Add Reply
New Poll

An Unexpected, But Welcome Guest, Tag- Persephone & Eurydice
✧ OKITA SOUJI
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 01:32 PM
181 • Japanese Kami • Endurance • Jukai, Japan

Souji's Residence, Japan - Spring 2024

user posted image

Souji had to admit; he had been surprised when Eurydice appeared at his residence informing him that Persephone would be coming in the evening. He had just finished his morning patrol of the springs and was listening to reports from Kinchou when the shy shade appeared. If there was any word Souji would use to describe Eurydice, it was ‘respectful’- if not nervous. Then again he supposed the nervousness was due to her being largely unfamiliar with the surroundings she now found herself in. Japan was extremely different from Greece, let alone ancient Greece, let alone the Greek Underworld. He was still trying to wrap his head around the idea that there was more than just Yōmi.

Either way, he was accommodating at the very least- he made some tea, to serve to his new guest. Pouring her, Kinchou, and himself a cup. Souji sat down studying the shade.

The air was crisp for once, the humidity of summer had now finally left- and replacing it was the beginning of Autumn. The leaves on the trees in the small garden towards the center of his home were already changing to a amber orange.

Souji waited for her to situate herself, helping her when she spilled her tea in surprise- clearly never having tried it before- that was a surprise. He poured her another cup and they were back waiting. Finally, Eurydice seemed to compose herself long enough to explain just what exactly had happened- and even then the samurai still found himself at a complete and total loss.

Apparently, there had been some sort of fight? And now Persephone was due to come and visit- and she might be staying multiple days. He tried to assure Eurydice that it was no trouble- and it really wasn’t. It just meant he needed to start preparing now. He gave her a small smile and asked Kinchou to go and fetch some Kimonos, spare clothes, and other necessities from some of the other yōkai and humans. The samurai would easily be able to pay for the things and at the very least he needed to be able to accommodate Persephone. She was also Goddess- a Kami in the eyes of the Japanese and of the Greeks alike. While she might not be worshiped by the Japanese people, it would be customary to treat her as the Kami she was while she was his guest.

The bird flew off, and Souji went to go prepare the rooms. He laid out the Futons and removed clean blankets. He also asked some nature yōkai to gather some leaves and flowers for arrangements. He would also get ingredients to prepare a good dinner and breakfast. This was all to common to the Samurai, unexpected guests happened- even if he did like pre-warning but at the very least Eurydice’s warning came earlier than a majority of Emily Jane’s. So he was happy for that.

The shade was not obligated to help, but she insisted in a way that amused Souji. And so the work went by quickly at least. By the time Kinchou had returned with the things assisted by other yōkai, the preparations had been done. Kinchou was left to prepare Eurydice’s items- as a surprise for the shade. And Souji left Persephone’s preparation to Eurydice. They would share a room near the garden. The room was tatami floored, with a low table that would be moved in the evening when it was time to lay out the futon. On the table were two small dumplings and a tea set. A simple arrangement accented the room.

Looking at the sky- Souji had to admit he was surprised by how fast the day had gone with all the preparations. He began to cook dinner. It wouldn’t be too long now before Persephone arrived, and by the time she did- he intended to have dinner at least semi-ready for serving. And then maybe, maybe… she could offer an explanation and clarification on just what exactly happened.

@CHICKADEE
@KATRINA

Music: Summer by Hisaishi Jo
PMAIM
^
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: Oct 7 2016, 06:22 PM
Ancient • Goddess of Spring • Life • Underworld

A constant wave of tension
On top of broken trust
Persephone had to get out. She needed distance. Never before had the goddess been so confused in her entire life. To have such intense conflicting emotions about her husband was completely new to her and as such, she needed the time and space that Spring could bring. She'd have to wait for it to come, but then she would be away for a time and could work through everything at her own pace. In a desire to begin that process a little bit early, Persephone left her home for an extended stay with each of her daughters and Hecate, knowing that their mere presence would be like a balm on her ragged soul. The goddess could stay among them until her other duty called. But what then?

The goddess didn't know what to do when she went topside, but it certainly hit her like a ton of bricks when summer came. Souji! The Japanese nature spirit was a good friend of hers, a lovely host, and was easy to talk to! Surely he would allow her to come for a visit. Besides, Japan was a lovely country and honestly, she could use some of that peace and serenity. Perhaps it could even provide her with much needed clarity. The goddess summoned Eurydice and sent her to inform Souji that she would be arriving sometime that evening, providing that her travel was unhindered in anyway.

Travelling to Japan was easier than she expected it would be, particularly when she employed more sneaky methods of travel, so she was pleased when she arrived to Souji's abode as the sun was beginning to set; it gave her a moment to enjoy the peace of the area in which he lived. When she'd had her fill of fresh air, the goddess glanced down at her travelling clothes, pleased to find that they were still decent looking and patted down any fly away hairs. Without a mirror, this would just have to do. Souji was a forgiving man, surely he would understand if she looked less than her best.

Drawing herself up to her full, petite height, she made her way to the entrance of his home and knocked softly, not wishing to intrude should he be otherwise occupied. She had time, she could wait.

made by jaronart

@ALIVI @CHICKADEE
PMEmail
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 03:07 AM
Forever Twenty • Shade • Promises • The Underworld
Chickadee! 27 posts application plotter wanted tracker other

I
n all honesty, Eurydice did not like the human world as it was now. It was too loud, with too many bustling humans about, looking at their little contraptions and going about their new weird cultures.. The metal death machines scared her, although..death machine was not it's real name. Rather, it was called an automobile, but she saw what those things could do. Eurydice simply shuddered at the thought!
English was a new language for her too, and although it was not the only language that was new, it was the only one she had become adapted to speaking the best.

If she was stubborn enough, Eurydice would have refused to go topside as much as she could. However, the only reason she did go was for Persephone. That was the only reason.

Japan, such a strange place. Not strange as in bad, of course not, it was just...new. She hadn't been there before, and coming upon Okita Souji's place, she did approach with a manner of apprehension.

The newness of such place was enough to distract her from the more...troubling thoughts, enough so that when he welcomed her in, she'd very nearly forgotten why she was there in the first place. But Eurydice had quickly redeemed herself, receiving this new drink...tea, with thanks.
Surprise had hit her like a wave, and spilling the tea had been embarrassing indeed. The shade would have blushed, if she still could, but her paled features merely flushed even more so.

This time, having composed herself enough to receive a fresh, new cup, the lithe shade decided it was very well enough at the moment to explain to Okita Souji on why she had been sent in the first place.
Vague in her reason why, Eurydice decided beforehand to let Persephone explain the rest, in detail if she wished. It was not in the shade's right to steal her lady's words from her.

Perhaps it was ingrained in her since become a lady-in-waiting in the Underworld, but Eurydice had thought it would be plenty rude just to let Okita Souji do all the preparations. He had let her help, which she was glad for. The passing of the day went on quickly, and before she had even realized it, it was nearly time for Persephone to arrive.

At the knock of the door, Eurydice had solidified from slipping into the shadows, and moved towards the door. Looking down at the outfit she had dressed into, called a Kimono, with brown sleeves and long fabric that went just a little past her shins, in mild curiosity. It felt...different. Not bad...just new.

Opening the door, a look of relief broke across her features at the sight of Persephone, and dipped down into an automatic curtsy at the sight of her lady.
"Hi." A smile, such a thing not crossing her features so easily, appeared upon her face and she moved aside for Persephone to enter. "I believe Okita Souji is cooking dinner right now."

PM
^
✧ OKITA SOUJI
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 10:02 AM

It was pretty clear to Souji that Eurydice wasn't exactly used to the mortal world- and it did make him wonder if perhaps Persephone was really up to the task of being here for a while. He wasn't too much of a fan of fusses, but there was also the feeling that perhaps this was a needed thing. Persephone was not one to just randomly drop in on someone. There had to be a reason... and he found himself growing more curious as time passed.

The sun was beginning to sink lower when he sensed someone had arrived... that would be Persephone. Eurydice had at least at this point stopped fretting- for the most part, she had relaxed a bit more which was a relief. He didn't miss the way Kinchou seemed to be minding her. That was strange... as long as he didn't get too distracted- Souji wouldn't care. Kinchou was his own being anyways...

Souji instead focused on finishing up the meal preparation... since it was Persephone's first night he wanted to be sure she felt welcomed and so in typical Japanese fashion he pulled out all the stops. He made sure to prep a variety of dishes showcasing the tastes and feeling of spring.

It would be fresh, clean, and simple... everything would be in order. Upon hearing the door open he too went to the entrance to welcome Persephone into his home, Kinchou followed not too far behind. Upon seeing the Goddess, Souji felt a mild sense of surprise and worry fill him, although his expression did not betray it. She seemed to be frazzled... whatever had happened must've really gotten to her. Instead he reminded himself that she was here as his guest, he would make her feel welcome. And so with these thoughts, a small smile spread across his features as he bowed deeply,

"Welcome to Japan, Persephone. I hope you will be comfortable staying here at my home." He looked over as Kinchou bowed as well echoing the sentiments. Straightening Souji motioned to some slippers she could choose to wear inside the home if she so wished, but Kinchou was barefoot so it would be clear that she could do whichever she pleased.

"Please feel free to make yourself comfortable in however way you wish. We prepared a room as well as clothes for you if you want to make yourself more comfortable. Dinner will be ready within an hour or so, for now I hope you can relax." He did mean it, and she would know. They would discuss whatever needed discussion over food. Until then, she needed time to herself.

@PERSEPHONE @EURYDICE
PMAIM
^
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: Nov 29 2016, 06:36 AM

On top of broken trust
As she half-expected, Eurydice answered the door; the shade was very attentive to her and didn't like other people attending to the goddess - Persephone was merely very spoiled to have such a good friend and handmaiden. Still, she wasn't expecting Eurydice to be dressed in the local garb. It looked nice on her, if not a little odd. Still, it was reminiscent of Grecian garb in the way it hung on the body, but was closer fitting and looked lovely on the shade. "Eurydice," she greeted, inclining her head with a small smile. "Do I look like a mess? I feel like I do... Did you say that Souji is cooking? I didn't know he could cook!"

Moments later, Souji and his companion, Kinchou, entered the room to greet her; as custom in his country, it was with a deep bow and a small smile, which she returned. "Thank you for allowing me to inconvenience you with such short notice, Souji," she replied, her lips quirking a bit. "I'm sure my stay will be more than comfortable and I thank you for caring for Eurydice in my absence." Souji then gestured to some slippers that she could wear, should she choose and informed her that they had prepared a room and clothes for her. Relief flooded her face at that comment, for she would love an opportunity to make herself more presentable for her host.

"Thank you, my friend, you are a gracious host," she told him sincerely. Persephone slipped out of her sandals and arranged them by the door before sliding her feet into the slippers. They were plush and made her smile. "I would like to make myself more presentable for dinner," the goddess turned to Eurydice. "These traveling clothes have seen better days, Eurydice, will you remind me to retire these?" At the familiar nod, she returned her attention to Souji and bowed again. "I will see you at supper. If you send word to Eurydice, I will find you."

The goddess turned to her friend and companion and allowed herself to be led to her room; it was lovely and bright, with beautiful flowers and a simple tea setting awaiting them. The sight brought a grateful tear to her eye as the screen door slid shut behind them, allowing Persephone to drop the mask that she had carefully schooled into place. "I need to wash this dirt from my skin... Some new clothes... something for my nerves..." she was mostly talking to herself, but she knew that Eurydice was listening, waiting to jump to action as she always was. Persephone was truly blessed to have someone taking care of her when she wasn't in the best frame of mind to do it herself.

"Tell me, Eurydice, do I have something as lovely to wear to dinner?"

made by jaronart

@ALIVI @CHICKADEE
PMEmail
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 09:08 AM

E
urydice wanted to go back to the Underworld, plain and simple. It was where she belonged, where she felt most...comfortable. Although, comfortable was loosely put, the Greek maiden didn't feel much of anything anymore, even more so when she was topside. Although she was sure Japan was a lovely place, they certainly seemed awfully polite here, it all came down to the fact that it is much different than Ancient Greece.
The Underworld was a safe haven, somewhere she could relate (however macabre that was). But with the events that had occurred, how tense everything was down there! Even the other shades liked the gossip, seemingly death couldn't separate them being busybodies.

Even in her nervousness at being in such a new place, Eurydice was still sharp enough to catch the way the dark bird had been watching her. Did it require food? She had seen Master Souji talking to it, so maybe it could speak like they did? Japan just kept getting more...odd, but Eurydice supposed Greece wasn't any more weird in terms of the mythical department.

However, she'd just have to get over her apprehension for right now. She was here for Persephone, and Master Souji had been very kind in letting her help with preparations, although there was still some she didn't get to do. It felt weird, having stuff being prepared for her, as well as not getting to assemble everything for Persephone's arrival...

Sinking into the shadows, that had been where she was dwelling in one corner of a room when she heard the knock at the door. Springing into action immediately and greeting her friend and lady goddess at the door, the two greeted each other familiarly.
A shake of her head followed, a sympathetic smile pulling at her lips at Persephone's first question.
"No...no, you look well. We have things prepared for y-..." Cutting herself off as Master Souji and his bird came upon the scene, the shade quickly shuffled out of the way with her head automatically bowed.
Keeping quiet as the two had their exchange, the shade rubbed her bare heels together, looking around the entrance they stood in. Eurydice decided she definitely would have to tell the other shade's about wearing slippers in the palace, perhaps they would be excited over it?

Finally looking towards Persephone as she addressed her, the same small smile curled her lips as she nodded her head once.
"Of course, my lady." The lithe shade replied, lacing her hands together in front of her. After parting words from Persephone to Souji, and a respectful nod of the head from Eurydice, the shade turned and led the Goddess of Springtime to the room. Carefully sliding the door shut after them, Eurydice knew what was coming before she had even entered the room.

Once she began speaking, the shade was already bustling around, doing last minute preps and setting things into place. Dusting off her kimono, the shade began speaking after the Goddess was through.
"There are baths prepared and ready to use, there's an inside one and an outside one. I wasn't sure which you preferred, although the outside one is quite beautiful. I made sure the water temperatures are as much to your liking as possible." While her tone was quick to announce the desired information, a certain softness was heard. A rather unusual sound fitting the rather opinionated and reserved shade, yet was one that usually came out around Persephone, especially since what she had to go through. "Do you require assistance when you bathe?"

Tugging at the medium length sleeves of her light brown kimono, the shade stilled in place once more from her bustling about, facing Persephone. Slowly shifting back and forth between her different levels of intangibility as she thought, there was a moments pause before she spoke.
"Master Souji and the other spirits prepared clothing for you to wear as well, oh it's absolutely lovely." The shade breathed, her eyes going a bit dreamy for just a moment. If there was something that Eurydice loved, truly did love since she was just a simple nymph, it was clothes. Although, she did often lack them way back when.
Quickly walking over to where the kimono was laid out, light blue fabric soft to the touch and floral pattern beautifully intricate, the shade drew her fingers over it as she let a soft smile slip over her features while she looked towards Persephone.
"Shall you wish to change in here once you are through with your bath?" The shade asked, a look of a liveliness appearing in her eyes for just a few moments. While awaiting an answer, the Greek maiden stood poised and ready as ever, read to be sent into action at just a simple command.

PM
^
✧ OKITA SOUJI
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 03:42 AM

Souji had no qualms about waiting for a short while in order to further discuss things with Persephone.

"As I have said before, and I will continue to say, it is a pleasure to host you. Short notice or not. You and those you trust are welcome here." He glanced at Eurydice- she seemed to be feeling slightly uncomfortable and he made a mental note to perhaps ask Persephone for advice later on. Eurydice was- after all- another guest and deserved a calm and relaxing stay as well.

"Then we will meet later, take your time and I can assure you things will be prepared well. If there is anything you need, just send for myself or Kinchou and we will take care of it promptly."

With those words, Souji stood and motioned for the bird to follow him. Kinchou glanced once more at Eurydice before flying off with Souji. As they made their way back to the kitchen, Souji smiled slightly earning a tilt of the head from his bird companion.

"You going to actually show yourself? Perhaps help me?" Souji asked, clear amusement in his tone. Kinchou huffed at that and in a swirl of gold light and black feathers, he transformed into his human form. The young man studied Souji with a bit of a frown.

"What?" Souji asked, his green eyes meeting gold and the corners of his mouth still upturned in a smirk.

"You are teasing me. And you know I don't like that." Kinchou said with a grumble. He ran a hand through his black hair and sighed.

"Well it has been quite a while since I've seen you taken with someone." Souji responded, beginning to wash cucumbers that had been harvested from the garden.

At this Kinchou's eyes widened and his cheeks turned a slight touch of pink. "T-Taken?! What are you even talking about???" This reaction only earned a chuckle from Souji. Kinchou huffed a bit more picking up a washed cucumber and beginning to slice it. "You humans..." he muttered.

"Am I wrong?" Souji asked passing another one to his assistant.

"....No. She's pretty... but at the same time not sure she'd look my way. She seems not comfortable here."

Souji nodded, "I noticed the same thing myself honestly, I suppose if I instruct you to ensure her stay is just as nice as Persephone's you'd be willing to do that?" Souji glanced over at the yokai who was now staring in shock at the samurai.

"...You can't be serious." Kinchou muttered, "....You are way too cruel to me. Why do I even stick around someone like you..."

"I am serious. I have full faith in you. And I am certainly thankful for all you do. If you reaaaaaallly don't want to do this. I suppose I can always ask another yok-"

"I'll do it!" Kinchou said quickly cutting in. "I'll do it. Don't ask anyone else."

Souji chuckled and nodded. "Alright. I hope all goes well then." He said as he continued to prep dinner. Maybe this visit was going to be more interesting than he originally thought.

PERSEPHONE EURYDICE KATRINA CHICKADEE
PMAIM
^
✧ PERSEPHONE
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 01:16 AM

On top of broken trust
Eurydice barely had time to reassure her that she looked decent before Souji had appeared in the room, greeting her with the assurance that her presence in his home was welcome, regardless of the short notice. She smiled when he’d said that those she trusted were also welcome - Souji was a rare gem. ”Of course, Souji,” she replied, inclining her head. "Thank you for your hospitality. We'll be along."

The shade drew the door closed behind them and immediate began bustling about as the goddess rambled on and on; honestly, how Eurydice put up with her all these centuries was beyond her. A bath sounded absolutely delightful, but the idea of taking one outside? Now that sounded like absolute Elysium. Persephone began shedding her travelling clothes as her friend offered her assistance in the baths. "No, Eurydice, I can manage on my own for now," she assured. "I just need a towel and an escort."

Persephone chuckled softly at the expression on Eurydice's face as she gushed about the clothing that Souji had so graciously provided to his guests. "Is it now?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'll see it when I return, I'm sure." The goddess glanced around the room and saw that the diligent shade had already set out a towel for her; picking it up, she wrapped it around her body and turned to face Eurydice again. "Whenever you're ready..."

made by jaronart

Sorry about the shortness of the post!

ALIVI CHICKADEE
PMEmail
^
☥ EURYDICE
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 02:07 AM

T
here was something wrong with her Goddess. Of course, that was not surprising, being quite obvious with the events that had transpired. The events had truly rocked her to the core, and the very last thing she needed was any more terrible trauma or turmoil to head her way.
Eurydice was determined to protect her lady goddess from here on out. Nobody was going to get past the shade to get to her lady.

Nobody.

But first things first, she needed to tend to Persephone. While she bustled around the room, listening attentively as she rambled on, and on. Honestly, she didn't mind. There was a chunk of time out of the year where Eurydice didn't get to speak with Seph, so she treasured every moment she got with her. This was no different.

Being dead and friends with the Queen of the Underworld had its perks. Lots of perks actually. One of those perks being clothes, which she got to indulge herself with every once and awhile. Japan had such nice clothes, albeit different than what she was usually used to. Ah, seeing the clothes they were given practically made her squeal! But she wouldn't outwardly, of course, Eurydice really didn't do that anymore.

As Persephone was prepared to head out to the baths, the outdoors one, Eurydice nodded. Straightening up from cooing over the pretty, floral kimono, the lithe shade dusted off her own kimono with a sweep of her hands. Heading towards the door, she pushed it open, gesturing with her hand to follow.
Once the Goddess had exited the room, Eurydice shut the door quickly. Remembering the way towards the baths that Souji had shown her, the shade was quick to lead her Lady the rest of the way. A bath would do her good, Eurydice was sure of it.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.