Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome to My Little Shop of Horrors, Tag: Pitch
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 06:11 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Things were finally ready. It'd taken a bit but he'd finally done it. Hours and weeks of study, trial and error, and work paid off in a wide variety of potions, elixirs, and tonics. Course he made what Pitch had asked for. A little somethin that would work wonders when it came to healin. But he'd made plenty of other stuff as well. Some of it was stuff he'd used in the past that he'd managed to recreate usin what he could find on this planet. Others though were new concoctions he'd managed to come up with. He had a feelin that the Boss was really goin to like what he'd come up with.

Taer had already cleaned out his work area for the presentation. The walls were still cluttered with notes, maps, and pictures and the shelves were still stocked with endless ingredients, some still livin and movin, but the rest was fairly clean. His desk was no longer a mountain of stray papers and ingredients waitin to go into a pot. He'd moved the cauldrons off to the side as well. They still had to deal with the fire pits he used but there weren't much he could do about that. The fact that he was presenting to the boss may have had somethin to do with his desire to keep things clean but it was also the principle of the matter. This was business. Weren't very professional to be fussin with dangerous substances in the middle of a mess. And it was things like that that always had set him a bit apart from other yahoos in this business.

Now it was just a matter of waitin for Pitch to show up. Taer leaned against his desk and watched the door. Hopefully Pitch understood the value of punctuality as well as he did.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 06:03 PM
Unknown • Nightmare King • Fear • N/A

Pitch in a candy shop basically
Ah, the promised day….it was time to check in with his new potion master. Truth be told, the Nightrmare King was more than a little giddy; there was something inside of him that felt almost like...ah….if he were to make a comparison, he would have to say he felt like one of North’s lovely little children learning of the presents that he had brought them in their slumber. His potion master had certainly been working hard - that much the Nightmare King knew. He was an unusual one, but then, that added to his skill in the more creative of arts. Just what sort of bottles and beakers and oozes and tonics might he find? What new toys to play with?

There was a part of him that had wanted to simply appear as he ordinarily did, popping out of a shadow here or there; but no, that was disaster. Where dangerous materials and potential explosives were concerned, it was best not to play the dangerous game, better to be traditional and open the door. How old-fashioned! But, he had no problems with it. Though it lacked the flair of his usual entrance, he could still appear with grandeur.

The Nightmare King was more than timely, arriving even a few minutes earlier than anticipated - a side effect of his own quiet excitement, an excitement that he was only barely keeping to himself. How could he, after all? This was the way Christmas should be, opening boxes of goodies for the war! He was sure to knock first, letting the other known he had arrived, even as he stepped through the door with a proud and tall gait. ”Apologies, I’m a touch early...but I’m quite excited you see. I couldn’t help myself.”

He folded his hands behind his back, glancing about with a quirked brow. Oh….it was tidy, tidier than he expected actually. The cauldron to the side of the room told him quite a bit, too, though he dared not let his imagination fill his mind with pretty things; he wanted to allow the good potionmaster before him that honour! He waved one hand idly, giving a short nod. ”Whenever you’re ready.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 08:02 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Trigger Warning: Taer gave himself a booboo/self mutilation

His mighta been a terrifyin war general and destroyer of worlds most of the time but he sure weren't that today. Not while Taer watched him practically skip into his workplace like a kid in a candy store. The man was downright giddy. Ain't no amount of posturin or fancy words gonna change that. He could pretend like he weren't but Taer had seen the same behavior from plenty of high and mighty gangsters to know better than that.

"Uh huh. Well, that just means we can get to the good stuff that much sooner." He weren't gonna comment on his behavior too much. Mostly because he didn't care.

First thing first, what Pitch had actually asked him to make. Taer walked from his spot near the middle of the room to one of his work benches he'd pulled out for display purposes. He picked up a knife from the bench and held up his free hand to Pitch, showin him his palm. Then, he slid the blade of the knife across his palm, openin the flesh with a well of blood. He wen't deeper than he needed to too, tearin through muscle. This was somethin that deserved stitches and should, logically, take a while to heal. He managed to keep his face straight enough, his lip twisting up only a little. This weren't the first time he'd done this for demonstration purposes. And it always did add a certain level of credibility and respect when you used yourself to show off your goods.

He held up his hand again. He was bleedin, this was real. Then, without sayin a word, he picked up a small, round candy container from the bench. He'd been smart enough to take the lid off before this whole demonstration. The stuff inside was a clear, milky paste that smelled strongly of herbs. All Taer had to do was run a finger along the top of it, barely more than a fingernail's worth, and smear it on the cut on the other hand. He wiped off the blood with a rag and showed his hand to Pitch one last time. It looked like he'd never hurt himself to begin with. There weren't even a faint pink line across his palm, a common after effect of other healin creams he'd come across. He tossed the rag under his table and screwed the lid on the container with his perfectly healed hand.

"One of these can easily heal 50 injuries." He said, holdin the tin up. "I got about four of these things right now. Figured that should be plenty to start off with. It won't work on broken bones but that's what I made this for." Taer reached for what looked like a small whiskey bottle. "This takes from a quarter to a full teaspoon to heal a broken bone so I got about 20 of these waitin. They both last a couple years before goin bad. Neither can regenerate lost limbs or cure sicknesses but that's what I'm here for."

He stepped away from his table towards another he'd kept up against the wall. "Of course, that's just one side of what I've made. If you want to see the other, I got plenty more I can show off." He gestured towards the table. He had carefully lined up several different bottles, all different colors and materials. Beside each of them sat a bullet, ready to be fired.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:58 PM

Pitch in a candy shop basically
Though he’d spied the few glances from his Nightmare Man, Pitch was unabashed in his excited little outburst. It was not the first time, nor would it be the last - and it certainly was nothing compared to his dancing. Pity Taer hadn’t been around for that. But then, probably for the better; after all, he’d lost that fight thanks to the unexpected new addition to the Guardians. Though…again…..with Taer and perhaps a few others….he was almost deadly positive that he would have won. He alone had pushed the Guardians so far….mmm….now that was just a sour thought, to imagine he might have won so easily. Best not dwelt upon.

He watched as Taer took a knife and held up a hand. He was unperturbed by the deep incision made, watching as crimson flowed freely from the open wound. His own lips twisted into a smirk and he..yes, certainly he gave the Nightmare Man credit where it was due; his reaction was quite muted, as though he barely felt the pain. It was possible he’d taken something beforehand to numb it, but that was doubtful; Taer seemed more the type to want to show off his product in raw form, unaltered. Ah, but the interesting part….the fun part….was just starting. He’d grabbed some sort of a paste then, from in a jar; barely any at all was smeared onto the open wound, wiped it off…..

Oh….now that was good. Fast-action and minimal application….and if that was what he could do given a short amount of time to create a healing ointment….just what else might he be able to create? He listened intently, his attention genuinely held as he filed away the information provided. A long lifespan for both products, and extremely helpful at that. He was no healer, but being able to repair his soldiers more swiftly meant sending them back into battle more quickly, too. ”That’s good….that’s all very good. But I must admit, you’ve teased me with that there…” He eyed the other bottles and vials with a glint in his eye. ”Please, do show me. I would love to see.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine

PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 03:24 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Taer caught the gleam in Pitch's eye and couldn't keep down one of his shark toothed smirks. A course he wanted to see more. Nevermind that Taer had laid out his good in a way to make em specifically more mysterious and temptin, he'd just shown his boss how well he could do with somethin simple. This was his chance to show 'im what happened when he was free to make what he wanted and he weren't about to disappoint.

He pulled an old fashioned revolver out of his hoodie pocket and loaded the waiting bullets. Once the gun was loaded, he spun the barrel and snapped the gun back together. There. Now they were randomized. It'd make things more interestin for the both of em. He'd already put up targets: flat steal discs hangin from chains on an otherwise undecorated wall. All he had to do was point and shoot.

The first bullet hit exploded into a small inferno upon impact. He'd managed to compact the blaze so that the flames never reached beyond a few inches past the edge of the steal disc but even where he stood all the way across the room, the heat from the fire threatened to singe his clothes. Gettin any closer than they were was dangerous. It only burned for a few seconds before disappearin. Only the molten remains of the disc plopped to the floor with a harsh sizzle once the fire had gone.

"Hits 1750 degrees Celsius. Won't burn past a certain range less it sets somethin else on fire. I can change the range of course." Ultimately, that one were a flashy display but it weren't that amazin. Anyone could create fire, though usually not a concentrated blaze like his. Still, as destructive as it was, it weren't his best or his favorite.

The next shot weren't so fancy or immediate. For a long moment, it seemed like nothin was happenin. It was just a normal bullet hittin a normal target. After a moment though, the metal folded in on itself. It crinkled and crunched, the sound slowly growin softer despite the obvious distress on the metal. Darkness spread from the point of impact as the light around it was slowly sucked inside. With the blackness came a sound so low that it couldn't be heard but instead vibrated deeply and unpleasantly in the bones. Then, suddenly, it was gone. As was the target, the metal chain it'd been hangin by, and a good chunk of the wall behind it.

Now this, was one he was proud of. It'd taken a good bit of spelunking to find the ingredients he'd need to recreate the potion and it had clearly paid off. Especially well since he never actually tried out the potion before now. It was a bit too risky to shoot it off and things turn out wrong. It weren't luck that it worked correctly. That was two days without sleep of constantly carin for the mixture. It was luck that the right ingredients had been there at all. He didn't feel the need to say anythin about this particular one. Pitch was an experienced enough spacer to know when a black hole was nearby. Instead, he just glanced over at his boss to see what he thought so far.

@CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: May 9 2018, 06:23 PM

He wants to make black holes
The Nightmare King watched the display with quiet curiosity. And it was a display; it wasn’t a simple demonstration - but, he was a man for theatrics himself. He could appreciate this. He watched the first bullet as it was fired - how it burst into a small flame, but a hot one all the same. It was barely there, but oh how it burned. He could feel it blaze even from their current distance. He said nothing for now, simply nodding to show he received the message. It would be useful for those without ranged capabilities.

He took a second shot then, and the Nightmare King watched. He quirked a brow, waiting for the after-effect - there []would[/i] be one, of course, he knew there would - and, true enough, the crinkling and fokding of metal proved him right. He let out a quietly curious hum at that one, betraying a bit of his intrigue. The blackness at its center was all-consuming - some sort of warp hole in space? If he had to guess. He was surprised to see that sort of technology here, unless he had managed to scrounge materials from the craft Tiberius had arrived in - if she’d allowed it.

There was an upward curve of his lips, a twisted sort of devil’s grin as he allowed a moment of thought. ”Tell me, Taer Dalit.” he started, eyeing him curiously. ”How long does it take you to put together that last one? And how many do you make at a time? I imagine it must be volatile, and the materials scarce. But I must say it’s absolutely beautiful.
MUSIC | @TAER DALIT
♔ ree @ atf & shine

PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 04:13 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

He had a feelin that one was gonna be a hit. Ain't nothin quite like a portable black hole to show off his skills. And that one did take skill. Still, it was effective and somethin very, very few could replicate. And on this planet, he doubted that anyone'd know how to do that cept for him. Which also made him a valuable commodity. A course, there were a few issues with it that needed to be addressed.

"That one takes me about a week n a half to make once I got my supplies. If I gotta get the supplies, it takes about two weeks total. Each batch only makes 10 doses and I can only make two batches at a time. Any more and things ain't gonna end well." This particular potion was all about timing. Every part had to be prepared individually before comin together in a final 48 hours of nonstop care. If anything was off by even a second, things would go up in smoke. Literally. There were plenty a times durin development that things went wrong. At best, he was left with an acidic mess. At worse, the destabilized potion could take out a couple miles of space.

"I can modify the size some but not too much. If it gets too big, it runs the risk of not collaspin and if it's too small then it won't last long to do much a anythin."[b] Taer said, stickin his free hand in his pocket.

[b]"Of course, if I had someone gettin supplies for me, I'd be able to spend more time doin my finer work like that but since I'm havin to gather what I need myself, I won't be able to get much a anythin out quick."
He wasn't outright saying that's what he wanted but he absolutely wanted help. He didn't have time to do that mindless grunt work. He needed to be here, makin what he needed to. Anyone could pick mushrooms in a forest. But no one else could make black holes for Pitch to use at his leisure. Ideally, Pitch would see that and he'd at least get that bit of what he wanted today.

@CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 01:06 AM

He's already got this
The Nightmare King was silent for once, entirely quiet as he absorbed the information he was fed. Numbers, dates, statistics - all information to help him formulate strategies. The black hole was a powerful tool - but of course he knew it would take time to create. Only after he collected all the necessary materials - which, itself, took time no doubt - it would take approximately ten days, a “week and a half” by his measure, in order to make a total twenty doses.

He was less mindful of the size change; it sounded, to his lack of technical knowledge, as though the variability in these black holes was very small - not enough to make much of a difference. Requesting any larger or smaller seemed pointless, then, but he stored that knowledge all the same. But ah, what he said next had a smirk twitching at Pitch’s lips, because it was the very thought he himself had on mind.

”You know, I thought just the same thing.” he murmured, waving an index finger in the air, taking a few paces. ”I must be mindful of where my resources are spent, to know that they will be well-used. And this… he gestured outward with a grin. ”this is a good use of resources. You’ve certainly proven that. Just what do you need for help? Certainly not an intellectual genius,..but I imagine you would prefer not to have brainless fools handling materials. Exactly what it is you need may determine what I am able to offer you, at the present time, though I certainly have some ideas.”

If it was not a servant of great intellect he required, then perhaps one of the creations of Victor Frankenstein would serve him well.
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.