Add Reply
New Poll

Hideaway, Post-Masquerade Dork
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 11:42 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

One thing Virginia still remembered from her time being alive: Spend enough time at any ball or banquet, and it will prove to be more exhausting than a social event should ever feel. Most of it was the direct result of constantly interacting with people, many of them strangers, while being aware of one's surroundings, keeping one's poise, and making sure that one kept moving around instead of getting bogged down in any given corner. Eat little, drink with moderation, and stay conscious of avoiding any conversational faux pas.
Having fun was hard work.

In addition to all that, the Masquerade also provided extra obstacles that Lady Stork needed to clear. One was the mystery of masks - one could never know with whom she was having a conversation, and while it was unlikely that any mystery guests were foes, that did not mean she could interact with them as close friends either. Virginia found that she had a hard time guessing identities - even when she knew what (or whom) she was looking for. For example, while she thought she might have caught a glimpse of Douglas over the course of the evening, she could never be sure. She noticed that the fact filled her with a certain amount of disappointment, even frustration. While she did end up having other, decidedly charming, dance and conversation partners, she did miss her... friend.

The other obstacle was her own outfit. She rarely dressed in such revealing things; this time, Desiree was to be blamed for the bold choice that was so out of character (or so she believed) for the Victorian lady that she spent the evening subtly checking to make sure all parts of the dress were still where they needed to be. Luckily, the mask covered most of her face, and with it the occasional blush. Still, with all above things considered, she felt like she was constantly on display.

By the time Moon's speech was over, and guests were beginning to disperse into the late night, Virginia was in sore need of a place where she could be alone. Not that she did not like the Guardians, or was glad that she had been invited to the Masquerade... but now, she needed to take a breath (not an easy feat in the dress), and calm her head a little.
She ended up in the Librarium. It was empty, this late at night, and the familiar smell of books combined with the blessed silence of a reading space had an immediate soothing effect on Virginia. The Librarim was filled with good memories, and provided comfort. She sighed as she walked in, smoothing down her pearl-studded dress, and closed her eyes, leaning against the nearest bookshelf for a moment.

Sometimes, one just needed a moment of quiet.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 08:08 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Thehh’d bin quite an event goin’ on fahh as ‘e could tell. Douglas was...given th’same invitation as th’rest ov cahhrse, bu’ bein’ as he knew a lot ov th’story vat was bein’ told…’e din’t really fink ‘e had ter go. Vat an’ well...th’kind ov even jus’ wan’t fer him. Too uptight, too fancy. It jus’ din’t suit him ‘ny. Too fancy, too crowded, nae vat it was a bad fing….jus’ nae th’style ov someone wot liked ter go arahhnd in as little clovves as necess’ry. ‘E was an animal spirit born an’ well...last ‘e checked rabbits din’t weahh anyfin’ but fer theihh skin an’ fur.

Nae offense ter th’uvver Gahhdians bu’ he din’t go. It jus’ wan’t his style; betwen bein’ more ov an introvehhted spirit an’ th’fact vat th’whole Masquerade envihhnment was a bit stuffy ter his tastes….’e stayed be’ind an’ tended ter th’Librarium - which seemed ter be gettin’ more visits vese days. Vat made him happy ter be honest; th’Librarium ‘ad a whole lot ov magical resources available - it was hahhd ter tuhhn away wiff all th’books vat wehh jus’ sittin’ thehh ter be read. ‘E often fahhnd himself stayin’ ‘ere when ‘e wan’t busy wiff th’Gahhdians.

Douglas ‘ad bin sitting up on top ov one ov th’bookshelves, readin’ abahht th’fouhh ‘eavenly beasts ov Korean myffs. ‘Onestly ‘e jus liked ter sit back an’ relax readin’ abahht each ov vese tales whenevehh ‘e wan’t busy; e’en if’t was a story ‘e’d read before ‘e liked ter refresh ‘is memory. Bu’ vis time, ‘e fahhnd himself bein’ distuhhbed by th’sahhnd ov soft footsteps from below. Douglas pressed ‘imself dahhn onto thtop ov th’shelf, an’ peered dahhn o’er th’edge ter see…

Well wan’t vat jus’ a shock.

‘Ad th’Gahhdians’ meeting ended? Or was she jus’ here cause she got exhausted from all th’socializin’? Eivver way ‘t was a good time ter pay th’bihhd a visit. Douglas moved fohhwahhd, an’ leaped dahhn from th’top ov th’shelf - a good high jump bu’ he was a rabbit, vis was normal fer him - an’ he landed nae fahh from th’introspectin’ bihhd.

”Ye find yerself a little lost, bihhd? Ye look like yer mind’s wanderin’.”

Thehh was a genuine smile on ‘is face - one ov th’few times ‘e greeted someone fihhst wiff a real, genuine smile. ”Tell me, was the pahhty good fun?”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Take him up on the offer do it |love, libby

LADY VIRGINIA STORK
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 08:30 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Douglas just... appeared out of nowhere. For a man his size, it was remarkable how he moved sometimes, probably due to his rabbit and trickster nature. Virginia let our a surprised gasp as he landed in front of her, probably giving him exactly the reaction he was hoping for. In her need for a quiet place, she completely forgot how much time he spent in there. She was the only one to blame, really, for the jump.

>>”Ye find yerself a little lost, bihhd? Ye look like yer mind’s wanderin’.”

"How did you know it was me?" Virginia blurted out, then immediately regretted the question. He was, after all, Guardian of Knowledge, and as much as she felt dressed in a way that was out of the ordinary for her, she was probably very much recognizable to him. She clicked her tongue at her own foolishness, then reached up to undo the ribbons of her mask. The thing was getting bothersome anyway.

>>”Tell me, was the pahhty good fun?”

"It is almost done now." she sighed, taking the mask off. The cool air felt nice on her skin. "It was... interesting. People got a little more... familiar, with the masks on." She even got asked to dance. But that was another story. She tilted her head, looking at Douglas who was not dressed for the party at all. It was surprising that he would have missed Moon's speech. "Have you been here all night?..."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 09:26 PM

Poor fing ‘ad jumped - bu’ vat was sahhrt ov th’point. ‘E might ov gotten past most ov ‘is practical tricks whehh Gin was concehhned, bu’ time an’ again ‘e did enjoy still trickin’ her in a few ways. Much tamehh van any ov ‘is uvver games ov cahhrse, poor fing would prob’ly die ov embahhasment if ‘e went wiff any ov ‘is old bag ov tricks. Trickstehh spirits could be some’at vulgahh wiff theihh games. Best nae ter kill th’bihhd.

Cute vat she was so shocked ‘e could figger ahht whehh she was. Really nahh, as a huntehh vat was sahhrt ov wot ‘e was best at, sniffin’ folks ahht. ”You ‘appen ter look an’ smell unique, bihhd. I was up thehh-” Douglas poin’ed up, ter th’top ov one ov th’shelves. ”I was jus’ goin’ o’er a few recohhds an’ I saw ye - smelled ye fihhst though. It’s yer smell vat gives ye away th’most.” ‘e leaned easily ‘gainst th’bookcase as she undid th’mask abahht ‘er face. Vat was a bit ov a shame, ‘e kinda liked’t, it looked real nice - pahht ov him wondehhed whehh she got’t from. Did she make’t hehhself, wiff vat illusion magic ov ‘ers?

Good ter heahh vat th’pahhty was windin’ dahhn now. ‘E wan’t really one fer such bahhts ov excitement. He grinned, smihhkin’ as he edged a bit neahhehh ter th’bihhd. ”Familiahh, is’t? Did ye happen ter make yer way in and ahht ov any broom closets?” Awrigh’ he knew vat was low an’ would prob’ly git th’poor bihhd tuhhnin’ bright red, bu’ he had ter make th’jest all th’same. ”I bin jus’ fine. I awready knew wot th’Man in th’Moon was gonna tell ye folks; bein’ as I wohhk up thehh wiff th’brat. Sah I bin spendin’ me time ‘ere readin’. I migh’ like ter talk a lot bu’ suhhprisin’ly pahhties an’ that sahhrt jus’ ain’t me style.” Aftehh vat, Douglas gave Gin a quick once o’er an’ relaxed inter a genuine sahhrt ov smile.

”Ye look nice.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Was that a shippy moment |love, libby

LADY VIRGINIA STORK
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 06:16 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Once the mask was removed, Virginia reached up to tuck some stray strands of her accurately behind her ear. There was amusement in Douglas' eyes as she asked him how he knew it was her; the answer was so obvious she could have guessed it herself the moment she asked the question.

>>”You ‘appen ter look an’ smell unique, bihhd. I was up thehh- I was jus’ goin’ o’er a few recohhds an’ I saw ye - smelled ye fihhst though. It’s yer smell vat gives ye away th’most.”

"Oh." Instinctively, Virginia inhaled, trying to guess what smell he was talking about. It was the perfume she was wearing, most likely; she was never one for extravagant scents, but she liked the faint hint of lilies of the valley or lavender, or other flowers that had been popular in her youth. Not in excess, of course. But Douglas was part trickster and wholly a rabbit; he was bound to have a keen sense of smell. The thought made her cheeks color pink again as the conversation moved on to the masquerade.

>>”Familiahh, is’t? Did ye happen ter make yer way in and ahht ov any broom closets?”

"Broom closets...?" it took Virginia a moment to grasp the implication - but when she did, she straightened her spine with an angry flash of her eyes. "Excuse me, Douglas! Just what kind of a woman do you think I am?..."

He seemed amused by the whole thing, again. He had clearly been joking at her expense. Still, the mere idea of... spending time in private in close quarters with an unknown male person... was just outrageous. She clicked her tongue, letting Douglas know that she did not appreciate the implication.

>>”I bin jus’ fine. I awready knew wot th’Man in th’Moon was gonna tell ye folks; bein’ as I wohhk up thehh wiff th’brat. Sah I bin spendin’ me time ‘ere readin’. I migh’ like ter talk a lot bu’ suhhprisin’ly pahhties an’ that sahhrt jus’ ain’t me style.”

The party... had been interesting. Occasionally entertaining, even. Virginia did not regret going, and she felt more a part of the Guardians' movement than she had in a long time. Still... she would have expected to see Douglas there as well. He was friendly, and people seemed to like him. Sure, he knew Moon, and what he had been planning, but surely...

>>”Ye look nice.”

Her train of thought derailed at those words. She looked up at Douglas, surprised, and noted the smile, a different kind of smile than his usual teasing smirk. Self-consciously, her hands smoothed down her pearl-studded dress, and then flitted to her hair again. Damn, he had a habit of catching her out of sorts.

"Why... thank you." she knew she was flustered, but could do little about it. His appreciation, she found, meant a lot to her, although she could not explain why - and neither could she solve the puzzle of why she had been trying to catch a glimpse of him at the masquerade all night. "It is a pity you did not come to the gathering." she ventured, forgetting to check her words at the exit "I would say you would have probably worn a costume well..."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 11:04 PM

Vis bihhd…sah easy ter flustehh o’er jus’ abahht anyfing. E’en jus’ tellin’ her vat she ‘ad a scent abahht ‘er…truff be told thehh was a few fings – she smelled like a bihhd, fer one, an’ fer anuvver she ‘ad vis strong bit ov pehhfume abahht ‘er. Nae a scent ye could jus’ miss. Bu’ she did have a ravver cute blush. He din’t much mind seein’ it. E’en at her ahhn expense. She was jus’ fun ter tease truff be told. Bu’ he’d play nice…she prob’ly had a hahhd enough time at vat dance.

Still, jus’ vis one tease…’e had ter make’t. He grinned at vat angry flustehh – she responded fahh ter well ter his taunts; it ahhnly encouraged him, dinshe know? He waved a ‘and airily. ”S’ jus’ in jest, luv. Mefinks yer th’easily rustled sahhrt ov bihhd.” Thehh was a slight apology ter his tone; vat was steppin’ a bit o’erboard an’ he’d be shore nae ter push any more van vat. Nae need ter be a dick abahht’t.

Sah why not a bit ov honesty, ven? She looked good dressed vat way; cahhrse she was always a prim n’ propehh Lady, bu’ she looked very…mm, catchin’, but in sahhrt ov an elegant way. Poor fing hadn’t expected him ter be sah sweet, an’ now she was getting’ all self conscious. Bu’ vat was wot came wiff bein’ a trickstehh; one moment ‘e was makin’ uncahhth jokes an’ th’next playin’ nice. He gave a shrug as she lamented ‘bahht his lack ov presence, shakin’ his head. ”Ahh may like people fine, bu’ somefin’ like vat…s’a bit ter stuffy for me, an’ crowded. Ahh like people, bu’ Ahh like ter watch from afahh more van mingle. Bu’ if ye really wan’ a dance wiff me, bihhd, how’sabahht we dance ‘ere, jus’ th’two ov us?”

Thehh was a smihhk on his lips as ‘e reached ahht, bowin’ dahhn. ”Vat is wot ye want, innit?”
you can count on me
Was that a shippy moment |love, libby

LADY VIRGINIA STORK
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 06:45 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>> ”S’ jus’ in jest, luv. Mefinks yer th’easily rustled sahhrt ov bihhd.”

Of course he was teasing her. Even with his trickster ways and his unfiltered words, Virginia did not know Douglas as the sort that would be cruel to a woman's reputation. He seemed endlessly entertained by the difference between the two of them, and took any opportunity to make her blush. It was hard to reconcile with the moment they shared back on the Moon Clipper... but she was getting used to it. He always behaved differently in private too. She wondered what it would have been like if he had come to the ball...

>>”Ahh may like people fine, bu’ somefin’ like vat…s’a bit ter stuffy for me, an’ crowded. Ahh like people, bu’ Ahh like ter watch from afahh more van mingle."

Guardian of Knowledge. He was observant, even when he appeared to be goofing off, and he knew more than he let on. He probably knew everything Moon had said at the ball, so technically there was no need for him to bother with the masks and the drinks and the niceties... and yet Virginia found a little bit of disappointment in herself, over having wasted the masquerade without his company. Which was, obviously, ridiculous.
And yet.

>>"Bu’ if ye really wan’ a dance wiff me, bihhd, how’sabahht we dance ‘ere, jus’ th’two ov us? Vat is wot ye want, innit?”

Virginia's eyes widened as he held a hand out to her, and bowed. He did it well too, not in jest, and she was stuck with trying to see a glint in his eyes, to know if he was teasing or if he meant it. Just the two of us, he said, and now she was warm all over once again, and really, really hoping that she was not about to make a complete fool of herself. She reached out, hesitantly, until her fingertips touched his, but her other hand still fluttered to her dress, and her hair.

"I am afraid I did not... we don't have any music?"
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 10:40 PM

Obsehhvant was a good wohhd ter call Douglas. He was well awahh ov th’way uvvers looked at one anuvver, an’ how vey looked at him jus’ as much. Sah ‘e was well enough aware vat Gin was put ahht vat ‘e hadn’t gone ter th’ball. It would ov bin fun, prob’ly, jus’ nae his kind ‘a fun. Th’Moon Rabbit wan’t exactly known ter be th’type vat frequented fancy occasions; ‘e was an animal, wild wiffahht a filtehh. Nae good comp’ny fer a masquerade. Bu’ poor Gin shore looked like she’d missed him, aye?

Right nahh it was jus’ th’two ov them, surrahhnded by books on impossibly high shelves…nuffin’ else. If wot she wanted was a dance…jus’ a moment between th’two ov them…well ‘e wouldn’t mind ter give vat to her. Bu’ it did bring the question….’xactly wot was’t that made vis bihhd miss him sah much? ‘e had a few ideas….an’ a few ideas ter why ‘e came ahht ter offer a dance wiff her ahht ov th’blue…bu’ he wondehhed if she’d come ter th’same conclusion vat ‘e had. Would ‘e have ter spell it ahht?

She’d reached an’ took his hand. It was smallehh, softehh, van his. Vat uvver hand was anxiously curlin’ in ‘er hair…poor fing was nehhvous. Douglas stepped fohhwahhd, reachin’ wiff his uvver hand to rest it jus’ at her waist. ”We don’ need music, long as we got th’steps. It migh’ not be th’neatest dance…bu’ a dance nonetheless. Sides, I’ll lead.”

He took the first step, allowing her to follow.
you can count on me
Omg kill me it's cute |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 06:25 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

First contact had been made. Now her hand was in his, and even though she was still wearing gloves, she could feel the warmth of the touch. Gloves were essential, for many reasons. One of them was that they made contact like this less direct, less intimate, thus preserving a lady's decency.
More or less.

Douglas moved closer and placed a hand on her waist. Virginia was at a loss of what to say, or think. His hand was just below the low cut of the back of the dress; he was not touching skin, but she was keenly aware that he could have, if he wanted to. They were closer now, like dancers tended to be, and yet it was different. It was her second dance for the night, but she could not even recall the first one to compare to this present situation. Definitely not to the things she was feeling.

>>”We don’ need music, long as we got th’steps. It migh’ not be th’neatest dance…bu’ a dance nonetheless. Sides, I’ll lead.”

He did. He moved, and Virginia moved with him, on instinct. She had learned the dances of her own era, not for debauchery, but for sheer politeness, for events where people danced for conversation. But she never really threw herself into dancing with a partner. And Douglas was definitely not what her own social circle would have labeled polite company.
Not that she cared.

In fact, she was stunned by her own lack of caring at the moment. She was still warm all over, but now that there were steps to follow, she had no room for hesitation. That was good, at least, she was too busy dancing to make an idiot out of herself. The warmth, inside and out, was almost tangible, and she could see Douglas up close, very close, and she had no idea how to react to that.

"You have some experience dancing." she noted, more of an observation, just to make words instead of staring. Words were good. They sounded almost normal.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 11:43 PM

Douglas ‘ad bin very pahhticulah in th’way he addressed Gin; she was in a some’at lovely dress, one wiff a low cut back – none ov which ‘e brought ter attention. Shore ‘e’d bin a righ’ bastahhd an’ called ‘er ahht on some lewd fings ‘e knew she’d ne’er git herself involved in…broom closets wiff handsome gents an’ th’like…bu’ he was good enough tern ae say anyfing abahht th’dress – mostly pcause Douglas himself din’t much cahh. Flesh wan’t nothin’ new, bu’ he realized a lotta folks got all antsy abahht’t, abahht showin’ skin. Sah when ‘e closed th’distance he din’t touch ‘er, jus’ th’dress.

Dancin’ was somefin’ Douglas enjoyed plenty as much as ‘e liked a good bout wiff ‘is fists. Fightin’ was jus’ anuvver expression ov dance…cept ye an’ yer pahhtnehh were wohhkin’ against one anuvver, not wiff each uvver. Usually wiff dance, thahh, it was jus’ himself – nae wiff a pahhtnehh, or’t was wiff a group. Bu’ vis, one-on-one, wan’t somefin’ he did a lot. Sah when’t was jus’ th’two ov them…Gin an’ himself…it wan’t any less new for him as’t was for her. Cahhrse he kept vat ter himself.

She wan’t half bad eivver – she did a good job followin’ his lead, which…was good since it meant less steppin’ on his feet. Truff be told ‘e was jus’ sahhrt ov makin’ vis fing up as vey went…bu’ he wore’t as if he knew th’dance, an’ th’song. He had ter chuckle softly as she commented on his movements, sayin’ vat he had…experience. ”I ‘appen ter enjoy a good dance now an’ again, much as I look n’ act like a meat’ead I am a man ov many talents, ye migh’ say.” He grinned back as th’dance went on. ”Bu’ yer nae sah bad yehhself, luv. Bit flush in th’cheeks, I migh’ add.”

He waggled ‘is eyebrahhs jus’ a bit at vat. Couldn’t be ‘elped.
you can count on me
AHHHH |love, libby

TAMMY
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 04:38 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

It was really hard to carry a conversation while dancing alone with someone to no music at all. Under normal circumstances, there would have been music, other couples to pay attention to, people watching, other conversations floating around; silence would not have been silence, and polite words would have been enough to keep the conversation going. But there was no polite and easy way around anything, not when she was alone with the Guardian of Knowledge.

>>”I ‘appen ter enjoy a good dance now an’ again, much as I look n’ act like a meat’ead I am a man ov many talents, ye migh’ say.”

He did dance well, Virginia had to admit that. Not that she had ever figured Douglas out enough to decide what he could or could not do well. But now she was aware of their hands palm to palm, and her other hand resting on his shoulder, and now they moved together to no music at all, and it all made her face turn bright red with no explanation whatsoever.

>>”Bu’ yer nae sah bad yehhself, luv. Bit flush in th’cheeks, I migh’ add.”

Him pointing out the obvious was not helping much at all. Virginia blushed furiously, wishing she had not taken off the luna moth mask. She huffed a little, aware of how close they were to each other as she tried to look away.

"You are aware that it is hardly within my comfort zone to dance with a man in such a private setting." she noted. Not that she did not enjoy the dance... but her upbringing did not exactly allow her to admit that.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.