the meanest possible way. If he sees a disrespectful human, for instance? He may very well don a classic guise of an old crone, or weary elderly individual. And when they’re just as cruel and rude to him, he turns the abuse around on them a hundredfold. Maybe he’ll take on the person’s appearance, and ruin their job and interpersonal relationships for them. Maybe he’ll shadow them for a day, and cause all sorts of “accidents” that may or may not threaten their very life. He’s prone to changing his mind on the fly, so it’s difficult to say what he’d do, as ideas strike him in the moment, and he’s more than happy to switch from one lesson plan to another. It’s all in good fun, after all.
For him, not for them.

So, in short, expect a volatile, sadistic, and otherwise horrible person when dealing with this particular fae. As laid back as he can seem, he’s far from being a good guy.

Friends
Raleigh is a very, very childish person. While fellow courtiers will be treated to some sort of civility, he won't be super fond of the more serious and reserved types, nor will he be wanting to hang out with them after hours. He'll help them if their idea isn't stupid (read: boring), but otherwise he tends to operate under a, "you stay on your side of the seat and I'll stay on mine," mentality. That being said, spontaneous folk are more likely to earn his favour, especially so if they're of a morally grey or outright evil mindset. If anyone suggests to him that they should go throw rocks at cars stuck in a traffic jam, he'll be so down to do that. Hell, he might even take it one step further, and use his telekinesis to throw the cars at other cars. So long as it gets things moving, and keeps things interesting, he's willing to try it. Hell, oftentimes he'll follow through on whatever harebrained idea it is that pops into his head without considering the consequences first. As far as he's concerned, any form of stagnation is horrible, and would much prefer to see to it that things get changed up a bit.
It's why he likes the Boogeyman so much; guy's been pushing for some pretty awesome change.

Basically, be every bit as reckless and vicious as he is, and he's bound to like you. Or, at least, he'll wanna see just how many horrible ideas that the two of you can come up with. It's for science, or something, he doesn't know. Just go with it, okay? Great. Thanks.

Enemies
Guardians. Anyone who's set in their way. Boring people.
Raleigh has a pretty big problem with anyone who represents or helps to create stability, as he sees too much of it as a bad thing. Once you've seen all that it has to offer, that's it. It becomes boring, and in being boring, it needs to be changed. Depending on the circumstances, he may not outright attack anyone he considers an enemy on sight, but he'll certainly be a bit of a douchebag, and probably feel like trying to trip them so they fall flat on their face. Telekinetic tripping is the worst and he knows it, the little bastard.

Whenever he's feeling up to it, he may spend a day or two picking on humans, whether they deserve it or not. Granted, he likes to focus on the humans that step out of line over the ones minding their own business, but it's not unlikely for him to settle on tormenting some random human just cuz he can. And while he knows next to nothing about the fae courts, he'll probably roll his eyes a hundred times over at any Seelie fae he meets. Ye God, and he thought that HIS kind of fae was bad...
On that note, he's a bit iffy when it comes to Unseelie fae as well. Sure, he's more open to giving them the benefit of the doubt than he is Seelie, but...
Well, his parents were very bitter, and very stagnant when he was with them. So, he's not a fan of the more reserved and serious type of maliciousness that their kind can represent.

Lovers
throw cars at people with him and he'll be yours
Just don't expect a devoted relationship, cuz he ain't about that life. Oh, and no cuddling when he's not feeling well. Unless being blender'd by telekinetic energy is a turn on, then by all means, try to cuddle. He'll give a lovely eulogy at your funeral about how fucking stupid you were and then laugh.

Basically he's trash and probably couldn't even comprehend love if he tried. Not that he'd want to.

8U Uhhh, plots I can think of for thread scenarios could be stuff like getting into shenanigans with fellow courtiers, running into Guardians, learning more about the fae courts, or him goofing on mortals in some fashion or another. If you wanna join him in the latter, you're welcome to do so. If you wanna stop him, he'll get grumpy. But it's okay, he's more than happy to pick on you instead of the mortal if you insist.
Oh, and if anyone knows any remedies to severe migraines brought on by psionic whiplash, he'd love to hear about them. Or you could just race him in Mario Kart. The sky's the limit, so long as he's entertained.
PM
^
♔ GENGAR
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 05:57 AM
Immortal • Ghost Pokemon • Awkwardness • Kanto

Iollas and Raleigh

Interesting combination. Iollas was low born and essentially earned his spot in the Inner Court, but at heart he is still wild fae who likes to hunt and be a deceptive douche to mortals and fae. I could see Iollas being down for messing with humans and generally having a casual relationship with Raleigh. Iollas is a rather chill Dark Elf when he isn't focused on his hatred of humans. The Inner Court is rather boring, so anyone who can break the boredom is a boon. He can help alleviate his telekinetic migraines with a poultice here and there.

Tobias and Raleigh

Change and Revolution, they both have some interesting centers. Tobias is a rather mellow person, not as wicked as Iollas can be, but he is ready to make some major changes and moves for the Court of Shadows. It is time to shake up the mortal world and let the mythical beings flex their strength. Jury's out if he would be a good person to hangout with after hours, I can see them working well together when on a job for the Boogeyman. Perhaps a thread of them on an assignment or something along those lines.

Alexei and Raleigh

Whoa, telekinesis people. Alexei does have something to help with his psychic backlash way more potent than Iollas', mostly because Alexei is a wiz kid at alchemy and he has to treat his own. But there is the fact of Raleigh being a douche canoe so, it could be interesting exchange. He could exchange knowledge or information with Alexei for the ingredients. also coercion works.Tell me any ideas you get from this.

@SPLENDIFEROUS
PM
^
♠ RALEIGH
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 02:45 PM

@GENGAR

Iollas & Raleigh

Ohohohoho, you don't say? Raleigh sorta kinda ALMOST feels sorry for ya, dude; he knows enough to know that his parents' take on the Court is probably super biased, but from what he's heard, it doesn't sound fun. So, if Iollas feels like playing hooky from his responsibilities at the Court, Raleigh's more than happy to join him in pestering a human or five.
Could be that they both happen across some camping grounds filled with drunken college students, and both start to mess with them in some way? Bonus points if they're telling a spooky ghost story at the campfire, and Raleigh makes things levitate and scare them off into the woods, where they can be picked off, one by one. He'll flush 'em out from their safety net, Iollas, you hunt 'em down.
And if you give him a poultice after, he'd be much obliged.

Tobias and Raleigh

Ayyy, Raleigh already likes the guy. Mellow or not, as long as he's pushing for change, Raleigh thinks he's A+. Guy could lighten up a little, but hey, we all have our flaws. Tobias is too mellow, and Raleigh is too awesome. It happens, he gets it, and he can patiently wait while Tobias works out that little kink in his system.
But a job could definitely work! Could be that they're scouting out some lesser NPC Guardian's territory, to see if they can find ways to sneak more courtiers inside? Raleigh could use his glamour to make them both look like something that would belong there, and they could quietly chat as they snooped about. Don't even worry about it being a stealth mission with talking, Tobias. They've got this.

Alexei & Raleigh

Ayyyy, telekinetic buddy. Prepare for a double finger point over your shared power, Alexei, which will quickly devolve as Raleigh moves onto being a dick after that brief moment of camaraderie. I can definitely see him leaning more towards coercion if he figures out that Alexei can make that stuff for him, but it'd be a nice sorta coercion, since he doesn't want the guy slipping anything deadly into those poultices. He'll get super buddy-buddy, wrap an arm around his neck and pull him in for an all too tight side hug, while cheerfully prattling on and on about how nice it'd be if Alexei made him that stuff.
Also he could play Mario Kart with you or somethin. You get a video game buddy, you sad little man. And if you don't like video games, he'll show you how to play, and laugh when you fail.
He's really a great friend, please belief, and give him all sorts of poultices and potions.

8U But yes. I love all three things, so we'll have to get threads between all of them at some stage. It's just a question of which one you wanna go for first, since I don't wanna overwhelm you. Did you have any preference in particular?
PM
^
♔ GENGAR
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 09:55 PM

Iollas & Raleigh
Iollas would love to terrorize campers. He releases a pollen that get them to hallucinate some messed up things while they're lost in the woods and let it snow ball from there where can get them one by one. I love it >.> This is how Iollas likes to spend his Friday nights, doing real fae stuff.

Tobias and Raleigh

I like that idea, Tobias loves sneaking out and is ready to stick it to Man. Tobias can mess with people's emotions so they would be a pair for infiltrating. I think they would be awesome together so much I would watch a buddy cop flick with them, even if they aren't cop material. Sabotage scenario sounds like a good plot.

Alexei & Raleigh

He likes friends and Mario Kart, as long as Alexei gets to be Waluigi. I mean he will also be scared of Raleigh. Alexei would be a mix of "cool a fae and "oh crap a fae." I'm sure with a little persuasion from Raleigh he would be very much inclined to help him . Alexei literally has written a whole of things to treat Psychic backlashes.

As for which to start I am definitely down for starting Iollas and Alexei first. After Tobias is freed from a few things, we can toss them into the fray. Tell me what you think.

@SPLENDIFEROUS
PM
^
♠ RALEIGH
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:37 PM

@GENGAR

Short post cuz phone at work BUT I love everything. And of course, Alexei can be Waluigi. Raleigh will settle for someone else.

But the two threads for now sounds good! Want me to grab the camp crashers starter, and you can get the Mario Kart bros starter?
PM
^
♔ GENGAR
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 11:46 PM

Sounds like an excellent plan! I'll start the Alexei one tonight.

Also on phone rn lol
PM
^
♔ CARMA
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 06:51 PM
??? • Canadian • Feels • The snowy place

@RALEIGH ohoho some ideas <3

RALEIGH & EMIL
Okay these two have some interesting common areas....in that both kind of lived with humans for a while. Granted for Emil he was more or less a trophy husband that humans thought were pretty and him staying with them meant the water of his river stayed clean, so it was a LITTLE DIFFERENT....but it's still an interesting common area for them. Plus they're both Unseelie, and neither are part of the court. Mind you, Emil currently assists the Unseelie court.....but who knows, a meeting with Raleigh could change his mind.

Meeting him will be interesting though because....Emil will probably try to seduce and then kill him because he would prob smell like humans. Mind you his glamour is more effective on humans than fae, so exactly how seduced Ral is would be up to you...and if he has a way to point out that HE AIN'T HUMAN then he may even skip right over that part, lmao. But ye that's the first scenario I could think to toss

RALEIGH & TANY
Well. Fae mom who steals people to become her human pets....fae who was swapped with a human....redhead.....there are some fun similarities. Oh and by the way she's a high-ranked member of the Seelie fae. Honestly between their attitudes both being somewhat chaotic, and the sheer opposition they have (twofold - seelie vs unseelie, court vs courtless) there is just so much interesting here. Not to mention the whole family weird shit...Tany and stealing humans is a problem I stg. But ehy sometimes she lets them go! When she gets bored. And even then they don't always make it out.

I'm less sure of a scenario for these two unless something hilarious happens like....Tany fancies a human that Raleigh is in the middle of ruining and she steps in to prevent it but then it's like "oh I wasn't saving them I just want them myself lol"

RALEIGH & DOUG
Okay some of Raleigh's antics literally sound like Douglas pranks. Appearing as people and ruining their social lives? Dude that's a trickster game. As a Guardian Doug is a bit atypical in that he puts Collection Of Knowledge above his Guardian duties, plus he's always a trickster at heart....so I think these two could have an interesting type of snarky relationship?

Scenario wise it could be Raleigh trickstering someone, then Doug steps in like "ha nice mate but lemme do you one better"
PM
^
♠ RALEIGH
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 08:30 PM

@CARMA

Phone post, so rip me over any typos that occur. At least we know it won't be the hard typos that shall not be named, given that I've purged the from predictive spelling. ANYWAY.

Fae bros
RALEIGH WOULD BE SO INSENSITIVE TO THAT TRAUMA. Like, laughing right in Emil's face level of insensitive. But hey, Emil can cheer up with the knowledge that he wasn't the only one who was too pathetic to leave that sorta situation; Raleigh's human brother was pretty bad at that, too.
But hey, he'd at least approve of the fact that Emil wasn't officially part of the court, but he WOULD ridicule him for helping out all the same. That's like doing all the legwork for no reward, dude, and besides, the courts all sound kinda stupid, so why waste your time on their stupid struggles that don't ever seem to change? You're better off focusing on you, and doing what YOU want. Kay? Kay.

Omg though he'd be all kinds of "bruh wut" if seduction was leveled against him with the intention of turning him into a meal. He'd probably be a bit interested at first, but the whole being eaten thing would really but a damper on his mood. And he would bluntly tell Emil himself that he was a fae of he realized what he was doing lmao. But even if he ain't human, he can still kick your ass at Mario Kart, Emil. Fight him, he'll leave your archaic ass in the dust.

Fae hoe and fae bro
:zoomeyes:
And he thought his parents had issues.
Raleigh would be a teeny bit confused by Tany's behavior, but he certainly wouldn't disapprove if it. He'd just be all "lmfao bitch u cray smh" and finally see why, exactly, his parents got the fuck out of dodge when it came to the courts. He can't blame them for not wanting to deal with THIS level of crazy, if she's a good example of how Seelie fae tend to be.
But he'd also get like, super spiteful with her. Oh, you wanted that human for yourself? Well, too bad because now their neck's been snapped. And y'know what? He might just go and snap the neck of EVVVVERY single human in the area, just so she doesn't get what she wants. Cuz honestly, lady? He was here first, and if you try to tell him what to do, you've got another thing coming.

So things would probably go south real quick between these two, since Raleigh's a disrespectful little shit when he's given commands from anyone other than Pitch. which honestly would be hilarious

Tricksters Anonymous
excuse you, you overthrown space rabbit
But hey, if you've got something hilarious to add, go right ahead. Raleigh would keep the Guardian thing in mind if he ever learned of it, but so long as Douglas kept things interesting and helped to goof on humans, he'd be willing to let it slide for the time being.
So all of Raleigh's yes to being paid a visit by an giant space rabbit. Could be that he's practicing his precision with telekinesis and goofing on someone all at once? He could be tailing some dude, all glamoured up to look like a pigeon or something, and could do minor things like carefully move his wallet, keys, etc from one pocket to another as he's going about his daily life. This is what humans get for having as many pockets as they do. And it's hardly Raleigh's fault if the human has some kinda nervous breakdown over that shit. He should've kept track of where he was putting his stuff, clearly.

But yesss I'm loving these three thread ideas. I think, out of them all, I'm feeling the Tany one the most? And Doug and Emil are tied at second place xD so if you had a preference between them, we could go with that.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.