Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

In the Gardens, Fairlee my child~
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: May 12 2017, 02:08 AM
Olde • Fae • Superiority • Ireland

I WILL SET THE WORLD ON FIRE

There was something charming about roaming about the wilds of the human realm. Not….in any way because of the humans themselves - they were frankly a terrible bore - but much more to her interests, because the wild fae who stayed in that realm - the seelie, at least - revered her as a queen among the fae. In the literal sense? Of course not. They were just as aware of Her Vibrant Highness as Tanerys herself was. But she was treated with the very same grace. She had a special fondness for the flower fae, wild little children who she visited frequently. They were spritely little excited things - Farren’s kin, the precious little dreamer prince. When she visited, she would oft come with a story about him - a great battle, a tale from the war and how he marvellously healed. It was a...decent way to pass her time while she gathered her supplies.

Such was how she spent her day now; she knew this particular garden of fae rather well - a family of lilies were the impromptu ‘leaders’, in a garden of many a wild fae - roses, daffodils, peonies. They were some of her favourites, this particular garden, because they had a habit of gathering around her when she came and fawning over her. They were all quite young little things, and so to see a beauty such as the Mother of the Hearth walk among their kind was to be greeted by a Princess - certainly, it was enough to stop the hearts of little garden variety fae. And she adored the attention - moreover the stories she told were both entertaining, and served to paint the Seelie Court in the light of the heroes to yet more. Let the Unseelie be seen as the terrible little beasts that kidnapped children and ate them whole.

There was someone new among her little flower fae, though; whispers from the lily children told her that there was another fae in their presence, one that none of them could say they recognized. They said that she had been visiting lately - she, whomever this stranger was, they were a female. How interesting. Most likely they wouldn’t cause any sort of disturbance, but all the same, the fire fae felt a protective surge over her little flowers. She was like a mother to them, after all.

FAIRLEE || Oho who's this newcomer~?

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: May 12 2017, 03:49 AM
Unknown • will-o-the-wisp • Innocence • Nomad

light on my feet ,
skipping through the meadows catch me if you can

Springtime often left Fairlee quite busy. With only a few months to spread her touch before the Spirit of Summer's season came, the wisp was quite busy and her job was one that could only be accomplished due to the presence of other beings that spread and nourished Spring. However, the Spirit of Spring found nothing burdensome about her duties. The spirits had been kind enough to grant her a title that they did not ordinarily give to fae when she was much younger and she had taken to her duties with great seriousness. After all, why would she not? As the Spirit of Spring, she made the flowers sing and the trees laugh. There was nothing to dislike about what she did.

Yet, her job was not easy. There were times when nature was distrustful and others when it was closed in on itself, making her job difficult. However, it likely became its most difficult when she came to places filled with magic. Such areas often worked in strange ways and they sometimes people lived within them. She had come to such a place recently and, surprisingly, not met any trouble thus far. The flowers were quite nice, though at times hesitant. Nonetheless, she was able to do her job well enough after she spoke to them.

Once again, the will-o-the-wisp visited again and began searching for flowers to help.

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:58 AM

Just what manner of being was it that had come to visit her little garden? Though certainly not their mother, Tanerys was protective of the flower fae; they were creatures of beauty and creatures on the Seelie side, even if they were wild little things. They entertained her whims and saw her as a sort of Goddess; and while certainly..she was not their mother, she entertained playing house with them all the same, to fill the...void. She had done the proper thing, there was no changing it, but she certainly missed having a child. The little ones were suitable substitutes for the time they spent with her - and so the notion of any sort of stranger in their midst was concerning.

Yet fate was kind to Tanerys, for as it turned out that very strange fae had chosen to appear. Her little blossoms had sent such a stir among one another, speaking of the new fae who had appeared to them before. Tanerys found herself in a state of quiet intrigue, though not without caution; flames danced in her hair, ready to lick at any being who made to claim her little blossoms. Of course, she didn’t know this entity’s intentions, but all the same, she felt it prudent to keep her flames alight, just in case.

The mysterious entity which came into her sight, chittered so excitedly about by her little fae…..was a light.

It was a glowing light, one that moved of its own accord. A wisp of some kind, then? Perhaps a fae of the light itself, much in the way the Vibrant Queen was? Tanerys stood among her little ones, hands loosely at her sides for now as she stared upon the newcomer. At the very least, she was certain that this was a fae. But one of the courts? If they were, then identifying herself would surely produce a response. Tanerys’ chin raised as she looked upon the other. ”Dear one,” she breathed, her voice regal, calm, ”you stand in the presence of the Mother of the Hearth of the Seelie Court. My garden tells me that you have been frequenting their home; what might your purpose be?”

Though relaxed, there was a commanding tone to her voice; she would not be addressed as anything less than royalty.

FAIRLEE || Oho who's this newcomer~?

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 04:10 AM

light on my feet ,

The manner of children was one of innocence. A child could understand the matters of the world. It could be seen in how children created their own worlds in games. The king was the leader and the people had to listen to them. However, to children it was just a game. A child could not understand the gravity of life. They laughed in the face of danger or trouble. Trouble was only an instinct that they followed, but the reality of it was something that had to be learned.

It was this nature that made up Fairlee. As an outsider, she did not understand the world of fae. She had been accepted by outsiders, but never had been explained to her what she was nor what it meant to be a will-o-the-wisp. It was a term, in her mind, that was as synonymous to her as her own name.

As Tanerys approached her, she could not realize the gravity of the situation she was in for she did not yet know who the woman before her was.

The light paused, flickering for a moment before she turned her attention to the stranger before her. The action was subtle but the other fae had her attention. The words spoken to her were foreign. Mother of the Hearth, Seelie- these were not things she knew of. She supposed that the first might be a title as Spirit of Spring might be, which meant that the fire woman was recognized by another- or perhaps others- in a way. However, she doubted it was the spirits for surely she would know of her then. Seelie...what was a seelie? In fact, what was a court?

This woman said many strange things.

Fairlee flickered before light took a more human shape. She looked more like a ghost. However, there was more color, as if she were a pale image of a person. Her hair was long and looked as if it should have been dark, but her image was so translucent that it appeared light in the right light. A blue cloak rested on her shoulders. Every now and then she would flicker like a light that was about to blow out.

She tilted her head. "Spreading Spring," she said, looking at Tanerys curiously, "Fairlee is the Spirit of Spring and I spread Spring around this time."

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 11:34 PM

What a confused little ethereal thing she was. Perhaps the Mother of the Hearth had come on too strongly? She was clearly dealing with a fae who had not been exposed to the courts. She called them wildlings - those who had no concept of the courts, those who were free in every sense of the word. She pitied them, because they would never know the greatness of the world within, the praise of the King or Queen. The wilds were kind, she supposed, but the wildlings would not receive glory the way that she had. A true pity.

Tanerys watched as the light-child took form, flickering slightly in a ghostly haze. A wind spirit, perhaps? Or a beam of light? There were plenty fae of light, pure light and not that belonging to flames. The spirit-girl gave an answer, finally, and Tanerys had to admit that it was….not what she expected, but neither was it entirely surprising. The little thing was clearly appreciated by her garden fae, so to hear that she was among the bringers of Spring was hardly anything that brought immense shock. Ah, and her name, Fairlee…

She was certainly a precious wildling, wasn’t she?

Tanerys’ lips curled upward and she nodded, her flames licking casually at her hair with a gentle lull. ”Then you have been tending to the garden, have you? That’s very kind and noble, dear one. Do you bring Spring everywhere? Surely that’s a difficult task for only one.” She smiled a bit more genuinely this time. There was, after all, no harm intended to the sweet ones.

FAIRLEE || Curious fae is curious

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 03:57 PM

light on my feet ,

Fairlee was quite sure of it now. The fire lady was rather odd. She asked silly questions with clear answers. However, it was not a bad silly. If anything, it reminded her of the bird lady she had once come across who had held rather strange beliefs as well. She imagined that it had something to do with being around so many. Much like humans who kept to large groups, magical beings could be quite similar at times. They took upon odd beliefs and did not consider that they might be wrong.

she did not understand it at all, but it seemed to be harmless most of the time.

She giggled at the fire fae's words, as if she had been told something relatively amusing. As she did so, she flickered slightly, making it quite clear that she was relatively translucent. "No," she said cheerfully, as she saw no harm in sharing the information, "Fairlee brings it to as many places as I can. However, there are other people who also bring Spring!"

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 08:23 PM

Well she was a precious little one, wasn’t she? Tanerys smiled lightly as the little creature giggled, eyes fluttering pleasantly as she listened to the giggling, bubbling creature tell her story. Ah, well yes, she had imagined there would be more than one - but, it certainly was admirable that this little creature bring new life to so many places within the world. Tanerys nodded slowly, gazing up at the sunlight as it trickled down about them warmly. ”That’s a very noble task you bear upon your shoulders, little dear one.” she murmured, letting fingers curl in her hair lightly.

Well, at least her little garden wasn’t in any danger, as she may have feared. Though, was this creature seelie, or not? It was hard to tell, she looked to be a Wildling, not quite within the grounds of either. It was possible she was a fae free of those titles. That was easily possible. And perhaps for the better - if she was a spirit of spring, it made more sense that she would be free of such petty titles as “seelie” or “unseelie”.

Tanerys stood back with a smile, crouching by the flower fae that she had so come to consider her precious little garden. ”They certainly appreciate your work, little dear.” She glanced up once more, curious now. ”I’m not impeding you in your work, am I, loveliest? Or have you taken a break to admire the precious little ones as I have.”

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 10:39 PM

light on my feet ,

Fairlee was unsure as to what was noble about what she did. The claim sounded relatively similar to what the goddess Persephone had said to her when they had first met. Perhaps she meant something similar? It would make sense considering that what they were saying sounded the same. "I suppose," she agreed.

She supposed that the fire lady- Mother of the Hearth, she absently remembered, though that did not sound much like a name to her- was correct. After all, her title had been a gift. She did not entirely everything, but she knew that the gift was not one that was normally given to people like herself.

A thoughtful look crossed her face. "No," she said after a moment, "Fairlee had not yet begun but was talking to the flowers, so I am not being bothered."

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 10:17 PM

Well, if she wasn’t bothering the little fae, then the Mother of the Hearth felt content to remain as she was. She had come to enjoy the company of her lovely wild garden, nothing more. Speaking of the sweet blossoms, some of the dear nymphs had gathered around the two fair creatures, some tugging lightly on the Hearth Mother’s dress. She found herself kneeling before them, reaching out a hand delicately to stroke the hair of her precious fae. It was so soft and silky smooth, but these were wildlings, not for her to take within the courts. She imagined they wouldn’t survive there, in such an environment. These lovely creatures were far better left free to their own homes in the wilds, unshackled by the same burdens she carried.

”Have you-” The voice was soft, belonging to a sweet rose nymph. ”Have you any new stories to tell us, Mother?” She had such a lovely fragrance to her, and the Mother of the Hearth gently threaded her hair with a smile. ”And what sort of story would my garden like to hear?” Her voice was a cooing sort of softness, as she looked from the dear things that had come near to her and gazed out to the others, the ones that had congregated around the spring spirit. Such curious things, the wild ones could be. She envied their naivite at times. Though it was almost a tease; she could imagine taking one home to be her daughter or son, but….that would never be allowed. Though some were surely seelie, they were...not bred to live in the courts. Too fragile.

”A happy story.” one of the fae piped up, and Tanerys smiled. They usually liked to hear happy stories, of course. Such pure and sweet things. ”Perhaps a story of the Swan Knight’s first encounter with humans?” she asked, it was a tale she had told them before, but one they seemed to love nonetheless. There was a soft chittering, and Tanerys turned her gaze to Fairlee, smiling sweetly. ”Does the Spring spirit tell you children stories, too?”

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 11:28 PM

light on my feet ,

The presence of nymphs was nothing new to Fairlee. She had spent most of her life among nymphs and spirits far more often than she had spent around fae. In fact, her own species were almost unknown to her. The only knowledge she possessed came in the form in the few encounters she had had of flower fae, will-o-the-wisps, and the occasional snipet of information another might have told her. Overall, it was a vague conglomeration that resulted to knowing very little. As a result, the presence of nymphs were something that she found comforting in such a foreign situation.

She listened to their interaction with the Mother of the Hearth with a fair amount of curiosity. Some of what was being spoken about was fairly foreign to her. She had never heard of someone named the Swan Knight before. It did not sound like a human thing. Perhaps it had to do with fae?

Her attention became more focused as the Mother of the Hearth turned her attention on her. Fairlee's eyes widened and she nodded enthusiastically. "I tell lots of stories!" she said happily.

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 10:38 PM

Whatever manner of creature this little thing was, the wilding was difficult to place. She was beautiful, and seemed to get along well with the wildling flowers; that indicated perhaps she was Seelie, but her nature seemed erratic, foreign. There was a possibility she was of the Unseelie but…it didn’t matter, in the end. Wildlings were not her concern; her disgust extended only as far as the court – anything that lived beyond those encapsulating walls was free and thereby free of her scorn.

Usually.

But ah, she seemed to be one who told the little ones stories just as Tanerys did. She hummed, thinking for a moment, reaching out with one hand as some of her little ones came to receive her love. She gave it willingly, in gentle strokes to their pretty little cheeks. ”Perhaps you could tell a story now?” she asked, tilting her head. ”About yourself. I would love to hear it, and I’m sure so would they. In turn I will tell you, and the little ones, a story of me.”

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 03:52 AM

light on my feet ,

Fairlee paused at the mention of her telling a story. While stories were not something that were unfamiliar to her, she did not normally tell too many stories about herself. As far as the will-o-the-wisp was concerned, there was little to tell in general. There was little to say in regards to her beginnings or even beyond that. How she had become the spirit of Spring was a particularly dull tale, not something that she imagined one would qualify as a story.

There was probably something though. Perhaps a story about how she had met one of her new family members! "Okay! she said after a moment, a wide smile crossing her face, "I know just the story: How Fairlee met her Mommy!" She looked between the flowers and Tanerys expectantly. "Does that sound good?" It was, of course, an odd title. After all, will-o-the-wisps had no parents, not really. They were born from stillborn children. However, this was something that the Spirit of Spring could not begin to realize. Despite her many years, she was only just beginning to mature, slowly realizing that the world she knew was a bit more complex than she understood it to be.

The notion of mother was not something she associated with blood.

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 11:44 PM

How she met her mother….?

Tanerys had been curious of the wisp before, but now, she was ever more so. She made it sound like there was something more to this meeting than simply birth; was she, then, a foundling child, or borne another way? Of course, Tanerys was simply intrigued because she had a particular drive towards motherhood; if left unchecked, and not for the fact that this creature was wild, she very well might take her into the fold of her younglings. She watched the little flower fae chittered among themselves curiously, nodding their innocent little heads and prancing about, some of them trying to latch onto the wisp-girl.

Tanerys smiled softly, nodding her head. ”I believe such a story is a lovely one. And in turn, I shall tell the story of the twin flames Aide and Tanerys.” Her lips curled into a softened sort of a smile, but she was deeply interested in all that was to come next. Just what manner of being was this child, and who was her mother?

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 01:06 AM

light on my feet ,

Unfortunately for Tanerys, the story that Fairlee planned to tell would give no hint to the will-o-the-wisp's birth. After all, such a story was dull to the Spirit of Spring as she knew little about the event and what she did not think suitable for a story. After all, why would anyone wish to hear a story about a child who been lost in the darkness, only to emerge forth into the light- into the world? It seemed dull considering its shortness and lack of detail. A real story was one which captured another and their attention.

This story was exactly that.

A broad smile crossed Fairlee's face at the Mother of the Hearth's words. Making no move to stop the vain attempts of the flower fae, she began her story. "Once, Fairlee had no family," she started, "She was only a light, just like any other. So, she sought for family. She found many brothers and sisters, even an aunt or an uncle. However, Fairlee could not find anyone who might be called mother. For, you see, nobody Fairlee met was quite like her. They were not a light nor did they hold a touch of a Spring. Moreover, none of them were strong and caring. She knew quite well that a mother must be many things, but the most important was that they might be able to care for her."

She paused for a moment, reflective as she flickered. "And so she continued, spreading Spring when the time came and often visiting her large family. Yet, there was never a mother and she quite worried there might never be. What sort of family might she have if she had no parent?" Her lips curved into a frown. However, it disappeared just as quickly as it had come. "It was upon a Spring day that she met her mother. It was one like any other, only differing in that she met a stranger. The stranger was named Persephone- a goddess- and she too spread Spring. Though Fairlee was not her own and quite different despite these similarities, she took her in anyway- as a mother should."

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 11:41 PM

Tanerys listened with quiet interest, hands clasped neatly, as the little wildling began her story. A light…her beginnings were as a light. That would explain why she seemed to appear at least partially of the Seelie; bright things that shimmered like gold were often born of Seelie blood. Still, that she had no mother to speak of was a strange thought; as a biological entity, she had to have been born. Somehow she came into existence. But was it possible the little wild thing didn’t know? Could she have lost that early memory?

Her story began sweetly, but Tanerys heard the twinges of loneliness. A light like any other…..there was no one quite like her. She had been lost without her own kind, then. Perhaps not seelie after all, but unseelie and left by those who were her parents? But…that wasn’t likely. Wildlings were not so bound by those traditions as those of the wealthy inner circles were. Tanerys had to remind herself of that sometimes. She tilted her head as the little thing continued. She sought family…as she brought Spring. How ironic; Spring was the season of new life, of mothers giving birth. Ironic, but fitting.

When the mother’s name was given, Tanerys couldn’t help but quirk a brow in definite shock. Of all the names that could have been given….a God? This wildling was taken in by a God? The mother of Spring herself, Persephone, was certainly known even to the fae of the flames. Many of the little flower buds squealed and danced around Fairlee, chirping Persephone’s name. ”Persephone! I know her! The goddess of Spring! She’s your mother? Fairlee has a wonderful mother!

It was strange. She felt glad for the child, but her last words had left an odd taste in Tanerys’ mouth. She didn’t quite want to address it, so left that feeling to itself, isolating it in the darker corners of her heart. But now it was her turn to tell a story, no? She placed a hand to her breast. ”How lovely that your mother is someone so gracious.” she breathed, allowing the others a moment to take it all in. ”But now the Mother of the Hearth shall tell her story.”

Ah, but now a story…..

”There once were two girls who looked just the same. One liked to dance and one liked to sing. The dancer was named Aide, and she was very good, far better than any other, but she was not allowed to dance for others. She was tainted by darkness, and her family feared that others would hurt her if they saw that darkness. And so, dearest Aide taught her sister. She showed her sister how to dance…..and the identical girls would switch places. The sister would become Aide, and Aide would be able to dance for the love of others, mesmerize them with her footwork. But one day, the secret was found out. Poor, poor Aide was sent away, leaving nothing behind. Her sister still dances in her stead, recalling those beautiful steps she was taught…...but now, when she dances, her feet feel heavy.”

She gave a soft chuckle. ”I suppose it’s not a happy story, is it?”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.