Add Reply
New Poll

Poison Apples, Tag Eris <3
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 01:44 AM
831 • Former Human • Love • Ireland

I'm gonna break you I'm gonna make you A fucking psycho

Possible M/TW? This might get dark

They had taken him somewhere dark. Everything was dark. He could see nothing - but then, that was by design; absolute blackness in his eyes, in his peripheral, he couldn’t see or hear anything. The joint attack had been too much for him to handle alone; fear alone, that was one thing, Phobos...Phobos he could at least deal with. But the other one was someone new - someone who had equal desire to tear him down, though not for his own suffering; it was that fiend who ruled the Void, out to stick it to Charles. And what better way than to tie down one of his former Angels? Caerwyn hadn’t stood a chance. Not against the two of them. He’d tried, sincerely tried, he’d fought to the very last before fear seeped inside his veins and turned his limbs to jelly.

When he fell, there had been nothing but darkness. A quick slumber, and when he’d awoken, it had been to shadows. They must have blindfolded him, or put something over his face. He couldn’t reach up to check, his hands were firmly stuck behind his back, painfully, whatever was there was cutting into his wrists. He at least had his legs free - and when he’d recovered consciousness, that had been the first thing he took advantage of, swinging a foot out wildly, catching something with a satisfying grunt, but his victory had been short-lived; while he’d managed to kick someone somewhere, he’d abruptly felt a greater wave of fear course through him, rendering him into a state of shock.

Even paralyzed by fear, he knew what was happening. He knew what had happened to him. Losing to the allies of the Nightmare King….they weren’t going to take him anywhere pleasant. He knew what happened to prisoners of the Nightmare King.

...At that point, Phobos no longer needed to manipulate any of his fears; he could already feel them tingling on the surface, bubbling in his blood.

I failed.

He didn’t know how long he was being carried - couldn’t see, couldn’t hear very well, couldn’t exactly perceive time. But abruptly he felt himself being dropped, or rather it felt like he was thrown, to the ground, making solid contact with some sort of hard surface. He tried not to make a sound, but let out a quiet whine all the same.

”We brought him, like you asked.”

He felt a horrible pit in his stomach.
KATRINA This is entirely your fault, remember that
BY MITZI
PM
^
♠ ERIS
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:44 PM
Ancient • Goddess • Discord • Tartarus

Hello, Hello~
It’s only me, infecting everything you love
How long will it take? Eris found herself wondering as she sipped her wine. The deity was lounging in her personal chambers in her home in Tartarus, gazing out the window; she’d grown rather bored as of late, which usually happened when her darlings were on loan to her tall, dark, and handsome comrade. Surely, they would be doing their jobs well, wreaking havoc in Pitch’s name for him, terrorizing small children and strengthening their belief in the Boogeyman… But it left the goddess alone in her realm of chaos, with none but the damned to keep her company. She could only torture the same soul for so long before she lost interest entirely.

In her boredom, her thoughts had turned to Aphrodite. Eris had recently liberated the Goddess of Love’s son from his gilded cage and brought him into her realm - a carefully calculated move in the her long-term plan for destroying her foe - but it didn’t quite have the intended effect on her that she would have liked. Deciding it was time for a different approach, she’d returned to studying her movements; that’s when she first encountered Aphrodite’s beloved “Redbird.”

Asking Phobos about him had been an extremely amusing ordeal. It seemed that the warlord despised the redhead and loathed that his mother thought so highly of him, so much so that when she asked him to fetch him, the young god jumped at the opportunity. She had even told him to use whatever means he’d like, so long as he came to her alive. The sheer delight on his face had been worth it.

Eris was shook out of her reverie by the sound of footsteps coming down the hall. There was a brief knock at the door before it opened to reveal her daughter, Atë. “They’re back~” she sing-songed. A smirk grew on her lips as she rose to her feet and followed her out. Eris had just settled onto her throne when the entry door was pushed open by a pleased looking Hamilcar and Phobos, who was ginning darkly as he dropped the redhead at her feet.

”So you did, thank you boys~” she purred, leaning forward. Reaching out to the captive, she removed the blindfold. ”Though I hardly think the blindfold was necessary, he’s my guest, after all.” Her voice was sweet as she allowed him to gather his bearings, studying his appearance. ”I didn’t think you’d fight them, Redbird... I merely wanted to talk. You weren’t supposed to get hurt...” Phobos shot her a look and her eyes narrowed a fraction at him, a silent reprimand, then waved her hand at both men dismissively. ”This is an ‘A-B’ conversation. Feel free to ‘C’ yourself out.”

made by jaronart

@CARMA @CAERWYN SAGITTAR
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 12:35 AM

The deeper into this…place he went, the greater fear he felt. It emenated from this place, and Caer, for all he had learned to concentrate his empathy on a single spot, had only wisps of fearful emotions to feed on. There was nothing for him to find ease in, not even himself. So it was with shaky breath and trembling limbs that he was “presented” to someone. He didn’t know who. Couldn’t see. Couldn’t even see the Heartstrings to know who it was - this blindfold….whatever it was it inhibited the sight. It was probably made specifically to bind him and Aphrodite, to keep the latter from meddling, but it would have the same effect on him.

He heard a voice, though. A woman’s. And he could feel her near - the warmth of a body that was close, the faint flickering past the blindfold that meant someone was near. He couldn’t help it; when he felt a hand brush at the back of his head, his breath hitched and he flinched violently, steadying only when he realized those hands aimed to remove the offending material from his face. He blinked rapidly, staring straight ahead, not daring to look elsewhere, to see the eyes of Phobos or Hamilcar digging like knives into him. He couldn’t bear those eyes in a place like this, where it felt like his fear was a feast for them to enjoy.

But now he knew who had brought him. It wasn’t Pitch, no, but someone who was definitely dark in nature. She had called him a guest....but he didn’t imagine it was any sort of good thing at all. He couldn’t see her heartstrings, though, which told him this was a deity. A goddess had come for him? Who, though? Someone that Phobos was willing to serve….so Greek, definitely. But who….

He lowered his head, letting his bangs hide his eyes as he felt her looking him over. He didn’t like it; her soft voice, this place, the way she was watching him curiously. Was he a mouse, to her the cat? A bird in a cage to admire?

Bird….

Redbird.

”How do you know that name….” he breathed, his voice low, as low as he could make it, to seem less afraid, and more frustrated. He wasn’t sure if it was working, but there was genuine anger - that name….that belonged to Aphrodite. This person knew Aphrodite…..had she hurt her? Were they on the same side? He didn’t know….couldn’t tell. Couldn’t feel it. He chose not to acknowledge her words - if she thought he wasn’t going to fight, she was sorely mistaken. But that didn’t mean he was going to answer her; telling her anything was revealing information and he wasn’t about to give himself away in any form.

So instead, he just stared downward at the ground.
@KATRINA HE'S NOT HAPPY AT ALL
BY MITZI
PM
^
♠ ERIS
 Posted: May 2 2018, 11:20 AM

Hello, Hello~
She supposed she was expecting the boy to flinch, most did when she touched them, but he steadied quickly. At her comment, Hamilcar left the room - he often did as she asked, though usually it was because he had other things he wished to be doing - but Phobos lingered behind, engaging in a silent conversation with her that consisted mainly of pointed glances and eyebrows. It went on for a few moments until she pointed to the door, scowling, and mouthed, ‘Get. Out.’ The godling stalked from the room, closing the door with a bang.

”Now,” she began, smiling down at her rival’s son. ”Wine? Tea? Something to snack on?” As she spoke, several items appeared on a table in front of them. Eris admired the way he focused all of his attention ahead of him, never giving either of his captors the satisfaction of reading his expression, but he wasn’t giving her the satisfaction or the courtesy of looking at her either - how could he, with his head bowed and his hair in his face. Rather rude, wasn’t it? Her eyes narrowed for a moment, but then she relaxed.

A question? Not an introduction? Rude, indeed. The goddess settled herself in her chair and studied him with her chin resting on her hands, as she often did when she was growing bored. ”It’s the only name for you I have,” she answered with an honestly that was uncharacteristic of her usual nature. ”If I had another name to call you by, I would use it.”

When it became apparent that he wasn’t going to look at her, she sighed exaggeratedly. ”First, you fight my messengers and become unnecessarily hurt in the process, then you ignore me when I initial conversation… What poor manners you have, Redbird,” Eris chided, opening a portal to fetch herself some wine. ”Am I to assume you’ll also spit in the face of my hospitality… What would your mother think?”

made by jaronart

@CARMA @CAERWYN SAGITTAR
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: May 4 2018, 06:31 PM

Being offered food and drink wasn’t what Caer was expecting in a place like this. He didn’t know what he expected, but as far as he was aware he was a prisoner. Any kindness offered his way was false. She wasn’t being kind to him, no. This was probably a trick of some kind - a way to make him lower his guard. She would butter him up with kindness and then strike when he expected nothing. But exactly what she wanted with him...he had no idea.

She knew who he was, though. And who he was to Aphrodite. No one else except close friends and family knew the name Redbird. She had to belong to the Greek pantheon, then. No one good, though, if she’d had Caer brought to her. Even worse was that Phobos seemed so eager to please this woman; whoever she was, she really was dangerous. He didn’t even want to think about who she might be.

His eyes flicked up when he saw movement, and he blinked. She was making things appear out of nowhere...like magic. Definitely magic. But Caer stayed silent, unwilling to bend, not yet. She hadn't even put a scratch on him, he couldn’t start whining now. He had to be stronger than that. He refused to show fear, but he also refused to show respect; whatever she wanted, it wasn’t a nice tea party. She would have extended a bit of a different invitation for that. So, he kept glaring at nothing in particular. He thought about giving her his name, but disregarded it; he knew that there was magic in the world that came from knowledge of names - it was safest not to tell her. But still, hearing her tarnish Aphrodite’s pet name for him….

”Cupid.” he mumbled eventually, finally looking up, emerald greens staring deeply into her. ”And of course I fought them. I don’t really like being kidnapped very much. This….” He glanced around him, returning a steely glare to Eris. ”isn’t hospitality. And what my mother would think is that you’re a shitty bitch for stealing her son. What do you want with me.”

His voice was stronger, confident. He had to sound confident if he wanted to get anywhere with this. He wasn't going to play her stupid tea party friendliness; he wanted to know what the hell she wanted him for and get it over with.
@KATRINA redbb isn't havin it
BY MITZI
PM
^
♠ ERIS
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 07:17 PM

Hello, Hello~
Eris watched him calmly, curiously. She had a feeling that she knew what he was thinking - if his facial expressions were anything to go by. The goddess could see that he was trying to suss out who she was, what her motives were, but - aside from the condition he'd arrived in, no thanks to her messengers - she'd been nothing but cordial to him. Well... as cordial as she could be.

Ahh, finally, she thought with satisfaction. Cupid had lovely eyes, Eris noted, full of anger and confidence. ”Cupid it is then. Suits you better, I think.” The goddess rested a hand under her chin as she swirled the wine about in her glass, listening to his grievances; the name calling warranted a raised eyebrow, but she didn't speak until he was finished throwing his little temper tantrum.

”It was never my intention for them to abduct you, Cupid. Truthfully, I had thought it was a little odd that Phobos leaped at the opportunity to run this errand for me...” Eris frowned deeply. ”That's why I sent Hamilcar with him, though I can see that was a poor choice as well.” Her tone was apologetic, her face tinged lightly with guilt. Eris was a good actress - it'd gotten her far - but she sensed that this one would require more skills than she usually employed.

”Usually, I send one of my daughters to extend invitations, but they were both rather busy, hence my need for other messengers,” Eris inclined her head a bit. ”I do apologize for the hurt they caused you, as I didn't anticipate they would. You have my word that they will be dealt with - I give my word.” To emphasize her seriousness, the goddess raised her hand and sealed her oath by crossing her heart. ”And surely, with Aphrodite as your mother, you know that when a goddess gives her word, she's bound for all eternity?”

A token of goodwill, that's what it was. Perhaps he would be a bit more trusting now? Still, she would continue to extend token after token to him. Eris needed him on her side and she was used to getting what she wanted. ”Please sit.” Eris took another sip of her wine and waved another hand, fashioning a plush chair. ”My hospitality is genuine, Cupid. I'm a very busy woman and I haven't got all day, but this is worth neglecting my duties, if only for a little while.”

Swirling her wine around in her glass, she eyed him. ”I invited you here because I need your help. I think you might be the key to Aphrodite,” the goddess then set her glass down, looking weary. ”We have spent centuries warring with one another over a number of foolish things and I have long grown tired of it. I wish to lay the matter to rest once and for all, however, given everything we've put one another through, I doubt she will believe me to be sincere...”

made by jaronart

@CARMA @CAERWYN SAGITTAR
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 06:54 PM

Suited him better. He didn’t really care either way what she thought of his name; he himself wasn’t sure if Cupid fit him all that well, given his nature wasn’t restricted to romantic love, but it was what the Man in the Moon had chosen. He didn’t much like her, whoever she was. She seemed crafty - silky but serpentine, the most dangerous sort of woman. And that he couldn’t read her emotions automatically had him defensive. He just wanted to get to the bottom of this, for her to lay out her terms. She probably wanted information on Aphrodite - since she spoke of the connection, it was clear that she knew his love mother.

In the end, he couldn’t have rolled his eyes harder if he tried. To his credit he didn’t speak his displeasure, but for god’s sake….sending Hamilcar with Phobos was the absolute worst decision she could ever have made. Caerwyn had been one of Charles’ Angels at a time - of course Hamilcar would want to damage Charles somehow, and if it meant taking one of his former Angels down in combat, then of course he’d do it. She had literally pitted two people who had reasons to hate him and asked them to play nice with their prey then left them to it. In his mind it didn’t matter even if her words were sincere; she clearly didn’t know enough about him to be asking her underlings to bring a captive to her.

He also wasn’t sure he could call himself anything but a captive, at least for now. She had yet to convince him otherwise; the kindness only set him further on edge. And so was the...promise, her insistence on it. It was one thing to promise and say she was going to punish them, but she was laying it on really heavily. He didn’t doubt her - after all, she was right, a promise was to be kept when made. But it was just….that wasn’t his business. He didn’t really care about that. If she hadn’t specified “don’t hurt him” then technically they were doing what they were told. He wasn’t defending them or anything, but her weird fixation on insisting the promise was….odd.

Then again she was probably trying to prove that he could trust her. It kind of had the same effect as the pleasantness. He watched as she fashioned some kind of….big comfy red chair and asked him to sit. He pressed his lips together, glancing up and then back toward her. It was….nice. He sat down, in the nice chair, after nicely being promised revenge against the assault he suffered, and after the nice behaviour she treated him with. It was a lot of buttering him up. The generosity made him uncomfortable - not because of her, but he just wasn’t…used to it in general. He’d never lived like this and it felt weird to be treated this way.

He allowed her to speak again - finally getting to the root of why she’d “invited” him. He’d been right that it was about Aphrodite….but his eyes narrowed at the actual intentions she had. She’d said herself they had been at war for so long...but how could he just believe her words? Still, that she was going through him gave him the opportunity to question it. Caer looked up, attempting to meet her eyes. ”I have...two questions.” he started, decidedly more cordial now. He was well enough aware that as a deity, she could do a lot of harm if he upset her. ”First….how do I know you’re telling the truth? And second….what do you want me to do? I may be her foundling, but I don’t think even I can sway her.”

Not that he even knew if he wanted to.
@ERIS She's getting there...gotta try a bit harder
BY MITZI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.